ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks weird because of the interruption - he's saying "We weren't more than 50 yards/ten minutes (from the time) I'd seen him, to the point I'd figured out he was gone." He's trying to say that they had only gone a short distance away/were only gone a few minutes.

Sorry if someone else has already explained - I'm catching up on the thread.

Yes, thank you. ClaireNC found that there should have been the word "till" in front of the sentence, but it was missing from the transcript. So it caused me to read it incorrectly, :blushing:

Not to change the subject LOL, but I have a question. Sorry if I have missed an earlier discussion so it may be a simple answer but:

Was little DeOrr potty-trained? He is wearing diapers in many of the available pics, and he is right in the age range (22 to 32 months) when this would/could be occurring. It is interesting there his been absolutely no mention of his wearing diapers or pull-ups with his other clothes.

I think this would be important information to have out there. If he is still in diapers, I am less concerned with French Fry/candy/other product purchases and way more interested in diapers. Is someone buying diapers when they haven't needed them before? Why is there no mention of this on any of the posters, being a basic need and characteristic of a small child?

I know when we took our kids camping at that age, diapers were a huge concern -- packing them in and packing them out. In fact, a trail of diapers could be better than breadcrumbs.

Not to change the subject LOL, but I have a question. Sorry if I have missed an earlier discussion so it may be a simple answer but:

Was little DeOrr potty-trained? He is wearing diapers in many of the available pics, and he is right in the age range (22 to 32 months) when this would/could be occurring. It is interesting there his been absolutely no mention of his wearing diapers or pull-ups with his other clothes.

I think this would be important information to have out there. If he is still in diapers, I am less concerned with French Fry/candy/other product purchases and way more interested in diapers. Is someone buying diapers when they haven't needed them before? Why is there no mention of this on any of the posters, being a basic need and characteristic of a small child?

I know when we took our kids camping at that age, diapers were a huge concern -- packing them in and packing them out. In fact, a trail of diapers could be better than breadcrumbs.

i believe there was a discussion about diapers up thread or on the previous one that he was not potty trained and was still in diapers but it was on SM as a rumor, so I don't think we can discuss it due to TOS. You might do a search and see what was posted earlier.

It was stated by someone in a social media post that they personally disposed of one of his diapers at the campsite, but never verified by an official source.

DK: He was playing with grandpop. He was over . . . he was getting ready for a . (??) It was almost, by that time it was almost two and he usually takes his nap. Um, we, we was just, yeah, we decided we were going to go a little exploring and he was going to be good with grandpa by the campfire. We weren't more than probably 50 . . .

Ok I've been reading up on this and it's my first time posting here, and I was wondering if you could help clear something up for me (so many details, so late, so tired!). If, they left the little one with grandpa for a nap, why would grandpa think he was with them? I've been looking but I think I'm missing some info. Thanks in advance!

If you read the statement carefully, it doesn't actually say they were leaving him with grandpa for a nap. They are mentioning the nap in relation to the approximate time of day, but don't actually say he was napping or about to nap.

The intentional vagueness of information in this case causes me to speculate that there was never any conversation with Grandpa about watching DeOrr while they went "exploring." I'm not sure if they were simply careless and saw DeOrr playing near Grandpa and assumed Grandpa would keep an eye on him, or if they took advantage of Grandpa's memory issues to lay the groundwork for the disappearance, but either way they've never specifically clarified the situation.

It's extremely unusual that not only the parents, grandpa, "friend" IR, but Law Enforcement themselves have released such a small amount of info, and that no media source has pursued the info aggressively.

The three ideas I came up with:

They told him to go hang out with GGP (stay by GGP, be good by the fire) without actually saying anything to GGP about it. Maybe they waved or something non-committal, but nothing as clear as "We're going for a walk please watch him until we get back."

OR. They did say that, walked away, Deorr told GGP "I'm going to go with them" and GGP shrugged or something and said sure, go ahead.

OR. There's also a possibility they saw him hanging out with GGP, figured he was having fun and it would be fine if they snuck away for a quick walk.

From the little we have heard, it sounds like the latter--the parents thought he'd be good with grandpop and left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DK: He was playing with grandpop. He was over . . . he was getting ready for a . (??) It was almost, by that time it was almost two and he usually takes his nap. Um, we, we was just, yeah, we decided we were going to go a little exploring and he was going to be good with grandpa by the campfire. We weren't more than probably 50 . . .

Ok I've been reading up on this and it's my first time posting here, and I was wondering if you could help clear something up for me (so many details, so late, so tired!). If, they left the little one with grandpa for a nap, why would grandpa think he was with them? I've been looking but I think I'm missing some info. Thanks in advance!

I think little D. was starting to settle down (like he'd actually be ready for his nap in 15 min. or so), but not quite ready then.....He was probably mellow and quiet and happily playing in the dirt or whatever....The parents thought it a good time to take a short walk, then would return and put him down for his nap....

It was stated by someone in a social media post that they personally disposed of one of his diapers at the campsite, but never verified by an official source.

Yeah, I'm not sure how someone would know for certain how many hours ago a diaper was soiled. You could assume based on what someone tells you. But you could be wrong.

DK: Fifty yards away and ten minutes, uh, well, (??) the time we'd, I'd seen him to the point I'd figured out he was gone. And I come back up from the creek and I've actually seen . . . there were some things down by . . . a little minnow that I thought he would just love. So when I come back up to get him and I yelled over to grandpa, uh, "Where is," you know, "Where is little DeOrr?" he, immediately, shocked, he says, "I thought he came up to you."

(snipped by me)

"Ten minutes since the time we'd, I'd seen him to the point I'd figured out he was gone ... "

He's saying it was 10 minutes since the last time he'd seen him until he realized he didn't see him anymore.

Because they have the need to establish that DeOrr was last seen alive by anyone at all on Friday, and I don't think it was them.

I don't understand why JM said 'matching our description of our son'. Was there any agreement on how little DeOrr should be described? Why not match our son?

Guessing the parents gave a description to LE, similar to how the mom was asked to describe him on the 911 call.

From the response by East Idaho News: "I just met with the sheriff today and he confirmed they did arrive late Thursday night. There were conflicting reports early on about their arrival date but the sheriff confirmed it was Thursday."

BBM ~ This sounds to me like it was just confirmed to him today when he met with the Sheriff that they arrived Thursday night. Whether it really was just confirmed to him today, or if he is trying to cya, I don't know. However he has been pretty upfront about making mistakes in the past so for now I will give him the benefit of the doubt that it was confirmed to him just today. IMO.

It could have been conflicting reports per LE OR per the parents. Hopefully the former. I'd prefer sloppiness over the other option.

Yeah, I'm not sure how someone would know for certain how many hours ago a diaper was soiled. You could assume based on what someone tells you. But you could be wrong.

I know we aren't allowed to talk about FB postings, but I'm going to take a chance and say that ONE diaper was talked about. ONE diaper was thrown in the trash on Saturday. FB rumor only, of course! Contemplate it but don't discuss it.

And to me it seems like evidence LE would want, and wouldn't approve of it being disposed of by a non-LE person.

I'm glad the whole Thursday/Friday arrival thing has finally been solved. I had wondered whether they had arrived on the Thursday but couldn't say so in the interview because Dad DeOrr had "pulled a sickie" (taken a day off work "sick"). Hence the "rumour on SM" quoted in the interview and DeOrr's oddly-worded response about his employer.

1 question answered, only 1,000 to go! :pullhair:

Regarding diapers, we don't know if he was potty training/trained. With my girls, it wasn't unheard of for us to throw them in a diaper for nighttime when they were first learning and couldn't quite make it through the night... But they were in underpants during the day. Maybe parents took a load of trash with them when they went to town. Maybe there were dirty diapers in another bag. I think with this topic, even if we took SM rumor as fact, it would ALL be speculation because we're just missing too much info.

I know we aren't allowed to talk about FB postings, but I'm going to take a chance and say that ONE diaper was talked about. ONE diaper was thrown in the trash on Saturday. FB rumor only, of course! Contemplate it but don't discuss it.

The diaper was widely discussed in earlier threads but I don't remember seeing this mentioned. When my son was potty training, he thought it was really fun to stand and pee outside when we were camping, hiking, etc. We put him in a diaper at night but he used training pants during the day. He continued to poop in his diaper for a few months, but he rarely peed in is pants. That would explain the only one diaper.

So hear we sit waiting for the new article to be released today. I work from home and I'm supposed to be working today. It's going to be hard to stay focused on what I need to do. Anybody else feeling the same way?

I'm on the east coast, and the two hour time difference adds to the wait.

So hear we sit waiting for the new article to be released today. I work from home and I'm supposed to be working today. It's going to be hard to stay focused on what I need to do. Anybody else feeling the same way?

I'm EST, too, and hoping the article hits earlier rather than later. Date night with the husband and he would not be a happy camper if I was checking for updates! :)

Me too, I'm thinking I better start working faster & harder today or I'll be working tonight lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow