Oscar Pistorius - Discussion Thread #62 ~ the appeal~

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think: without wiping the phone he certainly would have been convicted as a murderer, the evidence visible to everyone.

I think: without wiping the phone he certainly would have been convicted as a murderer, the evidence visible to everyone.
Yes. OP's brother went to a lot of trouble to get the phone wiped. Of course, between him wiping the phone, and Aimee removing Reeva's bag without permission, both siblings showed little respect for the crime scene or Reeva. I'd be interested to know if any OP supporters would be happy with that if their own sister/daughter/friend had been shot dead in suspicious circumstances, and then they found out the killer's brother and sister had been busy at the crime scene removing and/or tampering with evidence...

BIB But "our" sources of information are exactly the same as "yours". So logically that can't follow can it?

I see what you mean but look at the different attitudes to the articles. Posters routinely post articles and then say how awful OP is based on the unconfirmed information in those articles. Another approach is to say that you take these things as unconfirmed and to stick to what was said in court because both sides had the chance to contest what the other said.

In court cases, the media tend to emphasise the prosecution case because it's more interesting and the defence's 'no, I didn't do that' is not exactly exciting stuff. In court both sides are treated equally. This is another difference - if you get your information from the media and aren't cautious about why the media are reporting things as they are, you will get a pro-prosecution view imo.

Why? what was on it that would show he was a murderer?
Oh dear. Are you implying that Carl went to all that trouble to delete the contents and sync it with his own computer because there was nothing incriminating on it? You can find it all innocent if you like, but there comes a time when defending the indefensible gets tiresome. I trust if a loved one of yours get shot dead, you'll show the killer the same unwavering loyalty and support that you've shown OP, even when the killer's family remove evidence from the crime scene.

CNN`s approach was the total opposite of what you are claiming, to the point where I wondered if it was an editorial decision based on `hero tragically shoots love of his life in case of mistaken identity` making a better storyline than `jumpy jerk shoots first, asks questions later'.

As for outrage, yes it is outrageous what he did. Like all his supporters you appear to find his predicament the central tragedy of this story, not the woman with everything to live for dying on his toilet cubicle floor, all because of his exaggerated fears and his knee-jerk reactions.

Ah well, I don't watch CNN. If you say it was like that I can't disagree as I've not watched it. Then again, are you sure they didn't just report the case without taking sides, something that seems to result in accusations of pro-Pistorius bias.

I'm talking about the kind of manufactured outrage that finds everything he does shocking and disgraceful. I wasn't talking about the shooting, as you know very well if you read my post.

Oh dear. Are you implying that Carl went to all that trouble to delete the contents and sync it with his own computer because there was nothing incriminating on it? You can find it all innocent if you like, but there comes a time when defending the indefensible gets tiresome. I trust if a loved one of yours get shot dead, you'll show the killer the same unwavering loyalty and support that you've shown OP, even when the killer's family remove evidence from the crime scene.

IMO anyone who invests high emotion in this case is in the very worst position to cast judgement.

You can't have read my earlier post where I said the whole phone wiping thing was dubious then...?

BIB - And no matter how many lies OP has told, or how many times he has shown himself to be aggressive and manipulative - there are posters on here who will still say "Oh, he was upset" - or "But you don't know how you'd react in the same situation" - or "Poor love was distraught/depressed/stressed" - and simply come up with one excuse after another to justify his bad behaviour. Some people will never see him in a negative light, unless perhaps he shoots dead one of their loved ones.

Your post mis-characterises what other posters are saying. I think the attitudes of the two groups of posters would be better summed up as:

- those who take everything as proof of guilt and believe everything negative they read no matter what the provenance, it seems

- those who don't think the state made it's case and are cautious about jumping to conclusions about a person they don't know based on uncertain evidence contained in media reports

IMO anyone who invests high emotion in this case is in the very worst position to cast judgement.

Alot of folks invest high emotions in many cases in this forum. I think that is normal as we all want justice for the victims. Judgment is up to someone else IMO. But I also feel he killed this woman on purpose and knew exactly what he was doing. His money has always gotten him special favors and out of trouble just like a few other criminals we all know. I'm sure he will screw up again. JMO

Your post mis-characterises what other posters are saying. I think the attitudes of the two groups of posters would be better summed up as:

- those who take everything as proof of guilt and believe everything negative they read no matter what the provenance, it seems

- those who don't think the state made it's case and are cautious about jumping to conclusions about a person they don't know based on uncertain evidence contained in media reports

....a very simplistic and undeinably elitist post which clearly undermines the motives of posters......if not this site.....

BIB - I don't see either of those groups here.

I see one group who doesn't believe OP's ridiculously far-fetched fairytale (not helped by all his lies) and the other group desperately searching for any possible explanation to explain away the Grand Canyon sized holes in OP's version/versions.

As for me, I've never claimed to be impartial. I watched the entire trial and believe OP deliberately killed Reeva and got away with murder, no doubt helped by his brother and sister removing evidence from the crime scene.

BIB - I don't see either of those groups here.

I see one group who doesn't believe OP's ridiculously far-fetched fairytale (not helped by all his lies) and the other group desperately searching for any possible explanation to explain away the Grand Canyon sized holes in OP's version/versions.

As for me, I've never claimed to be impartial. I watched the entire trial and believe OP deliberately killed Reeva and got away with murder, no doubt helped by his brother and sister removing evidence from the crime scene.

In all honesty people who jack with crime scenes or evidence...Cindy Anthony comes to mind, should also have some charges brought against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah