MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hers does, but I can't imagine giving license to him, looking like that!

Haha! I understand but I doubt the DMV/BMV people can deny people solely on appearances, BUT, it could have just been for an ID card. ID card photos look the same, same background. They just don't have the motor vehicle endorsement.

Not trying to be mean at all, can we stay on topic and have less personal type stories...with the influx of new people to the thread, it would be awesome if we could stay on topic...especially for those of us that have been here since day 1. Just sayin'! Don't attack me. It just makes it easier to keep all of the facts straight. JMO.

http://www.suffolkdistrictattorney....rests-in-the-homicide-of-baby-doe-bella-bond/

Remarks of District Attorney Daniel F. Conley on Arrests in the Homicide of “Baby Doe,” Bella Bond

BOSTON, Sept. 18, 2015–Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley today delivered the following remarks on the identification of Bella Bond, known only as “Baby Doe” after her body was found in a trash bag almost three months ago, and charges against two defendants:

“Her name was Bella.

“Based on interviews and evidence recovered pursuant to multiple search warrants during the past 24 hours, the child we knew as Baby Doe has been identified as Bella Neveah Amoroso Bond. She was about two and a half years old when she died, and a resident of Dorchester. Pending DNA comparisons are still necessary for scientific certainty, but we are extremely confident in this identification.

“85 days ago, Bella’s body was found in a trash bag on Deer Island. We hoped against hope that her death was not a crime, but the evidence carefully and professionally gathered by the men and women with me today suggests otherwise – this child, whose very name means beauty, was murdered.

“In light of that evidence, I have authorized the arrest of MICHAEL PATRICK McCARTHY, age 35, for Bella’s murder. McCarthy is currently hospitalized for a medical condition unrelated to this case.

“Bella’s mother, RACHELLE DEE BOND, age 40, has been placed under arrest as an accessory after the fact to her murder.

“Based on the facts and evidence developed thus far, which are consistent with the Medical Examiner’s findings, we allege that McCarthy caused Bella’s death, that he did so intentionally, and that he and Bond took specific steps to keep Bella’s death a secret and avoid prosecution.

“We expect both defendants to be arraigned in Monday in Dorchester Municipal Court.

“At just shy of three years old, Bella Bond was a true innocent. And the tragedy of her death is compounded by the fact that her short life ended not by illness or accident but, we believe, an act of violence in the very place she should have been safest – her home.

“Sadly, this is the case for too many victims of child abuse whose tiny voices are silenced. But we will speak on her behalf and seek justice for the crime that took her life.

“The men and women with me today left no stone unturned toward that end. Assistant District Attorney David Deakin, the chief of our Family Protection and Sexual Assault Unit; Colonel Richard McKeon, Det. Lt. Jack Lannon, and the Suffolk County State Police Detective Unit; and Chief Terence Delehanty and the detectives of the Winthrop Police Department.

“I want to thank the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children for their non-stop assistance and contributions to the case.

“And I especially want to thank the Boston Police Department. Homicide detectives received the critical tip that led to a marathon of investigative work over the past 24 hours that brought us to this point.

“I want to thank you, the media, as well, for covering the search for this child’s identity so faithfully. Every step we took as investigators was magnified and enhanced by the work that reporters, editors, photographers, and videographers put in. The same goes for everyone who linked, shared, or tweeted our calls for assistance – we could never have knocked on 50 million doors, but we had the equivalent of that reach thanks to social media.

“But I also want to note that this isn’t then end of the case – it’s the beginning. And in deference to the rules of criminal procedure, we are sharply limited in what we say at this early stage, before the defendants have even been arraigned. I ask you to bear this in mind because there’s a great deal we can’t say at this point, but before we take any questions I’d like to give Col. McKeon, Chief Delehanty, and Commissioner Evans a chance to speak.”

–30–

All defendants are presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.

I fully believe that Rachelle loved Bella at one point. It was plain to see in many of the photos she was in love with her. Bella wasn't abused all her life, she was loved. Something happened to change that, drugs most likely but she was at least loved and happy for awhile. I am just so sad that Rachelle lost to whatever was controlling her. I hope she gets sober and thoroughly hates herself for what she did to her precious baby, who clearly loved her. She failed her in the worst way. I hope she has to live with that for a very long time.

My heart also breaks for those other two children of hers. Having a drug addicted neglectful birth mother is hard enough to know about/learn, but one who also helped murder your little sister? I hope those two have good support systems.

Also, smiling like that....absolutely cringe worthy.

They issued him permission to operate a motor vehicle looking like that??? He looks more spaced out than Apollo 9.

Lord, have mercy on us all!

It could have been just an ID card, but I'm sure we've all seen odd looking folks driving at one time or another. :freakedout:

Haha! I understand but I doubt the DMV/BMV people can deny people solely on appearances, BUT, it could have just been for an ID card. ID card photos look the same, same background. They just don't have the motor vehicle endorsement.

Good point.

Wow, just wow at the post dated 27th March 2014!!! Forgot who posted about it.

Can you tell me what it's about? TIA!

b890c80c78eb4870182d8f0d4504177c.jpg
. Beautiful child! Makes no sense. I sense drug related neglect. RIP baby girl!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sense she put her nasty man above her precious child and let him beat her to death. That's what I think. casey anthony had cute photos of her and Caylee as well on social media. So does Malinda Lugin who has been torturing her daughter for her whole life.

Does anyone else think RBs voice sounds kinda slurred on the video?

Yes.

Eyes and button nose spot on! The eye brows are quite different though.

Agreed. Cover up the eyebrows and the likeness is incredible but the dark brows change the whole face.

If she told her family that Bella had been taken by the state in to protective custody and they accepted that, then there is more of a back story. A history of issues?

Agreed! That stood out to me!

Ok and EVERYONE why why why the name BELLA why. Did she follow the Anthony case? I want to know. And i hope that LE wants to know same. I want her PC scoured for the CA case. I am sickened!

The name Bella has been in the top 100 baby names for years. Very popular.

I dunno about that. Mom sounds like a real wack job in that video. She keeps pushing Bella Look look look - LOOK WHAT MOMMY DID... Is it Bella's bday or about what mom did?

Also, mom drops at least one F bomb in the video...

I 100% agree. Just gave me a serious trashy vibe, even though the house and child looked near and clean.

The neighbor said she had never seen the Baby Doe image but when it was shown to her she immediately recognized it as the girl that lived next door.

It is unfortunate that she did not see it earlier.

What kind of person would criticize the forensic artist today? Shameful.

The sketcj is one of the best I've seen. But I do think the eyebrows are totally differet and the brows dramatically change her appearance.

Regardless, it's a close enough likeness coupled with the age that anyone who knew Bella and knew she was missing or not seen for awhile should've immediately made the connection. And should've called.

If this is a rough area as someone up thread suggested however, then perhaps people there might have been reluctant to get involved. Such a shame. No baby deserves to lay dead, abandoned and unclaimed like that.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...s-poignancy/qoc5KIevGY3t06dpPeLxeN/story.html

I started bawling when I saw the beautiful marker the people at the wastewater treatment plant put up.

attachment.php

This is beautiful. They did a wonderful job on this memorial. May Bella never be forgotten as LE pursues justice in this case. This is VERY moving. Thank you law enforcement for your relentless search for justice. I must say, the mother's NEW mug shot certainly looks better than the one from 2010 where she was arrested for prostitution. It appears JMO she might have tried to clean up her act and it just didnt work out. Relapse. Must be helluva drug shes on. Glad Rachelle is charged with accessory and not given a slide for cooperating. LE very impressive. "On Friday, her mother, Rachelle Bond, 40, was charged as an accessory to murder after the fact, Conley told reporters. The mother's boyfriend, Michael McCarthy, 35, was charged with murder, according to Conley. McCarthy is not Bella's biological father, according to a law enforcement source." Source: [video=cnn;us/2015/09/18/baby-doe-bella-bond-presser-sot-live.wcvb]http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/18/us/boston-baby-doe-identified/index.html[/video]

Yes ,please... Trying to cipher thru all the stuff its hard to read about the actual thread itself.. Much easier everyone is welcomed, but with this many people its hard. Lets stick to facts please..
Not trying to be mean at all, can we stay on topic and have less personal type stories...with the influx of new people to the thread, it would be awesome if we could stay on topic...especially for those of us that have been here since day 1. Just sayin'! Don't attack me. It just makes it easier to keep all of the facts straight. JMO.

OMG this is sight for sore eyes.. Absolutely gorgeous, loss of words...BREATHTAKING
This is beautiful. They did a isjob on this memorial. May Bella never be forgotten as LE pursues justice in this case. This is VERY moving. Thank you law enforcement for your relentless search for justice. I must say, the mother's NEW mug shot certainly looks better than the one from 2010 where she was arrested for prostitution. It appears JMO she might have tried to clean up her act and it just didnt work out. Relapse. Must be helluva drug shes on. Glad Rachelle is charged with accessory and not given a slide for cooperating. LE very impressive. "On Friday, her mother, Rachelle Bond, 40, was charged as an accessory to murder after the fact, Conley told reporters. The mother's boyfriend, Michael McCarthy, 35, was charged with murder, according to Conley. McCarthy is not Bella's biological father, according to a law enforcement source." Source: [video=cnn;us/2015/09/18/baby-doe-bella-bond-presser-sot-live.wcvb]http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/18/us/boston-baby-doe-identified/index.html[/video]

The pants in photo are black with white dots, the ones found with body were white with black dots.

I noticed she had several clothes with polka dots on them, not only black and white ones. Must have been a favorites.

I think it's odd more is not being reported about Michael P. McCarthy. I'd like to know how long they were together. Where was he from? Criminal record?

What if they are born in another state?

Only if the other state had alerted the new state's local office of this endangered child and the new state found reasons to pick up the child. Years ago many states would "fast track termination of parental rights" if previous children had been permanently removed from the parent's care. Not so much anymore, focus is on getting the family the right kind of services to make kids safe. People can and do change over a period of years and unless there is a clear and present danger to this child - they try and reunite families.

The pants in photo are black with white dots, the ones found with body were white with black dots.

Thank you.. but seeing that, wouldn't that jar someones memory? Its so similar... along with photo/sketch. I just don't see how someone wouldn't have at least THOUGHT to ask/tell someone about the similarities.

I fully believe that Rachelle loved Bella at one point. It was plain to see in many of the photos she was in love with her. Bella wasn't abused all her life, she was loved. Something happened to change that, drugs most likely but she was at least loved and happy for awhile. I am just so sad that Rachelle lost to whatever was controlling her. I hope she gets sober and thoroughly hates herself for what she did to her precious baby, who clearly loved her. She failed her in the worst way. I hope she has to live with that for a very long time.

Right on! She was loved by the maternal grandmother and the mother herself when the mother could practice clear judgement. Drugs are crazy, they will make people sell their babies for crack...I've witnessed some horrific stories related to drugs. If you work in LE, you will see the dark underbelly of the junkies. They lose all control of moral compass and their life. Drugs nor ignorance are no excuse for the law. God sure did get Rachelle a beautiful and glorious child for her to throw her away. Time to face the punishment 'Ro. As for the boyfriend, they will bury him under the jail. Thank god this happened in MA. We have real LE here. They get it right. MA has an epidemic with drugs right now. It's ripping families apart. JMO.

Swizzlestix... Ive wondered that myself when she sobers up, what she will be thinking then.... I hope she gets help, but there will be nothing to save her from what she did with that baby. She has created her very own hell, that she will have to deal with. Its what she chose. Right from wrong. She was the adult responsible for this child, and she let her down... its so heartbreaking... feel same as u I.
Right on! She was loved by the maternal grandmother and the mother herself when the mother could practice clear judgement. Drugs are crazy, they will make people sell their babies for crack...I've witnessed some horrific stories related to drugs. If you work in LE, you will see the dark underbelly of the junkies. They lose all control of moral compass and their life. Drugs nor ignorance are no excuse for the law. God sure did get Rachelle a beautiful and glorious child for her to throw her away. Time to face the punishment 'Ro. As for the boyfriend, they will bury him under the jail. Thank god this happened in MA. We have real LE here. They get it right. MA has an epidemic with drugs right now. It's ripping families apart. JMO.

That in itself doesn't mean much perhaps, but taken with everything else that is coming out, I think it's safe to say that little Bella had a hard life whether she was a natural-born "crier" or not. (in my opinion)

Totally agree. My little niece cries a lot too---because, for example, she wants sprinkles on her frozen yogurt but they are all gone. I think Bella cried a lot but for much different reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong