TN - Karen Swift, 44, murdered, Dyersburg, 30 Oct 2011 *husband charged in 2022* #4

Just checking in to see if there were any updates in Karen's case. Sadly not.

Bumping for Karen. This is a case that has stuck with me for years. I pray her killer is brought to justice.

Bumping for Karen.

The FB page called Praying for Karen Swift has been renamed to Praying for Justice for Karen Swift.

I too am praying for Justice. I wish that a Cold Case detective would take over. I have very little confidence that Box will follow through with and get an arrest in this case.

Also ...
Financial motive such as life insurance.
Excellent list, Old Steve.

I might add one I can think of!

Didn't help in search of his wife

No public plea from the Husband

Lawyered Up in the first few days. Oops.....more than one!

Another Halloween approaching.... it will be 4 years now.... :bump:

Thanks for the reminder OldSteve....

Also thanks Firefox - your post up-thread referencing RSO's brings back memories too!

Specifically --- there WERE actually 2 RSO's with the same last name listed in Dyersburg:

1) born in '58 registered on Millsford Hwy just .3 miles from Karen's car
2) born in '63 address unknown status listed as: Absconder - Attempted Rape

Where Karen's car was found would have been almost smack-dab in between Swift's home and the RSO's.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Karen-Swift-44-Dyersburg-30-Oct-2011-2/page2

ETA: The backyard of both the RSO's home and the Swift home backed onto the same wooded 'green space'...

Just saying.

:justice: for Karen!!!

ETA2: The (now former) home of the RSO's is visible in Otto's map (the top one) found here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Dyersburg-30-Oct-2011-2&p=7382809#post7382809

Over the past four years the team of investigators at the DCSO have worked the Swift case, going over evidence, rechecking evidence, and following up on leads. Box also hired a new investigator in Deputy Chief Glen Cook, who has mainly been assigned to support the other investigators in solving the Swift case. The investigating team has been able to exclude all known persons of interest except one, David Swift, according to Box.

"We have been able to rule out several persons of interest except the victim's spouse, because of the evidence collected, his refusal to comply with our last interview requests, with both him and the minor children in his care."

He has been my primary POI since the beginning. This investigation has been so slow. I hope they actually make an arrest some day - Karen's mom deserves to see justice for her daughter.

Sheriff Box sure makes it sound like Karen's husband David is the one responsible for Karen's death.

Interesting comment on the article by billwarner. I seriously doubt he is an investigator who worked on the case, an investigator that is investigating an ongoing case would never leave a comment like that.

http://www.stategazette.com/story/2246033.html

JMO

Was there any evidence of sexual assault or robbery in this case ?

Was there any evidence of sexual assault or robbery in this case ?

Hardly any details about the case have been disclosed.

About the only detail that was disclosed is that the manner of death is homicide.

As far as if she was sexually assaulted or how she was killed IIRC has never been disclosed.

I can't remember if her purse or other personal items were missing, found in the car, with her body or left at home.

Hardly any details about the case have been disclosed.

About the only detail that was disclosed is that the manner of death is homicide.

As far as if she was sexually assaulted or how she was killed IIRC has never been disclosed.

I can't remember if her purse or other personal items were missing, found in the car, with her body or left at home.

Not much to go on unless more is released then .

Not much to go on unless more is released then .
RichKelly, the silence in this case, as in many others, is the common denominator for most cases growing cold, imo. Imo, this case was likely presented to a grand jury in 2012 and failed to get a true bill of indictment, or else the prosecutor refused to present it due to a lack of indictable evidence.
Imo, Davis Swift is innocent of Karen Swift's murder.. A stranger sexual predator is indicated, imo..

http://www.stategazette.com/topic/karenswift/

Dyer County man describes finding Swift's body (12/14/11)
As the investigation into the murder of Karen Swift enters its first week, one of the men who discovered her body is speaking about the find that could solve this case. John Robinson, the preacher at Bogota Church of Christ, made the discovery along with his friend, Mark Rickman, on Saturday as they were leaving Historic Bledsoe Cemetery

"Due to her body being placed and concealed in the area that it was recovered from and apparent injuries to her body it has been ruled a homicide," said Sheriff Box.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Karen-Swift-44-Dyersburg-30-Oct-2011-2/page25

Lunar Eclipse, on Dec 10/ 2011, the day before Karen Swift's remains were located <Pic of lunar eclipse on page 25 linked above - comment 365 by otto>..

The Lunar eclipse, 1880s historical Bledsoe cemetery, possible staging/dumping of her body in the kudzu, near the three huge historic iron crosses on the knoll visible for miles, and finally Karen Swift vanishing after a party on Halloween weekend...

As someone stated almost four years ago on another forum, this is beginning to sound like a fictional Southern Gothic Novel, yet sadly is tragic reality..
_____

http://www.stategazette.com/story/1794468.html
Dyer County man describes finding Swift's body 12/14/2011 <snipped>

John Robinson, the preacher at Bogota Church of Christ, made the discovery along with his friend, Mark Rickman, on Saturday as they were leaving Bledsoe Cemetery (off Harness Road) around noon.
"At least they can quit looking for her and start looking for somebody," said Robinson.

The body of Karen Swift was found on Saturday by John Robinson and his friend Mark Rickman as they were traveling toward Harness Road from Bledsoe Cemetery (in the background). Swift's body was found approximately where the X is located in the photo.

He and Rickman had gone to the cemetery, which Robinson is a trustee of, to look at some tombstones that had overturned. As the men got back into their truck and began driving toward Harness Road, both of them spotted something they believed looked like a body part jutting from the kudzu vines, approximately 40-50 feet from the cemetery road to their right. The men got out and began to walk closer, not fully knowing what it was they were looking at.
"We noticed a body part from a distance and the closer I got, you could tell it was a body," said Robinson.

Sheriff Box sure makes it sound like Karen's husband David is the one responsible for Karen's death.

Interesting comment on the article by billwarner. I seriously doubt he is an investigator who worked on the case, an investigator that is investigating an ongoing case would never leave a comment like that.

Agreed. I also have some serious doubts about his competence, based on that comment, as it seems like he does not know what 'circumstantial evidence' means.

Need a Victimology assessment done on her to determine if anything in her background increased her likelihood of her murder.

Alway start close and work outward.

"Karen Swift, a 44-year-old mother of four was reportedly last seen early Sunday morning, Oct. 30, 2011, by her husband David Swift at their home"-Red Flag

"She had filed for divorce from David Swift, on Oct. 10, 2011,"-Red Flag

"but still resided with him and their two daughters at their residence"-Red Flag

"Within a short walking distance from her home, her white 2004 Nissan Murano was found abandoned a few hours later on Sunday, Oct. 30, 2011, "-Red Flag

Those facts need to be scrutinized and cleared 1st , there's a startling correlation between women who are murdered, and having recently (within 2 years) of having filed for divorce.

Not saying this is what it is , but it HAS to be cleared, I feel it is probably the path LE needs to pursue however.

<bumping old post>

Women who knew Swift rule out possibility that she ran off on her own
http://www.stategazette.com/story/1792485.html
Thursday, December 8, 2011

The two were working out on Tuesday, Oct. 25, when Swift said she was looking for some cleaning jobs. It just so happened that Hopper had a Habitat for Humanity house on Walnut Street in Trimble that was in bad need of a cleaning.

(Photo)
Karen Swift (middle) poses with two of her friends Cathy Bona (left) and Laura Gentry (right) after the Sam Bomar Memorial 5K Run/Walk in Jackson, Tenn. in June of this year. Bona and Gentry are just two of Swift's friends that say they have ruled out the possibility that Swift went missing on her own.
[Click to enlarge]
"It was perfect timing," said Hopper. "We were just talking and she said 'if you know anybody that has any cleaning jobs to give me a call'. It was a circumstantial coincidence that she asked me and I needed somebody to help clean up the house."
The house had been foreclosed on and Hopper described the inside as being in less-than-pleasant condition.

"It was really dirty," said Hopper. "There was a lot of work that needed to be done. I thought I was going to have to call a professional service it was so bad."

Hopper says this is when the two began to exchange text messages about Swift's new job as an aerobics instructor and the cleaning job.

* Thursday, Oct. 27, 2011

Swift - "OMG! I am loving Silver Sneakers."

Hopper - "Aren't they sweet?"

Swift - "Love them!"

Swift - "Did you go by the house?"

Hopper - "Yes it already looks better."

* Friday, Oct. 28

Swift - "OK I am about to set (bug)bombs off & lock up, been here since 7:30! I will have to come back. Got bathrooms to do. Mop also stove and fridge. Is Wednesday soon enough? I can tomorrow if you need me to. I work Monday and have a landscape job Tuesday."

* Saturday, Oct. 29, 2 p.m.

Hopper - "Don't worry about the fridge and stove. Getting new ones. Wednesday is fine. Great thanks! I will pay you as soon as possible."

Swift - "Hey, if I don't have to do fridge & stove. I will finish it early in the morning."

The last text Swift sent Hopper was referring to cleaning the house on Sunday morning (Oct. 30), the day she was reported missing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back