SIDEBAR #54 - Travis Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning my beautiful Sidebar Friends. I made the doctors release me 4 days early as I couldn't take it much more. It was not a smart move on my part. Ten days with no sleep did me in with the addition of Solumedrol 80 mg., which is a massive massive dose. Your messages to me were related and I am so deeply moved and Grateful. I have no air to speak, but have an O2 tank keeping me at 97% on 5 liters. I can't move very much and I am just exhausted. I actually scared my DH and doctors with how bad this got.

Bright side: Things are being taken care of that should have been done years ago. I am looking forward to redoing my house if I ever get that far. My DH has actually made me more of a propriety which has been a long time coming. Changes are afoot, slowly but surely. Hope you all are enjoying the nice fall weather. I need to change my pocketbook over from summer to fall. If that is the worst scenario, then I think I am gonna be ok.

I love you with all my heart. Xo

Good Morning my beautiful Sidebar Friends. I made the doctors release me 4 days early as I couldn't take it much more. It was not a smart move on my part. Ten days with no sleep did me in with the addition of Solumedrol 80 mg., which is a massive massive dose. Your messages to me were related and I am so deeply moved and Grateful. I have no air to speak, but have an O2 tank keeping me at 97% on 5 liters. I can't move very much and I am just exhausted. I actually scared my DH and doctors with how bad this got.

Bright side: Things are being taken care of that should have been done years ago. I am looking forward to redoing my house if I ever get that far. My DH has actually made me more of a propriety which has been a long time coming. Changes are afoot, slowly but surely. Hope you all are enjoying the nice fall weather. I need to change my pocketbook over from summer to fall. If that is the worst scenario, then I think I am gonna be ok.

So good hear from you! YOU take care of YOURSELF and let others worry about things...love you too!

Yipeeee ZURI, so good to know you're back. :loveyou:

But, hold on, Coffejunkie is right: "YOU take care of YOURSELF and let others worry about things..." Promise???
And re BBM... I'd need some help. I don't understand that sentence.

Tomorrow I finish school already at 10 am and I will take advantage of the beautiful automn weather to spend 3 days in Valais in a chalet belonging to a couple of friends (who were living 50 years in Vandoeuvres...).
Let me try wether I can put a pic here with the view from the living room:
IMG_1071.jpg
Hope it worked... Doing this for the first time...

Yipeeee ZURI, so good to know you're back. :loveyou:

But, hold on, Coffejunkie is right: "YOU take care of YOURSELF and let others worry about things..." Promise???
And re BBM... I'd need some help. I don't understand that sentence.

Tomorrow I finish school already at 10 am and I will take advantage of the beautiful automn weather to spend 3 days in Valais in a chalet belonging to a couple of friends (who were living 50 years in Vandoeuvres...).
Let me try wether I can put a pic here with the view from the living room:
View attachment 82042
Hope it worked... Doing this for the first time...

Yesss, it worked... but sorry for the exaggerated size of the pic. I'll have to work out how to get it smaller. Oh, it appears twice and there is no way to delete...Tssss

It's a beautiful valley no matter the season. In fall, the larch woods there are fire red...and the smell of the needles is paradise for me. It might, though, be too early still. I'll see and hopefully will be able to show you some more pics next week.

The alternative to this trip would have been to go to the BERNINA region but I decided not to spend almost 2 of the 3 1/2 free days in the car.

ZURI, my intention is not to make you envious at all, you'll be with me anyway, ok?

HI Zuri, oh I am so happy to know you are home. It's been a tough haul but you made it!! not an
easy thing when one cant breathe! get plenty of rest and listen to the Doctor.:floorlaugh: has to be
hard with the Doctor In the house [ots of love, :HHJP: Nore..

If ant hills are high in July,
Winter will be snowy.
If the first week in August is unusually warm,
the coming Winter will be snowy and long.

For every fog in August, (we had 5 foggy days in AUG. I'm gonna see if this holds true :)
There will be a snowfall in Winter.

If a cold August follows a hot July,
It foretells a Winter hard and dry.

When leaves fall early,
Fall and Winter will be mild;
When leaves fall late,
Winter will be severe.
Squirrels gathering nuts in a flurry,
Will cause snow to gather in a hurry.

Much rain in October,
Much wind in December.

A warm October,
A cold February.

Full Moon in October without frost,
No frost 'till November's Full Moon.

Flowers bloomin' in late Autumn,
A sure sign of a bad Winter comin'.

A warm November is the sign of a bad Winter.

As high as the weeds grow,
So will the bank of snow.

Thunder in the Fall foretells a cold Winter.

Onion skins very thin,
Mild Winter coming in;
Onion skins thick and tough,
Coming Winter cold and rough.
A green Christmas; a white Easter.

If there's thunder during Christmas week,
The Winter will be anything but meek.

A tough Winter is ahead if:

corn husks are thick and tight...
apple skins are tough...
birds migrate early...
squirrels tails are very bushy...
berries and nuts are plentiful...
bees build their nests high in the trees.

If the breast bone of the Thanksgiving goose is red or has many spots, expect a cold and stormy Winter;
but if only a few spots are visible, expect a mild Winter.

The severity of Winter is determined by how far down the feathers have grown on a partridge's leg.

The wider the brown (middle) band on a woolly bear caterpillar, the milder the Winter.

The nearer the New Moon to Christmas Day, the harder the Winter.

If the first snowfall lands on unfrozen ground, the Winter will be mild.

If there is thunder in Winter, it will snow 7 days later.

http://www.stormfax.com/wxfolk.htm
------------
HI, anyone
"game" to hold a Partridge while I check his leg feathers? :hen:

hello-smiley.gif
and Good morning all!

Zuri!! :happydance:
heart-shape1-smiley.gif
So glad to hear you are home again! I too hate hospitals... and it is NO fun being sick...

Have fun Susza!! Beautiful view too! Probably won't be
skiing-smiley.gif
yet though! :)

And since I couldn't post this yesterday... :gaah:

Happy Autumn everyone!!! :autumn:

and off I go to see what's happening around WS... :pcguru:

see-ya-smiley.gif

Oh - and another from my "sharing" folder for you all! :D

Attachments

• Life Is Short.jpg
    Life Is Short.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 59
Zuri, how nice to see your post!!! But you be good and get all the rest you need. Hope your recovery comes along well now that you are home.

Susza, the picture was a good size, and beautiful. You did just fine.

No partridge holding for me...... one wild cat taught me when to say no more. :giggle:

What a beautiful weather day we are having. Too nice to stay indoors.

Hugs to all!!

:blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss::blowkiss:
97%97%97%97% :heartbeat: 97% 97% 97%
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
:blowkiss::blowkiss: :blowkiss::blowkiss: :blowkiss:​

1958 - It’s All in the Game - Tommy Edwards hits the top of the charts

[video=youtu;wvCohsoW0B8]http://youtu.be/wvCohsoW0B8[/video]

Today is Muppeteer day

There’s a fictional neighborhood where some of the residents are named Kermit, Big Bird, Bert & Ernie, Miss Piggy, and Oscar the Grouch. It’s called Sesame Street.
The creator of the lifelike characters, Jim Henson, was born on this day in 1936. The puppeteer first named his puppets, Muppets, in 1954 when he was working as a producer of the Washington, D.C. TV show, Sam and Friends.

Henson moved his Muppets to network TV in 1969. Children of all ages were able to enjoy the Muppets’ antics on the educational, yet entertaining Sesame Street. The Muppets then got their own show, The Muppet Show; which generated The Muppet Movie and other films, like The Muppets Take Manhattan and The Great Muppet Caper.

And Jim Henson got the awards: 18 Emmys, 17 Grammys, 4 Peabody Awards and 5 Ace Awards (National Cable Television Association).

The premier muppeteer, and voice of Kermit the Frog, died suddenly in May of 1990. The premier muppeteer, and voice of Kermit the Frog, Jim Henson lives on through his Muppets

[video=youtu;efKWmabYlM4]http://youtu.be/efKWmabYlM4[/video]

Kinda funny about the country music being posted...........
One of the neighbors has her brother staying at her empty place (it's been up for sale for over 2 years now).
He's been blasting his country music for 5 days straight, and when I say blasting, all these parcels are at least 3 acres each, many are 5+, and he's kinda on a slope below and to the side of us. Like I said, BLASTING.
He finished his 5 day country music fest with about 2 hours of old Neil Diamond.

Such is life in the country. Nobody in the "neighborhood" listens to country music, it's either symphonies or rock, so it's just a bit strange.
He doesn't have a horse, cattle, drive a truck, wear boots, or dangle a rope. In fact, he's a Filipino immigrant. I guess he thinks he's assimilating.:thinking:
We're kinda holding our breath to see if Elvis gets on his play list! :floorlaugh:

1940 - Flinging a Wing Ding was recorded by Bob Chester.

[video=youtu;Q5gby6WJe0M]http://youtu.be/Q5gby6WJe0M[/video]

I sure wish we could figure l why this particular thread gives us so many problems. I had to keep trying to get the page to stay open at least four times before it stopped reloading itself. gah!

To us, the "weaker" sex.

[video=youtu;6zpYFAzhAZY]http://youtu.be/6zpYFAzhAZY[/video]

I sure wish we could figure l why this particular thread gives us so many problems. I had to keep trying to get the page to stay open at least four times before it stopped reloading itself. gah!

Have you cleaned your cookies? and restarted your browser? It loads really slow for me too and lags when scrolling the page, and when I cleaned the cookies it was Ok for a while. I think we have so many guest visiting (last night over seven hundred) it's bogging things down.

Have you cleaned your cookies? and restarted your browser? It loads really slow for me too and lags when scrolling the page, and when I cleaned the cookies it was Ok for a while. I think we have so many guest visiting (last night over seven hundred) it's bogging things down.

I am on an iPad. I clear my history and reset it daily, but it still hangs up a lot on only this thread. It seems to work fine on the PC, but I get so uncomfortable sitting there too long.

Kinda funny about the country music being posted...........
One of the neighbors has her brother staying at her empty place (it's been up for sale for over 2 years now).
He's been blasting his country music for 5 days straight, and when I say blasting, all these parcels are at least 3 acres each, many are 5+, and he's kinda on a slope below and to the side of us. Like I said, BLASTING.
He finished his 5 day country music fest with about 2 hours of old Neil Diamond.

Such is life in the country. Nobody in the "neighborhood" listens to country music, it's either symphonies or rock, so it's just a bit strange.
He doesn't have a horse, cattle, drive a truck, wear boots, or dangle a rope. In fact, he's a Filipino immigrant. I guess he thinks he's assimilating.:thinking:
We're kinda holding our breath to see if Elvis gets on his play list! :floorlaugh:

For two hours, alone, blasting, you say? Unless you've just read Jonathan Livingston Seagull, that could hurt.

Spellz, will you sit for this?

[video=youtube;BErhjKI33xE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BErhjKI33xE[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members