CO - James Holmes Trial - *Penalty Phase* #4 - LWOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
YEP~~ 10 minute break requested by one of the juror's!!
The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol 2m2 minutes ago
#theatershooting

Juror said “I am sorry I need a break” - sent note to judge

Another broken heart -- as I said earlier when I couldn't breathe, you never know when "it" will hit you, but it happened to me, and that's not like me at all -- in fact, I sometimes wonder if I am too cold -- but not this time.

Oh, that sick $()B.

What was the chickfila comments? I'm just catching up, busy days lately, kinda glad because this testimony hurts my heart.

Sorry I've been MIA recently... I've been keeping myself updated daily but it's as if the mere mention of my mom's bipolar disorder can trigger an episode... because she went from being her normal, baseline self to full-blown manic over the weekend (realistically I know talking about it on here had nothing to do w/ it but I still feel like I jinxed it somehow). So, anyway... I've had my hands (& worries) full over the last few days. She's going to the doc tomorrow, so hopefully her mood will right itself as quickly as it turned south.

This a late comment---earlier people said how hard it has been to go to movie theaters after this shooting---I can go to movies but I still can't watch "The Dark Knight Rises"---my pulse rate goes up, I get sick to my stomach and all I can think about is this shooting..I just can't watch that movie !!!

It goes to the character of the victim and compassion towards others. Jmo.

I believe the reference to Chick-fil-A came from Jessica Ghawi's brother Jordan, as their mother recounted.

He was in chat at the Denver 7 Live feed and so I looked him up on the net, then spent about an hour reading all about him and his views. My quest was also prompted by the description mentioned by Sandy Phillips of his relatedness* since the murder.

I know there are other victim survivors besides Jordan who are not in favor of the DP for the defendant. Does anyone have a list? I'm curious about the reasons for their positions. TIA!

ETA: The power shut-off at my home before I had a chance to finish this post. I punched the Send button really FAST when I got the warning from my UPS and it went thru, thankfully! So all I would like to add is that Sandy Phillips spoke of the distance from her son since the murder, that he apparently texts but not much f2f contact, a form of NON-relatedness*. His Twitter suggests the reasons, perhaps. Anyway, I invite anyone interested to check it out.

So...what did Jordan say about Chick fil A?

So...what did Jordan say about Chick fil A?

He discouraged her from patronizing the store, and she agreed because he said so and said why. Please check the video of the hearing to confirm. :)

~jmo~

I now think it may have been AJ Boik's mother. Nevertheless, the rest of my post above about Jordan stands.

She said she ID'd Mikala's DL. They showed her the drivers license, not her body at that time. They obviously found her DL on her & wanted to verify that she was the person, her sister belonged to. I think that's what I took it to mean.

So did I -- she went there perhaps hoping to find her sister on a stretcher, or sitting up breathing oxygen, etc., but the people there said they had driver's licenses (maybe the bodies were still in the theater? or on the way to the morgue?), so there she is looking thru DL's and there she finds her sister's little picture. No hugs for either of them, no kiss, no pat on the head, nothing but a quickly-snapped pic of her sister taken by someone who didn't even know her. And she realizes what the DL means.

:hug:
Sorry I've been MIA recently... I've been keeping myself updated daily but it's as if the mere mention of my mom's bipolar disorder can trigger an episode... because she went from being her normal, baseline self to full-blown manic over the weekend (realistically I know talking about it on here had nothing to do w/ it but I still feel like I jinxed it somehow). So, anyway... I've had my hands (& worries) full over the last few days. She's going to the doc tomorrow, so hopefully her mood will right itself as quickly as it turned south.

:grouphug:

I listened again twice tonight to the testimony of Sandy Phillips, and I'm not sure now whether it was Jordan to his mother, or instead a part of the VIS from AJ Boik's mom. I invite anyone to listen again to clarify. I just can't do it. :-(

But I still think the Chick-fil-A comment came from a sibling survivor, not from a murdered victim.

~jmo~

I listened again twice tonight to the testimony of Sandy Phillips, and I'm not sure now whether it was Jordan to his mother, or instead a part of the VIS from AJ Boik's mom. I invite anyone to listen again to clarify. I just can't do it. :-(

But I still think the Chick-fil-A comment came from a sibling survivor, not from a murdered victim.

~jmo~

IIRC, the comment came from John Larimer.

IIRC, the comment came from John Larimer.
I know for sure it wasn't Sandy Phillips. It was a mother of a son. She said 'he told me not to eat at chik-fil-a'- so I didn't eat there. She gave reason why he told her not to eat there but I didn't catch it.

It was Mama Larimer talking about her son. He asked her not to go there because of their stance on homosexuality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep -- I don't go there, either, for the same reason.

Channel 7 host said the VIS average about 30 min. And defense objections were stated yesterday to be an average of 6, I think, per witness. So they are interrupting every 5 minutes!!!!
Nothing defense attorneys do isn't purposeful. This is a strategy. Like how they object so much during GB's opening & closing statements.
The other thing is that since they already made objections in the hearing to things said & photos the judge already ruled on- he overruled them-they shouldn't be objecting to those things during testimony!
They just want to break the testimony!
These families need to & have waited so long to tell their stories & should have, IMO have some respect. They already are so limited in what they can say.
Early morning rant over.

We're live! One of the jurors has a son who is graduating at Ft. Bragg, NC on Friday, the 7th. He has an airline ticket for Thursday, and hopes to be able to use it or possibly get a ticket for later on Thursday. The principals are now conferring on the schedule...

So did I -- she went there perhaps hoping to find her sister on a stretcher, or sitting up breathing oxygen, etc., but the people there said they had driver's licenses (maybe the bodies were still in the theater? or on the way to the morgue?), so there she is looking thru DL's and there she finds her sister's little picture. No hugs for either of them, no kiss, no pat on the head, nothing but a quickly-snapped pic of her sister taken by someone who didn't even know her. And she realizes what the DL means.

I don't think the DL ID was as dramatic as you describe....IIRC

We're live! One of the jurors has a son who is graduating at Ft. Bragg, NC on Friday, the 7th. He has an airline ticket for Thursday, and hopes to be able to use it or possibly get a ticket for later on Thursday. The principals are now conferring on the schedule...

Let me guess. Prosecution has no prob with the juror going BUT, the defense does. Whatever the issue, defense always goes again them. They, defense probably will ask to replace the juror! MOO

It was Mama Larimer talking about her son. He asked her not to go there because of their stance on homosexuality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks....I'll refrain from giving my opinion on this. Don't want to derail the thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd