GUILTY FL - Chance Walsh, 7 wks, North Port, 7 Oct 2015 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If murdering an innocent baby, only a few weeks old, and leaving him to rot in his crib...does not constitute first degree murder...than I can't imagine what does.

It's a sick world we live in. IMO
I didn't want to hit the thumbs-up icon here, but did because I agree with what you're saying. I hate everything these horrible , disgusting animals have done with their lives.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

http://www.winknews.com/2015/11/03/family-friend-baby-chances-mother-cared-only-for-herself/

“The smell was so bad in the house, I had to step back outside,” he said. “The dogs were everywhere, going to the bathroom all over the place. The rugs had to be ripped up. The piles of dog stuff was there so long it was white.”

Kallas said he thought about reporting the couple to the state Department of Children and Families, but didn’t.

Duane was dead one week later. He lived for two weeks.

Kallas helped pick the baby’s funeral suit while at a Sarasota mall.

During that trip, Kallas said Bury was picking out $600 dresses for herself.

“We’re burying a kid and this is about the type of dress we’re gonna wear,” Kallas said. “For the funeral? For the funeral.”

wow.
Can Kallas/Callous be named as some sort of accessory or something? I know it's not probable, but DANG! The audacity (if that's the right word)!

Can Kallas/Callous be named as some sort of accessory or something? I know it's not probable, but DANG! The audacity (if that's the right word)!

ikr! i was thinking the same thing, is there a way to make adults in the childs life more accountable for these kinds of tragedies so instead of giving up and backing off they take a more active interest in the child's safety? but i think it would be really hard to prove. i think what needs to happen is state mandated home visits like one pp said they have in the uk and more careful monitoring of parents with criminal history or history with child protective services. one article stated jw has arrests going back to 2000 for violent behavior, including almost stabbing his mil with a knife!

also i wonder if kallas really wanted to call dcf or if he's saying that now to save face or something? im imagining what it would take for me to think hmmm maybe this kid would be better off in foster care and it had to have been really bad.

ikr! i was thinking the same thing, is there a way to make adults in the childs life more accountable for these kinds of tragedies so instead of giving up and backing off they take a more active interest in the child's safety? but i think it would be really hard to prove. i think what needs to happen is state mandated home visits like one pp said they have in the uk and more careful monitoring of parents with criminal history or history with child protective services. one article stated jw has arrests going back to 2000 for violent behavior, including almost stabbing his mil with a knife!

also i wonder if kallas really wanted to call dcf or if he's saying that now to save face or something? im imagining what it would take for me to think hmmm maybe this kid would be better off in foster care and it had to have been really bad.

I think Kallas just wants his 15 minutes because he knew these two prior to Chance's murder. He never met Chance and was never in Chance's house and has nothing whatever to do with this case. He doesn't even seem to realize that coming forward with all this info now does nothing but make him look bad.

http://www.winknews.com/2015/11/03/family-friend-baby-chances-mother-cared-only-for-herself/

“The smell was so bad in the house, I had to step back outside,” he said. “The dogs were everywhere, going to the bathroom all over the place. The rugs had to be ripped up. The piles of dog stuff was there so long it was white.”

Kallas said he thought about reporting the couple to the state Department of Children and Families, but didn’t.

“We’re burying a kid and this is about the type of dress we’re gonna wear,” Kallas said. “For the funeral? For the funeral.”

wow.

I hate to say it but I think the extreme neglectful conditions of the environment/house led to Duane's
kidney infection/kidney failure. I cannot believe it was totally natural.

if the Sarasota da's office never had a grand jury indictment, how were they originally allowed to charge Walsh with fist degree murder?

I'm starting to wonder if someone in the State Attorney's office just plain messed up and filed charges for first degree felony murder without realizing the Grand Jury needed to bring the indictment. Or maybe the judge signed the warrant without reading it. Maybe that's why they didn't release Walsh's arrest report - they had to fix the charge first.

It's hard to imagine such a mistake but you never know. In fact I'm hoping that was the case because it would mean that they intend to seek first degree felony murder charges after all. Hey, a sleuth can dream, right? ;)

BBM. So there's still hope then for a 1st degree charge? What chance do you more experienced sleuths give it and what could turn the tables? I really want to see these two locked up as long as possible, preferably beyond their breeding years.

Given the violence of his death, the blood on the walls and ceiling, the baby wipe, leaving him dead in his crib, burying him and running, I would think there's a pretty darn good chance that a grand jury would bring down a 1st degree indictment.

I cannot get this baby out of my mind. Mostly, I keep replaying what I believe to be his last moments. Over and over. And I am, literally, choking back tears.

I know when my babies were babies and their bellies hurt or teeth or whatever...and they would have this very deep, devastating and sad screech while crying. It would break my heart. I would hold them for hours (years..). Comfort them and love them.

All Chance got was a wipe shoved down his throat.

I'm sorry. I just cannot stand to think of his pain. He was so little.

I cannot get this baby out of my mind. Mostly, I keep replaying what I believe to be his last moments. Over and over. And I am, literally, choking back tears.

I know when my babies were babies and their bellies hurt or teeth or whatever...and they would have this very deep, devastating and sad screech while crying. It would break my heart. I would hold them for hours (years..). Comfort them and love them.

:therethere: :hug:

wow.

"Kallas said he thought about reporting the couple to the state Department of Children and Families, but didn’t."

This makes me sick.

"But didn't."

"Duane was dead one week later. He lived for two weeks."

I just can't.

If you suspect child abuse, call. Always call. Never think that you're overreacting or that you're reading too much into something or that someone else will do it. When I became an adult and started reconnecting with long-estranged family members and family friends, I can't even tell you how many of them told me, "Well, we always suspected something was wrong, but ..." BUT. But doesn't help the children living in hell! BUT doesn't save lives. BUT doesn't help anyone. While you're mulling over your worries and concerns about your own time and reputation, babies are dying, children are being molested, kids are living in utter squalor.

I know I'm preaching to the choir. This is just such a pet peeve for me. It's more than a pet peeve. It's a passionate issue. We are failing our children as a society because we don't want to get involved. BUT.

But he didn't.

He didn't call.

Duane was dead a week later.

It wasn't his fault ... but he could have done *something.

But. He. Didn't.

:banghead:

I read your post^, Pepelepolecat...and I feel your anger. I share your anger. It's beyond comprehension that he did nothing.

Ten years ago my youngest was in pre-school. There was a beautiful little girl who was his best friend. She was a blonde, blue eyed little angel. But...something was off. She was ALWAYS dirty. She smelled horrible. She never had snacks or lunch. I spoke to the school director several times. Begged for him to do something. Finally, after several requests, I demanded that something be done. I said "you are a mandated reporter! Do something! Before it's too late!" A few days later....the little angel died in a house fire. A candle was lit in her room when she went to bed. The ME had to identify this 3 year old using very new dental records.

At the funeral, the school director told me that he did report it. CFS had not yet had the chance to do a welfare check.

I don't follow missing or murdered children's threads. It's just too much.

I read your post^, Pepelepolecat...and I feel your anger. I share your anger. It's beyond comprehension that he did nothing.

Ten years ago my youngest was in pre-school. There was a beautiful little girl who was his best friend. She was a blonde, blue eyed little angel. But...something was off. She was ALWAYS dirty. She smelled horrible. She never had snacks or lunch. I spoke to the school director several times. Begged for him to do something. Finally, after several requests, I demanded that something be done. I said "you are a mandated reporter! Do something! Before it's too late!" A few days later....the little angel died in a house fire. A candle was lit in her room when she went to bed. The ME had to identify this 3 year old using very new dental records.

At the funeral, the school director told me that he did report it. CFS had not yet had the chance to do a welfare check.

Oh my god. I am in tears reading this. I hope you know you did everything you could have. God bless you for doing the right thing. I wish all adults were persistent and vigilant when it comes to children's safety like you are. I try not to follow these threads because I have serious issues with CPS after working there and seeing the incompetence first hand so I just get mad when I read about them dropping the ball yet again. I was in the car the other day and a song called "Alyssa Lies" came on right before I pulled Up to pick up my daughter. it took me 15 minutes to collect myself before I could get out of the car.

Oh my god. I am in tears reading this. I hope you know you did everything you could have. God bless you for doing the right thing. I wish all adults were persistent and vigilant when it comes to children's safety like you are. I try not to follow these threads because I have serious issues with CPS after working there and seeing the incompetence first hand so I just get mad when I read about them dropping the ball yet again. I was in the car the other day and a song called "Alyssa Lies" came on right before I pulled Up to pick up my daughter. it took me 15 minutes to collect myself before I could get out of the car.

Thanks for your kind words, Mollyandme.
I will never get over this. I have her picture hanging in my kitchen.
Honestly, I wanted to call CPS, myself. However, the school requested that I let them handle it. You see, this family is quite affluent. The father was a big shot class action lawsuit attorney. Had connections in LE and political circles. He would have destroyed my family. Instead, he destroyed his own.

Oh, momoffourboys, my heart breaks for you and her. I'm so sorry for your experience. I'm also so glad you stood up for her. It was absolutely not your fault, but I do understand why this would haunt you.

and he had no understanding why they were doing this to him :(

from Momoffourboys:
Thanks for your kind words, Mollyandme.
I will never get over this. I have her picture hanging in my kitchen.
Honestly, I wanted to call CPS, myself. However, the school requested that I let them handle it. You see, this family is quite affluent. The father was a big shot class action lawsuit attorney. Had connections in LE and political circles. He would have destroyed my family. Instead, he destroyed his own.

For some people who think this kind of thing only happens in low-income or poorly-educated families, you've got one of the other kind. And my friend who is retired from her child psychiatry practice has told me it is not uncommon for a parent (or equivalent) to single out one child to abuse. All kinds, all places, all colors, all income levels, etc. Because they can.

If you suspect child abuse, call. Always call. Never think that you're overreacting or that you're reading too much into something or that someone else will do it. When I became an adult and started reconnecting with long-estranged family members and family friends, I can't even tell you how many of them told me, "Well, we always suspected something was wrong, but ..." BUT. But doesn't help the children living in hell! BUT doesn't save lives. BUT doesn't help anyone. While you're mulling over your worries and concerns about your own time and reputation, babies are dying, children are being molested, kids are living in utter squalor.

I know I'm preaching to the choir.

I bolded part of pepelepolecat's post above. A few years ago, I posted down in the jury room asking for opinions on whether or not I should call CPS on my neighbor (my mind had already been pretty much made up, but I was hoping for support). I was HUGELY surprised, given what this forum is, at the number of people who told me I shouldn't, that CPS ruins lives, etc., etc.

Very quick backstory--having worked with CPS before (I used to represent parents, and sometimes kids, in CHIPS cases, also did a lot of family law), I knew that what I had to report would likely be screened out (my state's system doesn't deal well with verbal/emotional abuse), but I thought that if there were other borderline reports from, say, the school, maybe it would become actionable. The couple that lived next to me (white) had a little boy together, and the mom had an older, bi-racial daughter. That poor, beautiful girl was singled out for TERRIBLE verbal abuse. The things that mom said to her daughter were just heartbreaking. That, combined with the constant, daily, loud, horrible arguments between the parents (by this time dad had moved out, but I still got to listen to mom scream at him over the phone daily), finally pushed me to the point where I HAD to call. When I did, I ended up breaking down and crying into the phone while I was talking to the intake worker.

When I posted that I had called, I had people still tell me I was wrong. And remember--I used to represent some really bad parents (also some really good ones), had lots of training on child abuse/family dynamics, etc., and frankly, I was NOT overreacting (and I also had never cried, even when reading some pretty bad police/CPS reports). I know even great parents sometimes lose their cool, but what was happening in that household was NOT ok.

So, pepelepolecat, you're not preaching to the choir. People, even here, need to be reminded that yes, it is OK to call and report suspected abuse/neglect, and it is not 'interfering'. And it sounds like you had some terrible childhood experiences, and I am very sorry to hear that, and I am very sorry that no one called for you. Hugs (if you want them).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire