ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes me wonder what in 'ell is up with the boots. We keep hearing about them, but to what purpose? Is it to keep us believing they would have fallen off, kept him from wandering? What is the point? Why put boots like that on the child in the first place. The boots have a certain smell for me, and it ain't leather.

My opinion only

Well, as long as the boots aren't found and since they were "too big" they should have been (in all other scenarios), it brings abduction closer to the forefront, IMO.

LE has not taken tips of sightings seriously since day 1...they ruled out an abduction right away, remember. There has been hundreds of tips phoned in, and they are not being taken seriously...no one is following up. People have complained on the Lemhi County Sheriff's page asking why they didn't follow up on leads they had phoned in 2 weeks prior.
I've said from the beginning, the phone numbers the family has on their posters are useless. The unbelieving Sheriff's office tip line...is useless. They needed another phone number with a direct link to the parents. This one is it and I'm thrilled Mr. Vilt set one up. They should be able to get somewhere now. JMO

and what do you think the PI is doing with the tips? He is calling Hong Kong or Oklahoma LE or calling Lemhi county and forwarding the tips.. He is not jumping on a plane to follow up and I am sure neither is the family..All of this costs a lot of money.. money, it would appear, no one has..Parents live with grandparent of Deorr..Lemhi county already said their financial resources are stretched..

This PI is more like public relations with some LE experience, imo. (modsnip)

The shady SAR guy probably contacted Jessica and Deorr, offered his services (embellishing how great he is).....the parents said okay or we'll think about it (thinking he was volunteering his services like all the other SAR people they have worked with so far probably have), then the guy brought up money.

I have a feeling that is the last we will hear of this joker working on the case.

Well, as long as the boots aren't found and since they were "too big" they should have been (in all other scenarios), it brings abduction closer to the forefront, IMO.

OR they were never on his feet, OR they were planted elsewhere and even all the modern tech and SAR didn't find them.

I do, however, keep an open mind about abduction and the cougar. No tunnel vision here, been down that road too many times - and the road where I believe anything I hear, even from LE, and not much of what I see. I'm finding cases that seem a slam dunk, really aren't. Sometimes things are so convoluted only the mind of the perp can tell you what it means, and even then it doesn't always make sense to the rest of us.

My opinion only

The shady SAR guy probably contacted Jessica and Deorr, offered his services (embellishing how great he is).....the parents said okay or we'll think about it (thinking he was volunteering his services like all the other SAR people they have worked with so far probably have), then the guy brought up money.

I have a feeling that is the last we will hear of this joker working on the case.

My thoughts exactly...

Well, Harry did claim he and his dog did hit on the newly-poured cement that covered Ashley and Miranda, friends of his daughter, who disappeared in the same general area - which is more than LE or SAR came up with. In fact LE just about gave Ward Weaver a free pass. I've studied this case before and believe me, I thought there were some BIG bloopers by LE & Co.

While Harry doesn't sound like the salt of the earth, SAR and LE have come up with nothing. Give him a chance, I say, but let him do it for pro bono or simple expenses. He wants to make a name, find a child, let him put up or shut up.

My opinion only

Thanks. It was a very sad case and not too far from me. I will wait and see what happens..

The boots could be very important, IMO. If they were on when he was supposedly being watched by the ggp (would love to know for sure), they'd have to be in the vicinity if he wandered off or was taken by an animal. Plus, if he was taken by an animal, wouldn't he have screamed? How far away was the ggp? He stated "four minute window" when nobody was watching him - where exactly was he if he wasn't at the campsite? Wasn't DeOrr supposed to be napping? Where was ggp??
If he was napping why would he have the boots on. I guess I'm unclear on what, exactly, was going on when the parents went exploring. Ggp thought DeOrr was with the parents - did they not say like "Hey, pops, we're walking away for a while please watch DeOrr?" Maybe I'm a helicopter parent, but I never ever let my kids out of my sight until I have verbal confirmation that Dad or Grandma is watching. Maybe ggp isn't of sound mind? Do we know that?

UGH THIS CASE IS MAKING ME CRAZY

That poor sweet baby boy. I just want to hug him.

I haven't seen anything about TES; have they been involved?

This is a difficult case because you have a non related person along on this trip. Its hard to believe he would lie about Deorr being there. Also, this person wouldn't have had time to do anything and get rid of a body. jmo. Yet, kidnapping is a hard one to believe too due to the timeline and grown adults present in the middle of the day in a remote area. So that leaves wild animal. Maybe they didnt search out far enough or as we know, sometimes an area has been searched more than once without a body being discovered right away. jmo

This is a difficult case because you have a non related person along on this trip. Its hard to believe he would lie about Deorr being there. Also, this person wouldn't have had time to do anything and get rid of a body. jmo. Yet, kidnapping is a hard one to believe too due to the timeline and grown adults present in the middle of the day in a remote area. So that leaves wild animal. Maybe they didnt search out far enough or as we know, sometimes an area has been searched more than once without a body being discovered right away. jmo

I hate to say it, but my gut agrees with you. In my heart I feel that he's there, they just haven't found him. I believe I read that dogs had alerted at or near the retention pond more than once. I tend to believe dogs more than humans. (unless that's where the cremains were spread??)
I just can't see where there was a real opportunity for a random abduction.

I only know that Harry Oakes did tell LE to check the NEW cement behind the home of Ward Weaver who killed Ashley Pond and Miranda Gaddis, his daughter's friends. These girls disappeared in the vicinity of Weaver's home. LE poo poohed him. It wasn't until Weaver's daughter-in-law was found running down the road naked, away from the rape attempt of Weaver, that LE looked up and took notice.

That said, I know nothing bad about Harry except what SAR and some LE say. I believe there is a bit of competitive jealousy going on there. Let Harry work this case pro bono - can he do any worse than the nothing SAR, LE, and the latest technology DK,sr lauded came up with? If Harry wants to make a name for himself, let him, but let him do it for free.

C'mon, Harry, put up or shut up, this is your chance.
My opinion only

Why would anybody take a two year old little boy camping in boots that are too big?

I can see clomping around the house with them but on a camping trip? No way.

"Let Harry work this case pro bono"

Look at his Facebook and you will see he is very clear about his charges, he does not work for free. He has been in contact with multiple sources already trying to sell his services in this case.

right there with you desertblue...

IMO I'm discounting anything the PI or a new SAR team come in with, regardless of how they were hired nor by whom. the PI is already biased as he has a prior relationship with the family (http://www.localnews8.com/news/private-detective-joins-search-for-missing-toddler/34678944) and tells us they were buying French fries when the family said candy and tampons. K9's won't be very effective at this point as the 'scene' is beyond contaminated after one month and thousands of boots & paws on the ground.

which leaves us back at square (camp) one. when exactly did the family arrive at timber creek and did cameras on 93 or the stage shop capture anything or any one at any time?

Why would anybody take a two year old little boy camping in boots that are too big?

I can see clomping around the house with them but on a camping trip? No way.

Hmmm I dont know - favorite boots maybe? Going on a big trip and wants to wear his boots like his Dad? Maybe they were just one of a few pairs of footwear they had for him on the trip and he happened to choose those to wear that day?

"Let Harry work this case pro bono"

Look at his Facebook and you will see he is very clear about his charges, he does not work for free. He has been in contact with multiple sources already trying to sell his services in this case.

True that. However, Harry seems to want to become "known", possibly in a better light than some have cast him. What better way to do it? Funny thing is, I have never really distrusted Harry, I always felt he got a bad rap as most people who are better/ahead of their time, usually do.

My opinion only

I'm just curious as to what others think. How far do you think a two year old could get in an hour?
I have a two year old and he's hell on wheels. I've been thinking a lot about it and if I set him down and let him go I think he could get pretty far. I mean his energy would be endless for at least two hours. All kids are so diffrent tho. I wonder if Deorr was a runner. I have a high energy runner. [emoji25]
He could of took off one way and realized he didn't know where his parents where and zig zagged all over the place. I think he could of gotten farther and more lost then we think. And at that point he would of been fair game to any type of animals wolves, mountain lions, ect.
My 2 year old could have gotten far, too, but she would be stopping quite a bit to "investigate" things.

Hmmm I dont know - favorite boots maybe? Going on a big trip and wants to wear his boots like his Dad? Maybe they were just one of a few pairs of footwear they had for him on the trip and he happened to choose those to wear that day?
If I was going camping with my 2yo, doesn't matter how much he wants to wear a big boy boots, when we're going to go camping, somewhere I know going to be 'tough', I would put a nicely fitted and proper shoes / boots. There would be no shoe store at the mountain, and it would not be enjoyable camping for my 2yo (and me) to have his shoes keep falling off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong