SIDEBAR #52 - Travis Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bless your heart sweet Spell :heartbeat:
I can't imagine losing 5 loved ones in only 3 months! :frown:
I am extremely close to one of my cousins in particular, and her daughter. 33 years old is so young!!! Was she ill, or in an accident? You know you don't have to answer of course. I know it's not any of my business :smile: I am just nosey :blushing:

Sending you virtual (((HUGS))) strength and HOPE, that the rest of this lousy year will be kind to you ~

Thanks Dmacky. I was very close with this part of the family growing up. The young lady fought breast cancer for four years, but it spread quickly and she has had excruciating pain the last year. She leaves her 7 year old daughter to be raised by the father now. Little one will have a lot of loving support.

SPELLBOUND Don't know how I missed your post about your recent loss...I'm so sorry :( Prayers and good thoughts coming your way. ((((Spell))))

It's OK, and thank you coffee. Your posts have been a good "pick me up and make me laugh" through this.

Not sure how well I will do today. Yesterday the sciatica seemed gone, today I am hurting like the dickens again. :fumingmad:

See y'all later. enjoy your day .... even with yucky weather.

My Southern Neighbor (DMACKY): Are you getting all the rain and flood warnings that I am? It's been raining since early morning and saying will rain all day, night, into tomorrow with peeks of sun coming out at times...that means it's downright 'take-your-breath-weather' when you step out! Expecting 2-3 inches here and the ground is as full of water as she can hold! A tree fell over last night and fell on 2 cars with injuries :(

Hey Jodi!! you should try Indiana weather for a chill down your spine...I'll gladly donate you a nice warm hoodie. :hot:

cj ~
We had a horrible thunderstorm here last night. First of all our electricity went out. :mad: My next door neighbor's tree in their front yard was knocked down, another house in my neighborhood that sits kind of catty-cornered had a HUGE tree that was knocked down and it fell on their roof! Luckily it fell on the garage side, and they were NOT at home. I have wicker chairs on my front porch and one of the cushions was in my driveway and another one was in my rock garden. I dodged a bullet for sure!

It is not raining here today, and the sun is out... but it is coming again this afternoon.
I bolded what we are expecting here, so ~
cj ~ You win...hands down! Thank goodness :giggle:

Flash Flood - Watch from 8/5/2015 3:43:00 AM to 8/7/2015 2:00:00 AM

Flash Flood Watch issued August 05 at 3:43AM EDT until August 07 at 2:00AM EDT by NWS Louisville

Clark; Crawford; Dubois; Floyd; Harrison; Jefferson; Orange; Perry; Scott; Washington

...FLASH FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT FROM THIS AFTERNOON THROUGH EARLY

FRIDAY MORNING...

.A SLOW MOVING SYSTEM WITH PLENTY OF MOISTURE TO WORK WITH WILL

MOVE ACROSS THE OHIO RIVER VALLEY THIS AFTERNOON THROUGH EARLY

FRIDAY MORNING. PERIODIC ROUNDS OF HEAVY RAIN ARE EXPECTED DURING

THIS TIME WITH MANY SPOTS SEEING 1.5 TO 2 INCHES OF RAINFALL.

LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS ARE ALSO POSSIBLE AND COULD LEAD TO FLASH

FLOOD PROBLEMS.

...FLASH FLOOD WATCH NOW IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM EDT /NOON CDT/ THIS

AFTERNOON THROUGH LATE THURSDAY NIGHT...

THE FLASH FLOOD WATCH IS NOW IN EFFECT FOR

* PORTIONS OF SOUTH CENTRAL INDIANA AND CENTRAL KENTUCKY.

* FROM 1 PM EDT /NOON CDT/ THIS AFTERNOON THROUGH LATE THURSDAY

NIGHT

* A SLOW MOVING STORM SYSTEM IS EXPECTED TO PRODUCE 1.5 TO 2

INCHES OF RAIN WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS. THIS HEAVY RAIN

COMBINED WITH RECENT HEAVY RAINFALL IS EXPECTED TO PRODUCE

LOCALIZED FLASH FLOODING CONCERNS.

* URBAN AND LOW LYING AREAS WILL BE MOST PRONE TO FLASH FLOODING

CONCERNS...AS WELL AS LOCATIONS THAT HAVE PICKED UP THE MOST

RAINFALL IN RECENT WEEKS.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/to...we-city-38.255,-85.766?iso=US&day=1&ocid=iehp

Thanks Dmacky. I was very close with this part of the family growing up. The young lady fought breast cancer for four years, but it spread quickly and she has had excruciating pain the last year. She leaves her 7 year old daughter to be raised by the father now. Little one will have a lot of loving support.

It's OK, and thank you coffee. Your posts have been a good "pick me up and make me laugh" through this.

Not sure how well I will do today. Yesterday the sciatica seemed gone, today I am hurting like the dickens again. :fumingmad:

See y'all later. enjoy your day .... even with yucky weather.

Oh how very sad about your cousins daughter :cry: Bless her heart, it sounds as though she tried to fight it for as long as she could :frown: Give her little girl a hug from all your friends here :heartbeat:

OMG ~ I had completely forgotten you have been down with sciatica pain! I have a touch of it myself right now, but it is milder than yours. I KNOW how painful it is! I don't know how you will be able to go there and sit all day :frown:
I think I bring a lot of mine on myself, by the way I sit... I'm so short (5'2") and they make all the furniture these days so big!!! My feet won't touch the ground!

Jasper52 ~ Thank you sooo much for your thoughtful post. I really am going to reply, I just need to be able to do it when I'm not so emotional.
You are very kind :smile:

Where has YESorNO been theses days? I know Zuri was looking for her too!
YoN we miss you..I guess I'll have to do some of YOUR WORK today :giggle:
I can't do it as well as you do it, so you need to get your :butthead: back in here Ms. Lady

Sandra Lee, Cuomo's girlfriend, rushed to hospital: source
According to the source, Lee, 49, is suffering fluid buildup and “the plan is to monitor her for a couple of days.” She was sent to the hospital around 9:30 p.m.

Cuomo was attending the Billy Joel concert at Nassau Coliseum at the time and was said to be "en route."

Lee, 49, was diagnosed with early stage breast cancer in March and had a double mastectomy May 19. This is the latest complication in her recovery.

A spokeswoman for Cuomo could not be reached early Wednesday.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/sa...ushed-to-hospital-source/ar-BBlpp4N?ocid=iehp

Vet came out, he is incredulous! Zuri is doing fantastically, no heat, no swelling, no infection, no discharge. It's rare that a vet will gush about how well behaved and chilled out your horse can be, but that's all he could do, he is extremely proud of the work Zuri and I have done in the last 9 months and told me he going to look forward to watching her learn and grow.
Zuri got another shot of antibiotics in the series, and the hydrotherapy/flushing and re-bandaging twice a day will continue. Vet will touch base with me Thursday evening, Friday morning and he'll evaluate her status and we'll go from there.
Not quite out of the woods yet, kids, but it looks VERY promising!!!!! Positive thoughts!

On another note, the Salt River Wild horses:

http://www.kpho.com/story/29710551/...planned-removal-of-wild-horses?autostart=true

Conservationists protest planned removal of wild horses

8483355_G.jpg

A petition was started just 2 days ago, and the conservationists have gotten OVER 75,000 signatures, 75,000!!!!

8483360_G.jpg

The petition site has even gone down at times because of the number of people visiting and signing............it's just incredible!
Friday is the planned date to start the removal of the herd, but hopefully, cooler heads will prevail and Fish and Game will back off and allow the herd to be managed by the organization that monitors the horses and maintains safeguards for them.

The biggest problem has been the illegal dumping of domestic horses in the last 20 years. Many of those previous owned horses have brands, tattoos, micro chips, and the males gelded. Those animals have contributed to the lessening of fear in the wild horses of vehicles, roadways and humans....which is Game and Fish's main contention sparking their removal.
Domestics need to be removed for the safety of the wild herd............but auctioning off ALL the animals, and the unspoken destruction of the those that don't get homes, is NOT an option, the wild horses are a part of Arizona history.

If all else fails, a sanctuary in Prescott is willing to take what they can of the herd. I hope it doesn't come to that.

Watch the videos, if you can, that are linked to the story: these horses seem to be "snorkeling to get vegetation under the river, it's amazing!
I'll catch up later..........time to do Zuri's therapy and all that fun stuff! :seeya:

Jasper52 ~ Thank you sooo much for your thoughtful post. I really am going to reply, I just need to be able to do it when I'm not so emotional.
You are very kind :smile:

Dmacky, thank you, no response necessary. I feel your pain. (((hugs)))

Afternoon all! :wave:

I took my kittens down to get their shots, but it was like a 2 to 3 hours wait... :gaah: I will go back tomorrow morning EARLY, before they open at 10am, like maybe 9:30am. One guy there got there about a little after 10, and I got there at about 11:15am, and he was just getting to go in and give his name, and than he had to wait again. And also TOO many dogs sniffing my kitten box!!! Yikes!! They did NOT like that at all!

:hug: to all who need it!!!! :loveyou:

Okay... not much excitement going on here... Sure wish we could get some of your rain!! We DO need it! There was a fire (Lowell Fire) up the road from us - about 20 miles - not that far, but thankfully we didn't get any smoke down here! And a very large fire up by Clear Lake - already 165K acres burned!! We used to go up there for some concerts at Konacti - saw the "Who" there once, plus my friend has friends that live up there, where we stayed. I'm hoping they are okay??!!

Okay - off to see what's happening around WS! :pcguru:

Hopefully YESorNO will check in with us SOON!!!! Maybe we this storm, if she is getting it, knocked out her internet??!!

Later!! :seeya:

Coffee, you must've been reading the Cecil thread- I noticed you bumped Mark's thread for me.:tyou: A few posters on Cecil's thread are really ticking me off. They are attacking the rest of us with the attitude, if you care about Cecil's death you can't be outraged about other murders and crime.:mad:

Coffee, you must've been reading the Cecil thread- I noticed you bumped Mark's thread for me.:tyou: A few posters on Cecil's thread are really ticking me off. They are attacking the rest of us with the attitude, if you care about Cecil's death you can't be outraged about other murders and crime.:mad:

BBM

I've noticed that phenomenon too. Such weird thinking trying to be passed off as logical (???). Has no one on the interwebs heard of that apples & oranges thing?

I was and been reading up on Ilene's case this afternoon. I so wish they could find the Missing. It has too be a family's worst nightmare! Always wondering...Never knowing.

Oh how very sad about your cousins daughter :cry: Bless her heart, it sounds as though she tried to fight it for as long as she could :frown: Give her little girl a hug from all your friends here :heartbeat:

OMG ~ I had completely forgotten you have been down with sciatica pain! I have a touch of it myself right now, but it is milder than yours. I KNOW how painful it is! I don't know how you will be able to go there and sit all day :frown:
I think I bring a lot of mine on myself, by the way I sit... I'm so short (5'2") and they make all the furniture these days so big!!! My feet won't touch the ground!

What a long, sad day it has been, but I have to also say it was the most glorious send-off I have ever been at. So many of the friends got up and shared many of their times with Missie. Bless them all, it was very hard for them to do yet none would forego their turn to share. She sure touched many lives, and had a lot of love. What especially touched me was when it was almost the end of the service the minister presented a small white teddy bear to her daughter that would represent her shared times with Mom with a little note. He told her she could put it on a shelf, sleep with it, or bop her daddy when he needed a Mommy-reminder to be good.

Yeah, Dmacky, it sure was hard to sit that long, and I am really hurting now. I am also just under 5'2". and my feet rarely touch the floor so I tend to tuck them up on the furniture or use a footstool. We need a "Little People Store"!

I can add another tip to coffee's lemon uses. I have made a bazillion skin tags (do the suddenly come with old age?) by dabbing them with lemon juice a couple times a day. Works in a few weeks if the are small, takes longer if they are older or larger. If they get irritated, I just leave them alone a few days and begin the dab-routine again. I had one of these regs that always showed up as "something" on my mammograms (and a return for an ultrasound twice) .... and the lemon trick got rid of it. Last squish exam went like a charm without that glitch.

I was and been reading up on Ilene's case this afternoon. I so wish they could find the Missing. It has too be a family's worst nightmare! Always wondering...Never knowing.

Ilene lived two blocks away from me, but before I moved here. But I still see her parents around the neighborhood- walking her beagle or at the market, and I feel so bad for them. I wish I could do something to remove their pain. So publicizing her case is what I can do.

Well people I did a 'first' today. Nuked a fly! I was warming up a cup coffee and while it was running I noticed a fly was in the microwave flying around with my coffee, YUCK! Stopped it and the dang thing flew out LOL. wiped out the microwave and put a new cup coffee in...I'm good to go :)

Well people I did a 'first' today. Nuked a fly! I was warming up a cup coffee and while it was running I noticed a fly was in the microwave flying around with my coffee, YUCK! Stopped it and the dang thing flew out LOL. wiped out the microwave and put a new cup coffee in...I'm good to go :)
EWWW!! Sounds like something we wish Jodi Arias could have- flies in her coffee. Reminds me of the old joke- waiter what's that fly doing in my soup? Looks like the backstroke sir!

No, no, no ..... Thank you, neesaki, but I did not lose a furbaby, just lots of relatives. It was Dmacky who recently lost her furbabe.
(((Dmacky)))) :grouphug:

Yikes! I could have sworn I read that, posted in another posters post though, not yours.... :crazy: Oh well, I'm so sorry you lost your relatives, (((hugs))).
Egads, I'd better catch up on reading all the posts, lol. :seeya:

Woo hoo! Temps in Phoenix should see 112º today.

I expect our repentant dove to don a third sweatshirt to combat the sub-zero temps from the Frigidaire® swamp cooler in her veal cage.

images

By order of Arizona DOC, all painting activity in her cell will be suspended indefinitely until the ambient air temperature returns to normal and she thaws out. :(

Consequently, the six-page article on Jodi's tiny-house makeover will now be featured in the October 2015 issue of Better Prison Cells & Gardens. Stop the presses!

Better Prison Cells & Gardens!!! :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

ETA: Where is YorN ? Does anyone know? TIA

Spellbound, the last two weeks have been busy and my reading post have be a quick scroll and roll, and I know your FIl and your furbaby died, but haven't heard of any others of yours. I'm sorry you've suffered more grief.

coffee, my sister has always sworn by vicks. She also loves lucky tiger, and just plain ole petroleum jelly. To her they do wonders.

Hey, Spellbound, I'm not quite as crazy as I thought, here's where I read it! :giggle: Hi BendPages! :seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88