ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkf

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm sure it's been posted a million times before, but does anyone have a map with the coordinates of where they were camping handy? I want to calculate how far it is from the ranger station.

Deorr Kunz Jr.
Deorr-Kunz-Jr-jpg.jpg

Missing two year old in Lemhi County
Search crews are looking for a missing two year old boy who was camping with his family in the Leadore area.

Family members say Deorr Kunz Jr. was camping yesterday afternoon at the Timber Creek Campground at Stone Reservoir when he was reported missing.

He was last seen wearing a camo jacket, blue sweatpants and camo cowboy boots.

There is no official word from yet from The Lemhi County Sheriff's Office or Salmon Search & Rescue of organized searches for the weekend. We'll update search information as it's released.
http://m.localnews8.com/news/Missing-two-year-old-in-Lemhi-County/34110688

Chief deputy on missing boy's family: 'They're solid
KTVB, KTVB.COM 2:14 p.m. MDT July 16, 2015

[...]
"We've interviewed the family, and the information they've provided us - my office, myself - we're good with that," he said. "And I know there's a lot of innuendo out on social media and a lot of stuff going out there and it would be nice if it would stop and let them have a little peace. They're solid."
NamUs MP 29726

ID - Deorr Kunz Jr, 2 yr old -- Media,Timelines and Maps **NO DISCUSSION"

Thread #1
Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6

I think some are a bit confused about the FBI involvement. I am not privy to the details of this case in any way. But I can tell you, it is not like they called in the Calvary and have 200 (or even 1) agents questioning, collecting evidence, and setting up camp in town until the case is solved. Just saying.

I wonder if Ranger Street is a private road. If I try to bring it up on Google it gives me a map to the other address for the Leadore Ranger District (176 Railroad).

I think some are a bit confused about the FBI involvement. I am not privy to the details of this case in any way. But I can tell you, it is not like they called in the Calvary and have 200 (or even 1) agents questioning, collecting evidence, and setting up camp in town until the case is solved. Just saying.

Do you think they probably only sent a few guys out for a few days?

I wonder if Ranger Street is a private road. If I try to bring it up on Google it gives me a map to the other address for the Leadore Ranger District (176 Railroad).

No, that's the right address. It's the Ranger Station.

Calling in the FBI can mean 1 or 2 people.. they have the resources of their databases etc behind them but you can be sure there arent 20 pairs of boots on the ground there.. just a couple of agents to review, suggest, re-interview do computer checks etc. They may be gone by now..2 SOR people in the town.. if they havent been checked they should be.. <modsnip>? <modsnip> besides, IF YOU BELIEVE THE SHERIFF, he doesnt think it was an abduction.. do kidnapping and abduction have the same meaning in sheriff-speak? jmo

Calling in the FBI can mean 1 or 2 people.. they have the resources of their databases etc behind them but you can be sure there arent 20 pairs of boots on the ground there.. just a couple of agents to review, suggest, re-interview <modsnip> besides, IF YOU BELIEVE THE SHERIFF, he doesnt think it was an abduction.. do kidnapping and abduction have the same meaning in sheriff-speak? jmo

Deggy, maybe. But the system allows them to scan or not. So you could definitely prove he was there if he scanned, but you couldn't prove he *wasn't* if he didn't scan. Still, if he scanned everywhere else that day and didn't scan at that particular site, that'd be a red flag either way.

** I do not know if this campsite uses anything of the sort. I am speaking hypothetically. IF they do use the Deggy system, it'd offer more information and allow them to track movements without needing to rely on cell phones, which don't seem to work well in the area.

http://www.deggy.com/howitworks.html

We've learned that most dogs will stop when they smell a mountain lion. Apparently some extremely trained dogs will not.
either way note this link:
http://store.kishelscents.com/products/urines/mountain-lion-urine
{WARNING: This Product is sold for maximum animal attraction purposes only. Not to be used or purchased as any type of repellant and / or as an animal deterrent.}
Of course some use these scents to train dogs to track/hunt mountain lions.
Just more interesting stuff.
jmho

On a Google search I put in "Ranger Station Fire Tower Leadore".

This site that says they rent out 2 old ranger stations and a look-out fire tower (Mid June - Mid October) in the Leadore area as seasonal cabins. The Yellowjacket is $20 a night.

I'm not sure how far this was from where DeOrr went missing, but was wondering if the RSO could have been renting one of these cabins? On Google, the address for the cabins shows the same as the Ranger Station.

Cabins:
The Salmon-Challis National Forest has 2 cabins and one lookout ready to rent. Reservations can be made through www.recreation.gov. Whether it is winter, summer, or fall, you can experience an historic Forest Service cabin or fire lookout. Once operated as fully staffed lookouts or remote ranger stations, these rentals provide an opportunity to live the life of a ranger or fire lookout.
Check with the Districts and log into www.recreation.gov to make reservations for group campgrounds and rental cabins.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/activity/scnf/recreation/camping-cabins/?recid=76008&actid=101

The RSO is compliant.. he is listed as an offender and registered with the town. IF he is renting a cabin or lookout LE knows he is there. Not all RSO are pedophiles..That being said, the Lemhi county sheriff's office has 2 phone lines.. how much manpower do you think they have? How much experience with this stuff do you think they have? One link shows a sheriff saying their financial resources have been stretched.. I think LE did what they could.. called in the FBI to look it all over.. and have moved on. They very well might have a suspect in mind.. not enough to arrest anyone or even name them..Unless they can put a tracking device on a suspect's vehicle, trying to "follow" someone in a town of 100 where everyone knows everyone, would arouse immediate suspicion. Remember, family etc has said they saw no one and heard no one..I would expect that would include ANYONE. ( I am not thinking there was a mock forest ranger there.. just a renter of a cabin who is a RSO) . Creepy yes..but if this person is responsible, that baby is long gone.. they can suspect him forever and not find the baby...and LE said they are convinced it wasnt an abduction but cannot 100% rule out foul play..IMO they are clueless.. they do not have a viable theory. The FBI cleans up, shakes everyone's hands and says nice job..and another cold case is born.

Or it could be that she's heard lots of customers complain about it.

She definitely sounded like she was speaking of first-hand experience to me. In and of itself it is rather insignificant, but given the cremains and her being a RSO... who knows.... kind of odd to me....

Regarding RSOs, some are innocent and plead-out to avoid a trial. An extremely unwise decision in my opinion but it has been done. Most of us would fight tooth and nail if we were innocent.

Perhaps if you are RSO and you are planning to go on an extended summer campout in the wilderness, you have to register with the local ranger station and use their address for your registry entry.

If the family was in town to get supplies, someone could have seen them, heard they were camping up at Stone Reservoir and followed them back up there. A short time later, parents leave DeOrr at the campsite with grandpa and there is an opportunity for an abduction.

Some RSO's are "innocent" especially in child-custody cases. That's true.But the majority are not. I don't mind saying I cut zero slack for any RSO. I don't know their story. If I did it would be different, IF I believed the story.
Right now I'm just in awe that the female one in Leadore was just interviewed. Why would she do that knowing she has a public record as a RSO?
Hinkey hinkey hinkey.
jmho

I'm sure this was brought up before, maybe on the first few threads, but I can't recall at this moment. How far is the Kunz's home from the campground?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam