ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's in the unedited version as well. Unless the unedited version is edited?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Somebody said it looked like it had been cut in a couple of places, so maybe.

I don't think there's any such thing as completely unedited these days, unfortunately :(

At this point I'm thinking IR didn't lay eyes on little Deorr, thus the 99% versus 100% statement.
I think red flags would have popped up all over the place if IR did not confirm DeOrr had been there.

Investigators have questioned everybody several times and if there was any deception they would have spotted it.

I suppose there is the possibility IR was down fishing when the family came back from the store and he did not see DeOrr during that time period .

But if the child did not come back with the parents how could the grandfather have seen him.

The grandfather is an older man on supplemental oxygen who apparently still drives , I think it is an error to label him as a demented person gasping his last breath.

I find the "99% sure he was at the campsite" comment interesting. Does he mean on Thursday or on Friday or on the trip at all? In my mind, I have never questioned that he arrived with them on Thursday night. I just don't know for sure that they slept at Timber Creek campground. If they slept elsewhere, then that would obviously not put him at the campsite on Thursday. If something happened to Deorr either before, during, or after, their trip to the store in Leadore on Friday morning, then perhaps he did not ever actually make it to the Timber Creek campsite. I wish I knew where they camped Thursday night in order to make more sense of the sheriff's comment.

<modsnip>

I think you have a huge point here desert blue. Where were they from Thursday night at 9:30 and Friday at the time of the 911 call. Anyone really know?

Just something I wanted to mention. I was watching a new tv show last night..something cops and robbers. It was interesting.

But at one point the detective said 'The FBI is involved and they only are called in on Criminal Investigations'.

Kind of caught my attention.

Didn't the sheriff call it a Crime Scene.

So we have a Criminal Investigation, a crime scene and 3 or 4 POI's.

Interesting.

MOO

I think you have a huge point here desert blue. Where were they from Thursday night at 9:30 and Friday at the time of the 911 call. Anyone really know?

I thought I read somewhere they slept in the back of grandpa's Suburban and grandpa slept in the camper.

So they had to be at the campground with grandpa.

MOO

He definitely left the public spokesperson-like role because we haven't seen him. Vanished. Even though he was setting up a tip line and wanted it to get media attn.

That leads me to speculate that he has left the case. When he came onboard I anticipated that he would be a strong public advocate for the family to get attention about the stranger abduction the family believed to have happened, unless his own investigation gave him reason to believe that something other than an abduction occurred. In that case, I believed he would just drop the case and vanish. I am still inclined to think that has happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am wondering if the parents were hoping that if a PI was saying that Deorr was abducted, that the public would start to think it was a possibility. When this "staring man" at the store was not seen as a viable suspect by case followers, they parted ways.

IMO, something is definitely up. I read this article and the comments were more interesting than the actual article. http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/0...on-deorr-kunz-this-will-come-to-a-resolution/

Hmm. Going radio silent suddenly isn't a good sign IMO. There appears to be much more to this story. LE is keeping a lot of information close to the vest. When the PI said he would get to the bottom of it, maybe he did and it's not the outcome the parents wanted him to find. It may get more grim. I hope I am wrong but my gut tells me otherwise. Clearly just a hypothesis! My opinion. I was hoping for a better outcome for this beautiful little boy. Is it just me or is there a spike in kids missing while camping this year?!

Although it DOES seem as though more people (not just children) have gone missing while camping and hiking over the past few years, they seem to have been increasing steadily. Here's a 1984 case almost identical to the disappearance of little Deorr. As it turns out, there is a WS Found thread on this little girl which was begun in 2010 I believe. Here's a link to a two-part article written by her father that gives a general overview. From there you can Google additional articles.

http://www.lacp.org/2010-Articles-Main/092010-TheMysteryOfLauraBradbury.htm

I am also including a link to a book that covers Laura's disappearance as well as others.

https://books.google.com/books?id=q...q=laura bradbury cougar mountain lion&f=false

Just something I wanted to mention. I was watching a new tv show last night..something cops and robbers. It was interesting.

But at one point the detective said 'The FBI is involved and they only are called in on Criminal Investigations'.

Kind of caught my attention.

Didn't the sheriff call it a Crime Scene.

So we have a Criminal Investigation, a crime scene and 3 or 4 POI's.

Interesting.

MOO

The FBI has a number of resource units that local LE can call on for advice, advanced testing, specialized knowledge, etc. https://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/law-enforcement

I know, because if they camped at Timber Creek on Thursday night then there would be two additional witnesses that would place Deorr at the campsite (great-grandpa and IR) and you'd think that would be enough for the sheriff to be 100% sure he was there. If he isn't 100% sure, then he thinks there is a 1% chance that great-grandpa and/or IR is/are lying, OR they didn't camp at Timber Creek on Thursday. I'm thinking it's the latter because he has said that he thinks IR is being honest. If he is referring to the campsite as being Timber Creek campground and that is not where they camped Thursday night, then that might account for the 1% uncertainty of Deorr being there. Maybe great-grandpa and IR did not see him at Timber Creek campground on Friday and thus the 1%. If DK and JM got up and went to the store in the morning alone ("as a family," without great-grandpa and IR) and then they were all to meet back up again at the new campsite (Timber Creek), it is possible that when DK and JM arrived at Timber Creek, IR and great-grandpa could have just assumed Deorr was there even though they didn't actually lay eyes on him (maybe they thought he was asleep in the truck or something, or maybe IR was out fishing)? Just thinking. MOO.

I thought I read somewhere they slept in the back of grandpa's Suburban and grandpa slept in the camper.

So they had to be at the campground with grandpa.

MOO

But it could have been a different campground or they just pulled off the road somewhere due to their late arrival...

Mom and dad took off while leaving baby with great grandpa and friend.

The boy wasn't sleep. So why journey off without him on the family camping trip so early in the day?

I'm not buying this at all.

The only way I could understand is if the parents said that we took off to smoke a doobie and we didn't want our son to see us. But their taking off solo is just mind blowing at the moment. Jmo.

Although it DOES seem as though more people (not just children) have gone missing while camping and hiking over the past few years, they seem to have been increasing steadily. Here's a case almost identical to the disappearance of little Deorr. As it turns out, there is a WS Found thread on this little girl which was begun in 2010 I believe. Here's a link to a two-part article written by her father that gives a general overview. From there you can Google additional articles.

I am also including a link to a book that covers Laura's disappearance as well as others.

https://books.google.com/books?id=q...q=laura bradbury cougar mountain lion&f=false

Do you know how the rate of people going missing relates to the population? Like are people going missing at or close to the same rate the population is increasing overall?

Mom and dad took off while leaving baby with great grandpa and friend.

The boy wasn't sleep. So why journey off without him on the family camping trip so early in the day?

I'm not buying this at all.

The only way I could understand is if the parents said that we took off to smoke a doobie and we didn't want our son to see us. But their taking off solo is just mind blowing at the moment. Jmo.

Imagine if they actually came out and said that though.

Although it DOES seem as though more people (not just children) have gone missing while camping and hiking over the past few years, they seem to have been increasing steadily. Here's a case almost identical to the disappearance of little Deorr. As it turns out, there is a WS Found thread on this little girl which was begun in 2010 I believe. Here's a link to a two-part article written by her father that gives a general overview. From there you can Google additional articles.

Wow. We used to camp there when I was little -- not long before this happened, actually, but I've never heard of the story before. It's tragic. I cannot understand what the parents must go through in cases like this one.

Imagine if they actually came out and said that though.

I would at least understand their thinking process for why they ventured off while supposedly leaving him with elderly people who obviously didn't know where the kid was at.

It's not like he had other kids to play with. So I definitely would like to know why they ventured off during the time the boy went missing?

But it could have been a different campground or they just pulled off the road somewhere due to their late arrival...

If they did stay at a different campground Thursday night or just pulled off the road, don't you think the sheriff would have cleared that up when he cleared up the date they arrived?

If ggp and IR drove to the campsite in the Suburban pulling the camper, and DK and JM drove DK's black truck, they would have had to meet up on Thursday night for the parents and DeOrr to sleep in the Suburban. I can see how ggp and IR wouldn't see him that night if DeOrr was already asleep in the truck and ggp and IR were sleeping in the camper and tent when DeOrr was moved to the Suburban for the night. If the "family" went to the store in the morning before setting up camp or hanging out with ggp or IR (baby sleeping late), they could have left for the store without ggp or IR ever seeing him. There have been reports that ggp was watching the baby, but I don't have a link and haven't heard it straight from ggp's mouth, so it's possible that report was relayed by someone else. Upon returning from the store, DK and JM could have gone exploring. Maybe left DeOrr sleeping in his unbuckled car seat? Afterwards, they could ask ggp where DeOrr was, and ggp would be shocked if he hadn't seen him at the campground yet. JMO.

Do you know how the rate of people going missing relates to the population? Like are people going missing at or close to the same rate the population is increasing overall?

I'm sure "they" say the same as they do for the increase in shark attacks. More people in the water equals more shark bites . . . . More people in the forest equals more disappearances. Stands to reason, no?! Yeah, RIGHT!!

Was it planned for them to arrive at the campsite the night before? Don't most families try to get there early to set up everything and not late at night when baby is in tow and darkness is everywhere while sleeping in a vehicle?

Was this trip planned like this?

If they did stay at a different campground Thursday night or just pulled off the road, don't you think the sheriff would have cleared that up when he cleared up the date they arrived?

It took them over a month to clear up that they did in fact arrive on Thursday instead of Friday, and they have not been very forthcoming with any details, so no I don't necessarily think the sheriff would have cleared it up.... MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value