GUILTY FL - Lonzie Barton, 2, Jacksonville, 24 July 2015 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bummer! I wanted something to happen today.
.....and we wait......

Ruben's attorney says he pleads not guilty to all 3 charges. Ebron in courtroom less than 2 min @FCN2go

CMnHTPTWEAArry-.jpg

https://twitter.com/NewsShelby

So...by pleading not guilty, this will go to trial. And at trial he will face questioning under oath. Sounds good to me. Of course, I realize he likely has no qualms against lying under oath...but that doesn't mean he'll get away with it. Have at him, prosecutors.

I can't believe they would let him out on bail. He's missed many court dates in the past & has had warrants for his arrest in order to bring him into court.

Bring on the charges to keep him in jail!

Court docket updates for today.

8/17/2015
8/17/2015 JUDGE AHO, MARIANNE
38 -- 8/17/2015
8/17/2015 ASST. STATE ATTY. MANTEI, RICHARD W
39 -- 8/17/2015
8/17/2015 ASST. PUB. DEF. ROBERTS, RONALD LYNWOOD
40 -- 8/17/2015
8/17/2015 DEFENDANT PRESENT IN JAIL
41 -- 8/17/2015
8/17/2015 DEF. W/READING OF INFO & PLEAD NOT GUILTY
42 1 8/17/2015
8/17/2015 PLEA OF NOT GUILTY
43 2 8/17/2015
44 3 8/17/2015
45 -- 8/17/2015
8/17/2015 OTHERS PRESENT: STATE: LONDON KITE --- DEFENSE: ALPHONSO PERKINS
46 -- 8/17/2015
8/17/2015 MOTION ---STATES MOTION FOR PRODUCTION AND DISCLOSURE OF SOURCE OF BAIL PREMIUM AND COLLATERAL PRIOR TO DEFENDANT'S RELEASE ON BAIL ("NEBBIA HEARING") - FILED
47 -- 8/17/2015
8/17/2015 PRETRIAL 09/02/2015 9:00 AM - 408 4TH FLOOR, 501 W ADAMS ST JACKSONVILLE FL 32202

https://core.duvalclerk.com/CoreCms.aspx#

Nebbia Hold

In Florida, if the criminal charges pertain to a fraud or drug case the Court can add a condition on the bond known as a Nebbia Hold, or Bail Source Hearing. A Nebbia hold requires the defendant and co-signers of the bond to produce and disclose the source of bail premium and collateral prior to the defendant's release on bail. They must show that the source of the bail premium and collateral are from a legitimate source and were not acquired through illegal activities such as drug trafficking, money laundering, theft or fraud.

An experienced criminal defense attorney can quickly schedule the Bail Source Hearing, and file a Nebbia Proffer and present evidence, including documents and testimony, to show the court that the source of the funds is legitimate. Once the court is satisfied that the funds being used to post the bond are from legitimate sources, the Court can lift the Nebbia hold so that the defendant can bond out of jail.

http://flcriminallaws.com/id579.html

Benjamin is slang for $$$ . That's the face on the hundred dollar bill .

Lorena Inclán ‏@LorenaANjax · 1m1 minute ago
Ebron's bail is set at $50k each for two counts, third count has not been set @ActionNewsJax #FINDLONZIE

I always thought Lonzies sister was supposed to go missing also!
she left the car. I wonder if she was edited from the video of Ebron running back to the apt.
Maybe he followed him!

Just a thought!

Shaniya Davis was sold by her mother as payment for her drug debt.

It is sickening to think that Ebron knows where your darling baby is and will not tell. How can a woman/mother look him in the eyes ever again? Of course it is alleged he knows, but when LE comes out and says Ebron is lying with the story he is telling, that is a mighty public statement IMO.

How can people be so evil and never give up the location of a murder victim?

I can't believe they would let him out on bail. He's missed many court dates in the past & has had warrants for his arrest in order to bring him into court.

Bring on the charges to keep him in jail!
The amounts seem low, so I hope he won't be able to come up with the $$$ from his parents.

Baker County also has a warrant for his arrest for violating the terms of his bond release on a drug charge.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story...s-before-lonzie-barton-went-missing/31838075/

Even if Ebron somehow shows his bond money is legitimate he won't walk out of jail. Baker county revoked his bond so he'd immediately be transported to that jail.

Like a trapped rat Ebron's not going to walk the streets as a free man for a long time.

Hopefully LE have many examples of negligence during that day. The kids were NOT in the car at 2 am IMO. There would likely be several other instances of child negligence during that day e.g. flushing (drugs) down the toilet so presence of drugs near small children, leaving the kids alone in the car at other times, alone at the apartment, etc etc. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member