MD - Freddie Gray dies in police custody #3 *INDICTMENT*

Status
Not open for further replies.
wanted to make sure i heard greta correctly - she went as far to say that the defense has somebody on the prosecution team feeding them info - cause there's no way they'd have such specific details:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/43885258...reddie-gray-case/?intcmp=hpvid1#sp=show-clips

the judge better get both sides in court and get this straightened out.

INTERESTING. I bet there are people on the prosecution team that are not comfortable with this ride Mosley is taking them on.

INTERESTING. I bet there are people on the prosecution team that are not comfortable with this ride Mosley is taking them on.

yup! trying to remember the former employee who has spoken out - i think her 1st name is pat? hope we hear from her - as well as get pdf documents

Defense says prosecutor steered police away from evidence Freddie Gray had history of 'crash for cash' schemes

The police detectives who investigated the death of Freddie Gray were told that he had a history of participating in "crash-for-cash" schemes — injuring himself in law enforcement settings to collect settlements — but were advised by a state prosecutor not to pursue the information, according to defense attorneys for the six officers charged in Gray's arrest and death.

Assistant State's Attorney Janice Bledsoe told police investigators working the case in its early stages not to "do the defense attorneys' jobs for them" by pursuing information they had about such schemes and evidence that Gray "intentionally injured himself at the Baltimore City Detention Center."

Bledsoe, the lead prosecutor in the case against the officers, represented Gray in a 2012 case in which he pleaded guilty to possession of cocaine.

The defense attorneys argued that her alleged statement "would seem to indicate some level of knowledge that exculpatory evidence exists which could benefit the officers charged in Mr. Gray's death and that the prosecutor did not want this information uncovered by investigators."

Mosby's office has said there is little precedent for removing prosecutors on the grounds raised by the defense.

The defense said that's true — but "not surprising since the actions of the [state's attorney's office] and its attorneys in the Freddie Gray case are unprecedented."

"Rarely," they wrote, "do prosecutors inject themselves so deeply into the fabric of an investigation — as State's Attorney Mosby and her prosecutors have done — to make themselves material witnesses in a case in which they are supposed to act as lawyers."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...md-ci-gray-recusal-filing-20150806-story.html

hmmm - will it be 6 trials or 2? snippets from a very lengthy article

While Williams has limited arguments on the dismissal and recusal motions to 15 minutes per motion per side, he has not put a time limit on arguments about severing the trials.

No audio or video recording will be allowed, and phones and other devices must be turned off inside the courtroom — standard restrictions in Maryland. Sheriff's deputies will increase patrols on the second floor of the courthouse, and no one will be allowed to "loiter," the order says.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...d-ci-gray-hearing-preview-20150829-story.html

Today is a big day in the Freddie Gray case! Today the six accused will be in court for a pre-trial hearing

http://www.local10.com/news/freddie...692?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Several things could happen during the pretrial hearing, including:

- Mosby's office could be recused.

- The case could be dismissed for prosecutorial misconduct.

- The court could discuss how and whether the officers will be tried together or separately.

BBM I am hoping that the judge will throw out all the charges and that Mosby gets charged with prosecutorial misconduct.

My office downtown is already closed in anticipation of what may happen today. I hope all stays peaceful.

The judge has denied both dismissal and recusal motions.

A few relevant tweets from WBAL:

From Baltimore police: A number of protestors are in and around the downtown area. The overwhelming majority are peaceful and law-abiding. We are continuing to encourage all protestors to act in a lawful manner.

This morning, one person was arrested for blocking a roadway in the area of Pratt St. and Calvert St. and failing to leave after being warned to do so. Contrary to some reports on social media, there was no Taser deployment during this arrest.

While we respect everyone’s right to peacefully protest, we will not allow people to block roadways.

One officer sustained minor injuries this morning while assisting with the arrest. His injuries did not require hospitalization.

by Greg Ng/wbaltv.com 11:06 AM

10:59 AM - 02 Sep 2015

Twitter
Greg Ng/wbaltv.com

@wbaltv11

Judge Williams said he was troubled by some comments by Mosby during 5/1 pressure but didn't rise to level of recusal in #FreddieGray case

10:57 AM - 02 Sep 2015

Twitter
Greg Ng/wbaltv.com

@wbaltv11

Judge says up to attorney grievance commission to rule on professional misconduct in #FreddieGray case.

11:17 AM - 02 Sep 2015
Twitter
Kevin Rector
@RectorSun
Judge Williams also told defense & prosecutors to cut out "name calling" and "over the top rhetoric" in search of sound bites. #FreddieGray

--------------

So, it looks like no dismissal, no recusal, no prosecutorial misconduct -- in short, no surprises. I am happy that the judge is attempting to tone down the rhetoric. It does seem that many people are buying into it.

Kevin Rector
@RectorSun
Judge Williams called defense argument that @MarilynMosbyEsq has conflict bc husband on City Council "condescending." #FreddieGray

Some tweets from Baltimore Sun reporter:
11:17 AM - 02 Sep 2015

Twitter
Kevin Rector

@RectorSun

Judge Williams also told defense & prosecutors to cut out "name calling" and "over the top rhetoric" in search of sound bites. #FreddieGray

11:12 AM - 02 Sep 2015

Twitter
Kevin Rector

@RectorSun

Told we will return to the courtroom at 2 p.m. for arguments on whether officers should be tried together or separately. #FreddieGray

11:05 AM - 02 Sep 2015

Twitter
Justin Fenton

@justin_fenton

So with that, case continues w hearing next wk on change of venue request.Bottom line is charges are unchanged, @baltimoresao still attached

Prosecutorial misconduct charges to be determined by Attorney Grievance Commission, according to Judge Williams. (Tweet above)

Sharp words for both sides by the Judge:

10:01 AM - 02 Sep 2015

Twitter
Greg Ng/wbaltv.com

@wbaltv11

Prosector in #FreddieGray case said Mosby was speaking only on public record and trying to calm city. Judge Williams said not SAOs job

10:51 AM - 02 Sep 2015

Twitter
Justin Fenton

@justin_fenton

Both motions DENIED by Judge Williams, who dinged up both sides a little but ultimately said the requests were beyond his authority

9:51 AM - 02 Sep 2015

Twitter
Justin Fenton

@justin_fenton

But Williams also indicated many of the issues raised were for later hearings, and def was seeking too extreme of a remedy

9:49 AM - 02 Sep 2015

Twitter
Justin Fenton

@justin_fenton

He also told Deputy State's Attorney Schatzow that it was "inappropriate, & you know it" for Mosby to remark on whether officers cooperated

9:46 AM - 02 Sep 2015

Twitter
Justin Fenton

@justin_fenton

For example, he questioned whether it was Mosby's "job to calm the city." "Isn't it the prosecutor's job to prosecute cases?"

9:46 AM - 02 Sep 2015

I hope ALL six are aquitted and sue the hell out of Mrs. Mosby.

jmo

I hope ALL six are aquitted and sue the hell out of Mrs. Mosby.

jmo

I don't have enough information to judge, myself, and I don't think anyone in the public does. So I just hope that they get a fair trial and the truth comes out, either way.

Can we all agree that no matter what the outcome, that we wish and/or pray for a non-violent response from the public?
Of course none us want that kind of response from the public, this I know.
It's just that I am concerned, due to what has happened in the past.

I've made it clear where I stand regarding this case.

We are all human beings, no matter what race, creed etc...
Can we at least unite on what I have asked above in my first sentence?

I realize that I "sound" naïve.
Whatever the outcome and no matter what an individual thinks is a fair and just outcome; I'm praying that no other human being is injured or dies.
Acceptance, the serenity prayer etc... whatever it takes to have a bit a peace for once.

I hope that we can all agree that it is very sad that Freddie died and that I wish that this tragedy never happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member