AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The photos of the evidence being put in the bag are really hard to see ... I can see why people see different things.

I spent about an hour today thinking I had identified the suitcase laying in the front of someone's yard(from Wynarka) in a Google Earth image from 2010.... and really thought it was the suitcase until I enhanced the photo...

View attachment 80216

it really looks like it though, what is it?

1.Police have urged the public to assist in helping solve the case of the child suitcase murder.

News Limited reports detectives on Saturday made a plea for retailers and the public to help “trace the origins of the remaining five labels” of clothing found in the suitcase with the child's remains.

There were 50 items found in the suitcase which carried the remains of the child, suspected to be a young girl who could have been murdered up to eight years ago.

The five brands are H.F, Sally, Haolailh, Miss X Australia, and Gaf. And the suitcase was found in the South Australian bush, in Wynarka.

“We hope either a retailer or member of the public may be able to identify where the items have been or still are sold,’’ said Major Crime officer-in-charge Detective Superintendent Des Bray on Saturday.

“Dora the Explorer top is pretty individual and someone may remember this and remember seeing a little girl they once knew wearing it.’’

http://www.aww.com.au/latest-news/news-stories/news-wrap-august-10-21735

When I emailed CrimeStoppers with the details of the clothing I once had, and got rid of, I also gave them the details of my former next door neighbours, who were drug addicted transients with 3 small girls living in shelter accommodation, which they got kicked out from. In the early days, she asked me to watch the kids, and was gone 2 days! They didn't have anything to wear, so I dressed them in some of my kids older clothes, and also gave her a bag or two of clothing for them.

I haven't heard anything, so I can only hope they have tracked down those girls and made sure they are safe. IIRC, it would have been the last half of 2006, the first half of 2007. The oldest girl was around 4, the next was 2, a gorgeous little blonde girl, and a baby. They had come from WA, and as to where they went, I have no idea, but I do know the dad was in jail when they were evicted. I recall the mother hinting she had a troubled upbringing involving child sexual abuse against her. I gave Crime Stoppers all the info I had on them, which would have been enough to find them. If only to make sure the girls are safe.

I also gave them the little info I knew about the labels Sally, MissX and H.F. It sounds like they are looking for a retailer who sold those labels.

It has been a long time since there were any updates on this case from SAPOL..... something I would have liked more detail on is how they came to the conclusion that the beginning of 2007 was the earliest possible death date, was it because there was something in the case that didn't exist (made/manufactured) before then. If its because of some item in the suitcase then that would mean that the packing of the case and the murder happened at (or roughly at)the same time...What is every-ones thought on this?

Did Police actually say that, so far I have only seen it written by that journalist, Andrew?Rule.
The other thing that bothers me about the quilt, why are there 2 dragonfly fabrics depicted, one looks smaller print than the other but my screen is small and I can't make it big enough to see.
I have a timeless treasure fabric in black with dragonflies and in blue (aqua) and it says 2006 on the selvage.

Police says she was beaten to death.

When I emailed CrimeStoppers with the details of the clothing I once had, and got rid of, I also gave them the details of my former next door neighbours, who were drug addicted transients with 3 small girls living in shelter accommodation, which they got kicked out from. In the early days, she asked me to watch the kids, and was gone 2 days! They didn't have anything to wear, so I dressed them in some of my kids older clothes, and also gave her a bag or two of clothing for them.

I haven't heard anything, so I can only hope they have tracked down those girls and made sure they are safe. IIRC, it would have been the last half of 2006, the first half of 2007. The oldest girl was around 4, the next was 2, a gorgeous little blonde girl, and a baby. They had come from WA, and as to where they went, I have no idea, but I do know the dad was in jail when they were evicted. I recall the mother hinting she had a troubled upbringing involving child sexual abuse against her. I gave Crime Stoppers all the info I had on them, which would have been enough to find them. If only to make sure the girls are safe.

I also gave them the little info I knew about the labels Sally, MissX and H.F. It sounds like they are looking for a retailer who sold those labels.

Wow MsDee I'm quite gob smacked by your post. It sounds like you may have provided some really significant info. So you think it's very possble that those items you previously mentioned as having owned and got rid of, could easily have been items you passed on to that family rather than dumped or sold? The dates fit as the items could have remained with the family for sometime before.... The unspeakably horrible incident happened.

It has been a long time since there were any updates on this case from SAPOL..... something I would have liked more detail on is how they came to the conclusion that the beginning of 2007 was the earliest possible death date, was it because there was something in the case that didn't exist (made/manufactured) before then. If its because of some item in the suitcase then that would mean that the packing of the case and the murder happened at (or roughly at)the same time...What is every-ones thought on this?

I would also like to know how they worked that one out and i would also like to know how they come to the conclusion the case was placed in Wynarka in march or after march.

Not sure if the gecko/lizard fabric has been identified, I have missed quite a few posts lately. I found this one when looking at other Timeless Treasures fabrics and thought it was similar:
https://www.fabric.com/buy/0396919/timeless-treasures-southwest-geckos-black

I think the only fabric that hasn't been found is the pumpkin fabric....It's really old, reminds me of those daggy valance curtains in the 80's

mQXfJ5yx449ti7mNuD5zC6w.jpg

Ive used a wide range of searches to find it but nothing has popped up. Ive used, pumpkin, corn, sunflower, gingham, autumn harvest, fall colours. I don't think it really matters though, it's vintage and that remnant of fabric has been in there stache for a long time.

My best match was to Cranston VIP fabrics but it isn't close enough. The most telling feature, imo, is the check background and sunflowers. These fabrics were really popular about 10 years ago for making country style quilts.

I think it's curious the police have pinpointed that time of death 'so accurately'. How? Why?

I would also like to know how they worked that one out and i would also like to know how they come to the conclusion the case was placed in Wynarka in march or after march.
My guess is they figured on a time between the completion of the roadworks on that stretch of road (mid March) and the first reported sighting, I wouldn't mind knowing when that first reported sighting was.... was it during, or immediately after the Easter break? or maybe a tad pre Easter?

I think the only fabric that hasn't been found is the pumpkin fabric....It's really old, reminds me of those daggy valance curtains in the 80's

View attachment 80239

Ive used a wide range of searches to find it but nothing has popped up. Ive used, pumpkin, corn, sunflower, gingham, autumn harvest, fall colours. I don't think it really matters though, it's vintage and that remnant of fabric has been in there stache for a long time.

I doubt that we will find it, but that hasn't stopped me from continuing to look. I've also googled country basket, garden, thanksgiving, field, bounty, seasons ...

I agree with the above poster who said it had to be 1970 or earlier. One of these days, someone will find a set of curtains, or a table cloth with an octagon shaped hole cut out of it. :)

On memory the pumpkin print in the quilt is a place mat. I recall having purchased a set I believe are the same if not very similar from a home linen party many years ago. Im talking 90's and well before the internet was common place or even in Australia. It was a home based linen party but for the life of me cant remember the name but pretty sure they dont operate anymore. I certainly recognise the pumpkin print as related to those place mats though. Was very popular around 20+ years ago. Hope this helps.

I think it's curious the police have pinpointed that time of death 'so accurately'. How? Why?
Yes, very curious!.... and it's not so much that they know when the death happened, it's that they seem to have an accurate handle on when it DIDN'T happen!

Yes, very curious!.... and it's not so much that they know when the death happened, it's that they seem to have an accurate handle on when it DIDN'T happen!

I guess if there was enough blood on one of them items of clothing and they know when that clothing was made, its safe to say the child was not alive after that. I posted a pic in a thread or two back and you could see some blood on one of the labels. :tears: We havent seen many items that were in the suitcase out of the 50 that were suppose to be in there, and there could be a good reason for that.

I wonder about that too. Maybe it was there for a lot longer and roadwork made it more visible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong