GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I got from JI's statement was that they were there a lot longer than the 5-10 minutes NM said.

20-25 minutes upstairs plus 10-15 NM was in the lounge, so 30-40 minutes of moving stuff.

I'd like to know the time gap between SH goin in and JI returning with the van and the removals starting.

But, Ireland said, he did not want to enter Cotton Mill Lane, due tot he smell and the clutter.
The smell and the state of the house, I stayed close to the door way, I didn’t move.

It wasn’t very inviting, I didn’t really want to go in. rsbm

The smell - he noticed it yet SH never wondered what it was it didn't seem odd to her, apart from a blocked toilet !

Perhaps, SH didn't have morning sickness after all...may have been the distinct new odor in the place making her nauseous

After all those days the smell of a corpse must have been overwhelming, even after his careful packaging. I think even the police officer was misled on where it came from.
My point is mentioning it is that SH could not have been unaware of that smell, whatever sort of dump they lived in.

The police officer who found the body parts in the shed said there wasn't a smell due to them being packaged tightly and cat litter and salt being used to preserve the body

And, interestingly, no mention of SH or female shouting at male

Right?! So where, if at all, does that fit in? Was it a boast to try and further the lie about NM being kicked out?

My head is spinning.

What I got from JI's statement was that they were there a lot longer than the 5-10 minutes NM said.

20-25 minutes upstairs plus 10-15 NM was in the lounge, so 30-40 minutes of moving stuff.

I'd like to know the time gap between SH goin in and JI returning with the van and the removals starting.

Doesn't the CCTV footage suggest that the van was at CML for 40 minutes?

But, Ireland said, he did not want to enter Cotton Mill Lane, due tot he smell and the clutter.
The smell and the state of the house, I stayed close to the door way, I didn’t move.

It wasn’t very inviting, I didn’t really want to go in. rsbm

The smell - he noticed it yet SH never wondered what it was it didn't seem odd to her, apart from a blocked toilet !

Not wanting in any way to defend SH, but I imagine she didnt notice the smell. She lived with it every day, it would be in her hair, her clothes, her child's stuff etc....

I mentioned very early on in this case that I have known a few hoarders in my life, and neither of them ever noticed the absolute stench that came from their homes.

Not wanting in any way to defend SH, but I imagine she didnt notice the smell. She lived with it every day, it would be in her hair, her clothes, her child's stuff etc....

I mentioned very early on in this case that I have known a few hoarders in my life, and neither of them ever noticed the absolute stench that came from their homes.

Just like people who have cats have no clue what their house actually smells like. No offense meant to anyone who has a kitty. The same thing happens to those who's homes have mold. The person who doesn't live there can smell it from outside the door but the occupants would deny they have a problem.

Doesn't the CCTV footage suggest that the van was at CML for 40 minutes?

That would tie in with JI's statement but I'm interested in the gap between them dropping SH off and then going to fetch the van and coming back with it. How long between her being dropped off and her being in such a deep sleep that she didnt hear them moving stuff in the house?

@skyfieldnewsed ‏@skyrobcatherall · 29 secs30 seconds ago
Court back - Andrew Langdon QC begins cross examination of Ireland

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial · 54 secs54 seconds ago
Prosecution are now cross-examining James Ireland. He insists he has always told the truth. #beckywatts

It seems,from the more detailed info on UK and Eire site, that NM went with KD and JI to get the van. I think the work place is about 10 -1 5 minutes drive. So at least half an hour minimum from them dropping off SH at CML and the three of them then departing to get the van and returning to CML

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial · 32 secs33 seconds ago
JI maintains he had never met, or heard of, Matthews #beckywatts

It seems,from the more detailed info on UK and Eire site, that NM went with KD and JI to get the van. I think the work place is about 10 -1 5 minutes drive. So at least half an hour minimum from them dropping off SH at CML and the three of them then departing to get the van and returning to CML

Where was it Jamie worked, I'll see if I can look on google maps.

ETA found it , Airbus Filton

Putting 12.30am in Google suggests around 18 minutes

That would tie in with JI's statement but I'm interested in the gap between them dropping SH off and then going to fetch the van and coming back with it. How long between her being dropped off and her being in such a deep sleep that she didnt hear them moving stuff in the house?

At least half an hour - the work place is 10 -15 minutes away, then JI had to go inside and get the van.-

sorry, site jumping all over the place at the moment for me .........just editing to say Colour Purple has put in correct timings in post above

Oh yes I agree, I've known some houses that smelt rank

But the smell of a body is quite different, and overwhelming.
Once it had been packaged I doubt it smelt, but it been in their house a while before that unpackaged and smelling (probably never opened windows much either !!), that was the point I failed to make clear.
That is what JI noticed I believe.

Right?! So where, if at all, does that fit in? Was it a boast to try and further the lie about NM being kicked out?

My head is spinning.

Hopefully Mr Prosecutor will cover this part

Oh yes I agree, I've known some houses that smelt rank

But the smell of a body is quite different, and overwhelming.
Once it had been packaged I doubt it smelt, but it been in their house a while before that unpackaged and smelling (probably never opened windows much either !!), that was the point I failed to make clear.
That is what JI noticed I believe.

Additionally, body was being dismembered over a 2-3 day period!

Heart West News ‏@HeartWestNews · 2 mins2 minutes ago
JI maintains there was a lot of tension in the car between NM and SH when he drove them back to Cotton Mill Lane #BeckyWatts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member