TX TX - Houston, MixedRaceFem 15-17, UP10722, 'He Smurfs Me' TShirt, Oct'12 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
they left a 12 yr old child to fend for herself?
i know border crossings are hard, both for the body and the mind, but how can abandoning a child be justified?
what was the reasoning given for smurfette not being hispanic? we come (hispanics) in a huge variety of mixes so looks alone cannot tell if a person is, or not, hispanic

they left a 12 yr old child to fend for herself?
i know border crossings are hard, both for the body and the mind, but how can abandoning a child be justified?
what was the reasoning given for smurfette not being hispanic? we come (hispanics) in a huge variety of mixes so looks alone cannot tell if a person is, or not, hispanic

Exactly what I said! How could someone leave a 12 year old child like that? Why didn't someone contact her parents (who were here) to hurry up & get her because they can't wait long or something like that.

I agree she very well could be Hispanic. Hopefully the next time her mother calls to check in, LE will get a DNA sample. I don't know how long ago she last called. I don't think SSA asked.

Bump. Just curious, but was Alexis Duff ever ruled out by Dr. D? Minus her height she seemed like a good match having a narrow nose bridge, red highlights, and having been in foster care.

Bump. Just curious, but was Alexis Duff ever ruled out by Dr. D? Minus her height she seemed like a good match having a narrow nose bridge, red highlights, and having been in foster care.
I can't see any mention of a rule out but Alexis seems to have no dna/dental or fingerprints listed so I don't know how they really ever could in this situation?

Sent from my Lenovo TAB S8-50F using Tapatalk

Alexis cannot be officially ruled out until there is DNA or dentals to compare, and sadly, since she was a foster child she may not have any biological family to submit a sample. However, I believe if Dr. D felt like she was a strong possible match she would try to seek out family for a DNA sample.

Checking in to see if there is anything new. I continue to work hard to find out if there is any truth to the story my foster child told of an older girl being killed and put in a bag and dumped. The child is no longer with me but has went to an out of state placement with the bio father to one of them. Up until she left the story would periodically come up and it always involved the girl being placed in a black bag. One evening my husband overheard her telling another foster child about the girl being put in a bag. Fortunately there are other witnesses now because before she would only tell me and only when she was comfortable. Hoping and praying for answers to her story so justice can be served. I will not give up. I will be forever changed by a small child's story. :( I also hope Smurfette gets her identity back and the justice she deserves.

Checking in to see if there is anything new. I continue to work hard to find out if there is any truth to the story my foster child told of an older girl being killed and put in a bag and dumped. The child is no longer with me but has went to an out of state placement with the bio father to one of them. Up until she left the story would periodically come up and it always involved the girl being placed in a black bag. One evening my husband overheard her telling another foster child about the girl being put in a bag. Fortunately there are other witnesses now because before she would only tell me and only when she was comfortable. Hoping and praying for answers to her story so justice can be served. I will not give up. I will be forever changed by a small child's story. :( I also hope Smurfette gets her identity back and the justice she deserves.

Did she ever say what the girls name was?
I recently learned that LE possibly has the first name of our sweet Smurfette, this is unconfirmed information, so I cannot share the name on the thread.

I recently learned that LE possibly has the first name of our sweet Smurfette, this is unconfirmed information, so I cannot share the name on the thread.

Wow! Does this mean they have an idea of her identity, or do they have a witness similar to the "Andrea Doe" case?

A possible match -

Cecilia Vargas-Merlos (may go by her middle name of Loreny)
Age - 15
Missing since - March 2012
Height - Reported as either 4'8" or 4'10"
Weight - 110 pounds

Seems to be a runaway and is thought to have travelled. Her hair is very similar in colour to Smurfette's and she has the narrow bridge of the nose and close-set eyes that Smurfette has.

Could she be our girl?

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/29040

http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/1247543/1

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/v/vargas-merlos_cecilia.html

A possible match -

Cecilia Vargas-Merlos (may go by her middle name of Loreny)
Age - 15
Missing since - March 2012
Height - Reported as either 4'8" or 4'10"
Weight - 110 pounds

Seems to be a runaway and is thought to have travelled. Her hair is very similar in colour to Smurfette's and she has the narrow bridge of the nose and close-set eyes that Smurfette has.

Could she be our girl?

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/29040

http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/1247543/1

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/v/vargas-merlos_cecilia.html
Someone mentioned her on the previous page but didn't say if they sent it in. Send it in! Looks very possible.

Wow! Does this mean they have an idea of her identity, or do they have a witness similar to the "Andrea Doe" case?

I can't say for sure, I have no idea how they came upon the unconfirmed first name. In my opinion, this name is the first big break in the case.

Kimberley Ballantine and Smurfette side by side

Attachments

• kimberley ballantine and smurfette.png
    kimberley ballantine and smurfette.png
    188.8 KB · Views: 195
Sent email to Dallas County Sheriff office to verify KB is still missing. ;)

View attachment 80022K. Ballentine missing from Irving TX 16 years old, 4' 6", 110 lbs. No other confirmation of missing???

http://www.blackandmissinginc.com/cdad/index.cfm?MissingInfoID=770
Some of these descriptions are so obviously wrong. She was 16, weighed 110 lbs and only 4'6? No way. Maybe someone mistyped and meant to say 5'6. Sad that these young girls are missing for so long and nobody even bothers to get basic facts right so people can look for them.

Wow!!

I hope this means they have a credible lead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She told me her name was Tara. Whether that was her actual name or just one the child knew her by, I don't know.

She told me her name was Tara. Whether that was her actual name or just one the child knew her by, I don't know.

Btw, thank you so very much for what you did for your foster child. You went above and beyond what anyone would do these days. Most people don't want to get involved, they also would have figured the child was telling tales. You went out of your way to find WS as well as our little page Never Forget Me. I think of you every time I see Smurfette.
attachment.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member