CA - Gabriela Calzada, 19, & Briana Gallegos, 17, murdered, Los Angeles, 28 Oct 2015

pappa rob

Reaction score
Bodies of two women discovered in Los Angeles park. Police received a call at 2:21 p.m. from a citizen reporting two dead bodies discovered near each other at Ernest E. Debs Regional Park, a large open space in the Montecito Heights neighborhood of northeast Los Angeles. The bodies, which appeared to be clothed, were found a few dozen feet from a trail.
http://news.yahoo.com/bodies-two-women-discovered-los-angeles-park-002351479.html

Southern California Public Radio

http://www.scpr.org/news/2015/10/28/55327/2-female-bodies-found-in-montecito-heights/

"Two female bodies between the ages of 18 and 25 ..."

"A witness was walking her dog when she discovered the two bodies, ...." "...the scene near Ernest E. Debs Regional Park in the area of Mercury Avenue and Boundary Avenue."

"Hollenbeck Homicide Detectives were on the scene conducting an investigation."​

Mystery deepens over deaths of two women found in Montecito Heights park

October 29, 2015 9:28 AM

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-women-dead-montecito-heights-park-20151029-story.html

Los Angeles Times
By Veronica Rocha and Nicole Santa CruzContact Reporters

“The circumstances surrounding the deaths of two women whose bodies were found in a popular Eastside area park in Los Angeles remained a mystery Thursday.”

“Los Angeles police investigators kept information close to the vest ...”

“Police have not said whether the women died from a murder-suicide or a random killing. It was unclear how long the bodies had been at the park before they were discovered.”

“Los Angeles Police Capt. Martin Baeza told The Times that the investigation into the two women’s deaths is still very preliminary. At this point, police are working with the coroner to identify the women and are looking through missing persons reports to see whether anything matches.

“They do appear to be younger as opposed to older,” Baeza said.

Baeza said that the women, who were found fully clothed about 300 yards from the street, did not appear to have been sexually assaulted. Baeza declined to comment on whether police found obvious signs of trauma on the bodies.”

Police identify one of two women found dead in Montecito Heights park

Los Angeles Times
Thursday 29 October, 2015
By Ruben Vives, Nicole Santa Cruz, Stephen Ceasar, and Kate Mather

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-women-dead-montecito-heights-park-20151029-story.html

“The meandering trails of Ernest E. Debs Regional Park are normally bustling with early-morning hikers, joggers and dog walkers.

But on Thursday, less than a day after the bodies of a young woman and a teenage girl were discovered in bushes on a hillside, an eerie stillness fell over the picturesque park.”

“LAPD Capt. Martin Baeza identified one of the victims as 19-year-old Gabriela Jennifer Calzada. Detectives believe they have identified the second victim, a 17-year-old, but were waiting for coroner’s officials to confirm, LAPD Cmdr. Andrew Smith said Thursday afternoon.

It was unclear how long the bodies had been at the park before they were discovered.

Smith said that the two had suffered blunt-force trauma, but the LAPD was waiting for coroner’s officials to determine the cause of death. Detectives were trying to determine where they were killed, Smith said, but believe their bodies were in the park for a “short period of time.””

“A 53-year-old woman, who declined to give her name because she feared for her safety, said she and a group of friends were working out at the park about 11 a.m. Wednesday when they came across two young women who appearded (sic) to be in their 20s on a trail.

She didn’t know whether they were the same two whose bodies were later found. As she and her friends continued, they passed a man who was wearing a cap and carrying a backpack. The man quickly turned his cap forward and looked away from them as he passed. Then he blasted rock music.

She said she was startled by the music and told her friends, “Hurry up, let's walk faster.”

The woman said she and her friends have been working out at the park for several years, but now that may change.

“We are never coming back here again because we are scared,” she said.”​

This article shows their pictures and says that investigators have not ruled out murder-suicide.

http://ktla.com/2015/10/30/friends-...ark-in-montecito-heights-as-17-year-old-girl/

They must have changed that since you read the article. There is no mention of murder-suicide now but it says

"A cause of death has not been determined for either of the victims, but there was evidence of blunt force trauma on both bodies and a homicide investigation was underway."

Police identify one of two women found dead in Montecito Heights park

Los Angeles Times
Thursday 29 October, 2015
By Ruben Vives, Nicole Santa Cruz, Stephen Ceasar, and Kate Mather

“The meandering trails of Ernest E. Debs Regional Park are normally bustling with early-morning hikers, joggers and dog walkers.

But on Thursday, less than a day after the bodies of a young woman and a teenage girl were discovered in bushes on a hillside, an eerie stillness fell over the picturesque park.”

“LAPD Capt. Martin Baeza identified one of the victims as 19-year-old Gabriela Jennifer Calzada. Detectives believe they have identified the second victim, a 17-year-old, but were waiting for coroner’s officials to confirm, LAPD Cmdr. Andrew Smith said Thursday afternoon.

It was unclear how long the bodies had been at the park before they were discovered.

Smith said that the two had suffered blunt-force trauma, but the LAPD was waiting for coroner’s officials to determine the cause of death. Detectives were trying to determine where they were killed, Smith said, but believe their bodies were in the park for a “short period of time.””

“A 53-year-old woman, who declined to give her name because she feared for her safety, said she and a group of friends were working out at the park about 11 a.m. Wednesday when they came across two young women who appearded (sic) to be in their 20s on a trail.

She didn’t know whether they were the same two whose bodies were later found. As she and her friends continued, they passed a man who was wearing a cap and carrying a backpack. The man quickly turned his cap forward and looked away from them as he passed. Then he blasted rock music.

She said she was startled by the music and told her friends, “Hurry up, let's walk faster.”

The woman said she and her friends have been working out at the park for several years, but now that may change.

“We are never coming back here again because we are scared,” she said.”​

This article shows their pictures and says that investigators have not ruled out murder-suicide.

http://ktla.com/2015/10/30/friends-...ark-in-montecito-heights-as-17-year-old-girl/

They must have changed that since you read the article. There is no mention of murder-suicide now but it says

"A cause of death has not been determined for either of the victims, but there was evidence of blunt force trauma on both bodies and a homicide investigation was underway."

<snipped from article linked above>

&#8220;
A 53-year-old woman, who declined to give her name because she feared for her safety, said she and a group of friends were working out at the park about 11 a.m. Wednesday when they came across two young women who appearded (sic) to be in their 20s on a trail.

She didn&#8217;t know whether they were the same two whose bodies were later found. As she and her friends continued, they passed a man who was wearing a cap and carrying a backpack. The man quickly turned his cap forward and looked away from them as he passed. Then he blasted rock music.

She said she was startled by the music and told her friends, &#8220;Hurry up, let's walk faster.&#8221;

&#8220;We are never coming back here again because we are scared,&#8221; she said
.&#8221;

<BBM for Focus>

I agree Elainera, I believe that investigators can rule out murder-suicide. Can't remember a murder suicide where both victim's COD was blunt force trauma. Investigators were prolly just throwing that out there to diminish fear to prevent panicking the public. Imo, the woman and her friends that witnessed the suspicious backpack man, who turned his cap around, then looked the other way, were relying on observations and their 6th sense/hinky meter detecting danger/evil lingering in their midst..

The playing of the loud rock music by backpack man, which startled the woman and her friends causing them to walk faster is curious behavior unless it was intentional to cause fear. It would be interesting to know the name of the frightening rock song that he was blaring.. and why would a rock song create fear? jmo

Sounds like backpack guy meant to scare the ladies and make them leave the area so as not to discover the bodies.

MOO

Sounds like backpack guy meant to scare the ladies and make them leave the area so as not to discover the bodies.

MOO
I believe those ladies ran into backpack man at around 11am. Before the killings.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

So, they were last seen together on Tuesday night. I might have overlooked that before but I did not realize it until reading this article.

“Calzada's family said she had not been seen since Tuesday night while with Gallegos. Police said Calzada was reported missing around 9 p.m. Wednesday, hours after her body was found.”​

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...o-Heights-Park-IDd-by-Friends-338916972.html#

And, I have concluded that they both attended the Sonia Sotomayer Learning Academies although i am not clear on which school they each attended. (It consists of 5 different schools, 4 of which are high schools. All are in the same location.) So, where were they Tuesday night? Where did they say they were going or what they were planning to do? Were the two young women seen by the workout ladies these two? If so, why weren’t they in school?

They did change it. It was also originally mentioned in the Los Angeles Times article/s. It has since been edited out.

“6 p.m. This article was updated to remove a reference to authorities not knowing whether the women had been killed in a murder-suicide.”​

I would hope that a sketch and description of backpack man would be released by investigators to the public via msm asap..

<snipped from article linked above>

“

<BBM for Focus>

I agree Elainera, I believe that investigators can rule out murder-suicide. Can't remember a murder suicide where both victim's COD was blunt force trauma. Investigators were prolly just throwing that out there to diminish fear to prevent panicking the public. Imo, the woman and her friends that witnessed the suspicious backpack man, who turned his cap around, then looked the other way, were relying on observations and their 6th sense/hinky meter detecting danger/evil lingering in their midst..

The playing of the loud rock music by backpack man, which startled the woman and her friends causing them to walk faster is curious behavior unless it was intentional to cause fear. It would be interesting to know the name of the frightening rock song that he was blaring.. and why would a rock song create fear? jmo

I didn't think it was the song that created fear, it's that hikers/joggers don't normally play loud rock music in a nature park, may listen to music quietly on headphones. It would startle me if I was hiking and then I suddenly heard loud rock music.

Perhaps he turned up the volume so screams wouldn't be noticed?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back