Votes: 143 19.9%
  • No, they are not safe

Votes: 91 12.7%
  • No, I have a health issue that doesn't allow it

Votes: 21 2.9%
  • Other: please explain

Votes: 55 7.7%

• Total voters
Guys, I need prayers. I can't shake this flu.

This always works for me if it involves nose-throat-lungs .... It taste awful but it works good

Take a sip of hard liquor , Rye or Brandy , swish it around in your mouth like it was mouthwash , then swallow it , keep your nose plugged so you dont taste it , then take several deep breaths slowly through your mouth with lips barely open , then breath it all out through your nose

The alcohol will kill the germs in your mouth and part of your throat , breathing in thru your mouth carries alcohol vapors to your lungs and then blow the vapors out thru your nose .

I am not a drinker per say but if I am able to do that about 10 times in 2 hours it helps me sleep , and the hint of flu or cold is gone the next morning (I always do it as soon as I get the sniffles)

Listerine or similar strong mouthwash kills germs in your mouth but you cannot swallow it , hard liquor you can swallow and it kills the germs in your throat and probably even your stomach.

I don't get flu shots. They always make me very ill and I end up getting the flu anyway. My husband got the flu mist (Army required) and forgot to tell me. I got sick and he didn't. I also have psoriasis, fibromyalgia and myoclonus which seem to make me more susceptible to viruses in general. I stopped wasting my time getting sick twice. My son does not get flu shots either, he has had all of his other vaccinations, but I spread them out. He and his father are healthy. I'm the one who gets their sniffles and it turns into a week in bed. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I learned today of two people in my area who have just gotten the flu, so apparently it's already making the rounds. Very grateful now that DD and I have already gotten our protection...

They have all had their immunizations up to a certain age. If I could do over I would have only had them get a few vaccinations and would have spread them out.
Which shots have they received? Do you know you can't enter 7th grade in public school without proof of the TDap vaccination, at least not in California.

I don't get flu shots. They always make me very ill and I end up getting the flu anyway. My husband got the flu mist (Army required) and forgot to tell me. I got sick and he didn't. I also have psoriasis, fibromyalgia and myoclonus which seem to make me more susceptible to viruses in general. I stopped wasting my time getting sick twice. My son does not get flu shots either, he has had all of his other vaccinations, but I spread them out. He and his father are healthy. I'm the one who gets their sniffles and it turns into a week in bed. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You probably aren't getting them quickly enough to have full protection, or they aren't covering the strains you came down with. The sickness you feel after the shots is not the full-on flu. I've experienced both and there is no comparison. The full-on flu is way worse, so if your immune system is compromised, you are not helping yourself by not getting protection, JMO...

This always works for me if it involves nose-throat-lungs .... It taste awful but it works good

Take a sip of hard liquor , Rye or Brandy , swish it around in your mouth like it was mouthwash , then swallow it , keep your nose plugged so you dont taste it , then take several deep breaths slowly through your mouth with lips barely open , then breath it all out through your nose

The alcohol will kill the germs in your mouth and part of your throat , breathing in thru your mouth carries alcohol vapors to your lungs and then blow the vapors out thru your nose .

I am not a drinker per say but if I am able to do that about 10 times in 2 hours it helps me sleep , and the hint of flu or cold is gone the next morning (I always do it as soon as I get the sniffles)

Listerine or similar strong mouthwash kills germs in your mouth but you cannot swallow it , hard liquor you can swallow and it kills the germs in your throat and probably even your stomach.

Explain how getting drunk, beyond making you feel good, kills the viruses that have invaded your cells please.:waitasec::thinking:

Explain how getting drunk, beyond making you feel good, kills the viruses that have invaded your cells please.:waitasec::thinking:

HUH ???? .... nobody got drunk . Everybody knows alcohol kills germs in mouth and throat , that is the whole purpose of mouthwash isn't it ?? Our immune system begins fighting the virus from the first minute and every way we help kill the virus is beneficial .

HUH ???? .... nobody got drunk . Everybody knows alcohol kills germs in mouth and throat , that is the whole purpose of mouthwash isn't it ?? Our immune system begins fighting the virus from the first minute and every way we help kill the virus is beneficial .
My MIL swore by a similar hard alcohol treatment. For that matter, when I was a kid, a great many cough and cold medicines were largely alcohol. Just because alcohol was removed from meds doesn't mean it wasn't effective, just that the risks are better understood now.

Lol, my dad used to complain that meds just aren't as effective now that the alcohol has been removed.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

My MIL swore by a similar hard alcohol treatment. For that matter, when I was a kid, a great many cough and cold medicines were largely alcohol. Just because alcohol was removed from meds doesn't mean it wasn't effective, just that the risks are better understood now.

Lol, my dad used to complain that meds just aren't as effective now that the alcohol has been removed.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yes , alcohol was theee germ killer back in those days. So was Listerine Antiseptic which was 26% alcohol. Whiskey is even better at 40% and when you swallow it the germs in your throat get knocked out too..

In a pinch Listerine or hard liquor can also be used as a hand sanitizer or disinfectant or whatever. Many people are lured to believe you have to buy designer germ killers at a pharmacy

Even things like household vinegar are good for killing bacteria on counters and cutting boards and it cost nothing. Before refrigeration became common , restaurants served a vinegar salad before a meal to help combat bacteria in food .... most people think it was to improve the flavor of the salad but it actually tastes awful unless it is combined with something sweet .

[h=2]
icon1.png
The Shot That Prevents Heart Attacks[/h]
By Lisa Collier Cool
Nov 26, 2012
If you’re tempted to skip your flu shot, consider this: Getting vaccinated cuts risk for a heart attack or stroke by up to 50 percent, according to two studies presented at the Canadian Cardiovascular Congress.
Scientists from TIMU Study Group and Network for Innovation in Clinical Research analyzed published clinical trials involving a total of 3,227 patients, half of whom had been diagnosed with heart disease. Participants, whose average age was 60, were randomly assigned to either receive flu vaccine or a placebo shot, then their health was tracked for 12 months.Those who got the flu shot were 50 percent less likely to suffer major cardiac events (such as heart attacks or strokes) and 40 percent less likely to die of cardiac causes. Similar trends were found in patients with and without previous heart disease. The findings suggest “that flu vaccine is a heart vaccine,” lead study author Jacob Udell told Fox News. more at link: http://health.yahoo.net/experts/dayi...-heart-attacks

My opinion is that, Yes, the flu shot works when they get the strains right. But completely unnecessary for most healthy individuals. I have never had a flu shot and likely never will.

Thank you for the smile. Even my MD DH enjoyed this one. Heck, hard liquor can even kill you. :D

My opinion is that, Yes, the flu shot works when they get the strains right. But completely unnecessary for most healthy individuals. I have never had a flu shot and likely never will.

Linas K has made a lot of valid points on why you should get one, especially if you are in the high risk group. I think you are also correct in that most healthy individuals with intact immune systems probably won't contract influenza.

There are so many factors at play, it is like rolling the dice. After almost dying from H1N1 pneumonia in 2009, I no longer have the option to refuse. I found out I like breathing. :)

Preventable causes of death in the USA

23.1% Medical errors in hospitals
3.5% Alcohol
1.8% Traffic collisions
1.3% Firearm deaths
0.7% Drug abuse

The one at the top of the list never makes the news.

3.5% Alcohol
1.8% Traffic collisions
1.3% Firearm deaths
0.7% Drug abuse

That's interesting -- can you link the source of your stats? I think there is something else at play here.

And for what it's worth, having 'medical errors' and 'alcohol' in the same list is like comparing apples to orangutans. And so I think that we probably need to see what is defined as a 'preventable cause of death' before those numbers are worth a penny.

That's interesting -- can you link the source of your stats? I think there is something else at play here.

And for what it's worth, having 'medical errors' and 'alcohol' in the same list is like comparing apples to orangutans. And so I think that we probably need to see what is defined as a 'preventable cause of death' before those numbers are worth a penny.

http://www.hospitalsafetyscore.org/...dleading-causeofdeathinus-improvementstooslow

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preventable_causes_of_death

Many more sources but you have to search for it , and often the statistics are written in medical vernacular so that most people do not understand it.

3.5% Alcohol
1.8% Traffic collisions
1.3% Firearm deaths
0.7% Drug abuse

Do more people die from getting a flu shot do than from getting the flu?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

By Kale Williams
Updated 3:44 pm, Wednesday, November 4, 2015

State health officials announced Wednesday that the first death related to the 2015-16 flu season occurred in Santa Clara County and encouraged residents to get vaccinated. “As California’s public health officer, I am troubled when the flu turns into loss of life,” Dr. Karen Smith, of the California Department of Public Health, said in a statement. “It doesn’t have to. That’s why I urge you to get your flu shot. By getting vaccinated, you can keep yourself healthy and stop the virus from spreading to others.”
Health officials would only say that the Santa Clara County resident who died was under 65. No other details of the patient, including gender, were released.
The flu, also known as influenza, has seen only sporadic activity in California, Smith said. But that should not give people an excuse to not be vigilant against virus, which typically peaks from December through April.
“Now is a good time to be vaccinated before the flu really spreads widely,” Smith said.
At least 78 people died due to influenza-related illnesses in the state during the last flu season, Smith said. But she added that many fatal cases go unrecognized because only deaths in people under the age of 65 are reported to the state health department. more at link: http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/...son-is-a-Santa-Clara-6611269.php?cmpid=brknow

http://www.hospitalsafetyscore.org/...dleading-causeofdeathinus-improvementstooslow

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preventable_causes_of_death

Many more sources but you have to search for it , and often the statistics are written in medical vernacular so that most people do not understand it.

How does medical errors in a hospital equate with flu shots??? :thinking::waitasec:First of all, most flu shots are not given in a hospital setting- usually it's a doctor's office, a clinic, or even a pharmacy or grocery store. 2nd, when I think of medical errors in a hospital, it's usually the wrong patient taken for surgery, or the wrong medication or dose given, etc, etc. Giving a flu shot is NOT a medical error.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back