GUILTY FL - Lonzie Barton, 2, Jacksonville, 24 July 2015 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sure wish someone could find him. I wonder if LL gave a clue when she said she didn't think RE would put him anywhere horrible like a dumpster?

Not sure, but I guess LE isn't given up, they showed on the news yesterday a fast clip of them searching another retention pond yesterday. It was the opening of the news story. Not sure which station cause I was flipping around trying to hear the secret recording.

It did say they spent x amount of time searching this retention pond, and it was still in the general area they had search on south side.

I'm thinking they have reason to believe he is in water, and I think he is weighed down with the missing weights in a duffle bag.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Actually, I would like to see BOTH of them make bond and get out of jail. As long as they are in jail their lawyers will make sure they keep their mouths shut. Let them out, give them enough rope and they will hang themselves.

Yes that's true. Ruben's parents said they weren't going to pay his bail though. If nothing else, they kept their word on that. He has a tattoo appointment to keep so someone needs to bail him out. :fence:

Not sure, but I guess LE isn't given up, they showed on the news yesterday a fast clip of them searching another retention pond yesterday. It was the opening of the news story. Not sure which station cause I was flipping around trying to hear the secret recording.

It did say they spent x amount of time searching this retention pond, and it was still in the general area they had search on south side.

I'm thinking they have reason to believe he is in water, and I think he is weighed down with the missing weights in a duffle bag.

Yes i think LE think Lonzie is in the water for some reason? I'm not familiar with what is in Jacksonville, but is there any ocean near where they lived?

BBM
I think he is in the water too (or the landfill), but I must have missed something: What missing weights?

I don't think either one of them will get bailed out. I don't think anyone they know would help raise that amount of cash. I think most people wouldn't donate any funding for them either knowing what we know now. And perhaps its better they stay where they are just in case because a lot of people are angry with them right now. I guess they could always walk around with paper bags over their heads or go into hiding if per chance they can somehow make bond.

Thanks for sharing Stacy :)
I didn't realize that some people were not able to watch the videos. Lucky you. It was extremely disturbing to hear her say some of this stuff in between her laughter. So you have saved yourself some disgust.

Another thing I wanted to say on a different topic:
She may or may not have a mental illness but I have no doubt in my mind that some of her behaviors and actions happened 100% strictly because of drugs. Before this tragedy, remember all those times that she took little Lonzie with her to make drug deals and go buy drugs? Why did she take a baby with her to go buy drugs? Was it a mental illness that caused her to think it would be ok to do that? Or was it drugs and she just wanted/needed her fix so bad that she was willing to take a baby with her to make that happen to get what she wanted. Mental illness or drugs messing with her mind + selfishness? What would cause a mother to take a baby to go do drug deals with her. I'm thinking drugs.

They took the baby so the cops wouldn't think they were peddling drugs with a baby in tow.
Lonzie was their protection I'll bet they kept drugs on him.

I wonder if LL was getting rid of drugs or evidence when she asked her coworker to stop on the way home. Perhaps she was dumping them where she could go back and find them or having a friend hold them for her. It doesn't make sense to suddenly go to someone's place at 2:30 am to collect money owed. It was an unplanned stop from what her coworker described.

I thought she sounded eerily similar to Susan Smith in the news interview. Her hair even looked like Susan's from the back. Those sniffles...just like Susan's. Only I think they were due to the powder cocaine use she admits to, not pain or sadness.

The recorded conversation was so disturbing on many levels! I'm not sure of what to make of the 120, a cop and a couch she didn't know about. I couldn't hear the conversation well enough but she sure didn't sound like a grieving mom, did she?

I was willing to give her the benefit of the doubt as long as Chief Hackney said she wasn't involved in Lonzie's disappearance. And perhaps (big perhaps) she had no idea he died and was subsequently disappeared by WRE, I will wait for JSO to make that determination. But as a mom, I am disgusted with her behavior and choices leading to his disappearance. Have been from the start. Her children deserved a stable home and sober parents, not the crapola she exposed them to. She needs to go to prison.

IMO - My guess -a police officer offered her $120 for her services on a couch. She was too high to remember. Regardless she is truly a piece of work. So very sad.
I don't think there is any hidden message. She was just running her mouth. My theory, she was sitting around drinking with a friend when they decided to go looking for Lonzie. They were already drunk and took a bottle of liquor with them. At some point she bought (or was offerred) 120mg of Oxy or Roxy (which is a typical "get wasted" dose). At some point she encountered a cop (either coincidentally or because she was under surveillance), and she ended up crashing on an unfamiliar couch.

There is NO WAY a cop would pay a wasted Lonna for sex with this kind of high profile case going on.

754fde93a64f389007faece4b2ffb530.jpg

Floridas new Mother of the year

Yes i think LE think Lonzie is in the water for some reason? I'm not familiar with what is in Jacksonville, but is there any ocean near where they lived?

Yes ocean is close but not in area LE believe he is. Via the cell phone ping.

If you look at the case map, the St. Johns is close to the apartment. Blocks away IIRC
ETA: it empties into the ocean nearby.

Missing weights?? I hadn't heard that, can you elaborate?

The girl, who is set to begin kindergarten on Monday in Baker County, remains in the custody of her grandmother, where she has been for several months.

<snip>

At Thursday's hearing, Duval County family court Judge David Gooding set a case planning conference for the custody case. He said the conference will allow Lonna Barton and her attorney to sit down with her estranged husband Chris Barton and his attorney and the Department of Children and Families to come up with a custody agreement for their daughter.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/custody-hearing-held-for-lonzie-bartons-sister/34822372

I think she made $120.00 then she saw the.cop and later had to crash on someone's couch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater