Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 Sherry Ann Jarvis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I re-read the article and see that likely my assumptions were wrong that she was not hitching because of the witnesses statements that she was walking.
This is so sad. Someone is missing her... Someone knows who she is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or the guy who dropped her off was her boyfriend and they had got into a fight and she got out of the car. Might explain why she wasn't carrying a purse or backpack if she left it in the car.

As usual, I feel pretty useless here, but 2 things did come to mind for me. One is that if she was only 14 years old, she may not have even been in high school yet, which would account for her not being in any of the year books checked. The other is that I wonder if her "friend" was an employee at the prison rather than an inmate.

MOO

This may have been suggested in the past as I haven't read this entire thread. My apologies if it has.
What I'm thinking is if she was going to see an inmate at the Ellis unit then I'm guessing it may have been someone she was intimate with. Now I know those guys were all questioned and all said they had no knowledge of this girl, but would someone really want to admit to the authorities that they were having sex with a minor?

My question is, I'm wondering if there is any way to access the list of prisoners that were housed in that unit at the time of the questioning. Maybe finding one or two that would have been in their early 20s from the Rockport/Aransas pass area and locating them today could prove to be helpful in finally getting a name. Maybe they'd be more willing to talk today then they were 35 years ago.

I know this sounds like a stretch, but if I had that list of names in my hands right now with their original street addresses from that time, it would be a hell of a lot better than no leads at all. Is it possible to get that information from the Texas dept. of corrections?

I just don't feel like she will end up being from the Aransas Pass area. Maybe the individual she was going to the prison to meet up with was, and she intended on going there to stay until he was released.

Maybe she was estranged from her father and was searching for him, following the trail to where her mother may have last known he was, which was Aransas Pass. She goes to Aransas Pass searching for her father, is told he is incarcerated in the Ellis Unit, and makes her way there to see if she can find him, only to find out he isn't there at all. So many scenarios could fit here.

I think the same Michael.Question those that got locked up 6 months to a year before WCJD was killed.

This may have been suggested in the past as I haven't read this entire thread. My apologies if it has.
What I'm thinking is if she was going to see an inmate at the Ellis unit then I'm guessing it may have been someone she was intimate with. Now I know those guys were all questioned and all said they had no knowledge of this girl, but would someone really want to admit to the authorities that they were having sex with a minor?

My question is, I'm wondering if there is any way to access the list of prisoners that were housed in that unit at the time of the questioning. Maybe finding one or two that would have been in their early 20s from the Rockport/Aransas pass area and locating them today could prove to be helpful in finally getting a name. Maybe they'd be more willing to talk today then they were 35 years ago.

I know this sounds like a stretch, but if I had that list of names in my hands right now with their original street addresses from that time, it would be a hell of a lot better than no leads at all. Is it possible to get that information from the Texas dept. of corrections?

I dont think she was looking for her father.....as the waitress from the Hitchin Post Truck Stop said that when asked if her parents knew where she was,she answered "who cares".
I just don't feel like she will end up being from the Aransas Pass area. Maybe the individual she was going to the prison to meet up with was, and she intended on going there to stay until he was released.

Maybe she was estranged from her father and was searching for him, following the trail to where her mother may have last known he was, which was Aransas Pass. She goes to Aransas Pass searching for her father, is told he is incarcerated in the Ellis Unit, and makes her way there to see if she can find him, only to find out he isn't there at all. So many scenarios could fit here.

I don't think it was her father either. Or any blood relative. I guess it's possible it was an uncle but I am leaning more toward a boyfriend or something of that nature.

I wish they had searched all of the cells for any letters or pictures from her. I'll bet they would've found something.

I still think they would do well to check out who was released that day. She may well have hoped to continue her travels alongside the person she was going to meet with,

This is something they could still check even after all this time.

I dont think she was looking for her father.....as the waitress from the Hitchin Post Truck Stop said that when asked if her parents knew where she was,she answered "who cares".

I kind of take that remark as a possible indication she was quite a bit older than she looks. It's the kind of impatient reply that a person who's tired of being taken for a child gives. I've heard my daughter say the same thing to table servers who made similar remarks after she was out of college and they still thought she was 16.

I kind of take that remark as a possible indication she was quite a bit older than she looks. It's the kind of impatient reply that a person who's tired of being taken for a child gives. I've heard my daughter say the same thing to table servers who made similar remarks after she was out of college and they still thought she was 16.

The age estimate was based on an anthropological examination of her bones, rather than just on her appearance. Anthropological estimates of age are pretty accurate on persons in their teenaged years.

So it is less likely that their age estimate is inaccurate.

The age estimate was based on an anthropological examination of her bones, rather than just on her appearance. So it is less likely that their age estimate is inaccurate.

I didn't mean older than the estimated range, but at the top of the range. Doenetwork and Namus both say 14-18. I realize my example made it sound like I meant older than that...

Listened to your interview on Tattoo's of the Unidentified.Really enjoyed it,good interview.

The age estimate was based on an anthropological examination of her bones, rather than just on her appearance. Anthropological estimates of age are pretty accurate on persons in their teenaged years.

So it is less likely that their age estimate is inaccurate.

Hi ALL... I'm just catching up.. But our girl is never ever far from mind... It's hard to log in from a phone.. Anyone know a secret.. Or could I give someone my contact info to keep me updated???
Also something I noticed we haven't discussed about Walker County .. It's also home of Sam Houston State Univ.. So though Huntsville is a "country" town (more so in the 70-80) we also had younger people in and out due to the college .. So one young travel weary kid may not have caught as much attention as in other "country" communities.. (Just something I noticed we hadn't touched on) .. It's funny how a bunch of "strangers" have come to love and care for this one little girl.. We've become her family...
I still have a few pages to catch up on.. Is there an active FB page for our girl.. I know of one.. But it's not very actuve( it's easier for me to get on Facebook )
I think I know how to get on now .. But it won't let me see any of the links posted

And if anyone would be interesting in keeping her website up to date if gladly give you the info.. That's something else I can't get into from a phone.. I feel I've let our girl down.. Just can't afford internet right now ..

Ok one last thing Ive hesitated to put out.. ITS ONLY RUMOR .... But I was told by a local that the guy at service station was suspicious .. And a few locals still believe at the very least he knows more then he's stated.. And there was something in later years about another young girl(of that I have no details) ..
Also as for The last name Roach (help me was roach the name of gas station or truck driver that found her I can't remember) BUT ... I've searched and searched for him ( I was a skip tracer) and can't find him.. Granted I don't have the data bases I use to... So the discussion about the serial killer with last name Roach really caught my attention...

Hi ALL... I'm just catching up.. But our girl is never ever far from mind... It's hard to log in from a phone.. Anyone know a secret.. Or could I give someone my contact info to keep me updated???
Also something I noticed we haven't discussed about Walker County .. It's also home of Sam Houston State Univ.. So though Huntsville is a "country" town (more so in the 70-80) we also had younger people in and out due to the college .. So one young travel weary kid may not have caught as much attention as in other "country" communities.. (Just something I noticed we hadn't touched on) .. It's funny how a bunch of "strangers" have come to love and care for this one little girl.. We've become her family...
I still have a few pages to catch up on.. Is there an active FB page for our girl.. I know of one.. But it's not very actuve( it's easier for me to get on Facebook )
I think I know how to get on now .. But it won't let me see any of the links posted
What kind of phone do you have? Do you have taptalk? That keeps me logged in and gives me updates of anyone comments on any of the forms I marked.

And after visiting the area .. And driving the "path" .. I'm pretty sure she got picked up by someone either at hitchin post or near by.. As (I can't remember the exact distance ) but the area from where her body was found was very near the HP.. Like I think less the. 5 miles .. If you leave the hitchin post headed in the direction she was found.. The feeder road dead ends (now.. Not sure if it did in 1980.. I need to look into that) so unless one was headed to the ranch like place that the feeder road dead ends to.. They would get back on I45... To get anywhere.. Also the other thing I'm
Pretty convinced of .. Is from where she was from the first sighting (service station) to the hitchin post would be the wrong direction ..to get to The unit.. Sooo.. (And that's quiet a distance.. Specially if one was walking..
A coup of things I've wonders ..
Possibly whoever dropped her off at service station was who told her to ask for directions to the unit ?? ( not sure why they'd left her unless it was an excuse to get rid of her)
2) possibly she was given wrong directions to the unit?? (If not why'd she go opposite direction??) (maybe this is why some locals suspect service station attendant??)
A fixture at HP in the 80s woulda been myoms friend Pookie.. She
Work there for literally forever .. But sadly she passed away in the 90s .. I've wished many times I'd stumbled across our girl before she died ..
It's so eerie to me that the place I spent my baby years to the point of I had a play pen there .. Is very possibly the place a murder chose his victim.. (My mom worked at HP when I was a baby until we left Huntsville in Jan 1980... )
Also another thing I noticed I forgot to mention after talking with LT Perkins yrs ago was on the Henry Lee Lucas ... They could never rule him in or out because he'd had dental surgery (so couldn't compare the bite mark) but something else Perkins said was " Henry Lee Lucas tried to claims murders we KNOW he couldn't have done , but he denied completely any connection to Walker county Jane doe"
Also I've read somewhere Otis Otoole may have committed some murders by his self in Texas .. Mimicking Lucas (Otoole was Lucas partner at times) .. But to my understanding OToole is dead too??
The Killing Fields have always interested me in this case .. As has the "photographer" from Ca that had posters of pictures of girls he'd murdedd all over the states(Perkins had been sent a pic of one of these girls that someone thought resembled our girl.. But no one could identify the girl in the pic ) but both of those cases are totally mind boggling ...
Sorry I have two years of thoughts ideas and theories to catch up on..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong