AR - Josh Duggar Admits Molesting Girls As A Teenager - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he is a pedophile, necessarily, which I define as a person who is pretty much only sexually attracted to children. But he is a child molester and predator and I think he remains a danger to children.
And at this point, to all women as well.

I'm not sure I totally agree with you. Many pedophiles (even very prolific ones) have normal sexual relationships with adults. That's what is so terrifying about them. They can be in normally functioning nonsexual relationships and there is rarely an inkling. I think a pedophiles sexual preference is always children, but that doesn't mean they are only attracted to children. In fact, I think that is rarely the case. I worked at an advocacy center and it was quite scary how most men (and women, though I personally dealt with only 2 cases involving women) had completely normal and average sexual relationships with adults.

I don't think JD was ever really going to have a "normal" sexual relationship, but I don't think that caused him to molest his sisters. IMO, I think he is likely someone who has an attraction to adults, but a preference to children.

I posted a few days ago that I reserved the right to be further disgusted.

Based on the latest reports (if those reports are factual) I want to cancel my prior reservation.

I now reserve the right to be truly frightened and truly dismayed.

My heart literally breaks for the women and children who are raised in these patriarchal cults. I'm terrified for them.

I wish I could rescue each and every one of them.

X-Rated! *advertiser censored* Star Danica Dillon Claims Josh Duggar Cheated On Pregnant Anna With Her

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-ne... censored*-star-danica-dillon-cheating-hotel/

Nike!!! :dunno:

I was waiting for that shoe to fall.

Good article in The Daily Beast calling out Josh's decision to go to rehab:

Now, after years of not just trumpeting conservative values, but also shaming people he felt didn’t abide by them, Duggar is heading to rehab. “For him it will be a long journey toward wholeness and recovery,” the Duggar family’s statement said Wednesday. “We pray that in this he comes to complete repentance and sincere change.”
In Josh Duggar’s case, it’s impossible to discern any authentic attempt at rehabilitation from what’s perceived as celebrities’ real end goal when announcing a stint in rehab. It’s not about controlling vices. It’s about damage control.
Celebrity publicist Howard Bragman echoed the sentiment at The Fix in 2011, saying that these people often are entering rehab at the advice of their handlers, in a bid for sympathy and to seek refuge from scrutiny. “Your client can’t talk when he’s in rehab,” he said. “People used to say their client was suffering from exhaustion, or had a problem with prescription drugs. Now you have publicists engaging in ‘pre-hab,’ using rehab as pre-emptive damage control.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...ly-grace-sex-abuse-affairs-and-now-rehab.html

I predict in a few weeks or months we will see Josh on a speaking tour talking about grace and mercy and how he's a changed man now.

Someone's gotta take care of all those kids and Anna was left holding the bag.

But there is someone trying to talk her into staying...?

And all of the above that you posted is why Anna won't leave.

She is used to all the good things and Anna is not going to take four little children including a newborn daughter to her parents home in Florida when they too are telling her to stay.

Money, mothers helpers, home, cars, entertainment.

Anna has it all there in the Dugger clan. She won't give it up.

This is the way she was raised and this is what she believes. She hit the jackpot with the Dugger money.

No Anna won't leave.

Good article in The Daily Beast calling out Josh's decision to go to rehab:

Now, after years of not just trumpeting conservative values, but also shaming people he felt didn’t abide by them, Duggar is heading to rehab. “For him it will be a long journey toward wholeness and recovery,” the Duggar family’s statement said Wednesday. “We pray that in this he comes to complete repentance and sincere change.”
In Josh Duggar’s case, it’s impossible to discern any authentic attempt at rehabilitation from what’s perceived as celebrities’ real end goal when announcing a stint in rehab. It’s not about controlling vices. It’s about damage control.
Celebrity publicist Howard Bragman echoed the sentiment at The Fix in 2011, saying that these people often are entering rehab at the advice of their handlers, in a bid for sympathy and to seek refuge from scrutiny. “Your client can’t talk when he’s in rehab,” he said. “People used to say their client was suffering from exhaustion, or had a problem with prescription drugs. Now you have publicists engaging in ‘pre-hab,’ using rehab as pre-emptive damage control.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...ly-grace-sex-abuse-affairs-and-now-rehab.html
Yeah, and I bet there's a lot more about to be exposed. He probably graduated to
a *advertiser censored* star.

It's amazing how often it's the high profile ultra conservatives who end up being caught out in the huge sex scandals. Like really, Clinton has nothing on this!

http://reformersrecovery.com/first-step-to-recovery

Here's how they plan to change Josh:
Friend, I plead with you today to take this first step! Consider praying this simple prayer to God, meaning it from your heart. Saying this prayer is a way to declare to God that you are depending on Jesus Christ alone for your salvation. The words themselves will not save you. Only dependence (faith) on Jesus Christ can grant us our salvation!
PRAYER: “Father, I know that I am a sinner and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly wrong and deserve to be punished for it. But I do believe that your Son, Jesus Christ, died to pay my sin penalty. I believe that He was buried for three days and was resurrected from the dead by the power of the Holy Spirit. I believe Jesus is alive, and hears my prayers. I accept His payment for my sins and invite His Spirit to indwell me and empower me to overcome my wrong behaviors. In Jesus’ Name I pray, Amen.”
If you have prayed this prayer, you need to let another Christian know as soon as possible. Contact you’re a local RU leader, your RU director, the church pastor, or another Christian friend so that they can help you fully understand each part of this decision.
Your belief systems are changing, and if you have placed your full dependence upon Jesus to save you, you now have a Presence living within you that can give you the power to behave differently. In other words, now that you have changed just one of the ways you believed, you are now empowered to change the way you think. This simple step can forever change the way you act.

Not sure why anyone would think it will work this time if it never worked the previous times he prayed...? I'm sure there have been lots of prayers over the years. Perhaps it is thought that suddenly and unexpectedly this is the first time he means it?

And all of the above that you posted is why Anna won't leave.

She is used to all the good things and Anna is not going to take four little children including a newborn daughter to her parents home in Florida when they too are telling her to stay.

Money, mothers helpers, home, cars, entertainment.

Anna has it all there in the Dugger clan. She won't give it up.

This is the way she was raised and this is what she believes. She hit the jackpot with the Dugger money.

No Anna won't leave.

Many women stay in abusive marriages due to financial constraints - which is a very practical concern when trying to support a family on one's own (especially when a woman has no higher education and no job skills).

It ain't easy, and anyone who says it is, is either a fool or a liar or both.

Accusing Anna of staying by her husband's side and refusing to leave because she's used to the "good life" is not only accusing her of staying because she's an alleged money-grubber & social climber, but it is also ignoring the psycho-spiritual influence of her upbringing.

The Duggar money train has derailed - thanks to her husband's actions. I don't think anything or anyone can salvage a new TLC reality show that will feature any of the Duggar clan anytime soon or if ever, so the assertion that Anna is only staying for the money is not based on reality, IMO.

As far as I'm concerned, Anna is a female victim in an extremely abusive patriarchal cult. If anything, Anna is choosing to stay (IMO) because she's been indoctrinated (throughout her life) to believe without question that she is worthless without a husband, that she has no choice, that she has no voice, and that she has no power whatsoever.

I pray that she awakens to realize that she has been lied to her entire life - that she has been held hostage to vicious, agenda-driven hypocrisy. I pray that she awakens to realize her own worth, her own choices, her own power. I pray that she finds her own voice.

If there was ever a circumstance that requires the citing of this verse, it's now: Jesus wept.

http://reformersrecovery.com/first-step-to-recovery

Here's how they plan to change Josh:

Not sure why anyone would think it will work this time if it never worked the previous times he prayed...? I'm sure there have been lots of prayers over the years. Perhaps it is thought that suddenly and unexpectedly this is the first time he means it?

In reference to the quoted bit about the simple prayer JD needs to pray from his heart:

I can't find the smilie I'm looking for, the one that means "What a giant load of crap."

"All of humanity is woman-borne.

Our Wisdom cannot be lost and our Spirits cannot be broken.

Awaken to your Power.

Our Wisdom cannot be lost and our Spirits cannot be broken." ~ Sheila Chandra

[video=youtube;I5bsJlcnIyU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5bsJlcnIyU[/video]

it's being mentioned that he is here:

http://ruhomes.org/

http://reformersrecovery.com/schools
The Reformers Unanimous Schools of Discipleship is a six month intensive discipleship programs for men and women with addictions. They provide a reconstructive learning atmosphere where the addicted can be discipled in an environment that is much like a greenhouse. The addict is protected from the elements of life as they become grounded, rooted and begin to grow and mature. Their residential treatment homes that are intended for the “non-functioning” addict can effectively minister to up to 100 men and 40 ladies.

Which explains the Rockford, IL Duggar plane landing the other night:
http://ruhomes.org/about-us/about-rockford

Are they certified? Has anyone ever heard of them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I'm glad Josh is away from Anna for a little while I'm skeptical about the notion of Josh needing to go to an addiction program. It just seems like yet another way to deflect blame; Josh is "addicted" to *advertiser censored*, Josh is "addicted" to adultery. Really? How about Josh is just like the other men who joined AM - selfish, self-absorbed entitled men who were looking for a good time with no strings attached and couldn't be bothered to think about how it might impact their partners?

Why is Josh's case so special? Will it be said that all the men on AM are "addicted?" Will there be a surge of men checking into rehab programs? Nah, I don't think so; the Duggars are attempting to spin Josh's actions as something that's somehow beyond his control when the reality is that he did what he wanted to do and the hell with Anna and his kids and oops! he got caught.

So in six months or so he'll emerge "cured" of this affliction that wasn't really his fault after all and he and Anna can hit the (paid) public appearance circuit to talk about how he came back from the Devil's clutches. Another success story. Bah.

And as for the rehab - there's nothing I can find on the website that indicates any professional mental health staff:

http://ruhomes.org/about-us/staff

So really, it's just another, more expensive version of Josh's prior "counseling." Which makes me wonder about the so-called counseling Anna is receiving.

Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"All of humanity is woman-borne.

Our Wisdom cannot be lost and our Spirits cannot be broken.

Awaken to your Power.

Our Wisdom cannot be lost and our Spirits cannot be broken." ~ Sheila Chandra

[video=youtube;I5bsJlcnIyU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5bsJlcnIyU[/video]
Beautiful, powerful. Thank you for sharing.

She was raised in a cult, indoctrinated to believe her destiny is nothing more than being wife and mother, given no real educational opportunities beyond the basics, engaged on her 18th birthday to a man she'd never been alone with and wouldn't be alone with until after their wedding, constantly impregnated, instructed to be subservient to her husband, taught that she must submit to her husband whenever he wants and that his sexual excesses are due to her failings, compelled to forgive, and if she leaves him she will no doubt be shunned by almost everyone she's ever known and loved. Why doesn't she leave? Oh, right. She must be a gold digger.

I'm not sure I totally agree with you. Many pedophiles (even very prolific ones) have normal sexual relationships with adults. That's what is so terrifying about them. They can be in normally functioning nonsexual relationships and there is rarely an inkling. I think a pedophiles sexual preference is always children, but that doesn't mean they are only attracted to children. In fact, I think that is rarely the case. I worked at an advocacy center and it was quite scary how most men (and women, though I personally dealt with only 2 cases involving women) had completely normal and average sexual relationships with adults.

I don't think JD was ever really going to have a "normal" sexual relationship, but I don't think that caused him to molest his sisters. IMO, I think he is likely someone who has an attraction to adults, but a preference to children.

I am aware that child molesters often/usually have adult sexual partners and some pedophiles as well (but I don't think they are as successful and I've read they may over-estimate their adult experiences in order to seem normal). However, Josh fits the profile of a child molester and not a pedophile, IMO, for several reasons that, when taken together, make me think he is likely not a pedophile:

1. To be diagnosed as a pedophile, one must be at least 16 at the time of the offense. Josh was 14 and 15.

2. To be a pedophile, one must be at least 5 years older than his or her under 13 year old victims. In Josh's case, he was 5 years older than some but not all of his victims at the time of the assaults. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...wJ-gDA&usg=AFQjCNHFRbxkDfFrBUlJ15_vGktnM-xlIg

3. Pedophiles tend to abuse non-family members more often than they abuse family. The victim's we know about in Josh's case are predominately family.

4. Pedophiles tend to work or be involved in organizations or jobs that involve children. That's not Josh.

5. Pedophiles tend to not be comfortable with adult relationships. In josh's case, there is evidence he is excited by sex with adults, he has adult friends and seems comfortable with his poor wife. (Even though he cheats on her).

6. Child molesters are less likely to be rearrested for child molestation, and are less likely to re-offend when their crimes were incestuous ones, while pedophiles have a very high recidivism rate. Josh has not been rearrested or accused as we know since back then.

7. Child molesters have fewer victims than pedophiles, who can have victims numbering the hundreds. In this case, Josh had 5 victims which is a lot, but all but one were in his family.

8. Child molesters tend to have appropriate relationships with peers and may be married, as opposed to pedophiles whose relationships with peers aren't very good and who aren't married as much. Josh appears to have normal peer relationships with males his age and he is married. And clearly is very into women.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...sg=AFQjCNGrxe-2FMR1CUM940xHCu2mI6ke_A&cad=rja

Many women stay in abusive marriages due to financial constraints - which is a very practical concern when trying to support a family on one's own (especially when a woman has no higher education and no job skills).

It ain't easy, and anyone who says it is, is either a fool or a liar or both.

Accusing Anna of staying by her husband's side and refusing to leave because she's used to the "good life" is not only accusing her of staying because she's an alleged money-grubber & social climber, but it is also ignoring the psycho-spiritual influence of her upbringing.

The Duggar money train has derailed - thanks to her husband's actions. I don't think anything or anyone can salvage a new TLC reality show that will feature any of the Duggar clan anytime soon or if ever, so the assertion that Anna is only staying for the money is not based on reality, IMO.

As far as I'm concerned, Anna is a female victim in an extremely abusive patriarchal cult. If anything, Anna is choosing to stay (IMO) because she's been indoctrinated (throughout her life) to believe without question that she is worthless without a husband, that she has no choice, that she has no voice, and that she has no power whatsoever.

I pray that she awakens to realize that she has been lied to her entire life - that she has been held hostage to vicious, agenda-driven hypocrisy. I pray that she awakens to realize her own worth, her own choices, her own power. I pray that she finds her own voice.

If there was ever a circumstance that requires the citing of this verse, it's now: Jesus wept.

Bravo.

In reference to the quoted bit about the simple prayer JD needs to pray from his heart:

I can't find the smilie I'm looking for, the one that means "What a giant load of crap."

You mean this?:
taajpooomslvyaio0hko.jpg

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct...QbXQv2iA8Gt6eSfqAzgwkcHg&ust=1440720782894493

At this point I am not sure exactly what Josh is??? Many of us have been waiting for shoe/s to drop and they have. IMO he is not getting the help he needs and I shudder to think of the future. The future for Anna and their Children. I cant even imagine a life like that. Will she continue having children with him? Dear gawd it just keeps getting worse. There are other Duggar children yet to even enter their teens. What will their future be? One out of 19 clearly has issues. Will there be others? Points to ponder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member