MA - Conrad Roy, 18, urged by friend, commits suicide, Fairhaven, 13 July 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
that PDF containing details and quotes of the many texts sent to this young man was very illuminating and disturbing read. Thanks to believe09 for posting the link.

I kept imagining if I ran across those texts after my son committed suicide. And just thinking about it, filled me with a rage. No excuses.

I kept imagining if I ran across those texts after my son committed suicide. And just thinking about it, filled me with a rage. No excuses.

And then the texts and phone calls to his family. Reveling in their pain perhaps? Checking to see if they suspected? I think LE did a beautiful job gathering evidence and building their case. I bet the DA went long and hard with the bullying statutes to see if this crime would fit, but his responses to her texts for sure didnt make the bullying obvious. Subtle though.

Releasing the discovery related to the grand jury indictment was an important step-this relationship was not one of equals in that one was determined to do harm to the other, but the weapon chosen was Roy's vulnerability. Again, not free speech imvho. And this wont be the last time she does it, and was unlikely to be the first.

I wonder if LE has her medical records-I am sure they do. I wonder if they will be able to have her examined by their own experts...perhaps only if she raises a psych defense. Rock meet hard place.

She is prohibited from using social media directly, so she enlists her family if the Disney trip is any indication. But she isnt prohibited from googling herself I suspect. Maybe she is ok with the nearly unanimous (now) revulsion people feel towards her-some of the comments I have read on the media sites are really harsh. What a disappointment she must be to those who love/loved her-but then again I suspect she is really clear on that now.

The whole thing is horrifying and reading the texts are like looking into the mind of evil.

There are worse texts but for some reason this one exchange really bugs me:

Conrad (opening a new convo I assume) - how was your day?
Carter - are you gonna do it?

She didn't care to ask how his day was and she didn't care that he cared how her day was, she only wanted to know when he was gonna " do it." That's bullying.

The whole thing is horrifying and reading the texts are like looking into the mind of evil.

She didn't care to ask how his day was and she didn't care that he cared how her day was, she only wanted to know when he was gonna " do it." That's bullying.

That caught my attention but left me wondering about the time stamps on the texts. Were they cross texting? Because she answers the question in her next text iirc. I'd need more info to exclude the possibility they cross texted.

Thank you for posting this one-I agree...the coldness there is pretty breathtaking.

I think she is despicable but he is still dead because he killed himself. I think she should have an accessory charge or maybe a messing with someone with diminished mental capacity.. But he still killed himself alone.

I don't like when others are prosecuted for suicides.. It is still up to the individual to do it or not.

I think she is despicable but he is still dead because he killed himself. I think she should have an accessory charge or maybe a messing with someone with diminished mental capacity.. But he still killed himself alone.

I don't like when others are prosecuted for suicides.. It is still up to the individual to do it or not.

But you would agree with me that if you're close to someone who is suicidal, you get them help. You don't motivate them to kill themselves. She is akin to Manson. Dude didn't really kill anyone. Yet he is living for the rest of his sorry life in Corcoran prison.

But you would agree with me that if you're close to someone who is suicidal, you get them help. You don't motivate them to kill themselves. She is akin to Manson. Dude didn't really kill anyone. Yet he is living for the rest of his sorry life in Corcoran prison.

I don't think she has anything on Manson.. What she was was a manipulative witch who pulled Conrads strings and he let her.
She definitely is evil and needs a whole team of people to figure that mess out, but she did not kill him.

I don't think she has anything on Manson.. What she was was a manipulative witch who pulled Conrads strings and he let her.
She definitely is evil and needs a whole team of people to figure that mess out, but she did not kill him.
I disagree with the assertion that "he let her." He was vulnerable. He didn't willfully allow her to victimize him any more than any other victim "lets" the perp hurt them. That feels very victim blamey to me.

Sent from my LG-D321 using Tapatalk

I disagree with the assertion that "he let her." He was vulnerable. He didn't willfully allow her to victimize him any more than any other victim "lets" the perp hurt them. That feels very victim blamey to me.

It is not. He took his own life. I don't think she made him do it. She was not even there. He gave her the power she had over him. Most likely due to his age and the bf/gf dynamic, but she did not make him kill himself. He could have at any time decided not to.

I think she is a despicable person. A cruel and ugly hearted person. I feel like she felt that if he died she would be more important in a very distorted teenage angst kind of way. I remember being that age and all the crazy poems that girls would pass around about couples dying together or him dying and leaving her alone.
Not saying any of this was right.
But this poor boy killed himself. ALONE.

He didn't "let her" pull his strings any more than any victim "lets" their abuser do abuse them.

He was ill, vulnerable, and at risk. He was ripe for someone to abuse and take advantage of. If it weren't for her pushing him the way she did I believe he would still be here. At the very least she should have gotten him some help. Wait. I take that back, at the very least she could have walked away and not kept pressuring him into suicide. Maybe if he'd been free of her he would have had a chance to live.

He didn't "let her" pull his strings any more than any victim "lets" their abuser do abuse them.

He was ill, vulnerable, and at risk. He was ripe for someone to abuse and take advantage of. If it weren't for her pushing him the way she did I believe he would still be here. At the very least she should have gotten him some help. Wait. I take that back, at the very least she could have walked away and not kept pressuring him into suicide. Maybe if he'd been free of her he would have had a chance to live.

I don't think so. I think if she was a normal right person she would have called his family and let them know what was going on but she is not .She is crazy. and Damaged.

But he still killed himself all alone in a the truck. It is called Suicide for a reason.

I am curious how this will turn out.

Bluesneakers- I totally agree with you. She is evil and knew he tried to commit suicide before. Had it not been for her being a total cheerleader encouraging him, clarifying how to set up the CO2 and suggesting a parking lot at dusk- this young man may still be here on this green Earth.
NO ONE will convince me otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When people want to die, they do it. I have learned the hard way not much can be done to stop it. I don't think she made him do it but I do think her actions made it impossible for him to get help.

When people want to die, they do it. I have learned the hard way not much can be done to stop it. I don't think she made him do it but I do think her actions made it impossible for him to get help.
In my eyes even if "all" she did was make it impossible to get help I still don't find that acceptable at all! He killed himself but she was complicit. She not only encouraged him but feverishly and deliberately misled the people who could and would have helped him.

She deliberately, actively, and with nefarious intent withheld assistance for a vulnerable endangered person. This wasn't a passive act of negligence. This was purposeful damage.

Agree. In fact he tried to NOT do it but she had control and he had diminished capacity. She was the controller who victimized him as the abused.
To say he was "alone" is not exactly true, if you understand how young people see and experience the technology of texting. For all intents and purposes she was right next to him instructing him, badgering him, demanding he get back in, etc. All the while lying about what he was doing rather than calling for help!

MOO

rsbm

Did you bother reading the texts?

http://ftpcontent2.worldnow.com/whdh/pdf/150821-CT-Suicide-transcirpt.pdf

In a certain way, he certainly wasn't 'alone'.

I am all for personal responsibility, but I don't feel like he really wanted to do it either. He tried to have normal convos with this girl, she continuously redirected and pressured him to do this. It's not the other way around as is often seen where a person is asking for aid in committing suicide. She bullied him and manipulated him into believing he should do this when he was so obviously wanting someone to help him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288