AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it's very suspicious. The person must be known to the family or friends in some way. I always thought police had to establish contact themselves to withdraw a missing persons report. Huge oversight!

http://www.australianmissingpersonsregister.com/Introduction.htm

If you have been reported missing to Police then you will need to be sighted by a Police Officer in person in order to be removed from their missing files, they need to make 100% sure you are safe and well.

15 minutes ago
8vt04iqb-bigger.ashx

Follow
[h=5]Edward Godfrey @EdwardGodfrey9[/h]
SA Police in Alice Springs hunting whoever's responsible for Karlie & Khandalyce's murder. @9NewsAdel #9Newscomau https://t.co/7UAbKbNyo7 [video=twitter;657074266689548288]https://twitter.com/EdwardGodfrey9/status/657074266689548288[/video]​
CR5lje6UcAAJzU9.jpg

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national#Zvw4A7YY71pxIXTY.99

Actually good point about the car! Police would be able to find out the colour, make and model, serial # and rego # of her car from records (and also via confirmation of last sightings of her driving), and look into the possibility of it being sold later down the track, or against records of dumped cars (if it was reported a long time ago). Remember they found Daniel Morecombe's killer's old car on Bribie Island or somewhere?

Re suitcase: I'm leaning towards the suitcase being held by the killer/s for sentimental reasons, and that suitcase then ending up in the hands of a loved one of the killer/s (through inheritance or found during a cleanup with perhaps the killer already in jail for another crime?) or having been stolen from a property and dumped in a panic. Far away from wherever the suitcase originally was.

Now, when you look at how both mother and child were disposed - there are stark differences, which shows how the killer/s viewed each of their victims. One buried alone, in a notorious forest. The other, kept away from her mother, in a suitcase, surrounded by her clothes and her blankie, and from the decomposition of the items, been held there in a miniature coffin for all these years.

As a side note: my best mate used to work with milat's nephew back in 2010 in the act. Used to carpool with him and brag about his uncle. That boy would have been around 17/18 then. He wasn't a very good worker or well liked at all.

Something about the photos of Karlie and Khandalyce taken at the shopping centre bothers me:

Smart Phones were first introduced into Australia in 2008. http://www.adnews.com.au/news/opinion-why-australians-love-their-smartphones

As a late-adopter of the new technology, I used my old-school flip phone for ages before upgrading to the hip new Smart Phone.

My mobile carrier offered two-year contracts, which meant I was eligible for an upgrade to a new handset every two years.
So, since 2008, I’ve had 3 iPhones.

Looking at Karlie’s phone in the photo, she had one of the basic flip phones, same as I had at the time.

Those flip phones had quite a limited storage capacity. And that’s where my query lies: Photo kept for 7 years?
I’m thinking that the photos were taken on a phone, because who goes to a shopping mall with a camera?
These days, Smart Phones can easily transfer photos from a previous model to a new phone, but back then, not so much.

My point is that, whoever took those photos of Karlie and Khandalyce
kept those photos, possibly across several new handsets, for 7 years – which, to me, means whoever took the photos was very attached to Karlie. The poor girl didn’t look happy about having her photo taken at the time.
No stalking involved, just a genuine query.

Those photos could have been uploaded from the phone years ago and kept in storage - I still have old photos from my ye olde 2003 phone on various flash drives and hard drives.

I wondered if the earlier photo of Karlie might be when she was pregnant, carrying more weight etc.
I had a phone that was capable of good photos in 2006, used it to take pics of a new baby and then transferred to my pc.
Something about the photos of Karlie and Khandalyce taken at the shopping centre bothers me:

Smart Phones were first introduced into Australia in 2008. http://www.adnews.com.au/news/opinion-why-australians-love-their-smartphones

As a late-adopter of the new technology, I used my old-school flip phone for ages before upgrading to the hip new Smart Phone.

My mobile carrier offered two-year contracts, which meant I was eligible for an upgrade to a new handset every two years.

Looking at Karlie’s phone in the photo, she had one of the basic flip phones, same as I had at the time.

Those flip phones had quite a limited storage capacity. And that’s where my query lies: Photo kept for 7 years?
I’m thinking that the photos were taken on a phone, because who goes to a shopping mall with a camera?
These days, Smart Phones can easily transfer photos from a previous model to a new phone, but back then, not so much.

kept those photos, possibly across several new handsets, for 7 years – which, to me, means whoever took the photos was very attached to Karlie. The poor girl didn’t look happy about having her photo taken at the time.

The pics could have been transferred onto a PC and kept. I xfer all my phone pics so I can delete them off my phone to take more :)

MOO!!

You do need to give a physical address of where you are actually living. Address of a caravan park, hostel, farm where you are working etc is ok, and you can have a separate postal address, c/- post office for example. The exception would be if somebody is homeless, Centrelink could then do a temporary work-around by putting the person's home address as the nearest Centrelink office... but this would require the person to have an appointment with a social worker first.

It's highly possible she just kept her previous address in Alice Springs. Letters could of been going to family members or her mother. If they knew she had no fixed address they might of not minded. And Centrelink would not be pressuring her for appointments or work as she was a single mother with a young child. It's possible that as she was only just identified the payments continued or any letters went unopened and benefits were cut off after a few years. If they could not contact her they would not of been suspicious. There is hundreds of thousands receiving Centrelink. Or she may not of been receiving benefits as working. If someone else was claiming her benefits I'm sure there will be an arrest soon. But I think it's unlikely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got the most storage possible on my phone because I like having all of them in the one place (I sync it to the computer but keep them on my ohine).

In 2008 I had a nifty little digital camera that I took everywhere with me in my handbag. Perhaps this person did too. I think it's more likely to be a digital camera pic than a phone pic. Just IMO.

15 minutes ago
8vt04iqb-bigger.ashx

Follow
[h=5]Edward Godfrey @EdwardGodfrey9[/h]
SA Police in Alice Springs hunting whoever's responsible for Karlie & Khandalyce's murder. @9NewsAdel #9Newscomau https://t.co/7UAbKbNyo7 [video=twitter;657074266689548288]https://twitter.com/EdwardGodfrey9/status/657074266689548288[/video]​
CR5lje6UcAAJzU9.jpg

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national#Zvw4A7YY71pxIXTY.99

One interesting comment on that post is 'we know the truth' by the cousin. It IMO implies there is more to the story to the public knows. Possibly that is about why the mother left Alice Springs rather then the murder. Does anyone know when the mother/grandmother died and how? That could be one huge reason why there was not further questions about her whereabouts. The woman with no sympathy in this article though is very harsh and unforgiving. Highly unlikely she knows what happened so unfair to make such a judgement. Also I do not think the police released image after the mother was found looks a lot like the real her. There must be some very heartbroken people in Alice Springs right now. [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It says it is finished because they have enough money:

<modsnip>

The family have just made a statement on FB saying they have been offered assistance from local Govt.

I imagine because of this they have pulled the campaign.

were they travelling in their own car . everything I've seen on news reports or read have never mentioned their car , only that they were pulled at Coober Pedy up for a routine check involving A car ?

As a side note: my best mate used to work with milat's nephew back in 2010 in the act. Used to carpool with him and brag about his uncle. That boy would have been around 17/18 then. He wasn't a very good worker or well liked at all.

Do you know if they had anything to do with drugs of exploiting women? And what this family did for a living?

Those photos could have been uploaded from the phone years ago and kept in storage - I still have old photos from my ye olde 2003 phone on various flash drives and hard drives.

Completely agree, Silver. I just don't think that uploading and storing was the norm back in the day. I was just putting it out there for discussion, that's all. I have several old phones in the back of a cupboard crammed with photos I want to keep, but couldn't be fussed with all the trouble it took to upload them at the time, as the technology was challenging for me. I was just making the point that it seemed unusual to keep a photo for 7 years, especially a photo that didn't seem especially welcome at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member