SIDEBAR #53 - Travis Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Magic Oven Cleaner!!
2 oz. Dawn,
4 oz. bottled Lemon Juice,
8 oz. White Vinegar,
10 oz. Water.
The secret is to spray on surface, let sit overnight (or longer) and then wipe with clean, wet cloths to remove residue.
*In the oven, do NOT use heat, just spray, let sit, wipe clean.
*For showers, just spray, rinse and if you like the shine, wipe with dry towels.
*The secret on whatever you chose to clean is to let it sit, then rinse off the residue. Amazing stuff!
*NOTE: In countries where you do not have Dawn, you may substitute a good quality decreasing dish-washing liquid.

Magic Shower Cleaner

Ingredients:
2 oz. Dawn
4 oz. bottled lemon juice
8 oz. white vinegar
10 oz. water

-Mix all ingredients into a spray bottle and gently shake to mix. Spray onto shower and tub walls. Let sit for at least one hour and then rinse with hot water. Unless you have extra build-up of soap scum or water build-up, there is no need to scrub. Once I rinse my shower, I like to dry and buff it down for a sparkling shine! Use this weekly to keep a nice, clean shower!
Note: Do not use "Simply Clean" Dawn. Use the Original.

[video=youtube;xnKOVPXhlnE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnKOVPXhlnE[/video]

15 Surprising Uses for Aluminum Foil

Around the House.

1. Prevent Paint from Dripping on your Doorknobs. Wrap doorknobs and hinges in foil. No need to remove them when you’re repainting a room.

2. Move Heavy Furniture with Ease. Line the legs with aluminum foil, dull side down, and glide that baby across the room. No heavy lifting involved!

3. Fix those Loose Battery Compartments. That remote not holding batteries like it used to? Can’t figure out why that flashlight isn’t working? The springs might be loose. Fold a tiny piece of foil and place it between the spring and the battery.

Fashion & Beauty.

4. Extend the Life of Soap. Store your soap on some foil to prevent it from water, which will wear it away more quickly.

5. Iron Your Clothes in Half the Time. This is my personal favorite: put some foil under your ironing board’s cover and iron your clothes on top of it. Because the foil retains heat, it’ll basically iron both sides at the same time!

6. Protect Your Glasses When You’re Dying Your Hair. The only times I don’t wear my glasses are when I’m sleeping and when I’m in the shower. I just can’t function otherwise! So why would I want to remove them when I’m dying my hair? Line the temples with foil to prevent dye from getting to your glasses.

7. Iron Delicate Fabrics. Is your silk, wool, or rayon garment getting wrinkly? Even though these kinds of fabrics can’t handle direct heat, you can still iron them at home and save money on dry cleaners. Line the top of the ironing board with foil and place the clothing item on top of it. Move the iron a few inches above the item a few times — it’ll get rid of those wrinkles.

Food.

8. Soften Brown Sugar. It’s true, foil works better than a microwave for softening brown sugar. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil, spread the brown sugar on top, and bake for about 5 minutes.

9. Frost a Cake. Who needs fancy pastry bags when you have foil around? Roll foil (if your brand isn’t very strong, do a second layer of foil) into a cone. Leave a tiny opening at the bottom, and fold the top of it down to prevent spillage.

10. Keep Bread Warm. Don’t let those rolls go cold on the dinner table! Line a basket or bowl with foil, and place napkin-wrapped bread in it.

11. Perfect Your Pie Crust. An easy and foolproof method for preventing your pie crust from burning: take the pie out of the oven a little over halfway through the baking process and cover the edge with foil.

Cleaning.

12. Shine Up Your Metals. Line a large pan or bowl with foil, fill it up with cold water and add two teaspoons of salt. Place your rusty metals in the water and let is soak for about three minutes. Rinse the water off and let it dry.

13. Clean your Grill or Fireplace. Line the bottom with foil for easy cleanup after the fun. Forgot to do that? Foil is also good for cleaning off the gunk.

14. Extend the Life of your Steel Wool. That stuff’s expensive — don’t let it go to waste! Store your steel wool on top of a crumpled ball of foil. You can also wrap it in foil and store it in the freezer to lengthen its lifespan.

15. Sharpen Your Scissors. Nobody wants dull scissors! Sharpen them back into shape by cutting through several sheets of foil.

Guess what! I'm so excited I'm about to burst!!! I may have matched a UID to my missing cousin!!!!

Oh, I hope so!! Keep us posted here, please.

attachment.php

HAHA!! My first attached pic post...I think I found the magic codes :giggle:

Uhhhh..... how come it gives me "invalid attachment"?

I just finished reading this book and was one of the most delightful books I have read in a long time! Worth the download :)

Medicine Men: Extreme Appalachian Doctoring Kindle Edition
http://www.amazon.com/Medicine-Men-...1364633&sr=8-1&keywords=the+medicine+man+book

"Medicine Men" is a bestseller. It follows "Heart in the Right Place" which was a Wall Street Journal bestseller and #1 on Amazon in Biography, Memoir, Science, and Medicine.

"Medicine Men" is a extraordinary collection of the most memorable moments from old-school rural physicians who each practiced medicine for more than 50 years in the Southern Appalachian Mountains.

It contains hilarious, heroic, and heartwarming true stories of miracle cures, ghost dogs, and much madcap medical mayhem. Quotations in the book are rendered as they were spoken - in real-life Appalachian dialect.

Jourdan's work is often compared to James Herriot and Bill Bryson. Her first book is on hundreds of lists of best books of the year, best book club books, and funniest books. "Heart in the Right Place" was chosen as Family Circle magazine's first ever Book of the Month and has won many awards, such as the Elle magazine Reader's Prize.

CAROLYN JOURDAN'S
4-Time Wall Street Journal best selling author of heartwarming and heartbreaking memoir, biography, and mystery. Carolyn chronicles tragedy, miracles and madcap medical moments in Appalachian medicine, as well as zany and touching interactions with wildlife in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.

Jourdan's trademark blend of wit, humor, and humanity have earned her high praise from Dolly Parton and Fanny Flagg, as well as from major national newspapers, the New York Public Library, Elle, Family Circle Magazine, and put her work at the top of hundreds of lists of best books of the year and funniest books ever.

I just finished reading this book and was one of the most delightful books I have read in a long time! Worth the download :)

Medicine Men: Extreme Appalachian Doctoring Kindle Edition
http://www.amazon.com/Medicine-Men-...1364633&sr=8-1&keywords=the+medicine+man+book

"Medicine Men" is a bestseller. It follows "Heart in the Right Place" which was a Wall Street Journal bestseller and #1 on Amazon in Biography, Memoir, Science, and Medicine.

"Medicine Men" is a extraordinary collection of the most memorable moments from old-school rural physicians who each practiced medicine for more than 50 years in the Southern Appalachian Mountains.

It contains hilarious, heroic, and heartwarming true stories of miracle cures, ghost dogs, and much madcap medical mayhem. Quotations in the book are rendered as they were spoken - in real-life Appalachian dialect.

Jourdan's work is often compared to James Herriot and Bill Bryson. Her first book is on hundreds of lists of best books of the year, best book club books, and funniest books. "Heart in the Right Place" was chosen as Family Circle magazine's first ever Book of the Month and has won many awards, such as the Elle magazine Reader's Prize.

CAROLYN JOURDAN'S
4-Time Wall Street Journal best selling author of heartwarming and heartbreaking memoir, biography, and mystery. Carolyn chronicles tragedy, miracles and madcap medical moments in Appalachian medicine, as well as zany and touching interactions with wildlife in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.

Jourdan's trademark blend of wit, humor, and humanity have earned her high praise from Dolly Parton and Fanny Flagg, as well as from major national newspapers, the New York Public Library, Elle, Family Circle Magazine, and put her work at the top of hundreds of lists of best books of the year and funniest books ever.

When I was about 12 I developed blood poisoning with a huge lump behind my knee. We doctored all summer with no improvement and there was talk of amputation. My father got so angry with the doctors that they finally took me to an "old time" doc that they knew and in a week my leg was fine. I don't remember what was done for me, but I recall how my parents always said it was the old-time ways that did it.

Sounds like a very interesting book.

BendPages

ok, I'm going to try and explain about the area I am from...The County I live in is one of the largest Counties in Indiana. Just imagine that where I am from is a huge area, I can drive from one end of the county to the other N/S/E/W it's about a 50 mile radius. The county is dotted with tiny towns about every 4-10 miles in any direction and I am in another town but still within the county. The County Seat is the largest town and it's about a 7 min. drive and it has small shopping centers, Wal Mart, groceries, eateries and so on. I can drive into the big city and that takes about 30 minutes and is another county.

We are very laid back and rather red necks! haha OH! the shame! My tiny town has a school (K-8) 1 convenient store ( we just got gas pumps put in last month). A post office, a few junk stores, a grain mil, 5 churches and a population of 256 (counting stray cats and dogs) :giggle: Grew up in this town and will die here. I love my small Hamlet where I live. Everybody knows everybody, can go up to the coffee shop at the convenient store and catch up on the latest gossip. We are kind and friendly and we all help our neighbors when the need arises.

Ops! I forgot the garage where we can get vehicle, farm machines fixed and the car wash! ;)

Indiana means "land of the Indians." The state was given that name because of the many Native Americans who lived there. Indiana's nickname is the "Hoosier State." The origin of the state's nickname is uncertain. Some people believe it comes from an old Saxon word meaning "hill dweller" because many of the regions early settlers were the children of English highlanders. Others believe it might come from the pioneer greeting, "Who's yere?" meaning "Who is here?" There are still others who trace the nickname back to the 1820s, when Samuel Hoosier, a contractor working on the Ohio Falls Canal in Kentucky, hired many men from the Indiana side of the river. The men Hoosier hired were first called "Hoosier's Men" and then simply called "Hoosiers." The abbreviation for Indiana is IN.

Indiana's state motto is the "Crossroads of America." The state calls itself this because many transportation routes pass through it. This is one of the reasons that Indiana is an important state in the country's commercial activities.

Indiana is an East North Central state bordered by Michigan to the north, Ohio to the east, Kentucky to the south, and Illinois to the west. The Ohio River flows along the state's southern border with Kentucky. Indiana is the smallest state in the Midwest; with the exception of Hawaii, it is the smallest state west of the Appalachian Mountains. Important cities in Indiana include Fort Wayne, Gary, and South Bend.

Indiana's landscape includes fertile farmland on broad plains and many lakes and streams. The state has sand dunes running along Lake Michigan. Southern Indiana consists mostly of hills, forestland, small farms, and small rural towns. The northern region of the state is part of the Midwest's Corn Belt.

Indiana is known for the famous politicians associated with the state. President William Henry Harrison earned his nickname, "Tippecanoe," when he defeated the Indians in the Battle of Tippecanoe in the state. Visit the Benjamin Harrison Memorial Home in Indianapolis. Benjamin Harrison was the grandson of William Henry Harrison. Benjamin Harrison was the only President whose grandfather was also a President. See the log cabin Abraham Lincoln helped to build and lived in from age 7 to 21 at the Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial. Prior to becoming President, Ronald Reagan was the "Gipper" in a movie about Knute Rockne, who coached football at the University of Notre Dame near South Bend. Former Indiana Senator Dan Quayle became Vice President of the United States in 1989.

Tourists visit Indiana for many reasons. They can see racecar drivers compete in the Indianapolis 500, a famous 500-mile auto race held every Memorial Day weekend in the town of Speedway. If you like to boat, hunt, or fish, Indiana may be the state for you; it has many lakes and streams. If you're an artist or nature-lover, you'll enjoy the colorful rolling hills of Brown County. Explore Wyandotte Cave, one of the largest caverns in the United States; it's near Leavenworth. Bathe in mineral springs at Indiana's French Lick resort.

This site has 'touch' explorer.
http://www.destination-indiana.com/#0-0&sort=popular

Go, LinusK!!!!
Crossing my fingers for you!
Got a migraine this morning, so I won't stay long, but when I correctly guessed that Christopher Dorner was still in the Big Bear area when others suggested he had fled for Mexico, DD told me, "Mom you should be a detective!". Yesterday, I told her, "You were right about me, I'm an armchair detective!"LOL

Indiana means "land of the Indians." The state was given that name because of the many Native Americans who lived there. Indiana's nickname is the "Hoosier State." The origin of the state's nickname is uncertain. Some people believe it comes from an old Saxon word meaning "hill dweller" because many of the regions early settlers were the children of English highlanders. Others believe it might come from the pioneer greeting, "Who's yere?" meaning "Who is here?" There are still others who trace the nickname back to the 1820s, when Samuel Hoosier, a contractor working on the Ohio Falls Canal in Kentucky, hired many men from the Indiana side of the river. The men Hoosier hired were first called "Hoosier's Men" and then simply called "Hoosiers." The abbreviation for Indiana is IN.

Indiana's state motto is the "Crossroads of America." The state calls itself this because many transportation routes pass through it. This is one of the reasons that Indiana is an important state in the country's commercial activities.

Indiana is an East North Central state bordered by Michigan to the north, Ohio to the east, Kentucky to the south, and Illinois to the west. The Ohio River flows along the state's southern border with Kentucky. Indiana is the smallest state in the Midwest; with the exception of Hawaii, it is the smallest state west of the Appalachian Mountains. Important cities in Indiana include Fort Wayne, Gary, and South Bend.

Indiana's landscape includes fertile farmland on broad plains and many lakes and streams. The state has sand dunes running along Lake Michigan. Southern Indiana consists mostly of hills, forestland, small farms, and small rural towns. The northern region of the state is part of the Midwest's Corn Belt.

Indiana is known for the famous politicians associated with the state. President William Henry Harrison earned his nickname, "Tippecanoe," when he defeated the Indians in the Battle of Tippecanoe in the state. Visit the Benjamin Harrison Memorial Home in Indianapolis. Benjamin Harrison was the grandson of William Henry Harrison. Benjamin Harrison was the only President whose grandfather was also a President. See the log cabin Abraham Lincoln helped to build and lived in from age 7 to 21 at the Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial. Prior to becoming President, Ronald Reagan was the "Gipper" in a movie about Knute Rockne, who coached football at the University of Notre Dame near South Bend. Former Indiana Senator Dan Quayle became Vice President of the United States in 1989.

Tourists visit Indiana for many reasons. They can see racecar drivers compete in the Indianapolis 500, a famous 500-mile auto race held every Memorial Day weekend in the town of Speedway. If you like to boat, hunt, or fish, Indiana may be the state for you; it has many lakes and streams. If you're an artist or nature-lover, you'll enjoy the colorful rolling hills of Brown County. Explore Wyandotte Cave, one of the largest caverns in the United States; it's near Leavenworth. Bathe in mineral springs at Indiana's French Lick resort.

My Mom was born in South Bend. If DD hadn't chosen Illinois for her state report (mom grew up there), Indiana would have been her next choice, and we could've used this history info. then. Thanks!

BendPages

ok, I'm going to try and explain about the area I am from...The County I live in is one of the largest Counties in Indiana. Just imagine that where I am from is a huge area, I can drive from one end of the county to the other N/S/E/W it's about a 50 mile radius. The county is dotted with tiny towns about every 4-10 miles in any direction and I am in another town but still within the county. The County Seat is the largest town and it's about a 7 min. drive and it has small shopping centers, Wal Mart, groceries, eateries and so on. I can drive into the big city and that takes about 30 minutes and is another county.

We are very laid back and rather red necks! haha OH! the shame! My tiny town has a school (K-8) 1 convenient store ( we just got gas pumps put in last month). A post office, a few junk stores, a grain mil, 5 churches and a population of 256 (counting stray cats and dogs) :giggle: Grew up in this town and will die here. I love my small Hamlet where I live. Everybody knows everybody, can go up to the coffee shop at the convenient store and catch up on the latest gossip. We are kind and friendly and we all help our neighbors when the need arises.

Ops! I forgot the garage where we can get vehicle, farm machines fixed and the car wash! ;)

Sounds just like our town -- except we have no hills, and have to drive 25 minutes to get to Walmart. And we have FIVE gas stations! I think I would like to visit Indiana. And three bars, and too many pizza places.

OMG!!! I may be batting 2/2! Even though I still feel a little migrainy, I decided to try to match possibilities for Ilene Misheloff, my other pet case. I think I found a sketch that looks even closer to her than the one of Mark! It would mean she was kept alive for a year and taken to So. Cal, then hit by a car, but... stranger things have happened. I'm not sure if I can attach word files to here, so if not please look at Namus case #7672, and tell me what you think!

I need some help in finding info on one of my nephews. Like his criminal records and history. I'very seen places that give you unlimited access for the days, but didn't know if theY were rip offs. What can be done for free?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDustyBooks