KY KY - Crystal Rogers, 35, Bluegrass Parkway, 3 July 2015 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh the plot thickens!

Lake searched again, Houck suspended.....

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

We won't find out what it was for until the investigation is closed. Hopefully it's something that gets her family closer to finding out the truth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We won't find out what it was for until the investigation is closed. Hopefully it's something that gets her family closer to finding out the truth.

I think they may be getting close IMO. My gut instinct has always told me that he is involved somehow.

If his suspension had nothing to do with Crystal's disappearance, wouldn't they confirm that? [emoji15]
I hope they are close to finding her.

Only after the trial and hopefully the conviction.

Question. If a police officer is suspended, is it common to send out a press release as in this case?

Question. If a police officer is suspended, is it common to send out a press release as in this case?

I don't know if issuing a press release is common, but I believe it's a preemptive strike: tell the folks that yes, he's been suspended, no further details provided. Sort of a "hey reporters, don't waste your time asking, this is all we (LE) will say."

I live near a large metropolitan area so police suspensions are part of our regular news. Not sure whether press releases are issued or whether the reporters who cover the crime beat break the story. Usually we're told while they are suspended.

The stepmother of missing Sarah Nicole Graham was fired after 20+ years with the sheriff's department. This was a couple months after Sarah disappeared, and an announcement was made. No news on why as to this date. Sarah still hasn't been found, or any charges laid.

The stepmother of missing Sarah Nicole Graham was fired after 20+ years with the sheriff's department. This was a couple months after Sarah disappeared, and an announcement was made. No news on why as to this date. Sarah still hasn't been found, or any charges laid.
I forgot about that! Wish they could find Sarah :(

I am confessing up front that I have not had an opportunity to thoroughly read through the previous thread and this one. Although I post on Websleuths often, I normally limit it to cases closer to my region. I was in the area touring a distillery for the weekend and was curious about the hundreds and hundreds of signs, "Prayers for Crystal's safe Return".

Oh my, we just returned from visiting our son in North Carolina and taking a side trip to Kentucky for a bourbon distillery tour. We saw all those signs too! I hadn't read Crystal's thread before leaving, so I wasn't familiar with her disappearance. When we saw the signs, we wondered whether she was a deployed soldier or a missing person. Too bad the signs didn't have her picture on them. Someone might have recognized her. Crystal's family should try to get some national coverage, a lot of tourists go through that area and someone might have seen something that will help bring resolution to this case. They might not realize after returning home, unless they see it on the national news now.

I hope LE is close to solving this and arresting everyone responsible.

I'm still keeping up with this case. I've read a lot more since my original post. My two cents worth.

1. The vehicle was staged to make it look like a "stranger" abduction after a flat.
2. That being the case, the abductor(s) were attempting to broaden suspects and deflect attention away from themselves. This would mean they knew her.

I would like to know if the cell phone was turned off or on when found, and if the battery was dead or not. Someone fearful of cell tower pings would have turned it off. If she were really "stranded", her phone would not have been off and although I don't know her (Crystal), most women would immediately make a phone call if they have a flat tire. Not even sure if where vehicle was found would be her normal route of travel.

My state pd and local pd always post a press release when an officer is suspended. There is usually very little info as to the why though. I am sure it varies by police department though.

Glad to hear there may be more going on behind the scene that we're not privileged to know about. I'm hoping this means justice for Crystal is coming soon. And please let her parents see their grandson! They should have been able to see him immediately. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend