MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO If that poor child was locked in a closet while RB "worked" (and I find it a stretch to call prostitution work) and she had to silence her somehow, she would have maybe drugged her. If she had just stuffed something in her mouth & taped it, there would still be the moans & groans. Even If she had bound her somehow (another very sad thought) so she couldn't bang on the door or walls, she could still kick them.

I hope that one of the medical professionals that is following this thread can share their knowledge of any drugs that possibly were given to her, but not detected in autopsy after 3 months.

Murder suspect’s lawyer: Bella Bond’s mother could flip on beau

Defense attorney Brad Bailey, a former state and federal prosecutor, believes prosecutors are holding the accessory charge over Rachelle Bond’s head until they determine if she would make a strong witness.

“The prosecution charged her for a reason,” said Bailey, who is not involved in the case. “And that reason was to try and attempt to not only impose accountability but also continue to try and control her. At this point, they recognize she’s the principal witness in the case. My guess is their goal and their aim is to keep her that way and find whatever corroboration they can to support what right now is just her word against his.”

But one veteran litigator thinks prosecutors need to hold Rachelle Bond accountable, too, even though she helped deliver the goods on her boyfriend.

“I think justice and the likelihood of success will be better served if they prosecute them both, independently, without making any compromise,” said Tim Burke, a defense attorney not involved in this case who has handled homicide cases. “This case calls for the highest level of deterrence in sentencing available.”

http://www.bostonherald.com/news_op...lawyer_bella_bond_s_mother_could_flip_on_beau

Thank you for the link. A couple of videos are there too. I did get creeped out for the advertisement regarding garbage bags and how strong they were and less likely to puncture than other bags. I couldn't find which video on the page was playing to pause it.

"“The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children played a big role in this,” Herman told the Herald. “It’s just kind of a relief. It’s a relief for us to start the process of prosecution. It was a relief for the team.”

God bless them all! Bella impacted many lives. Let her death be not in vain!

Would any drugs Bella was forced to inhale/ingest not show up in hair analysis? Given this was a child in a drug enviroment and there was a link stating Bella's hair was tested I have no doubt the ME has tested more than DNA thru her hair. IMO

Heroin is a sedative...and something they had on hand. I can't see RB using a needle on a squirming baby but blowing a bit of smoke would probably do the trick.

Apparently if it were inhaled it could be very hard to identify especially in a decomposed body (injected heroin can show up in the blood/heart). It wouldn't have to be enough to poison/kill the child, just enough to induce a stupor that could lead to accidental suffocation.

OMG! This is a great link too Sonya!!! I was reading through it, eating brunch of fresh scrambled eggs, but had to stop when I got to the maggot part. Made me think RB could have sedated Bella with marijuana smoke too. Of course, heroin was their drug of choice so I am leaning toward heroin and not being able to detect it during an autopsy and such a long period of decomposition.

Intravenous drug users can and do inject in a wide variety of sites, including but not limited to,
the antecubital fossa, the forearm, the ankle, the calf, and between the toes and fingers. While
chronic intravenous drug use can be readily identified, by scarring, inflammation, ulceration, or
sepsis, occasional or single puncture marks may not be detected by even a thorough
examination, so the apparent absence of injection sites does not exclude the possibility that
drugs were administered hypodermically. Furthermore, recent reports from DHHS indicate that
in some parts of the United States, drugs of abuse traditionally administered intravenously, are
now being smoked, and snorted.

Interesting that it doesn't mention the neck as being a common site to inject. Will have to google, but IF RB was being injected in the neck was she injecting the jugular?

Hopefully someone with better knowledge than me will explain this more, but my understanding is that drugs don't dissipate per se, instead they are metabolized by the body over time, depending on absorption rate, peak plasma level, half life and excretion.

I think that may be the perception because we always hear about things that WERE found, we rarely hear about things that couldn't be found kwim?

They take samples of blood, urine, bile, the liver, etc...and run tests on all of it during a forensic tox screen because different things may show up' in different parts of the body. When some of those things aren't available because the body has decomposed then that creates a problem.

OMG! This is a great link too Sonya!!! I was reading through it, eating brunch of fresh scrambled eggs, but had to stop when I got to the maggot part. Made me think RB could have sedated Bella with marijuana smoke too. Of course, heroin was their drug of choice so I am leaning toward heroin and not being able to detect it during an autopsy and such a long period of decomposition.

If a drug lead to accidental death then heroin would be a lot more likely than MJ.

Apparently nausea/vomiting is a common side-effect of smoking heroin and it can be fatal if the person throws up and chokes (the risk would probably be much higher for a 3 year old). While googling that I came across other sources, including a drug friendly forum that offered tips on avoiding nausea and the associated risks.

It should also be noted that since heroin can cause nausea and vomiting, a significant number of deaths attributed to heroin overdose are caused by aspiration of vomit by an unconscious person.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroin#Withdrawal

(ETA Bootsctr -- yes Pathology was a fun movie! Also there was a heroin choking death in Breaking Bad that claimed the life of Jesse's girlfriend after Walter touched her and she rolled onto her back during a heroin high).

If a drug lead to accidental death then heroin would be a lot more likely than MJ.

Apparently nausea/vomiting is a common side-effect of smoking heroin and it can be fatal if the person throws up and chokes (the risk would probably be much higher for a 3 year old). While googling that I came across other sources, including a drug friendly forum that offered tips on avoiding nausea and the associated risks.

Could that be the stain they found?

I have gone down the rabbit hole today folks! There is a ton of information about heroin on the internet. I mean including steps 1, 2, 3 telling how to inject the stuff!!!!!

"Lord save me from my friends; I can handle my enemies myself."

It does make sense that Bella would be sedated because she is a problem for RB with her hobbies and work.

I know of people putting gasoline on a pillow to keep kids quiet.

It does make sense that Bella would be sedated because she is a problem for RB with her hobbies and work.

WHAT???? Gasoline? Who comes up with this stuff? Gasoline? Really?

I have gone down the rabbit hole today folks! There is a ton of information about heroin on the internet. I mean including steps 1, 2, 3 telling how to inject the stuff!!!!!

Plus forensic toxicology/autopsy info is pretty easy to understand (unlike a lot of in depth medical info that often requires an extensive knowledge of medical lingo to decipher).

Gasoline on a pillow?? I'm at a loss there... what would that do?

Gasoline on a pillow?? I'm at a loss there... what would that do?

Sniffing gasoline/paint/butane/glue gets people high because it replaces the oxygen in your blood. Guessing it would make a kid sleepy as the oxygen was depleted, it also causes brain damage.

"Lord save me from my friends; I can handle my enemies myself."

If anything happened to me and they searched my internet history, I can't imagine the theories that would follow!

Her story of Mm injecting her in the neck to control her is such bull and its making me crazy! I'm sure they were both shooting in the neck, either due to necessity (because long time users often have collapsed veins) or because junkies believe it provides a stronger and more intense high.

Just thinking... it seems RB would rather say Bella's death was murder than an accidental death because in no way is she prepared to admit she is a negligent parent ?

I believe she would rather say MM murdered Bella and she helped after the fact than admit that she is a horrible mother and struck out three (3) times trying to be a parent.

I keep wondering who the source is for this story:

"A source tells FOX25 News that Bond came into Bella's room and allegedly saw McCarthy punching her because he believed Bella was possessed. The source also says they allegedly kept the girl's body in a fridge for about a month before ultimately disposing of it."

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/30062484/baby-doe

A witness has stated that Bella's body had been "hidden in a fridge" for approximately one month before it was deposited on Deer Island.[100][101]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Bella_Bond

Is a source the same as a witness? Because JA could be a source, but he could not be a witness, is that correct?

This is one if the few instances i find myself agreeing with the defense attorney's opinion (Tim Burke, the second attorney in the article)

I gave Mr. Burke's opinion an :rolleyes:. If he was either defendants att. he'd be singing a totally different tune. SODDI

ETA He'll never make it on Nancy Grace as a defense guest if he agrees with her.;)

Her story of Mm injecting her in the neck to control her is such bull and its making me crazy! I'm sure they were both shooting in the neck, either due to necessity (because long time users often have collapsed veins) or because junkies believe it provides a stronger and more intense high.

Exactly.

If she was not a heroin addict, the story could be believable...

I do not see any heroin addict trying to fight off someone who is going to inject them with the stuff they want and need so badly... Sad to say, that when an addict is as far gone as RB (IMO) heroin is above all the number one in her life and she would not turn it down, especially if it is in the syringe right in front of her, she just couldn't turn it away, she has no power to not do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993