MD MD - Baltimore, WhtFem 24-30, UP5439, 'Curtis Lee' turtle tatt, scar, needle marks, clothes, Jun'87

I saw this shared around fb today so thought I would come check out the thread.

A little about the area...

Curtis Bay is known for prositutes. I am not sure about 1987 but in the mid to late 90's when I hung in Brooklyn, hookers walked up and down Pennington Ave. Lots of drugs, too. I haven't really been to that area sin like 10 years but I imagine it is still the same.

There is a strip club down, or maybe it is up, the street from where she was found. It is called Fantasies but I don't know what year it was built.

It is also a big industrial area. Lots of factories and stuff in the area. There was also projects in the area called the Fairfield projects. I think they closed in the late 80's. Then there is Brooklyn like right around the corner. I don't know if Brooklyn has always been icky but it was in the mid 90's, also.

With the what I know about the area, and that she had needle marks on her neck, I would think she was perhaps a prostitute...

that's always been my thought too, not only because of the tattoo but the track marks in the neck and the fact she was thrown out of a car topless. not to be graphic but many johns like to see and feel the breasts while purchasing oral services. I wonder if she OD's or was strangled? they don't say I guess.

poor lady, I hope they can find her name.

I saw this shared around fb today so thought I would come check out the thread.

A little about the area...

Curtis Bay is known for prositutes. I am not sure about 1987 but in the mid to late 90's when I hung in Brooklyn, hookers walked up and down Pennington Ave. Lots of drugs, too. I haven't really been to that area sin like 10 years but I imagine it is still the same.

There is a strip club down, or maybe it is up, the street from where she was found. It is called Fantasies but I don't know what year it was built.

It is also a big industrial area. Lots of factories and stuff in the area. There was also projects in the area called the Fairfield projects. I think they closed in the late 80's. Then there is Brooklyn like right around the corner. I don't know if Brooklyn has always been icky but it was in the mid 90's, also.

With the what I know about the area, and that she had needle marks on her neck, I would think she was perhaps a prostitute...

The tattoo is definitely of a tortoise, not a turtle. Tortoises have straight legs, turtles have flattish flipper type things for swimming.

But then the unidentified might not have known the difference, and/or her tattooist might not have known the difference.

The tattoo is definitely of a tortoise, not a turtle. Tortoises have straight legs, turtles have flattish flipper type things for swimming.

But then the unidentified might not have known the difference, and/or her tattooist might not have known the difference.

Agreed, looks like a tortoise I used to have (in a black and white silhouette of course LOL).

Just saw this case on FB-with Carl's recon-then lost it-anyone know what FB page it was under?
Curtis Lee almost sounds like what she may have called a "boyfriend"...like it was his first two(first/middle) names...
there are two Curtis Lee's-from Baltimore and Fredrick area-one serving time for rape, the other a registered offender-both would've been in 20's in 1986..when this girl was murered? Or was it an overdose? Why don't they say?
We had a friend we called "turtle-he moved and looked like one! lol
Have they checked tattoo parlours in area-SOMEONE did a nice job on that tattoo-

Some of this may have been asked or said before, so please excuse this.

In her file it states she had needle marks in her neck. Does anyone feel that her family might think she isn't missing and that she is probably from that area or close by? Since this was in 87 the possibility of her parents being deceased is a possibility, but she may have children out there. I think they said there was a scar so maybe a C section or another injury?

This area is known for drug activity and it is not far from a US coast guard which means there maybe a lot of people from other states coming in and out? Its also right off of 695 a major highway.

Curtis Lee is most likely the first and middle name I agree with others in the thread. The turtle however might just be because she liked turtles or because Maryland College mascot is a Turtle. I can see how some might feel it might have to do with MD itself but due to the area where it was tattooed, I seem to think that this is not the case
and that it was something personal in nature. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe..._Reconstruction_003_(with_tattoo_caption).jpg
Since it was on her left butt cheek its possible her family and friends might not know about it.

It states her hair was bright red but could that have been changed and her natural hair been another color, like brown? Has anyone see anything in regards to this? It says she had freckles and grey eyes so I am assuming that It may have been natural?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redhead_murders Could there be a connection?

I know that it is a stretch and I could be wrong about the facts, but wasn't there another unidentified woman found around this area? I think with red hair in 2005 that was never unidentified about 5 minutes away from this drop location? I know this is a 18 year gap but I am unsure how many other women that may have been identified and found dead in this area? Does anyone know?

Hi all,

This case gets to me. There hasn't been a lot of information made available. The area where she was found was, and is still, known for prostitution, drug addicts, homeless, etc. Cause of death is not listed. I assume overdose, based on the needle marks in her neck. The case file indicates that she was in a car w/someone who drove off and left her there. So, does that mean there was a witness? How would they know that information? No details were out in the news to be on the lookout for a type/color of car. She has a scar in the pubic area. Is a child missing its mother? The business card. No photo of it or details on who it is for. With what little she had on her, it could hold clues. No photo of the ring she was wearing. That could be an identifiable item if a friend or family member saw it. Then, that tattoo. Surprising that no one has recognized her by that, although with its location, people may not know she had it. Ugh. Not sure why this one gets to me, other than having a young female family member that has chosen a lifestyle I envision this young lady having. I would like to find out more information, but no idea where to start. Details are pretty vague.

I think OD is possible, but its also possible that a sick trick got her. she was not wearing any clothing on top.

Hi all,

This case gets to me. There hasn't been a lot of information made available. The area where she was found was, and is still, known for prostitution, drug addicts, homeless, etc. Cause of death is not listed. I assume overdose, based on the needle marks in her neck. The case file indicates that she was in a car w/someone who drove off and left her there. So, does that mean there was a witness? How would they know that information? No details were out in the news to be on the lookout for a type/color of car. She has a scar in the pubic area. Is a child missing its mother? The business card. No photo of it or details on who it is for. With what little she had on her, it could hold clues. No photo of the ring she was wearing. That could be an identifiable item if a friend or family member saw it. Then, that tattoo. Surprising that no one has recognized her by that, although with its location, people may not know she had it. Ugh. Not sure why this one gets to me, other than having a young female family member that has chosen a lifestyle I envision this young lady having. I would like to find out more information, but no idea where to start. Details are pretty vague.

Curtis Lee frisby has a long history of violence against women. He assaulted a girlfriend in 1993 and is now in prison for another assault.

We may have another ID of a 1980's case. A man whose first and middle names are Curtis Lee contacted the Never Forget Me Facebook page to say he believes that this Jane Doe is his mother. His mother, whose name is Rhonda Jones, went to Baltimore in 1987, and was never seen by her family again. Curtis never stopped looking for her, nor did Rhonda's sister, who was only 13 years old when she last saw Rhonda.

The sister has verified that Rhonda did have a turtle tattoo.

The comments were hidden from the NFM page so that others wouldn't try to contact the family.

This photo of Rhonda was taken in 1985 - two years before the Jane Doe's death.

a2fe8d84-af8f-42a2-904a-8da1f86ff7ec.jpg

Wow. That's great!

Of all the things we checked into for Curtis Lee, I don't think we ever thought of a child.

I just asked my partners and will let you know if they heard anything about his DNA

I have the son's FB profile so one of my partners will touch base with him. I'm not sure which one was helping him. Thanks for the reminder @Odyssey

1 rule out on her profile
Missing Person / NamUs # MP946 Marcia Remick, Female, White / Caucasian
Date of Last ContactJune 5, 1979
State VA
County Virginia Beach

Last edited:
We may have another ID of a 1980's case. A man whose first and middle names are Curtis Lee contacted the Never Forget Me Facebook page to say he believes that this Jane Doe is his mother. His mother, whose name is Rhonda Jones, went to Baltimore in 1987, and was never seen by her family again. Curtis never stopped looking for her, nor did Rhonda's sister, who was only 13 years old when she last saw Rhonda.

The sister has verified that Rhonda did have a turtle tattoo.

The comments were hidden from the NFM page so that others wouldn't try to contact the family.

This photo of Rhonda was taken in 1985 - two years before the Jane Doe's death.

a2fe8d84-af8f-42a2-904a-8da1f86ff7ec.jpg
Wow Recon looks very close! I just read this and it's so sad. I really hope Curtis Lee and his aunt get some closure. I can't even imagine looking for my mom for all these years.

Wow Recon looks very close! I just read this and it's so sad. I really hope Curtis Lee and his aunt get some closure. I can't even imagine looking for my mom for all these years.
I think they may have found her!

So many Curtis Lee names in MD though.

(Now I cannot get that song "Pretty Little Angel Eyes" out of my head, however!)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back