AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
do we think they are getting close? do we think that there are some really major things that they do know and cant share for now? I need to hear everyones thoughts im starting to get negative ideas that its just a no hope. when they started the door knock i was seeing updates and news articles everywhere then that faded wasnt hearing anything about the doorknocks or even if they have stopped then I had to really look thoroughly for any updates and found the news article about the police wanting public help on the labels and posted it here there minute I found it but that wasnt even all over the place just on the adelaide news website and i would have thought that's a very big deal, and I was actually the one that told one of the FB pages dedicated to the little girl that the police need the public's help they weren't even aware. im just feeling a little deflated about it can you guys make me see different whats your thoughts?

My husband's best friend is a police detective. He said that they would do neighbourhood blitzes when they were onto someone and wanted to make some kind of precursory, door-sniff, threshold examination of a property w/o alerting anyone, and without enough evidence for a warrant.

Keep up your hopes. The DNA probably isn't back yet, but I feel confident that there will be major clues still to come. (And it wouldn't hurt to tuck in a prayer. God sees the little sparrow fall ...)

did you watch this?
i found the whole thing creepy and weird and almost surreal

I did watch it, I felt it was aimed at someone who knows what happened. It did have a strange feel about it didn't it. And I agree it was interesting to see the shots of the town/highway etc and the locals, who all seem a bit spooked by it all, as to be expected. The poor dear lady from the Karoonda quilting shop, she really seems affected by it, I bet she's been busily trying to identify those quilt patches.

Eta- I want to watch it again using your link but I've already been in trouble this month for chewing through our stingey downloads :facepalm:

Natalia identified the camel fabric in the quilt and posted a picture at post 296, thread #3, but there is no link, so I don't know if it's a quilt she made, or a photo that she googled. It would be helpful to know the name of the fabric, manufacturer and date of production, but I can't find the source of the picture and can't find another picture online.

Natalia, are you still here?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ered-July-15-3/page20&p=11977328#post11977328

Natalia identified the camel fabric in the quilt and posted a picture at post 296, thread #3, but there is no link, so I don't know if it's a quilt she made, or a photo that she googled. It would be helpful to know the name of the fabric, manufacturer and date of production, but I can't find the source of the picture and can't find another picture online.

Natalia, are you still here?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ered-July-15-3/page20&p=11977328#post11977328

Nataliah did add the link a few posts down, on the next page :) here it is:
http://www.quiltsbyladyzoe.com/store-products-QBLZ0064-Egyptian-Camel-Quilt_1097943368.html
And I found this link:
http://www.quiltsbyladyzoe.com/store-products-QBLZP16-_1097688228.html

I wonder if along with the blood on the clothes, the murder weapon was also in the case. Maybe a knife, maybe the bones show signs of knife wounds. For the Police to use the word 'deliberate', I'm thinking they could possibly have some type of evidence.

Just thought I should mention that the roads would have been very busy at the end of March. As the Karoonda Farm Fair was on the 27th & 28th of March.

The Karoonda Farm Fair is an annual 2-day event showcasing local, state and interstate farming and general interest products, services and events. Based at Karoonda in the heart of the Murraylands region, the field day is centrally located and enjoys a broad visitor base from throughout South Australia, as well as interstate.

With over 350 exhibitors each year, the field day attracts crowds of around 10 – 12,000 over the two days. The Farm Fair focuses on primary production and associated industries.
http://www.farmfair.com.au

https://m.facebook.com/pages/Karoonda-Farm-Fair/189866461088198?ref=hl

I really think you should pass on the link of the seller to crimestoppers south Australia ...

mrsward .... can you confirm if you pass on the details to crimmestopper ... I think its the same label for sure.

Just emailed them, thank you

In regards to discussion about centrelink and payments.

Not everyone was entitled to centrelink payments when they had a child.
Not everyone claims centrelink payments (mainly family tax benefits), when they have a child in their care.
Not everyone immunises their child.

Yup. Not everyone even registers a child's birth. If you're living off the grid and are not involved with receiving Centrelink payments then it would be possible to hide the existence of a child simply by not registering them, not seeking payments for them, giving birth at home and avoiding the system generally. I would imagine there are a few people in remote Australia who live such a lifestyle. I know some adults who do, not far from where my parents live. I can imagine them being able to "hide" a child in such a way if they wanted to (afaik they're all retirement age though and not reproducing, they're mostly single men).

Yup. Not everyone even registers a child's birth. If you're living off the grid and are not involved with receiving Centrelink payments then it would be possible to hide the existence of a child simply by not registering them, not seeking payments for them, giving birth at home and avoiding the system generally. I would imagine there are a few people in remote Australia who live such a lifestyle. I know some adults who do, not far from where my parents live. I can imagine them being able to "hide" a child in such a way if they wanted to (afaik they're all retirement age though and not reproducing, they're mostly single men).

Yes you've only got to look at the " Colt" family with all their children and all those years they virtually managed to live off grid, to see how easy it would be for a couple/ person who only had one child.

It was a very nicely-done documentary. Thanks for the links.

One thing the presenter mentioned was the fact that the suitcase was left between the road and the railway line. Just no way the person who put it there could have thought that they were hiding it. Interesting that the locals interviewed also thought it strange that the suitcase had been put somewhere which to them was a very public place. I know I'm beginning to sound like a broken record here but I'm reasonably convinced that this place was chosen for its exposure.

Hi all
I joined to post in this thread, but I may stick around for a while. It looks like a great place to be a part of.
Anyway, reason why I am posting. I used to buy and sell clothing on ebay, many moons ago. From 2003 to around 2005 or so. I also have 4 kids of my own, the youngest is 11 and the oldest is 24.

Anyway, this left me with a lot of clothes for whatever reason I could not sell. I would buy pieces from op shops, (before they went all up market) and resell them. I would also buy clothes from smaller backyard manufacturers and wholesalers etc.

I used to be a bit of a hoarder, and wouldn&#8217;t throw something out because I may need it one day. <cough> So I would store clothing in boxes, vacuum bags, plastic crates...and suitcases. I had around 4 cases of clothing at one stage.

So I have also moved house a lot. Consequently this would involve lugging all my crap with me. I recall a move where my ex had helped, and unbeknown to me had put all my clothing into a corner of the shed where the weather got to it. We also had a neighbour with cats, and after a year or so in the house, we moved again. All the clothing in the suitcases were ruined. They had significant water damage, and smelt like cat pee. It was gross.

The reason this Wynarka case struck a chord with me, apart from the fact that I am a mum myself, was because when I saw that suitcase with the contents it could very well have been one of mine. More shockingly, there were a few items that were the same as ones I have had. The fake Dora PJ top, the Holden shorts, the blue boxer shorts, the jacket, and the butterfly slipper. To make sure I wasn't imagining it, I asked my kids if they recognised any of it. My 17 yr old did for some of them.

Now I know there is no way it would be any of my gear, as I threw all that stuff out at the dump in general rubbish a long time ago, and I did not recognise any of the other stuff, but I was freaked out nevertheless.

I decided to post here because there has been a lot of conjecture about how many items of clothing fit into a suitcase, and the reply is "a lot." Even a small one the same size as the Wynarka one. Also there has been a lot of speculation about the origin of the clothing, and why there would be a mix of clothing.

I don't believe the one she was found in was this little girls suitcase, I believe it was an opportunistic grab to hide her. I think the quilt and the tutu may hold the key, the tutu more so than the quilt. The reason I say this is they know there were only 28 of them sold. Maybe they can track down some, if not all, of them. However, the quilt, though distinctive, may not ever come to the attention of the person who made it. Even though it would be easily recognised, as can be seen by the quilters dedication on here already in matching up pieces of it. What awesome work. But what if the lady who made it isn't on the internet? Likely. Or doesn't watch TV? Less likely. Or isn't watching the night it has been shown, or doesn't watch the news. Many people don't. Or they may be older with poor eyesight, or senile, or even deceased. So that's what i think about the quilt. But you never know, someone may recognise it. I read through every last post so far, and the idea of recreating the quilt was a very good one. It may be too degraded to get it all though, but something tangible like that would be much more useful in jogging someones memory.

As for the origins of the clothing, I have been trying to remember where I got it all.
The Dora PJ's I had, I recall buying from a closed door sale. I bought around 4 pair, along with some other licensed products like sheets sets etc - also counterfeit. One quilt cover I purchased had a hole about 20 cm (8inches) wide to put a double bed quilt into! Anyway, I listed them (but not the quilt cover) and had a person email me to tell me they were counterfeit. I didn't know at the time, but they said they were missing the "the" and the colours were all wrong. They also pointed out the eyes looking like Japanese eyes. So I withdrew them and chucked them into storage. Hence why I remember them so well.

The Holden boxers - I had bought a pair for my son, but they were too small for him, so he never wore them. I think the ones I had were a size 8 or 10. I don't think I ever listed them on ebay, but I bought them from an end of season sale at either K-Mart or Target.

The blue boxers with the brown bears. Not sure where I got mine from. They were either a hand me down, as I had quite a few cousins, sister etc who would pass on their clothes to me, or I bought them in a bulk lot. I was also selling a line of clothing for a backyard manufacturer that went out of business, and I recall having a lot of boxer shorts in amongst those items. I can't remember specifically where I got them, only that I had more than one pair, in different sizes.

The butterfly slippers I had were a hand me down - exactly the same as the one at Wynarka. Zips up either side, and a hard sole which was perfect when my daughter was a toddler, as she could walk outside without the bottoms of them getting grotty. They were purchased from K-Mart. Pale pink with a purple butterfly lined with silvery sparkly stuff.

The jacket - I am reasonably confident it was the same as the one in the pic. Mine was a pale dusty pink colour, with stitching over it in patterns. It was lined with lambswool, and I am reasonably sure I also got it from K-Mart at an end of season sale. My youngest was born in 2003, and I recall packing it away for when it would fit her. Unfortunately, due to me forgetting, by the time I remembered it, it was too small for her.

Now all of my ruined stuff was in a large light blue suitcase, much larger than the Wynarka suitcase. And it was trashed when I discovered it. A lot of water damage over time that had left a lot of black mold, and the smell of cat pee was awful. The smell had permeated all parts of it, and stunk to high heaven. The suitcase had also faded considerably.

But because I had so much stuff, I could easily fit 50 into a smaller case. Especially if they were satin, or lightweight material. I can also recall selling MissX with that tag, and all the pieces I bought were from op shops. A lot of the ones I had were things like tank tops, short skirts etc. None of which would ever fit me, being of the larger varierty as I am :) I sold these as they moved fast on ebay at the time, and they were lightweight for posting.

I also recognized the Sally tag, though not sure of it. I think mine was on a pink machine knitted jumper with a flower appliqué on the front. Not real sure though, but this rings a bell.

The only other tag I recognised was the H.F with the kangaroo. I don't recall anything with those letters per se, but the kangaroo used on that logo is a very common Chinese knock off symbol. I don't think they still make clothing with this kangaroo on it, but for a while there was a lot of Chinese knock offs flooding the markets etc, and they had exactly this kangaroo. I studied a lot of knock offs, as I didn&#8217;t want to buy any more.

So there is my bit to add. In light of this, I think maybe the perp had been interrupted for whatever reason..illness, moving, death in the family etc. They may have lived in the area. They have seen a suitcase with a bunch of clothing in it, or already had it. If I had suitcases of differing clothing lying around, I am sure I would not be the only one. So maybe someone in the family used to sell clothing much like I did, or raid op shops (there are a lot of these sort s of suitcases handed in at op shops) or maybe they just snatched the suitcase from an op shop drop, or a rubbish pile.

I was thinking for a while maybe the suitcase was stolen from it&#8217;s resting place, which the perp had kept, and suitcase man is the perp. He knew it had been stolen and had been dumped, so was walking looking for it with a bigger case to put it into when he found it. That&#8217;s the only way I can think of to tie in suitcase man, but more likely he had nothing to do with it. Occam&#8217;s razor.

Sorry for the long post, especially for my first post here, but maybe it might help people track down any of the other bits and pieces of clothing. I don't think it will help though, as it seems to be a lot of cheap stuff that is, or was, freely available, at least in SA.

I do hope they find the evil creep/s that did this, as it would be simply awful to think it may not be solved, and a poor innocent little girl has been so carelessly discarded like rubbish. It breaks your heart.

Sorry again for the scroller folks.

It was a very nicely-done documentary. Thanks for the links.

One thing the presenter mentioned was the fact that the suitcase was left between the road and the railway line. Just no way the person who put it there could have thought that they were hiding it. Interesting that the locals interviewed also thought it strange that the suitcase had been put somewhere which to them was a very public place. I know I'm beginning to sound like a broken record here but I'm reasonably convinced that this place was chosen for its exposure.

I've always maintained it wasn't the persons intention for it to be found ... well least not consciously. They have walked it far enough out of the town and made some attempt at hiding it - Not a very good attempt admittedly.... but an attempt at least. If their intention was for it to be found, why not abandon it in the main street or leave it directly on the roadside?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23