MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt the person who said that McCarthy knew right from wrong is qualified to assess that. A very common thread with the insane is religion.. voices, demons, God, devils.. etc. It would appear this guy is insane. JMO He kills the baby because he is insane and believes she is a demon. What is the mom's excuse? yeah, yeah, i know McNaughton's rule says they have to know right from wrong.. it is time we start locking up crazies again.. we dont have enough institutions to house them and everyone is worried about "their personal liberties". So, we let them roam among us, kill us, shoot us in theaters and schools, murder our children and then lock them up. MOO

What's really right and wrong?

Anything i write is just my opinion.

Locking up people who are ill isn't right. Treating them, helping them, and protecting them is. We all deserve our "personal liberties" and if there aren't enough institutions we need to address that, not just continue to penalize people who are mentally ill. This in general, of course, and because I don't know what is going on with MM and the last thing I want is for him (or RB) to be protected and cared for right now.

JMO.

She is an Addict and he is even more of an Addict.

He may have/had drug induced mental illness (substance induced delusions, psychosis, etc) from years of drug addiction beginning at a young age.

Who knows...McCarthy's "seizures" may have been brought about from his excessive, long-term drug abuse.

She'll pay a price for allowing him in the home, being an unfit mother, participating in the disposal of her daughter's body, etc etc

But

IMO he is the actual murderer here. Not RB. Again, she will do time (My guess is on the higher end of the max). MM was not following RB's orders. RB followed through on his beliefs in demonology when he murdered Bella. I'd venture to guess that had BioDad not appeared, RB may have even been next.

There will be plenty of evidence against MM to get a conviction IMO

I'm sure Defense will clean him up real nice for trial. Nice haircut, clothes. He will become clearer looking over time getting clean in jail, that's one reason defense had no problem with the no bail. He would continue using if he were out.

Defense will definitely claim Insanity ( I think he is) defense with his seizures, MI and severe drug addiction.

Look at James Holmes murdered 12 people injured 70 was still spared from the DP recently with LWOP.

I doubt the person who said that McCarthy knew right from wrong is qualified to assess that. A very common thread with the insane is religion.. voices, demons, God, devils.. etc. It would appear this guy is insane. JMO He kills the baby because he is insane and believes she is a demon. What is the mom's excuse? yeah, yeah, i know McNaughton's rule says they have to know right from wrong.. it is time we start locking up crazies again.. we dont have enough institutions to house them and everyone is worried about "their personal liberties". So, we let them roam among us, kill us, shoot us in theaters and schools, murder our children and then lock them up. MOO

What's really right and wrong?

Anything i write is just my opinion.

@wondering25. Great post. I agree with you 100%

At the time of his arrest they went off of her story, IMO. But we don't know what evidence they found DURING that week.

The problem is this: they were BOTH in the apartment when the alleged killing happened. RB is the ONLY witness.

What on earth could they find that would prove MM (and not RB) did this? Even a fingerprint left in the victim's blood wouldn't prove who the killer is. If they had semen or fingerprints around the throat they wouldn't have been so vague about the possibility of foul play when they found the body.

The fact that MM said NOTHING to the police, and simply asked for an attorney when they accused/questioned him is going to be one mammoth hurdle for the prosecution to overcome.

Locking up people who are ill isn't right. Treating them, helping them, and protecting them is. We all deserve our "personal liberties" and if there aren't enough institutions we need to address that, not just continue to penalize people who are mentally ill. This in general, of course, and because I don't know what is going on with MM and the last thing I want is for him (or RB) to be protected and cared for right now.

JMO.

Locking people up in state mental hospitals who are disabled from severe mental illness that can't cope and function in the outside world are safer to others and themselves if they are treated in a locked facilitywith Drs and staff educated on these psychotic illnesses.

It's unclear when exactly Bond and McCarthy met, but friends tell PEOPLE that he was a bad influence on the 40-year-old mom, who'd struggled with drug abuse in the past herself. "When he came about, I feel like she got worse with the drugs," Dominiquea Price says.

"She was clean [before she met McCarthy]," insists another friend, Bonnie Thibodeau. "She'd gotten clean for Bella."

http://www.people.com/article/baby-doe-death-michael-mccarthy-descent-drug-abuse

Sprinsky was walking with Bond one day when Bond told him that she had recently quit using drugs. When Sprinksy suggested she might be able to get Bella back now that she was clean, Bond broke down in tears, Deakin said, relaying Sprinsky's account.
"I'll never see my daughter again," Bond allegedly told him [...]

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/21/us/boston-baby-doe-charges/

A little O/T, but I was curious how much it costs to buy heroin on the street. I can't imagine being able to sustain this kind of lifestyle.

•An individual with a “hard-core” heroin habit may pay $150 – $200 per day in order to support his or her habit.

http://heroin.net/about/how-much-does-heroin-cost/

Addicts are crafty. They lie, beg and steal. They'll find a receipt on the ground, go to that store, steal the item and "return" it with the receipt. They sell themselves. They wheel and deal all day long. If only they put as much effort into bettering their lives as they do ruining it.

I'm sure Defense will clean him up real nice for trial. Nice haircut, clothes. He will become clearer looking over time getting clean in jail, that's one reason defense had no problem with the no bail. He would continue using if he were out.

Defense will definitely claim Insanity ( I think he is) defense with his seizures, MI and severe drug addiction.

Look at James Holmes murdered 12 people injured 70 was still spared from the DP recently with LWOP.

I suppose defense will clean him up to look more like this photo.
5c04a48e397a415d576e5a5f6e99c994.jpg

The defense will claim MM had NO KNOWLEDGE of the crime and is completely innocent, and only if/when it looks like there is evidence of a conviction (evidence that he was there when she died or that he KNEW about her death, or a spidey feeling about the jury not buying the innocence story) will they resort to insanity. He didn't remember because he is insane etc...

The fact MM was sharp enough to ask for an attorney before answering questions is one of the main reasons I believe he may be innocent (that and I have a weakness for freaky blue eyed blond males).

He was smart enough to immediately invoke his rights so if he was part of the body disposal I think he would have come up with far more practical ideas (i.e. a trash dumpster).

Are you absolutely certain that they would see the signs of freezing in every autopsy? Including bodies that have a fairly advanced state of decomposition and are waterlogged? I have no doubt the changes exist (which is why we aren't supposed to freeze fish twice) but I do question whether it would be discovered during a standard autopsy.

The Iceman (mob hitman) was freezing the bodies of some of the victims for months to throw off the date of death. The coroner only figured it out when a body discovered in the middle of summer was partially frozen inside, if samples of the organs reveal freezing in "every standard autopsy" it wasn't being revealed in the Iceman's victims.

After they first found the body the authorities stated the girl "had not been dead for long period", if the body had shown signs of freezing (which would be very odd in the summertime) I don't think they would have made that statement. In this case I question whether she was ever in a fridge or freezer.

BBM:

"every autopsy" is a universal statement, as pointed out in the Caylee Anthony case, NO "mandatory" step by step process is universally/or even nationally present as a hard & fast protocol for post mortem examinations. The Mass. OCME does have a specific procedure manual for post mortem examinations....total & restricted (partial).
I am certain that morphological changes would be evident in exemplars where the organ is sliced, mounted & stained if examined by a competent forensic pathologist, point of fact, I've had histology techs comment on "abnormal" cells as he/she performed QA/QC on his/her slides, however the changes do not automatically scream or spell out "frozen" on the slide. (a little "laboratory humor", there!:happydance:)
Your example of the Iceman (Richard Kuklinski) is a good one for a murderer in the early 80s and forensic science has progressed by leaps & bounds since his conviction in the mid 80s. :jail: He WAS a nightmare killer & drove members of the NY & NJ OCMEs "insane" BUT he generated many educational discussions & "advances" in forensic pathology techniques.:drumroll: Also, it was a Board Certified forensic pathologist rather than a coroner who made the amazing discovery and in another case, another forensic pathologist who detected the cyanide (bitter almond smell) as a favorite tool of death.
From previous experience, decades ago, with the Mass. LE community & the OCME, they keep information VERY close to the chest, releasing small amounts of SPECIFICS to a case. There are NO "sunshine laws" in Massachusetts, a very different environment from other jurisdictions. Statements that are for public consumption are carefully crafted & especially during an on-going investigation.
Looking forward to the release of State discovery during the trial or @ the probable cause hearing.

Bella Bond case: Michael McCarthy told cop in 2005, 'It’s the drugs'

In September 2005, a Quincy policeman pulled up to the Walmart on the southern side of the Boston suburb.

Inside, sitting with two in-store security officers, was Michael Patrick McCarthy. He had a backpack, with mostly Gillette razors and cartridges inside. His partner, whom he had met through Narcotics Anonymous, had run away.

McCarthy apologized, according to the police report written up afterwards and available inside Quincy District Court.

“It was an ******* thing to do,” McCarthy said.

“It’s the drugs,” he stated (the police officer put “heroin” in parentheses next to the quote).

“It’s a **** way to live,” McCarthy added.

~snipped

More at link:http://www.masslive.com/news/boston/index.ssf/2015/09/bella_bond_case_michael_mccart.html

Also, in the birthday video Bella says "It's for me!" and at the end asks about the "mess" to which RB answers "Its allowable".

I'm probably reading waaaay too much in to this, but the fact that the 2 year old asking about a mess and RB saying "it's allowable" kind of says to me that maybe Bella was scolded for being messy in the past? I know the heroin was supposedly RB's drug of choice, but someone else had mentioned that meth makes you obsess with cleaning...I have seen that first-hand in someone. That right there is a little telling to me about how Bella's household may have been run. But again, I could be reading waaaay too much in to that one!

SUFFER THE LITTLE CHILDREN
WHY ARE 'MOTHERS' BOYFRIENDS' SO LIKELY TO KILL?

“Our daughter is dead. The guy that’s been living in my house murdered our daughter.”

These are the words that Bella Bond’s father Joseph Amoroso said he heard from her mother, Rachelle Bond, when he went to see his child for the first time. The “guy” that had been living in Rachelle Bond’s house was her ex-boyfriend Michael McCarthy, whom prosecutors allege murdered Bella in June, and then kept Bond “captive,” injected her with heroin, and, with her help, disposed of the body in the Boston Harbor after storing it in a refrigerator for weeks.

The details of the harrowing “Baby Doe” case are still unfolding. As Susan Zalkind reported for The Daily Beast, there is no forensic evidence in the case at this point and the current allegations are based primarily on Rachelle Bond’s statements. McCarthy’s lawyer has disputed Bond’s account.

But as it unfurls, the case could reignite controversial conversations about child maltreatment and cohabitation. After nightmarish incidents like these, it is often said that a mother’s boyfriend poses the single greatest threat to a child’s wellbeing. In fact, months before Bella’s remains were even identified, as Heavy uncovered, former America’s Most Wanted host John Walsh speculated that this may be a case in which a mother and a “live-in boyfriend” killed the child and “disposed of the body.”

~snipped

More at link: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/09/25/why-are-mothers-boyfriends-so-likely-to-kill.html

Joypath thanks so much for lending your experience to Bella's discussion. I understand that freezing would probably lead to changes that would be forensically obvious to the ME. But what about simple refrigeration and not freezing. It has been most widely reported that Bella's little body was placed in a refrigerator and not specifically in a freezer.

If she were refrigerated and never frozen, would that refrigeration be as easily discernable during autopsy as freezing would or less so?

thanks,

tlcya

Why do I remember hearing that the baby was kept in the freezer? I read here that she was in the refrigerator. Was it for a few days? Was she put in the refrigerator as punishment and died in there or was this post mortem?

I am getting that the autopsy does not jive with mom's story of MM punching the baby in the stomach a few times, causing her death. I can't read every post but am I caught up on this fact?

MM may be telling the truth and RB did tell him that DCF took the child. He would believe it because her other children were taken and DCF had visited and investigated neglect issues regarding Bella twice before.

Who said they thought she was possessed? What is that about? Who reported that these 2 would lock her in a closet? Screaming? Spankings? Who witnessed this and did nothing about it?

When the billboards went up and the local stations were reporting finding a baby in a bag, did this not send up a red flag to MM?

Now as for the friend who told his sister that the billboard baby was Bella, how did he know? I know he stayed with them for a few weeks but what made him think the found baby was Bella?

I appreciate anyone who can get me up to date here.

If anything, I am furious at bio-dad. He hooked up with mom in a tent at an Occupy event, dropped her like a hot potato when she was pregnant because of her lifestyle and past and hasn't bothered to see how his child was doing or if she was being treated well in the custody of a woman that he knew was a drug addict and prostitute. I am having a hard time giving him 'victim' status. But then, he is probably no better than the 2 beasts she was living with.

Did little Bella Bond suffer every day?

This is what haunts me. That Bella Bond’s horrific murder was not a single act of violence, an aberration in an up-to-then perfect, storybook life. But that this little girl suffered every day.

Conceived in a drug-induced haze in an Occupy Boston tent, she never met her father. Prosecutors say she was murdered on a mattress on a cluttered floor, allegedly by her mother’s boyfriend, stuffed in a trash bag, shoved in a refrigerator, thrown into a duffel bag with a couple of weights so she wouldn’t float up, then tossed into the sea.

This is what we know about Bella Bond. And what we know is sickening.

But what we don’t know may be even worse.

There’s a video of Bella on her second birthday, shot by her drug-addled mother who can barely hold the camera. The footage is jerky and unfocused, but it shows Bella wearing a sparkly outfit, a beauty sash, a tiara, and holding a wand. She’s being led into a room by her aunt. The child looks confused. Her mother is shouting and spraying her with silly string and is loud and insistent. “Happy birthday, Bella! Come on, Bella. Come on. . . . Look what Mama did while you were sleeping. Look! Look! Look! LOOK at the table!!”

On the table are presents and there are balloons everywhere — a huge effort by the mother, right? But it is hard to watch the labored glad-handing of Rachelle Bond, a woman appearing so stoned that it’s almost like a skit, a bad skit. And there is wariness in her daughter’s eyes.

What was Bella wary of? Being screamed at? Being called a demon? Being locked in a closet again? Or being loved and doted on, but just for a while. Just for now, while the camera is running.

Who can imagine all that Bella Bond suffered? Every adult in her life failed her...

-snip

More: http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/re...r-every-day/zHdAA717ONxXfHy8tRwgBP/story.html

From previous experience, decades ago, with the Mass. LE community & the OCME, they keep information VERY close to the chest, releasing small amounts of SPECIFICS to a case. There are NO "sunshine laws" in Massachusetts, a very different environment from other jurisdictions. Statements that are for public consumption are carefully crafted & especially during an on-going investigation.
Looking forward to the release of State discovery during the trial or @ the probable cause hearing.

So if they checked the slides for evidence of freezing they wouldn't have said she died "recently" when they asked the public for help identifying the child, correct?

And if they didn't check for freezing would the body of a baby doe be stored below freezing temps to preserve potential evidence when it has been unidentified for 80 days?

Did little Bella Bond suffer every day?
What was Bella wary of? Being screamed at? Being called a demon? Being locked in a closet again? Or being loved and doted on, but just for a while. Just for now, while the camera is running.

Who can imagine all that Bella Bond suffered? Every adult in her life failed her...

More: http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/re...r-every-day/zHdAA717ONxXfHy8tRwgBP/story.html

Wow...at least the Boston Globe is playing both sides of the coin!

We know Bella wasn't severely beaten at any time in her life. Bone fractures would be apparent. Did she live in fear? I think she did. Moments of being adored but more often than not scolded.

In the b-day video I did wonder if she just woke up from a nap, but I still thought she looked very wary/unsure. I don't have much experience with kids (being a dog person) but I thought it seemed like trepidation/fear, as if she were treading on egg shells.

I may be completely off base here, but I can't help but wonder... was Bella even ALIVE when MM moved into RB's apartment? Might it be that RB brought MM into her home very soon after Bella was killed (by RB) knowing that he was off his rocker and people would believe her if she blamed him? Think about it... if she killed her own daughter and knew eventually someone would find out her daughter were gone...how is she going to get out of it if she has nobody to post the blame on? This guy- who is clearly mentally challenged- says RB had told him DCF had taken her. Is that what she said to him when he moved in? I had a little girl who was possessed by those demons you always talk about, but DCF took her away... so then MM starts to see (and talk about) visions of little Bella walking to his bed based on those loony stories RB told him about Bella.

Again, I could be totally off, but it's just the way I'm leaning. Am I alone here?

Also, perhaps Bella was not in the fridge. Perhaps she knew that if they found the body, the time of death wouldn't align, so she made up the fridge story to try to explain why it was off.

So why for the love of God did she bring and keep this vile psycho home with her around her sweet baby girl?

Did he have her convinced her daughter was evil? Was it him? Her? Both who took part in the murder? Give them both DP neither are fit to be here on this earth.

She probably kept him around for the drugs.

Massachusetts doesn't have the DP. It is LWOP for murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993