Dan Rassier: Former POI **Wrongly accused**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted years ago on this forum, and I'm trying to go through all the threads since then. So many interesting posts by everyone. I'm still trying to play catch up. Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but regarding the comments under "For 1st time, person of interest goes through day of Wetterling abduction," DR, or someone posting as him, states he never had a journal on Jacob. I thought LE took something like that from DR's house.

I posted years ago on this forum, and I'm trying to go through all the threads since then. So many interesting posts by everyone. I'm still trying to play catch up. Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but regarding the comments under "For 1st time, person of interest goes through day of Wetterling abduction," DR, or someone posting as him, states he never had a journal on Jacob. I thought LE took something like that from DR's house.

Yes, it is on here somewhere that he did. It is very vague in my mind that there were missing pages, I don't know how to search for it on here

I have sent a request to a doctor specializing in body language analysis to study the interviews DR has done with the media.

http://www.clipsyndicate.com/video/...ive_interview_w_wetterling_person_of_interest

Sas...I've done the same thing with someone I know that works in the FBI behavioral analysis unit that has looked at every interview DR has done publicly and in all of them there are several body & verbal clues that he's lying. It was very interesting seeing how they analyze everything. When a person is lying their body wants to tell the truth so there are several nervous signs that are picked up on right away. Also this person had a sheet with several words a person will use to try to distance themselves from the crime and DR used a bunch of them. Nothing is exact of course but I learned quite a bit from it.

I think that he answered the question properly in the literal sense of the question. DR kept a journal, part of it was on Jacob. So, the journal itself was not about Jacob, some of the entries were. IMO saying the journal was about Jacob would be a stretch.

I think that he answered the question properly in the literal sense of the question. DR kept a journal, part of it was on Jacob. So, the journal itself was not about Jacob, some of the entries were. IMO saying the journal was about Jacob would be a stretch.

Were there missing pages?

Do you know what he said about Jacob in the journal?

http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1102/28/ng.01.html

SANNER: Sure. Last summer, the sheriff`s office, in coordination with the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension and the FBI, executed a search warrant on the property near the abduction site. And we did seize a number of items that were taken to our crime lab for analysis. And some of the items that I`m talking about are still undergoing additional testing.

CASAREZ: Did you do a search inside the home or just on the grounds?

SANNER: Both.

CASAREZ: Was this the first time you had searched inside the home?

SANNER: It had been -- the inside of the residence had been looked at very early on in 1989, 1990. But I can`t talk to what extent that that search was conducted.

CASAREZ: To Mary Divine, reporter, "St. Paul Pioneer Press."

Do you know at all what was seized inside the home during that search?

DIVINE: This past summer, a couple of the things taken was a box of newspaper clippings about Jacob`s abduction. And they were excerpts from a journal with Daniel Rassier`s thoughts about the case.

Daniel Rassier is a Person of Interest in the case of Jacob Wetterling. *I'm wondering if I could gain your input from these interviews he has done with the media-

http://archive.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=875911&catid=396

http://archive.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=875817

http://www.clipsyndicate.com/video/...ive_interview_w_wetterling_person_of_interest

Thank you,

Michael V

Raiser definitely has some odd behavior like his smiling and laughing etc throughout the interviews but that doesn't suggest innocence or guilt . He is odd in the fact that he kept a file on the case but since it occurred in his vicinity it may be understandable. He also discusses in detail what would be found in the ash machine like material and bones which is too much information but then again it may be an attempt for him to appear forthright*

The fact that he has not lawyered up and been very cooperative with law enforcement didn't fit the profile of someone *who is hiding or guilty especially after all these years

I read that one of the survivors said the man had a low gravely voice . In Raisers interviews his voice is not low and gravely and he does have a pronounced lisp and an odd affectation.

What they needed to have done in the case early on was a vocal lineup where they took Raisers voice sample of what the witness reported he said. And then embedded that sample with other voices and had the witness pick out which voice sounded like the perpetrator . But at this point it may be too late because if the time lapsed and the changes in Raisers voice pattern 2 decades later and contaminated by the fact he may have heard the interviews if Raiser speaking

So in a court of law unless they find *the boys DNA on the property or in Raissers possession it would be hard for a jury to find him guilty as there is a lot of reasonable doubt.*

So from the body language he doesn't present anything to implicate himself as his body language is consistent in terms of what he says. It may indicate he believes what he is saying and after all these years convinced himself that he had nothing to do with the crime or that he in fact is telling the truth

One needs to interview someone immediately after the event to get more information and have it be accurate.*

I hope this answered your question

Dr. Lillian Glass

How does the 911 call from Dan go missing? All calls related to Jacob should have been saved, especially from that night.

How does the 911 call from Dan go missing? All calls related to Jacob should have been saved, especially from that night.

So many things that should have been done that weren't. I think we all agree LE messed up on some important things. At the top of the list is their failure to search structures nearest the abduction site that night. Had they done so, Dan wouldn't be a POI. I always believed the perp lived very close to the abduction site, and fled on foot, not in a vehicle. I think the perp had fantasized about abducting a boy for a while. I don't think he ever did it before, nor since. It was a one time thing. He crossed paths with the boys that day as they walked past his property, and he knew they would be passing by again to go home. He just went for it. He couldn't let Jacob go because Jacob would have been able to identify the structure he was taken to. The perp had a "clean reputation" to uphold and couldn't risk it. I believe the case would have been solved that night had LE searched structures located near the abduction site. If any of the property owners refused to allow the search without a warrant - big red flag for me, considering they were searching for an abducted child. I know my civil rights, but I certainly would not stand in the way when a child's life is at risk. Law enforcement not searching nearby structures that night is probably the biggest error in this case. That's why I don't think this case will ever be solved without a confession, and that is unlikely.

So many things that should have been done that weren't. I think we all agree LE messed up on some important things. At the top of the list is their failure to search structures nearest the abduction site that night. Had they done so, Dan wouldn't be a POI. I always believed the perp lived very close to the abduction site, and fled on foot, not in a vehicle. I think the perp had fantasized about abducting a boy for a while. I don't think he ever did it before, nor since. It was a one time thing. He crossed paths with the boys that day as they walked past his property, and he knew they would be passing by again to go home. He just went for it. He couldn't let Jacob go because Jacob would have been able to identify the structure he was taken to. The perp had a "clean reputation" to uphold and couldn't risk it. I believe the case would have been solved that night had LE searched structures located near the abduction site. If any of the property owners refused to allow the search without a warrant - big red flag for me, considering they were searching for an abducted child. I know my civil rights, but I certainly would not stand in the way when a child's life is at risk. Law enforcement not searching nearby structures that night is probably the biggest error in this case. That's why I don't think this case will ever be solved without a confession, and that is unlikely.

A few things could solve the case but the biggest things would be a confession, DNA evidence or a body. It sounds like they might have some type of DNA evidence waiting on further testing and on the confession I often wonder what DR will do if anything once his parents are no longer around....and assuming he is the perp of course. In a couple of his interviews I get the impression that he is severely obedient of his parents.

DR's greatest mistake, talking to the media. Let"s not play dumb, I'm going to convict DR.

DR says in this interview at approximately 3 mins 30 seconds "What more can I do"

This is significant. Because we have figured out DR never spoke about the cars he saw until they went and questioned him at his place of work the next morning. "What more can I DO"

The POI went to SLEEP. The next day he's the cases most crucial eyewitness and the car is 1000 miles away.

RBBM

If he had been carried away by foot, the scent trail would not have ended at the last print. Even if he had been carried, he would still have left a scent trail of dead skin cells. The dog followed the scent to the last print. Unless he was put in a large plastic bag, the scent trail would have continued to the farm, across the field or into the woods and on. Scent trails do not come to an abrupt end without a reason. Notably so where there are not other influencing scents that could throw the dog off.

RBBM

If he had been carried away by foot, the scent trail would not have ended at the last print. Even if he had been carried, he would still have left a scent trail of dead skin cells. The dog followed the scent to the last print. Unless he was put in a large plastic bag, the scent trail would have continued to the farm, across the field or into the woods and on. Scent trails do not come to an abrupt end without a reason. Notably so where there are not other influencing scents that could throw the dog off.

He could have been put in a vehicle that was identified to belong on the farm, car,pickup or some other kind of vehicle.

He could have been put in a vehicle that was identified to belong on the farm, car,pickup or some other kind of vehicle.

You have a dog saying his scent ended on the driveway. You have LE ruling that out 15 years later. Then you wonder, did the dog lead them over to the woodpile?

Has LE ever referenced the wood pile? This obsession has to end.

Jacob's scent ended where his last footprint was/is. Plain and simple he was put into a vehicle. Do we need to rehash the dozens of missing persons and unsolved homicide cases that this Sheriff has failed to solve? Do we have to readdress the wrongful arrest of Ryan Larson? This isn't Sherlock Holmes on the case.

If he was put in a vehicle, you don't know for certain which way that vehicle was pointing..with the little track evidence available to the public. Then after Kevin comes forward you now have LE focusing on a perp that was on foot. Knowing they obviously have much more info than us...that tells me they have the other tracks accounted for and one of them could've been a Rassier farm vehicle for all we know.

If he was put in a vehicle, you don't know for certain which way that vehicle was pointing..with the little track evidence available to the public. Then after Kevin comes forward you now have LE focusing on a perp that was on foot. Knowing they obviously have much more info than us...that tells me they have the other tracks accounted for and one of them could've been a Rassier farm vehicle for all we know.

I am going to reply to this in the correct thread. Tire Tracks and Shoe Prints

DR's greatest mistake, talking to the media. Let"s not play dumb, I'm going to convict DR.

DR says in this interview at approximately 3 mins 30 seconds "What more can I do"

This is significant. Because we have figured out DR never spoke about the cars he saw until they went and questioned him at his place of work the next morning. "What more can I DO"

The POI went to SLEEP. The next day he's the cases most crucial eyewitness and the car is 1000 miles away.

Wow Sas some developments today huh? I pray that the families find peace and resolution.

<modsnip>

I think there were plenty indicators and things that could have had DR involved. The whole point has always been to convict or clear him. Did we take it too far? I think DR will turn out just fine.

Wow Sas some developments today huh? I pray that the families find peace and resolution.

It will be a wait and watch period I'm sure to find out if DR was involved or why they were looking at him. I realize we may never find out, and they may never clear him even if he deserves it. There was something that sure got and retained their attention (and probable cause for searches on multiple occasions) on DR even when shoe prints and tire tracks at the scene did not match his. I feel a two-perp theory is still in play, although I'm less convinced of this since DH appears to have been a lone perp on many occasions.

Question: Didn't the boys say "black boots" for Jacob's abductor? These DH shoes are white tennis shoes. So am I confused and black boots were only mentioned for Jared's case? Or maybe boys imagined black boots? Or there were two perps. I may need to post this last question in the other thread too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo