TX TX - Houston, MixedRaceFem 15-17, UP10722, 'He Smurfs Me' TShirt, Oct'12 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a friend contact Irving PD and Kimberly B. was found alive Dec. 2011

I can't say for sure, I have no idea how they came upon the unconfirmed first name. In my opinion, this name is the first big break in the case.

Thinking of Smurfette today.

Lyssav, have you heard any updates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hard to believe this child has been dead for three years now and still no name, still no justice.

Somebody put her in that bag and threw her away like a piece of garbage, they shouldn't be getting away with it.

The osteopenia combined with the malformation of the base of her skull seems like it would've definitely had an impact on her life. But I'm a bit confused about the skull malformation. Could it have been Arnold-Chiari congenital malformation, or something like that?

That is my guess is Chiari, that is what my son has. Although some other previous posters have brought up a few other conditions that very possible too. Offhand I can't seem to remember what was mentioned. For Chiari, her Posterior Fossa (base of the skull), may have been what they consider small.

That is my guess is Chiari, that is what my son has. Although some other previous posters have brought up a few other conditions that very possible too. Offhand I can't seem to remember what was mentioned. For Chiari, her Posterior Fossa (base of the skull), may have been what they consider small.

You clearly have knowledge about Chiari, so your word is important. Since it would make the base of the skull smaller than with a non-Chiari skull, as Smurfette's skull was reported to be, it seems like a good chance that's what it is. They should perform tests for Chiari on her skull, if that's possible. Could that happen if her remains were exhumed?

Just saw your reply, I dont think they can confirm if she had Chiari by her skull or remains... I'll try and explain best as I can, and it may be a little more than what could possibly be related to this case, however you never know.. Chiairi is the herniation of the fourth ventricle (cerebellar tonsils). Picture it like this... Imagine an old glass coke-a-cola bottle with a straw in it.. ( straw representing spinal cord - neck of the coke bottle representing the spinal canal ).. Imagine a sponge ( cerebellar tonsils ) sitting on top of the opening in the bottle, and the sponge being sucked down into the neck of the bottle, and putting alot of pressure on the straw ( spinal cord ).. That is chiari, when the cerebellar tonsils are herniated downward into the spinal canal. Alot of the time, the sponge, will cut off fluid ( Cerebral spinal fluid ) from running up and down the straw - ( Straw - spinal cord ).. They believe its possible that having a skull which is small in the back, may be causing the tonsils to herniate downward into the canal, although the cause is still unknown..

Its possible that they may have seen it with an MRI, but to my knowledge not after she is deceased, which makes me wonder, if thats why it was worded, "may or may not have caused a pathological process. ( please excuse me if that was worded wrongly, but i know it was something similar )... if she did have it, she may have had severe headaches, balance problems, ringing in ears and alot of other symptoms.. However, many ppl have Chiari and never have a symptom ever.. I do think your right on track though, that she may have had it! Part of me wonders though if there may have been a specific syndrome that she may have had, that would include the other physical things she had going on, with ribs and possible asymmetry in her face.

The more I continue to search for her name, I am kind of leaning that she may have been disabled. I sure wish she could get her name back :(

.....Lyssav, have you heard any more word that they may know her name?

I'll try and explain best as I can, and it may be a little more than what could possibly be related to this case, however you never know.. Chiairi is the herniation of the fourth ventricle (cerebellar tonsils). Picture it like this... Imagine an old glass coke-a-cola bottle with a straw in it.. ( straw representing spinal cord - neck of the coke bottle representing the spinal canal ).. Imagine a sponge ( cerebellar tonsils ) sitting on top of the opening in the bottle, and the sponge being sucked down into the neck of the bottle, and putting alot of pressure on the straw ( spinal cord ).. That is chiari, when the cerebellar tonsils are herniated downward into the spinal canal. Alot of the time, the sponge, will cut off fluid ( Cerebral spinal fluid ) from running up and down the straw - ( Straw - spinal cord ).. They believe its possible that having a skull which is small in the back, may be causing the tonsils to herniate downward into the canal, although the cause is still unknown..

Thank you so much for that explanation! I was having a difficult time deciphering medical texts. That makes sense. That would also relate to her spinal cord...IIRC (which I very well may not) there was something up with her back I believe?? Anyone correct me if I'm wrong please.

I think she was disabled too. She had very weak bones that look like an old woman's, combined with the spinal cord. Life must never have been easy for her. RIP Smurfette.

I'm can't remember anything about her back, I could be forgetting something. Other possiblity, drug use maybe? malnourishment? Its so sad :( I swear I search for her at least two to three times a week to see if I can find anyone new. I tried looking up google searches about missing ribs but so far I haven't had any luck :(

I'm can't remember anything about her back, I could be forgetting something. Other possiblity, drug use maybe? malnourishment? Its so sad :( I swear I search for her at least two to three times a week to see if I can find anyone new. I tried looking up google searches about missing ribs but so far I haven't had any luck :(

I'm probably getting mixed up with another UID, then...I should jot separate notes for each UID. I was actually wondering about drug use...maybe if she was a transient. Or, I could also see her as being in an abusive household, malnourished, and/or I read that children sometimes have stunted growth if they are abused, like with their bones I believe...will have to read more into that. So perhaps she could have had Chiari syndrome, combined with the stress/abuse from her home. Or else drug use, but I lean more towards a disability.

I totally get what you mean about searching so long and hard. I search for Smurfette, but my main case is 1980 Walker County Jane Doe. She's my baby--I reread Charley Project every 2 days, just waiting for the right update, the right person entered.

I can't believe I didn't come across this case until just now. I really wish they could ID her. But of course that goes for all UIDs. Something about the Smurf shirt though, I loved the Smurfs when I was a kid.

I'm sure this has been posted before but I'm going to post it here because it was mentioned in this thread and I just learned about it on one of my LE classes last night. It's regarding Crimestoppers. People always ask if it's truly anonymous and the fact is IT IS! If you know anything about this case please do not be afraid of calling them. All calls go to a center in TX and they are all completely anonymous. In cases where there is a reward they give you a number to identify yourself with to call local LE and arrange payment if you desire it. But I just wanted to stress that anonymity is important for Crimestoppers so that people do feel comfortable to call them and not fear any repercussions. Someone, someday will find this thread while looking for this girl and have some information. Please call if you know anything.

Just for info/fun, our teacher said of the cases that offer a reward that are solved via a tip to crime stoppers only about 1/3 of those rewards are followed up on and collected by the tipster. Whether it's because they don't want to have to make arrangements for payment or because they just felt they were doing the right thing, I thought that was interesting.

Very well said fizzy! I think there is alot of people out there that may not report something they know because they think its really not anonymous. Thank you for posting that!!

I agree. Just a quick tip can make a huge difference in an investigation. Word must get out that Crime Stoppers is private/anonymous.

Just figured i'd throw this out there, incase anyone wants to take a look, I found this post back from 2012, i'm just starting my search to see if she has been found. Anyone else wanna help look?

Rihana Marzano

https://www.facebook.com/1360698464...17559.136069846495492/236240089811800/?type=3

* I do realize the missing poster was removed, but who knows, it could be one of the reasons why this case isn't solved, repeat runaway, its possible that some parents may stop alerting authorities after a while.

Just figured i'd throw this out there, incase anyone wants to take a look, I found this post back from 2012, she may have been found already, but i'm just starting my search. Anyone else wanna help look?

Rihana Marzano

https://www.facebook.com/1360698464...17559.136069846495492/236240089811800/?type=3

* I do realize the missing poster was removed, but who knows, it could be one of the reasons why this case isn't solved, repeat runaway, parents stop alerting authorities after a while.

I think she looks close! The height is off, but they tend to estimate with decomposed remains.

I've can't find any information stating that Rihana Marzano has been found, let alone any information on her at all.

I've can't find any information stating that Rihana Marzano has been found, let alone any information on her at all.

I couldn't find any indication that she was discovered, nothing to indicate she isn't currently gone, either.

Me either, right now i'm hoping to find family members and narrow it down that way. I dont see so much evidence that she has a prounouced overbite but with out seeing her teeth it may be hard to tell.

Me either, right now i'm hoping to find family members and narrow it down that way. I dont see so much evidence that she has a prounouced overbite but with out seeing her teeth it may be hard to tell.

OK...I don't know if I'm losing my mind...but earlier in the day, I Googled "Rihana Marzano" and I swear I saw a missing children's poster with her on it. But now I tried Googling her name again, no result. I looked at the FB page again and couldn't find any info about her hometown. Did you find any?

That's really odd, I've had that happen to me though where i've looked at things and then can't seem to find em. From what i've found it says she's missing from Elk Grove, CA.. However, i've found a myspace page, with no photo, that said Mt. Hamilton. Even though I can't seem to find to many with that name, its hard to be sure if it s the same person or not. So odd that there is no info anywhere. I've looked up ppl search and found a few Marzano's in Elk Grove, so i'm hoping its family, however i'm not finding any facebook pages for them either, although i'm not through with searching them all.. Usually I can rule someone out pretty quickly because sometimes family members have pictures or are friends with them on facebook, even if their name is private. Thank you for helping me look :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$