Canada - Terry, 27, & Hailey Blanchette, 2, Blairmore, AB, 14 Sept 2015 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know: would someone try to dry clean a stuffed animal that plays music and talks? Maybe, if the toy is hard to clean and taking the batteries out makes it lose its memory. Most parents avoid dry cleaning children's items because of the chemicals.

However, sometimes the process is necessary, and things can be aired out.

Parents sometimes buy multiples of a child's favorite toy, in case it gets beyond redemption when a child is sick, or if it gets lost. This seems to be the case with "Scout" reviewers. They bemoan the changes made to the toy since the days of the "old Scout".

Victoria Crowshoe's homicide could shape up to look like the work of a SK and yes there is the Aboriginal aspect to consider. Let us not forget the massive move towards the Government regarding the missing and murdered women on behalf of the First Peoples of Canada. The timing and proximity are relevant because if there are suspicions that her death was the work of a SK then that means he was working that area. This is all theory but one cannot look away from Victoria's or Hannah's homicides as in could they be connected in any way to Terry and Hailey? I pray Victoria's isn't because that could potentially give a SK more power over the mind by way of manipulation than he should have and that would expand his lethal territory by way of coercion and recruiting; imo.

How do we first learn to walk? By holding the hand that will guide us.
(I apologize for my loose native term; some things become a habit overlooked when you're trying to cover all the bases.)

So many of the First Nation women who are murdered, or who vanish, are victims of someone they know, and too often the perpetrator is someone from their own community. I can't see anything to connect the body of a woman at the Old Man Dam with the abduction of Hailey from her home in the middle of the night.

National media come and go. Local reporters live and work in the community and get harangued on the street, in the coffee shop, at their children's activities, etc. for errors. The publisher of the local paper said she knows the Saretzky family, and her son played hockey with DS. DS's dad coached the team. I believe her version of events. She knows this family and lives in the community.

http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/canada/calgary/story/1.3231499

The employee might be correct, as in DS no longer worked there once he had been arrested.

Actively working at the dry cleaner's explains access to the white van. I am wondering if evidence was found at the dry cleaning shop, and/or in the alley behind it. The house where DS lived is behind the shop. Does anyone think maybe this is where Hailey's cries were heard, and the white van was seen heading west? Those reports are very vague, as to time and location. Did DS take Hailey to his home, or to the shop?

ETA: Note the phrase "bad things" that comes up again. This is the same phrase used by KD. It must be Blairmore code for something everyone in the community knows about, but will not spell out for the rest of us.

There's that other code-speak lingo, too: "But I had personally never seen anything other than a very nice boy who talked to me, met with me in the post office and discussed with me how he was trying to get his life together."

Oh, trying to get his life together. That means he was into "bad things". I've seen it spoken many times in big city media.

There is next to no information about the murder of Victoria Crow Shoe. LE hasn't said anything, except that she was murdered. She was last seen in August, but was found on September 13.

Bear in mind that there have been a number of drug deaths recently in the area, at Standoff and beyond. Background, briefly:

http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/suspected...ff-followed-birthday-party-drug-use-1.2293541
http://globalnews.ca/news/1898906/t...-two-drug-overdose-deaths-on-alberta-reserve/
http://calgaryherald.com/storyline/...llegal-drug-that-has-been-linked-to-10-deaths

There were 10 drug-related deaths in six months last year, and the death toll rose to 18 or 20 by June of 2015. This may or may not be related to VCS's murder.

"Scout" is a surname on the Blood Reserve.

This conference dealt with the issue of residential schools relating to substance abuse and family issues. Ironically, the former residential school for the reserve's children was destroyed in an arson fire a few months later.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/blood-tribe-fentanyl-deaths-down-but-addictive-painkiller-still-a-problem-1.3115192
[url]http://calgaryherald.com/news/crime/investigators-say-red-crow-community-college-fire-was-arson

[/URL]

As further background, heading west from the dry cleaning shop, or from a house behind the dry cleaning shop, would lead to 129 Street. It is the closest and most direct route to Highway 3, and to the road that leads up the mountain where Hailey was found.

So many of the First Nation women who are murdered, or who vanish, are victims of someone they know, and too often the perpetrator is someone from their own community. I can't see anything to connect the body of a woman at the Old Man Dam with the abduction of Hailey from her home in the middle of the night.

True. We have little to no information about her death except for the fact it was ruled a homicide. However, through social media searches I have found information that she has lived in Blairmore and she has links to the same social circle as Derek Saretzky and Terry Blanchette. Perhaps it is all coincidence. Perhaps not. Time will tell.

True. We have little to no information about her death except for the fact it was ruled a homicide. However, through social media searches I have found information that she has lived in Blairmore and she has links to the same social circle as Derek Saretzky and Terry Blanchette. Perhaps it is all coincidence. Perhaps not. Time will tell.

I'm not disagreeing. I think that the proximity and timing of all the recent murders in the Pincher Creek/Crowsnest Pass area should be considered possibly related, until proven otherwise. It's important to remember the ways people live and work in the area. They work in one place, go home on weekends, and travel to the bigger centres to shop. There's also traffic up and down the highway of criminal enterprises. The Crowsnest Pass is not a border town, but it's on the highway for drug trafficking. I have posted links. Someone arrested with $15,000 in what police called "proceeds of crime" has the same surname as people with multiple connections to DS and TB.

It has been said that DS was into "bad things" and was turning his life around.

On a further note, I recall reading that DS had received community service or restorative justice or something like that for previous events in his life. Can anyone find that quote?

Restorative justice only works so many times. Repeat or violent offenders may face the full force of the criminal justice system. Remembering that DS was supposed to have been in court in Lethbridge on Tuesday, September 15, 2015. We've already asked if TB was a witness, but was Hannah Meketech a witness to something that involved DS and the Tuesday court appearance? For all we know, did VCS see something?

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/a...+pursue+fewer+prosecutions/8063336/story.html

So now DS will have to face the music. He can't avoid court appearances forever, not even if there's a court-ordered psychiatric assessment to delay things. They'd better watch him closely if he's relocated for assessment. Does anyone know when he will be back in court on the theft charges? When is his court appearance on the murder charges?

I am sorry I am being very lazy but I haven't read up on this in a week or so. What are the newest details (if there are any). Motive? What happened that morning? Sorry, I am going back to read but appreciate the info.

A search for bodies is on, now that fall water levels are low. The search extends along the Bow River east to Saskatchewan and includes the Oldman River near Lethbridge.

http://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/police-mounties-conducting-air-searches-for-human-remains

Some of the missing are believed to have perished accidentally, but how many are believed to have met foul play at known dumping grounds?

What does this have to do with this case??? There's been NOTHING to suggest that DS was a SK. If and until then, this is going way off topic. JMO

Why I believe it is necessary to consider the four murders in the Pincher Creek Crowsnest Pass area as possibly related until proven otherwise. Look what has been going on to the south for quite some time:

http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwo...-patrols-border-limited-resources-funds-91630

http://nativeveterans-en.e-monsite.com/pages/indianunitlist/the-shadow-wolves.html

A second unit of the Shadow Wolves was created to deal with the Canadian border in Montana.

Did DS have any outdoorsy pursuits like mudbogging, quadding, dirt biking, snowmobiling, fishing, hunting? Depending on what "bad things" he was trying to turn his life around from, this could be important, especially if these activities took place along the border.

I am sorry I am being very lazy but I haven't read up on this in a week or so. What are the newest details (if there are any). Motive? What happened that morning? Sorry, I am going back to read but appreciate the info.

To break it down. DS attempted suicide by hanging himself in the shower with his clothing, he was found and rescusitated, at the hospital he was placed in an induced coma, recovered and is now back in police custody. I think that's about it really.

Hailey is seen here with two stuffed animals. The one on the right looks well-loved.

Good catch! That is The LeapFrog brand dog "Scout". That should end the blanket vs toy confusion.

The National Post has a lady working at the the cleaners saying DS did not work there but lived in a home on the property.

This is from the National Post-A woman working at the establishment said the accused didn’t work there but did live in a home behind it. Police had the alley behind the cleaners closed off Wednesday.

The Pass Herald is saying that DS worked at the cleaners.

This is from the Pass Herald-Saretzky is a Blairmore resident and an employee at Prestige Cleaners and Tailors in Blairmore.

Which news article are we to believe?

I would believe the local paper, since everyone in town would know if he worked there. The national post article was from the day he was arrested. At that time I'm sure they would deny any connection to him just to get rid of the reporters. The employees there are likely his family members, and not knowing all the details yet, would likely protect him and their business and just say no.

On a side note, my two year old daughter was up sick all night, and all I could think about was how great it was and how grateful I am to be able to be up and comforting her. This case shows you how bad things can be and has really taught me to appreciate every minute with my daughter, even the "bad" moments aren't bad.

My opinion on this:

DS and TB had a beef with one another. Possibly TB ratted DS out, and that was his breaking point. DS went to TB's to hurt him, wasn't expecting HDB to be at the home. She saw what happened, he panicked, took her, and killed her. Would a 2 yo be a reliable witness? No, but a young man, who is possibly mentally unstable, and high on drugs, wouldn't realize that.

FWIW- I dont believe CD has any involvement in this at all- I feel bad for her with all the online attacks she has had to endure. I think she went to the media just to set a few things straight. I think if anything she has said was untruthful, people in town would have run to the media with it. Perhaps the "sources" stating her and DS were romantically involved were TB's family, or acquaintances that weren't fond of her.

To break it down. DS attempted suicide by hanging himself in the shower with his clothing, he was found and rescusitated, at the hospital he was placed in an induced coma, recovered and is now back in police custody. I think that's about it really.

Thank you! I did go back and skim all of the posts with news links and saw this as well. What a coward. I truly hope they're watching him like a hawk now.

My opinion on this:

DS and TB had a beef with another. Possibly TB ratted DS out, and that was his breaking point. DS went to TB's to hurt him, wasn't expecting HDB to be at the home. She saw what happened, he panicked, took her, and killed her. Would a 2 yo be a reliable witness? No, but a young man, who is possibly mentally unstable, and high on drugs, wouldn't realize that.

FWIW- I dont believe CD has any involvement in this at all- I feel bad for her with all the online attacks she has had to endure. I think she went to the media just to set a few things straight. I think if anything she has said was untruthful, people in town would have run to the media with it. Perhaps the "sources" stating her and DS were romantically involved were TB's family, or acquaintances that weren't fond of her.

If this were the case, why would he not murder Hailey in the same place as her father, making it look like a break in or something. If her murder was just to eliminate possibility of being identified, why put yourself in a position to a) have DNA evidence in your van and b) possibly be spotted with her outside c) ultimately having a body to dispose of. I see what you are saying and don't think it's impossible. It just doesn't make any sense. Even for a murderer that is not too organized, it doesn't make sense.

I fully agree with you about her mother.

My opinion on this:

DS and TB had a beef with another. Possibly TB ratted DS out, and that was his breaking point. DS went to TB's to hurt him, wasn't expecting HDB to be at the home. She saw what happened, he panicked, took her, and killed her. Would a 2 yo be a reliable witness? No, but a young man, who is possibly mentally unstable, and high on drugs, wouldn't realize that.

I don't know if DS had a sexual motive to begin with or not, but I have had a strong feeling from the beginning that something of that nature did end up happening. I think for any other reason he wouldn't have risked taking HDB from the house. He could have killed her there and walked home under the cover of darkness and just gone on with his daily life the next day. He took a huge risk by taking her in that van.

I agree 100% with every word you said about CD.

Except that the child was screaming (we think - as per reports of a neighbour). Grab the kid, shut her up and run before the cops come because they must be on their way.

We are all assuming that DS was in a proper state of mind. Maybe he was high. I'm sure his adrenaline was pumping out of control and you do things without thinking that are the wrong things.

So now he's driving and has this screaming child in his vehicle. Maybe now he realizes what's he done and panics even more. Now he needs to figure out what to do with her. He goes to a safe place for him which is where Hailey was found. We don't know what happened there so we guess.

I can't believe that the motive was sexual. I can't. I have been wrong on many occasions before but I just think things got out of hand and he panicked.

Since when is the murder of a child logical? We are trying to make some sense of it and see the logic in it but the answers aren't going to make us any happier and they aren't going to be logical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iamatwin