Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would have been very easy for somebody to hide underneath the side balcony. It looks as though bushes/grass obscure the view underneath, so even the children running past several times may not have noticed anyone hiding there. The layout of the house (that we are now privy to) shows that neither GM or FM would have seen whoever was hiding there. The perpetrator may even have been able to hear the adults' conversation about going to make a cup of tea... IMO

Not really because you would expect a tradesman to still go and knock on the front door. You don't just walk around the back unannounced.

But BS mate Col said that is exactly what he did ... walked around the side and looked at the washing machine.

It does seem like a precedent but how are we to know it hasn't happened before in other situations where children have been abducted?

Theories abound in William's case but no one really knows 'why' (or even 'who'), as the reasons for (and the parties) are said to be covered by Court Suppression Orders. William's mother says that she and William's close family wish to keep their identities hidden to protect his siblings now, and into the future.

There are lots of comments on recent threads about this, mainly since the 60 Minutes' story on William aired on 13 September 2015. You should find all you need to know there. Just go to the first page of this thread and Makara has included links to previous threads to make our lives easier.

I will be going through the threads, I just know it will take me days, I didn't have time to go through it all right now. I was hoping there was some quick, easy answer. I can't think of a single time that I haven't seen the family all over the media, especially when it's a young child, it always seems to be either that or nowhere near the media because they had something to do with it. I am sure they have their reasons for keeping their identities secret, and I have my own theories, which I won't share for respect of the rules here. The biggest case here ever was Jacob Wetterling and we know everything about him, his family, his address, every little thing. So it's just strange to me that his family wants to get the word out yet wants to keep their privacy to that extent.

Welcome fizzypop. It has been stated in MSM that little William has a complicated family background, hence the reason why the identity of his parents has been suppressed by government agencies. It is not clear what the legal complications are at this stage but William has a sister who must also be protected in this case. With that in mind we don't sleuth his family at all here and only comment on what has been reported in MSM.

Thanks so much for the quick update. I'll be reading much more in the next few days, I was just hoping the 60 Minutes might get me up to speed but it juts immediately gave me more questions. I had only read about William in the thread about the bones in Wynarka (sp?) but I spend most of my time in the UID forum and just ventured over here today. I was trying to not go down the rabbit hole I always find myself in just with the UID cases but now that I'm in here and started watching I'm too interested in this case. I will make sure to only comment on what's been said in MSM.

It would have been very easy for somebody to hide underneath the side balcony. It looks as though bushes/grass obscure the view underneath, so even the children running past several times may not have noticed anyone hiding there. The layout of the house (that we are now privy to) shows that neither GM or FM would have seen whoever was hiding there. The perpetrator may even have been able to hear the adults' conversation about going to make a cup of tea... IMO

yes, and maybe the perp could even hear the footsteps of people inside the house given the bearer & joist construction

Have we worked out what the big blackboard thing is at the end of the living room? And what is on the other side of that wall? (just trying to get bearings)

Do estate agents over there not give any more info about properties? Over here we get measurements of each room, what's included in each room, and usually a floor plan. Doesn't seem like much detail in the listing.

Have we worked out what the big blackboard thing is at the end of the living room? And what is on the other side of that wall? (just trying to get bearings)

Do estate agents over there not give any more info about properties? Over here we get measurements of each room, what's included in each room, and usually a floor plan. Doesn't seem like much detail in the listing.

The big blackboard thing is actually black vertical blinds, similar to those in the bedroom pic. More information is always available from the real estate agent but not everything is made available online.

The big blackboard thing is actually black vertical blinds, similar to those in the bedroom pic. More information is always available from the real estate agent but not everything is made available online.

Ok got you, it's the window above the garage door.

yes, the blinds are covering the window directly above the second driveway roller door (newly? concreted workshop area), floor to 2100mm/7 foot high window as seen from Benaroon Dr once you round the corner. It would not be too hard to draw up a reasonable floor plan, but do we need that? Poor little mate was outside unsupervised/out of sight for a short time only.

Here's my estimated floor plan based on the photos. Open for suggestions to attached map
1: Play deck
2: Kitchen
3: Laundry (plus built in)
4: Living room (plus built in)
5: “Long” room
6: Main bedroom
7: Ensuite
8: 2nd bedroom
9: 3rd bedroom
10: Toilet/Bath/Basin
11: Carport
12: Verandah
13: Garage (beneath)

attachment.php

Image Nearmap. Drawn by Richie

Attachments

• House_draft floorplan-02.jpg
    House_draft floorplan-02.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 376
yes, the blinds are covering the window directly above the second driveway roller door (newly? concreted workshop area), floor to 2100mm/7 foot high window as seen from Benaroon Dr once you round the corner. It would not be too hard to draw up a reasonable floor plan, but do we need that? Poor little mate was outside unsupervised/out of sight for a short time only.

BBM: yes, yes we do.....ah, because it gives us a solid reference to discuss direction of views.

Here's my estimated floor plan based on the photos. Open for suggestions to attached map
1: Play deck
2: Kitchen
3: Laundry (plus built in)
4: Living room (plus built in)
5: “Long” room
6: Main bedroom (forgot a door to this room!)
7: Ensuite
8: 2nd bedroom
9: 3rd bedroom
10: Toilet/Bath/Basin
11: Carport
12: Verandah
13: Garage (beneath)

attachment.php

Image Nearmap. Drawn by Richie

wow! excellent job Richie, mate/matess you have nailed it from the little we have. I was wondering if access to laundry was off living room (page 5 of domain site,and far right pic 10...hinges?) 2 doors. So access to 6 Main bed would be just right hand side of the clock (page 5 of domain site), don't know if attention to this detail is of importance but?

I've just spent the weekend visiting family in Laurieton but also went to Kendall where my husband grew up. This was our fist visit since WT disappeared and the streets are much quieter now 😓😓
we drove up Benaroon drive which is so much further away from the other houses in Kendall than I recalled and I felt sick in the stomach as we drove past the GM old house as it made it all the more real. I noticed a white station wagon parked on the property just down from where the two cars were reported being seen. This car definitely appeared to belong to the resident of that property as it was parked outside the front fence but made me wonder if the police were aware of this vehicle?It is an extremely quiet street out of the way of everything which reinforced my thoughts of an opportunistic crime as it's not the kind of street where you would sit and watch.
travelled the back roads to Logan's crossing which would only be done by a local, they are rough terrain in most parts so better with a 4wd. So much scrub that it would be impossible to search the area in great detail but it didn't stop me looking as we drove past
there are posters of "where's William" in almost every shop around town and a huge billboard on the highway but very little conversation to be had about WT. the very mention of him had some confused as to why it was brought up. My daughter knew more about WT than some of the local kids which was sad I thought.

BBM

munky79 drove up Benaroon Drive this past October long weekend when she was visiting family in Laurieton. She saw a white station wagon parked in the street on the property just down the road from William's GM's former residence. I asked her to let Crimestoppers know.

and "the new residents....endure curious tourists....looking at the street where William went missing"

It would be a nightmare owning that house IMO.

So many interviews by police and reporters have been done from the pavement....just on the council land.

Has it been a full moon? This thread became very strange.

For those of you who have photoshop experience, would you mind really looking at the vehicle in the 1st picture of the new real estate ad for 48 Benaroon drive? I really think it has been photoshopped, is not to scale and parts of the background through the trees look blurred. If it has been, does anyone else think that is a very bizarre thing to add to this photo?http://www.domain.com.au/for-sale/kendall-nsw-2439-2012336605?adid=2012336605

Not photoshopped, just like Makara says. White tends to 'burn' into an image and if a darker object is I front of something white, sometimes it appears to overlap into the darker object. It looks small because it IS small - there's a fair distance between the location of the photographer and the road where the white car is parked. Jmo.

The agent MUST disclose the homes history. (By law)

Selling a house with history

Every home has a history, but some histories are more chequered than others. Crime scenes, murders, tragic accidents and other grisly happenings don’t just attract media attention; they can also also put a potential buyer off.

So what happens when a property with a past comes up for sale? Should a potential buyer be told about what went on? We asked the experts.

In 2004 the Sydney home in which Sef Gonzales murdered his family was sold to some buyers who were unaware of its tragic past. Once they found out about the home’s history, they didn’t want to proceed with the purchase. This prompted a review of the NSW laws surrounding disclosure. The agent had to refund their deposit, and the home was later sold for less than the original price.

http://www.realestate.com.au/blog/selling-house-history/

The agent MUST disclose the homes history. (By law)

Selling a house with history

Every home has a history, but some histories are more chequered than others. Crime scenes, murders, tragic accidents and other grisly happenings don’t just attract media attention; they can also also put a potential buyer off.

So what happens when a property with a past comes up for sale? Should a potential buyer be told about what went on? We asked the experts.

In 2004 the Sydney home in which Sef Gonzales murdered his family was sold to some buyers who were unaware of its tragic past. Once they found out about the home’s history, they didn’t want to proceed with the purchase. This prompted a review of the NSW laws surrounding disclosure. The agent had to refund their deposit, and the home was later sold for less than the original price.

http://www.realestate.com.au/blog/selling-house-history/

I thought this only applied to properties where a person(s) had been found deceased on the property.

I suppose William's disappearance could come under this section of the Act, if the purchaser(s) asked:

http://www5.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/nsw/consol_act/psabaa2002385/s52.html

There's A LOT of loose dirt under that house! I'm not sure if it's been freshly moved though.

I've lived in an 'upside down' house previously, with living upstairs and smaller space downstairs allowing for the slope of the land - similar to grandma's but with bedrooms where her under-house-garage is, if you know what I mean. That looks like what I would call 'top soil' rather than anything that would structurally be supporting the house. The house is on stilts after all. It looks like the newly paved garage floor area was cleared by scooping back the soil and piling it up there, adding to the sloping land and making it a more severe angle. Why would the builders leave that top soil there and not remove it - why not scrape it back to the rock level?

Jmo.

I've lived in an 'upside down' house previously, with living upstairs and smaller space downstairs allowing for the slope of the land - similar to grandma's but with bedrooms where her under-house-garage is, if you know what I mean. That looks like what I would call 'top soil' rather than anything that would structurally be supporting the house. The house is on stilts after all. It looks like the newly paved garage floor area was cleared by scooping back the soil and piling it up there, adding to the sloping land and making it a more severe angle. Why would the builders leave that top soil there and not remove it - why not scrape it back to the rock level?

Jmo.

Maybe even builders' rubble from when the house was first built? The concrete floor has been laid post-September 2014 as it looked like just a dirt floor before that. The reason the new owners piled it up depends on whether they were prepared to pay to have it removed. It looks like a fair few tonnes - wouldn't be cheap!

It is recommended for the purchaser to do ALL their own searches on the property.
Eg. A pest report supplied by the vendor may not be an honest report or a search with council to ensure any extensions or pool has been passed by council. Verbal can be accepted but highly not recommended.
Only if the vendor wants to pass on the original building plans they can but it's not a prerequisite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member