AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
do we think they are getting close? do we think that there are some really major things that they do know and cant share for now? I need to hear everyones thoughts im starting to get negative ideas that its just a no hope. when they started the door knock i was seeing updates and news articles everywhere then that faded wasnt hearing anything about the doorknocks or even if they have stopped then I had to really look thoroughly for any updates and found the news article about the police wanting public help on the labels and posted it here there minute I found it but that wasnt even all over the place just on the adelaide news website and i would have thought that's a very big deal, and I was actually the one that told one of the FB pages dedicated to the little girl that the police need the public's help they weren't even aware. im just feeling a little deflated about it can you guys make me see different whats your thoughts?

I think the past week or so of door knocks in the area would have accumulated in a heap of information to sift through, fingers crossed that's why things are quiet.

I think the past week or so of door knocks in the area would have accumulated in a heap of information to sift through, fingers crossed that's why things are quiet.

ok good thats what i needed to hear

I'm leaning towards .... no news is good news.

Totally agree they are most likely spending this week collating all the information they have received following the door knocks.

Truthfully I am even more confident that they will have a break in the case soon given the scenario they added on one of their recent news articles - It very much fits in with what I think has happened. Not sure which article it was to link - possibly at the end of the "help look for the tags" one... I'll have a look.

do we think they are getting close? do we think that there are some really major things that they do know and cant share for now? I need to hear everyones thoughts im starting to get negative ideas that its just a no hope. when they started the door knock i was seeing updates and news articles everywhere then that faded wasnt hearing anything about the doorknocks or even if they have stopped then I had to really look thoroughly for any updates and found the news article about the police wanting public help on the labels and posted it here there minute I found it but that wasnt even all over the place just on the adelaide news website and i would have thought that's a very big deal, and I was actually the one that told one of the FB pages dedicated to the little girl that the police need the public's help they weren't even aware. im just feeling a little deflated about it can you guys make me see different whats your thoughts?

When it goes quiet you can rest assured that the investigation hasn't slowed down at all. The police have been asking for the public's assistance in identifying labels etc. but there is much more going on behind the scenes. If the police aren't asking for public assistance on a daily basis, they don't need that assistance right now. They would have a lot of evidence to work with now and IMO this case will be solved and little Angel will be given back her rightful name.

I agree, bearbear. Police were able to tell us of the horrific death immediately - long before the post-mortem was carried out - while facts regarding everything else to do with this whole thing remain elusive until today. Sadly the violence must have been all too obvious. It certainly looks like there's blood there, I just hope they can get sufficient info from it and that they have something to work with regarding possible suspects in problem families or other people on their database to match it up with.I really feel that there is more and more to suggest that this was the girl's own collection of clothing, and not random items that were tossed in with her to pad things out. Too much of a coincidence that 50 plus items matched her age and sex. (There can't have been an enormous number of men's or women's items as they wouldn't have all fit in that small suitcase.)

If there were adult clothing items in the suitcase, might the killer have disposed of their own clothes that had blood or other evidence on them along with the girls?

And as to the 50 items fitting into the suitcase - a while back (last post?) it was speculated that drain cleaner/acid/somesuch might have been used in an attempt to dispose of the clothes and/or possibly the girl herself. Someone said that cotton was more susceptible to that sort of damage than man-made fibers? Also the police said many of the items were non-recognizable. If items had been exposed to some chemical to the point where there was little left besides the label, it would have been much easier to fit the remains inside the suitcase.

I hate to suggest this, but what if everything was initially inside a steel drum or other metal (plastic?) container with chemicals, but at some point they had to get rid of the drum and the remains were moved into the suitcase?

Just posting this rather obscure info here in case it might be of interest to someone else on a similar track....

I have also been looking at variants of "haolailu" and green pineapples lead me to the Philippines and the People's Park in the Sky where they have a large green pineapple. The also have heaps and heaps of knock-off clothing shops there, so I wondered if the significance of the label is as a souvenir items.

I have looked at dozens of Dora tops made in the Philippines but found nothing with a similar label.

Now ok, I know this is getting silly, but if I put the letters backwards as "uli aloah" and use Google Translate to change from Filipino to English is comes up with "aloah again".

Anyway....

Just posting this rather obscure info here in case it might be of interest to someone else on a similar track....

I have also been looking at variants of "haolailu" and green pineapples lead me to the Philippines and the People's Park in the Sky where they have a large green pineapple. The also have heaps and heaps of knock-off clothing shops there, so I wondered if the significance of the label is as a souvenir items.

I have looked at dozens of Dora tops made in the Philippines but found nothing with a similar label.

Now ok, I know this is getting silly, but if I put the letters backwards as "uli aloah" and use Google Translate to change from Filipino to English is comes up with "aloah again".

Anyway....

Maybe, the mother is a petit XS-size Filipino woman with a Caucasian husband and therefore a child with fair hair color?
These poor women who are searching a husband to survive easier, they often get the "scrap" nobody other wants to marry.

Maybe, the mother is a petit XS-size Filipino woman with a Caucasian husband and therefore a child with fair hair color?
These poor woman who are searching a husband to survive easier, they often get the "scrap" nobody other wants to marry.

I was just thinking along the same lines as you, NZ here but lots of older guys, lol usually ones that couldn't cope with a kiwi wife, get a Phillipine wife about 30 years younger, who often have a child or two.
It very often doesn't end well here

It's odd how my otherwise fruitless searches keep taking me back to the Philippines.
I may not be finding anything useful to the case, but I'm learning a lot about that country :)
Adoption agencies thee keep coming up oo, but producing nothing of interest.

I do have a person of interest and stated that before ... I think there is a need to ascertain if there was any construction going on within the town of Wynarka around the time the suitcase man was seen - or even upcoming works.

Things like a house extension, putting up a new project such as a carport or even a garage perhaps?

There was a catalyst for these remains being moved.

I personally don't feel that he wanted the suitcase found, rather he was just flustered at knowing exactly what to do with it. He purposely didn't engage with the two woman. He's walked to the almost invisible boundary - geographically the area where he dumped the suitcase the topography of the area changes, he would have hit the end of his comfort zone. From all reports I think the suitcase was actually placed about 11 metres off the road hidden in bushes/trees

I'm thinking this is more like the caylee Anthony dump ... the remains were kept/clothing - someone did care and had a deep attachment to the child, that is why they haven't disposed of "Evidence"..as it's their child ...they have kept their child close.

To do such works (legally) you need to submit a DA (development application) to the local Council and get it approved first.

Most Councils publish basic details of these (DAs) on their websites. - it it a legislative requirement I think. They (Councils) then let interested people (e.g. neighbours etc) go into the Council and view the documents of any development application they like for free as a public service.

Wynarka seems to be part of a small Council called 'The District Council of Karoonda East Murray' which I haven't heard of before however they do publish basic DA info at http://www.dckem.sa.gov.au/page.aspx?u=187

Specifically http://www.dckem.sa.gov.au/webdata/resources/files/internet register 2015.pdf (2015) and http://www.dckem.sa.gov.au/webdata/resources/files/internet register 2014.pdf (2014).

Being such a small Council there is not many applications at all, and few of them are actually in Wynarka. What these tables may not show is if someone have put in an application and it hasn't been approved yet - there seems to be some entries that suggest as soon as an application is lodged the Council updates this register (prior to the DA actually being approved) although I wouldn't assume it to be comprehensive for DAs until after the DA has infact been approved.

The tables do show where (e..g Wynarka, Karoonda, somewhere else) work was proposed, what work (e.g. carport, new house etc) and who the applicant was (i.e. generally the owner) for each DA.

What I also found of interest while looking at the Council website was under the menu District Information => Centenary 2011 there is a link to a page called "Centenary Quilt" (http://www.dckem.sa.gov.au/page.aspx?u=284) about a quilt presumably made in or around 2011 (to mark the Councils 100 year event?). Details quoted below.

A group of local residents participated in the design and construction of the Karoonda East Murray Centenary Quilt, measuring 2.4m x 1.25m.

A Textile Artist was appointed as the Project Supervisor and Instructor. This was a Community Project initiated by the Karoonda Quilters Group. The Quilt depicting the 100 Year Journey of Karoonda East Murray District; 1911 – 2011, was unveiled by Dorothy Blacket at the Karoonda East Murray Centenary Celebrations on 30 September 2011. This project was funded by Department for Families and Communities, Office for the Ageing “Positive Ageing Development Grants 2009/10” and supported by the District Council of Karoonda East Murray.

The project began on 19th May 2010 with regular fortnightly working days until 30th June 2011, followed by weekly meetings during July and August 2011. During September 2011 various individuals met in small groups twice weekly to effectively work on the quilt until completion and unveiling on Friday 30th September 2011. In all, this project has taken in excess of 3820 hours of volunteer work by senior residents in the Karoonda district.

While the quilt is nothing like the one linked to in the media I find it interesting there is a quilting group active within the local community (Karoonda is 10 minutes from Wynarka according to Google) - if the quilt found in the suitcase was made local then this groups members perhaps know details about it (or even made it).

While the quilt shown on the Council website is more intricate I was surpised it took over 3000 hours to make, how long do people think it would have taken someone to make the quilt found in the suitcase?

I hate to suggest this, but what if everything was initially inside a steel drum or other metal (plastic?) container with chemicals, but at some point they had to get rid of the drum and the remains were moved into the suitcase?

Not sure if you are aware or not although there is a very famous case (colloquially known as the 'bodies in the barrels' or 'snowtown murders') around 15 years ago in a town 3 hours north of Wynarka in South Australia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowtown_murders

While that case would obviously not be linked in any way, certainly no one in SA would be unaware of this case and the method of how the remains were stored...

While the quilt is nothing like the one linked to in the media I find it interesting there is a quilting group active within the local community (Karoonda is 10 minutes from Wynarka according to Google) - if the quilt found in the suitcase was made local then this groups members perhaps know details about it (or even made it).

While the quilt shown on the Council website is more intricate I was surpised it took over 3000 hours to make, how long do people think it would have taken someone to make the quilt found in the suitcase?

It would take a morning to select the fabrics, and run to the store for a little bit of whatever you don't have enough of.

It would take an afternoon to make a pattern template, cut out the octagans and the rest of the pieces, lay out the octagons in a pleasing pattern, assemble the thread and batting, and get the sewing machine and iron set up.

It could be sewn, bound and machine quilted in an evening.

Could someone please tell me, do seamstresses in Australia work in metric measurements, or inches, or a combination? Do you make 5" blocks, or the equivalent in metric? If you are using a pattern that is in inches, do you convert it to cms, or go ahead with inches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998