ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has it been mentioned what time was on the receipt? That would likely give an indication of what time they left the store. Such a small store I can't imagine they were in there very long, but they could have eaten inside or outside I suppose, so maybe it wouldn't help that much.

Someone who posted as JM's mom on FB said she got a text from JM at around 12:30 Fri saying they had just gone to the store. This was back when she also posted about the arrival date/time, etc.. but because it was on FB, consider it rumor.

ETA: 12:38 was what she posted, which makes sense with a 1 PM arrival back at camp. I think LE could verify what cell tower JM's phone was pinging off of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's not true. They are taking samples of scat from the area. If they were so sure the parents were involved would they be doing that?
Unless these animals have delayed digestive systems.. what possible good would scat be when the child went missing 3 months ago? JMO

Take a one gallon plastic milk jug and fill it right up with water , put the cap on and place the jug in water , it floats (sinks) about the same as a body. Have somebody drop the jug in the middle of the creek and then go searching for it 5 minutes later.

It will have disappeared , and as it moved semi-submerged toward large rocks the current will draw the jug down under the rock and hold it there. If there is a large enough opening under the rocks it could get drawn in a couple of more feet than you could reach unless you were submerged yourself. A child's body is about the same diameter as the milk jug.

The milk jug will not come to the surface , on the other hand wood , trees , and sticks always try to float as they move down a creek , that is why you see all the (wood) debris everywhere .

If I was at the creek right now that is how I would search , I would tie a string to the jug and toss it in the water near those large rocks until I found a place where it went far and deep into a cavern.

Take a one gallon plastic milk jug and fill it right up with water , put the cap on and place the jug in water , it floats (sinks) about the same as a body. Have somebody drop the jug in the middle of the creek and then go searching for it 5 minutes later.

It will have disappeared , and as it moved semi-submerged toward large rocks the current will draw the jug down under the rock and hold it there. If there is a large enough opening under the rocks it could get drawn in a couple of more feet than you could reach unless you were submerged yourself. A child's body is about the same diameter as the milk jug.

The milk jug will not come to the surface , on the other hand wood , trees , and sticks always try to float as they move down a creek , that is why you see all the (wood) debris everywhere .

If I was at the creek right now that is how I would search , I would tie a string to the jug and toss it in the water near those large rocks until I found a place where it went far and deep into a cavern.

Unless these animals have delayed digestive systems.. what possible good would scat be when the child went missing 3 months ago? JMO

The article just said identifying animal scat not analysing it, iirc. So say looking for cougar scat to see if there are any in the area?
Maybe the article was mistaken though, and they are also analysing the scat. Idk.

That's a great idea, Arnie. I find it hard to believe that more focus hasn't been placed on the possibility that he fell into the water.

Very interesting! You are an untapped resource, Arnie! Sheriff B should get you over to Leadore.

That's a great idea, Arnie. I find it hard to believe that more focus hasn't been placed on the possibility that he fell into the water.

I just read one if the early articles this AM that said the sheriff was 100% sure that DeOrr wasn't in the creek, although later in his first interview he said he couldn't rule anything out. I wonder why he felt so certain given that it does seem like such an obvious possibility.

That's not really the point. Actually, that's not even what I was talking about. You said nothing els is being done. My point was that's not true. Did they or did they not say that they were going back to take samples of scat? That's it. That's all there was to my point. I don't think the parents have a hand in this but I am also not going to sit and say that LE isn't doing anything els but looking at scat so there for it can't possibly be the parents.

I just read one if the early articles this AM that said the sheriff was 100% sure that DeOrr wasn't in the creek, although later in his first interview he said he couldn't rule anything out. I wonder why he felt so certain given that it does seem like such an obvious possibility.

Don't know. Perhaps he's confident the water searches were thorough. But from the latest, it sounds like he's back at square one, so maybe it will be revisited. I hope so.

Good post. I used to post here early in the case, I have always maintained that DeOrr fell into the creek. I wish they would go back and search the creek again. I really feel he is there. Those banks are steep.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

[video=youtube;mwM1oG3z358]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwM1oG3z358[/video] at 1:50 the father describes the creek as being knee deep and a few feet wide. It was searched by divers in wet suits.

635727553192444321-lemhi-search.JPG

FWIW It looks about ankle deep in this photo.

I've gone through the latest interview several time, but can't find where it says the FBI's report is complete?

Bone, hair, clothing might still be visible enough to decipher.

I too think he fell in the water... they must do more searches in that creek and which ever way it flows...

According to a member here about the road to Leadore...

Per WS member fishing_idaho: I live in the area and worked up that drainage many times. You’re absolutely correct about the time it takes to drive on that road. It is very rough but if you have a truck that you don’t mind abusing a little (and good tires) you can make it up there in 20 to 25 minutes or possibly even quicker if you really pushed it. It's a bad road, but for anyone who has experience driving rocky dirt roads, it's not that bad. If you're good at avoiding the rock clusters you can maintain a pretty good pace driving up there and not even abuse your truck that much. The website estimates for travel time are way off. At http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Timber-Creek-Campground-10-July-2015-4/page8 posts #747 & 741)

Where are you DeOrr!?!?!

The searchers actually did a fairly thorough job in the creek and reservoir , they reached and probed around some of the rocks , but a man can only reach 3 feet under water and a body could easily be 4 , 5 , or 6 feet from the surface and off to the side.

Every place we see those large rocks sticking out of the water , there will be 20 more underneath that we cannot see , nature and the running creek has washed away all the dirt and soil and filled those cavities with water , often fish live there all winter while the rest of the creek freezes almost solid.

Moving the rocks is not practical , they weigh more than a car and you cannot get heavy equipment down there , carefully searching for cavities is the best , then try send a camera probe in for a look . A body will be preserved for a long time in cold running water.

So it took them between maybe an hour to a 1 1/2 to arrive at the store???

Look at parts of this video .... at 00:45 you can clearly see the water runs UNDERGROUND at the dam , it does not run over the top. And it is a substantial flow of water , not little pinholes letting a few drops leak through .

I dont happen to think DeOrr is in the reservoir , it is a long ways from the campground ... I simply wanted to point out how water flows underground , there have to be some cavities there for it to do that

Look at 1:57 in the video ... the creek is straight ahead of the camera but there is water showing up from the left and partly from underground and around rocks on the side of the creek

2:15 to 2:20 has a bit more video of the creek

We have already discussed to death what the grandfather said , so lets not go there again , just watch the water. thanks

http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/loca...andfather-believes-boy-was-abducted/30321903/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123