Found Deceased VA - Kathleen 'Katie' Barham, 32, Portsmouth, 27 May 2015

Somebody just got away with murder. It happens.

Due to the cops not even beginning an investigation into her disappearance for over 10 days, now they will be forced to wait for this same person to attack another innocent victim doing their laundry late at night.
It's a shame, somebody else will have to die in order to figure out who choked the life out of Katie. Shoddy police work, beginning to end.

You can expect another crime similar to this one to occur in that same area within the next few months.
It worked the first time, why not do it again ?

Steel, I agree only with your first line.
As far as the rest of your post, I don't believe the "killer" will kill anyone else, he accomplished what he wanted, no need for any one to be scared of this particular killer. His job is done, IYKWIM?
I don't even believe she went and did laundry, all a set up. He did his "dirty"laundry ".

Steel, I agree only with your first line.
As far as the rest of your post, I don't believe the "killer" will kill anyone else, he accomplished what he wanted, no need for any one to be scared of this particular killer. His job is done, IYKWIM?
I don't even believe she went and did laundry, all a set up. He did his "dirty"laundry ".

I agree. I wonder when was the last time anyone else saw Katie? Due to the decomposition I also wonder just how long her body was out there under that tarp.

I don't live too far from the area she lived/was found. There's no rumor of a serial killer or even fear that I've heard about.

im curious why everyone thinks she was significantly decomposed more than she should be? i would think anyone in the elements for two weeks in spring weather would be?

This happened not far from me and even the local news seems to have forgotten about this case. Strangely quiet.

I have a feeling it was the City that removed the memorial. Maybe they felt it was getting too large. Seems they would have posted something about it though. Just in case someone had left something that they wanted back.

It is so frustrating and sad that nothing more was uncovered in Katie's case. An unknown mod and cod tells us this was not a drug overdose, it wasn't a violent death, and it probably wasn't suicide. So what does that leave? Hypothermia - not cold enough. Natural causes - most have a post mortem indicator. Suffocation - yes could be.

There will be a follow up story on Katie's case on WTKR News Channel 3 tonight at 11:00 p.m.

There will be a follow up story on Katie's case on WTKR News Channel 3 tonight at 11:00 p.m.

If anyone is able to watch, please keep us updated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"The medical examiner was never able to determine a cause or manner of death.""

So she didn't die of a drug overdose, seems to me he strangled her and dumped her in the woods near enough to carry her. I don't understand how they dropped the ball so badly on this. Was there truly not a single iota of trace evidence connecting him to her body?

Dad blames police for failing to find daughter’s killer

Says police have a POI but why didn't have ever release that formally?!

"Unfortunately, people who are not often reported missing are not missing, and do not want to be found at that time. An investigator was assigned to her case as soon as she was actually determined to be missing,” a spokesperson with the Portsmouth Police Department wrote - (CYA after the fact to excuse the long delay in assigning someone to her case!)

I hate that this case just died with this poor mom and the killer got away with it with seemingly no repercussions! I think about her poor kids and wonder where they are now!

This one is in a nearby city from me. Close enough to be local. Over 3 years and nothing. And, yes, like her dad, I'm not a fan of the Portsmouth PD either.

New to this site but not at all new to this case. I’ve been watching for updates ever since the body was first found; I worked on the other side of a fence from where she was found, and it always seemed fishy to me that nothing was ever exposed or solved. I really wish a PI or crime journalist would start looking into this; her family and children deserve closure.

Any updates on Katie's case?
I'm local and I haven't heard anything since the last statement from the police. At least anything that I can post. I was re-reading through the thread and someone made the comment that someone got away with murder. It certainly looks like they did.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back