GUILTY GA - Ervin brothers attempt to murder parents for $$, Atlanta

Ray_of_hope

Verified registered nurse
Reaction score
[video]http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/06/us/ga-brothers-charged-in-attack-on-parents/index.html[/video]

"Two Atlanta-area brothers are behind bars and charged with multiple felonies after police said they attempted to kill their own parents over the weekend.

Yvonne Ervin called 911 Saturday morning and reported that she and husband Zachary were being attacked in their own home."

Dad kept boys distracted so mom was able to call 911 which likely saved their lives.

I can't even imagine how devastating that must be, to see your grown kids trying to KILL YOU. :sigh:

Beautiful family from all of the photos in the news video piece, and beautiful home in an upscale community. How does this happen?

[video=cnn;justice/2015/09/06/georgia-brothers-charged-attack-on-parents-dnt.wsb]http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/06/us/ga-brothers-charged-in-attack-on-parents/index.html[/video]

Hardly know what to say.... Just pure evil. :(
If they were somehow being mistreated,neglected, abused or whatever, the 22 year old could have moved out. And the 17 yr.old could've requested to be placed in foster care.

Maybe the motive was greed ? They didn't want to wait until their parents passed away , to collect their inheritance ? Well if I were either parent-- I'd make a new will asap and leave the both of them the heck out .

The saddest part of this is that since both parents survived (don't get me wrong--I'm grateful they did), these boys will most likely get out of prison at some time. My opinion, but I'd be afraid of them for the rest of my life. How does a person forgive and forget something like this ?

This tragic case brings back memories of the Menendez brothers.

:moo:

I wonder if something had taken place to make the brothers desperate for money, such as a substance addiction?

Although in recent cases of parent killings we've seen, grudges and resentment or jealousy seem to be recurring motives.

I can't even imagine how devastating that must be, to see your grown kids trying to KILL YOU. :sigh:

The 911 call is chilling. And I think I heard, after she said that her sons were coming upstairs having realized their mom was missing, one of her sons saying coldly, "Let's go.", ostensibly to his mother. Like he was trying to get her to cooperate in her own murder.

Just horrible. What creepy young men. It certainly does echo the Menendez brothers for me but these two seems even sweeter looking and even more normal.

I dont get it.

Beautiful family from all of the photos in the news video piece, and beautiful home in an upscale community. How does this happen?

[video=cnn;justice/2015/09/06/georgia-brothers-charged-attack-on-parents-dnt.wsb]http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/06/us/ga-brothers-charged-in-attack-on-parents/index.html[/video]

I have no idea. I wonder what will come out.

OMG that 911 call...when they found her. How awful. I'm glad she's okay physically and he's recovering. I don't know how many happy memories I'd be able to think about in that house, however. Awful children.

I don't know why kids are so evil now to where their parents are disposable like this.

Wow makes you wonder wth caused those boys to act like that? Wonder if they were some how abused or just wanting inheritance money?

Wow makes you wonder wth caused those boys to act like that? Wonder if they were some how abused or just wanting inheritance money?

Reports say one of the sons has been fantasizing about doing this since he was 11- for insurance money.
They drugged them and were planning on setting it all on fire.

It's a terrible thing to wake up one day and find that life as you knew it was a lie, a fantasy. I don't know exactly how I would react, but I do know they wouldn't be invited for Sunday dinner any time soon.

It's a terrible thing to wake up one day and find that life as you knew it was a lie, a fantasy. I don't know exactly how I would react, but I do know they wouldn't be invited for Sunday dinner any time soon.
Maybe have thanksgiving at a restaurant. ..

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I think I'd be making out a will to make sure neither one of them would be able to profit from my death if I were their parent.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back