ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, this makes it sound like Deorr still hasn't been found. :(

I agree, but it also sounds like the sheriff is quite confident that he WILL be. Which makes me also think they have a definite suspect/s in mind. Of course, that also brings me to the thought that there may not be a happy ending for this little guy (but I hope I'm wrong on that).

Ooooh they just posted that it is coming very soon!!!

DEVELOPING: Lemhi County Sheriff Lynn Bowerman opens up about the DeOrr Kunz case. He spoke on-camera with our Nate Eaton and broke down the timeline of events...plus what the FBI is doing and what happens next in the search for the little boy. We're putting the report together right now and it will be posted very soon on EastIdahoNews.com.

https://www.facebook.com/EastIdahoNews?fref=nf

ETA: We're getting a timeline!!! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

In the video, Nate said they are editing and will have in the next several hours. Hope they post the raw interview too, that's what we want & need
...there's no detail too small for us.

I agree, but it also sounds like the sheriff is quite confident that he WILL be. Which makes me also think they have a definite suspect/s in mind. Of course, that also brings me to the thought that there may not be a happy ending for this little guy (but I hope I'm wrong on that).

ITA and I think they need to search areas elsewhere than the campground. jmo

I think we are all waiting for some news about what happened to DeOrr.

So during our wait I am wondering. Do you think the newspaper is working under the direction of the Sheriff's office?

Perhaps some of our journalists have some idea how this works. Does the newspaper write their article and clear it with the Sheriff's office when there is an ongoing investigation?

Or do we still rely on Freedom of The Press.

It would just depend on the journalist. Think about all the police brutality cases, if the media had to clear all articles with LE first, well, that's not happening.

No problems with opinions here, I promise! It can no doubt all be blamed on the shortcomings of the written word... lack of voice inflection, emotion, and maybe in some instances, overuse of the exclamation point :rolleyes: LOL. :)

I have to say though that the ambiguity in the PI's statement is something I can't completely dismiss.

The PI statement: http://q13fox.com/2015/08/11/privat...amily-of-missing-idaho-toddler-deorr-kunz-jr/
So does that mean they arrived that morning then went into town? Or does it mean they went into town after they arrived the previous night?

And then we have this from Grandpa Deorr:

Grandpa's statement : http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/loca...andfather-believes-boy-was-abducted/30321903/ Well one could take that as they had just arrived shortly before he went missing, as in that morning.

Anyway, it will certainly be good to get this timeline verified, even if at this point it probably doesn't matter. Which I say with a very heavy heart. :(

Well, we now know for sure that the PI said exactly what he meant. I can see why some people might have thought it was possibility that he misspoke. But I'm not sure how anyone could have been absolutely certain of it. Human nature I guess! We tend to hold on so tightly to what we want to believe, we accept info that supports it and dismiss info that doesn't (and even change info in extreme cases!)

(Bowerman said) "Even though it's been 5 weeks since DeOrr disappeared, he still believes the young boy will be found...."

(snippet from the teaser video on FB) Nate said they are editing the interview and hope to have it posted within the next few hours.

I'm really anxious for the update and can hardly wait! I haven't posted since the beginning of this case but have followed it every day. I think of little DeOrr all the time and see his precious little face.

BBM

I'm going to take this as encouraging news. I wish he had added alive at the end. It kind of makes me think they have substantial evidence to think abduction. That would be the best scenario at this time. He may still be alive!

I've followed so many cases of missing children where it turned out to be parents or a boyfriend, etc., that it poisoned my mind enough to always suspect the parents first.
With this case I decided to sit it out and keep my opinions to myself. I can say, that in this case I don't suspect the parents. They and Grandpa made the 'I thought you were taking care of the baby' assumption, I believe, a mistake that's quite common, unfortunately. It's hard for me to think little DeOrr toddled that far away and that no trace was found, in so short a time, so I have leaned more toward an abduction.

I hope the news release today will be good news and maybe a little new information.

I'm not sure if I have mentioned that I am psychic before, but I'm seeing visions that tell me nothing interesting will be released in this report today.

;)

I'm not sure if I have mentioned that I am psychic before, but I'm seeing visions that tell me nothing interesting will be released in this report today.

;)

:)

My hunch is the info will be revealing only to an audience who hasn't dissected every.single.detail of the case like WSers have.

However, I would be thrilled with some new info and/or confirmation of unclear info like the store sighting, etc.

;)
I must be psychic too then! Or maybe it's just how stingy they have been with any information. Even the parent's interview was basically led by the dad and few real questions of substance were asked.

I hope I am wrong and that they are going to clear up some rumors, innuendo and at least give us some facts we didn't have before.

For LE and parents to be so concerned with rumors and SM I have to say that the lack of information of even the most basic of facts has fueled that issue.

Before anyone jumps up and reminds me that they don't owe us anything, that may be true...unless you are asking the public to help and aid in finding out where this baby is. And perhaps, that is the crux of the matter, maybe they don't really need the public's help to solve his disappearance.

;)

But they state it is "substantial". If there is nothing new/interesting over and above the Thursday arrival time which has already been confirmed.....

If your 'vision' turns out correct, the dictionary definition of "substantial" needs to be rethought for EIN. I hope the article isn't "Clickbait". Especially after the piece about making mistakes.

I think just the fact that Sheriff Bowerman is doing an on camera interview (finally) is significant. I wonder if the FBI would suggest he do this?

I apologize in advance because I know this has been asked and answered before. What year, make and model is DK's truck? Asking because I'm wondering if it has OnStar.

Well that was simple enough, no? Just ask the source directly when you doubt their accuracy. Whoever DID decide to contact Nate had perfect timing. If what Nate said is true and he did JUST yesterday speak to the sheriff who then set the story straight, it's hard to tell how an earlier inquiry would have been answered.

I AM now and will continue to be amazed how so-called journalists publish so much incorrect information. In this case Nate had NO source whatsoever who provided him the information he published as "fact", so he can't even say he got it wrong. He didn't misunderstand; he didn't through inadvertence mis-speak; and he didn't mis-quote anyone. He simply had NO idea and didn't care enough to find out. That's not sloppy work, it's SHODDY work.

:gaah:Aggggghhhhhh....!!! Sorry. I just had to say it.

Disappointed. Everyone is just peachy and I'm good with them and everyone has been cooperating. I'm 99% sure the baby was there. Oh and Isaac is so helpful to ride out there with me. Oh yay, and grandpa's name is Bob Walton. Big frickin deal. WHERE IS DEORR JR????

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member