Australia Australia - Robyn Santen, 36, Perth, 8 Aug 2015

No one withdraws money from an ATM the end of the night out to commit suicide

Did she take a towel to go for a swim? Personal items left in the car. No towel on the beach.

All personal effects left in the vehicle.

Kimberley st, down Oceanic drive to City Beach was "The Old Plank road". One of the first roads in the area. A heritage trail.

(edited to add: this is in reply to crabstick's post - don't know how to include it after the fact)

I agree with you regarding the money, but it all depends when she took it out, and what she did with it.

Did she take out money to pay for her drinks/taxi, or did she withdraw her maximum and leave it at home for her family.

I don't know if she went into the house after she returned by cab, or if she just transferred to her car and took off.

The money could be key as to what her intentions were, or again could have just been to pay for her expenses that particular night.

That's where we will struggle. We don't know the events of the night. With pay pass credit card payments, is there a need to even need cash for a cab these days? We don't know who Robyn was with at the Grapeskin bar which is on cnr William st and James st.

On the surface of it, it looks like she went out, came home at around 11pm, had an argument with hubbie, then drove down the beach. Left the keys in the car, went for a swim fully clothed and drowned herself around midnight. It sounds like there was marital issues?

On the Imbolc day by coincidence. Its a wicca holiday. Corryn Rayney went missing on the 7/8/2015
Is there some law, set your husband up on seasonal events?
Imbolc or Imbolg (pronounced i-MOLG ), also called (Saint) Brigid's Day (Irish: Lá Fhéile Bríde, Scottish Gaelic: Là Fhèill Brìghde, Manx: Laa'l Breeshey), is a Gaelic festival marking the beginning of spring

Maybe she planned it all. Said her goodbyes, and swam to the horizon.
Wheres the body? It was a very calm day. A major police search happened next day, including helicopters.
Have police reconfirmed there is no suspicious circumstances, as they did the day after her disappearance?
Like someone said, it has gone quiet in the media fast.

That's where we will struggle. We don't know the events of the night. With pay pass credit card payments, is there a need to even need cash for a cab these days? We don't know who Robyn was with at the Grapeskin bar which is on cnr William st and James st.

On the surface of it, it looks like she went out, came home at around 11pm, had an argument with hubbie, then drove down the beach. Left the keys in the car, went for a swim fully clothed and drowned herself around midnight. It sounds like there was marital issues?

On the Imbolc day by coincidence. Its a wicca holiday. Corryn Rayney went missing on the 7/8/2015
Is there some law, set your husband up on seasonal events?
Imbolc or Imbolg (pronounced i-MOLG ), also called (Saint) Brigid's Day (Irish: Lá Fhéile Bríde, Scottish Gaelic: Là Fhèill Brìghde, Manx: Laa'l Breeshey), is a Gaelic festival marking the beginning of spring

Maybe she planned it all. Said her goodbyes, and swam to the horizon.
Wheres the body? It was a very calm day. A major police search happened next day, including helicopters.
Have police reconfirmed there is no suspicious circumstances, as they did the day after her disappearance?
Like someone said, it has gone quiet in the media fast.

I don't like it when a woman comes home and then goes missing. Their cars are found and the phone is always in it! And the spouse or the BF is the last to see them.
JMO

Im hearing you. Im just wondering what happened in those hours post the taxi. That would mean he left very young children at home? Or drove with them in the car?
That would mean a body is very close? Not much time to do something.

Mrs Santen, who has a two-year-old toddler and a child in primary

Her car was found abandoned in a car park at City Beach on Sunday, with the keys and some of her personal belongings inside.
http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...en-at-city-beach/story-fnhocxo3-1227478378639

Mrs Santen has more than 12 years experience in the oil and gas industry, working with Clough, ICP Solutions and most recently Technip as a senior contracts engineer. She worked on Shell's Prelude floating LNG project off the Kimberley coast. She studied at the the University of Western Australia, graduating with a Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) and a Bachelor of Commerce.
https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/wa/a/29232101/robyns-family-make-plea/

I don't like it when a woman comes home and then goes missing. Their cars are found and the phone is always in it! And the spouse or the BF is the last to see them.
JMO

Im hearing you. Im just wondering what happened in those hours post the taxi. That would mean he left very young children at home? Or drove with them in the car?
That would mean a body is very close? Not much time to do something.

She is not at the beach! JMO

How far from her home was the car found?

7.4km round about, due west. I don't know the exact position of the car, but based on media pics, its west 270 within 10 metres.

She is not at the beach! JMO

How far from her home was the car found?

He could not comment on phone calls made from a payphone located on the rayneys' street on august 7 and august 8, 2007, which were made to the home of eades' sister.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Corryn-Rayney-44-Como-WA-7-August-2007/page49

attachment.php

Conservatively speaking 20 minutes including traffic controls.

How would he get home, if he was involved and drove the car to the beach? More people involved?

So her home was not all that far away. Right?

Maybe the body is between the car and home, Here is Rayney mapping. "If" Lloyd Rayney was involved. How would he get home? The car damaged.

That would mean they would have to have a car preorganised to drive back home. Maybe police should be checking bushland near where Santens car was found?

JMO
Agree. Reminds me of baden clay case and corryn (sp)

Agree. Reminds me of baden clay case and corryn (sp)
And why is it so quiet? Surely they would have found some money activity or something if she was still alive. Very sad for her kids for sure :(
WOOPs was meant to add to my post not quote it lol

Just had a post from the we miss you robyn fb page and it says they won't be posting much during the search and rescue phase... What does that even mean? I know I'm not in that situation but I would be trying to go viral to get the story out there :/

Just had a post from the we miss you robyn fb page and it says they won't be posting much during the search and rescue phase... What does that even mean? I know I'm not in that situation but I would be trying to go viral to get the story out there :/
Search and rescue sounds like Robyn has drowned.

Hi love! I think you may have mis-read the FB post as it says they won't be posting as much as they did during the search and rescue phase. Which sounds to me like there are no active searches planned, so they have nothing to update?

Nothing new folks. We won't update this page as much as during the search and rescue phase, though the police continue their investigation.

HI!! But they have done the search of the beach and haven't said any new evidence saying she did drown. They just put the video footage out then nothing :(

I think they must have a fairly good idea about what her state of mind at the time was and have deduced what happened to her?

Unrelated - anytime I subscribe for instant updates to a thread, it only works sporadically. Does anyone else have this issue?

If she drowned, she should float back up soon. She'll turn up in that case, probably on the beach 😐
The swell was quite big that day but not wind.

I just find it a bit weird. If she had problems (and I know not everyone is the same) and they were that bad that she did go swimming to drown herself then how did she manage to control herself with friends out drinking? I've been at the the lowest point in my life before and it's not pretty. There was no way I could have gone out. In fact I had stopped going out at all except anything child related. Even then I only just held it together. I just have a feeling something is missing from this puzzle and it's going unnoticed :/

Maybe the decision for suicide was made at the point of arriving home from the pub?
I hope they find her, for closure, whether she wants that or not. So many people including police concerned for her well being.
There is no suggestion she ocean swam often. We could then presume Great White shark.
I just find it a bit weird. If she had problems (and I know not everyone is the same) and they were that bad that she did go swimming to drown herself then how did she manage to control herself with friends out drinking? I've been at the the lowest point in my life before and it's not pretty. There was no way I could have gone out. In fact I had stopped going out at all except anything child related. Even then I only just held it together. I just have a feeling something is missing from this puzzle and it's going unnoticed :/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back