CONVICTION OVERTURNED MD - Hae Min Lee, 17, Baltimore, 13 Jan 1999

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, can't listen to Bob either. I get so much out of listening to Susan and Colin.

The latest Undisclosed episode confused the heck outta me. I looked at the police reports they talked about (with the screening factors) and had no idea what they mean. I sent them to a friend who works in LE (although, not in MD) & he said there's no way to tell exactly what the officer meant by his assigned factors of '12' and '4'---not without some type of justification or key or something that describes how they assign points to each factor.

It definitely confused me more than it helped.

I will admit that it does seem oddly coincidental that a value of 0 was given for each solvability factor, by every detective involved, except for this one guy's report one day before her body was found.

But, if anything, because that particular detective stated in his report that he was assigned to help search the contents of her computer & AOL account, it makes me wonder if he found something that led them to the car or if some other evidence was found that we don't know about because they kept it to themselves.

And, of course the computer was "lost" so it will never be known if there was valuable info there or not.m

I've listened to Serial and Undisclosed which is excellent by the way. I'm confused as to whether Jay really led them to the car. There have been numerous stories.

I'm almost caught up with Undisclosed and Serial Dynasty/Truth & Justice.

I wish I had given Undisclosed more of a chance when it came out. Sooo good! They have revealed so much!

Serial Dynasty.. Well I'm in agreement with most of you, I can't stop listening but I'm not sure why. Every once in a while I feel there's something important.

One thing that has been bothering me and please forgive me if someone has brought this up or if it's been addressed in an episode I haven't got to yet. On Undisclosed Rabia talked about Bilal being questioned by police about a hotel/motel. I believe they asked him about a Days Inn? And then in Serial Dynasty Ep. 21, we find out that Debbie was asked repeatedly if Adnan and Hae ever had sex at a hotel or motel.

What do you all think about this hotel / motel questioning?

I wish I had given Undisclosed more of a chance when it came out. Sooo good! They have revealed so much!

Serial Dynasty.. Well I'm in agreement with most of you, I can't stop listening but I'm not sure why. Every once in a while I feel there's something important.

One thing that has been bothering me and please forgive me if someone has brought this up or if it's been addressed in an episode I haven't got to yet. On Undisclosed Rabia talked about Bilal being questioned by police about a hotel/motel. I believe they asked him about a Days Inn? And then in Serial Dynasty Ep. 21, we find out that Debbie was asked repeatedly if Adnan and Hae ever had sex at a hotel or motel.

Could Don have asked to meet Hae at a local motel and for once she decided not to be the responsible daughter and to go? She was really into him. Maybe an argument happened and he lost it and either in a rage or accidentally, he killed her. He took the risk of leaving her body there till late at night (hence the liver mortis) and then moved her body to Leakin Park. Hence why the police couldn't get hold of him till 1am.

Just a theory!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could Don have asked to meet Hae at a local motel and for once she decided not to be the responsible daughter and to go? She was really into him. Maybe an argument happened and he lost it and either in a rage or accidentally, he killed her. He took the risk of leaving her body there till late at night (hence the liver mortis) and then moved her body to Leakin Park. Hence why the police couldn't get hold of him till 1am.

Just a theory!

You're on the same page as me!

We know there had to be a location where Hae's body was kept for all those hours so it's a great theory.

I wonder if they were questioning Bilal about the hotel thinking that he had got Adnan a cell phone so maybe he got Adnan a hotel room?

I really think the hotel/motel questions are significant.

I think LE asked Debbie questions about a possible hotel/motel room because Hae used her debit card at a hotel at some point. The charge was listed on her bank statement (I think it was a Comfort Inn in Baltimore, if my memory serves me right.)

But I haven't got a clue why they kept asking Bilal about one---unless LE was already aware of the sexual exploitation of minors and were just waiting on him to get caught.

Yo yo yo! SO CHECK THIS OUT! My husband and I were listening to Serial on the way back from holiday and Sarah Koenig mentioned that Hae and Adnan had sex in a hotel or in hotels. It's in one of the earlier episodes, I'll have to go back and re-listen. I am ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE she says this.

That's like, zero help, I know but- I thought I'd mention it.

I'm trying to figure out how the line of questioning applies to Hae's murder.

Is it possible they got a tip that Hae was at a hotel?

I think the GJ questioning of Bilal about the hotels was a way for the prosecutors to signal to him that they knew about his activities with underage boys, that they had specific places and dates. It was supposed to scare him so he wouldn't provide backup for Adnan's alibi. If so, it eventually worked.

Today it was announced on UNdisclosed Podcast that Adnan Syed's petition for post conviction relief for ineffective defense counsel AND prosecutorial misconduct will be heard. Will be very interesting to hear what the state's response will be. Cannot see them retrying Adnan since so much evidence tainted and lost. And also wonder if this will effect Cristina Gutierrez's other cases she was trying during the time frame as Adnan's trial.

I didn't get the impression it was for any reason other than letting Bilal know that they were watching him. Interesting that there had been whispers about Bilal and young boys in their mosque but he just happens to get busted when he can provide an alibi for Adnan. But maybe they were looking at him in relation to Hae and Adnan's relationship.

Perhaps the police wanted o know if Hae had been at one of Bilal's hotel with Adnan or Don. I don't think it could have been Adnan (on the 13th) if Mr S and Aisha's alibis are believable, which they are. We know that Don's working record was falsified for that day AND that Hae's body HAD to have been face down 8-12 hours after her murder. So perhaps Hae met Don for a "quickie" after school in the hotel but needed enough time to pick her nephew up from school, which of course she never did. If things escalated with Don in a hotel room, it would've been a reasonable place to hide a body for that long before dumping her. Wonder if Don had any credit cards at that time and if they could be looked at now?

Perhaps the police wanted o know if Hae had been at one of Bilal's hotel with Adnan or Don. I don't think it could have been Adnan (on the 13th) if Mr S and Aisha's alibis are believable, which they are. We know that Don's working record was falsified for that day AND that Hae's body HAD to have been face down 8-12 hours after her murder. So perhaps Hae met Don for a "quickie" after school in the hotel but needed enough time to pick her nephew up from school, which of course she never did. If things escalated with Don in a hotel room, it would've been a reasonable place to hide a body for that long before dumping her. Wonder if Don had any credit cards at that time and if they could be looked at now?

That's exactly what I was trying to say. Did they have some kind of tip that Hae was at a hotel?

Hae's body had to be some place private for those 8 some odd hours.

I'm 98% caught up on Truth & Justice now. I felt sick to my stomach when it was revealed the manager that read Don's time card to Detective O'Shea was Don's step mom. The most incriminating part about the falsified time card is that it was created before Don was ever questioned! And I believe before Hae's body was found so if he's innocent, why would he feel the need to have his Mom's help him??

"In the interest of justice", Adnan's motion to re-open the PCH was granted by the judge today. The court will allow Asia's affidavit and testimony into evidence. Also, evidence regarding the AT&T fax cover sheet about incoming cell phone data is being allowed, as well any evidence of possible prosecutorial misconduct, and/or withholding documents from the defense during the trial.

http://cjbrownlaw.com/syeds-motion-to-re-open-granted/

"In the interest of justice", Adnan's motion to re-open the PCH was granted by the judge today. The court will allow Asia's affidavit and testimony into evidence. Also, evidence regarding the AT&T fax cover sheet about incoming cell phone data is being allowed, as well any evidence of possible prosecutorial misconduct, and/or withholding documents from the defense during the trial.

http://cjbrownlaw.com/syeds-motion-to-re-open-granted/

I am so happy about this. The whole investigation sounds like a mess from start to finish. So many unanswered questions, and so much withholding of important facts. Adnan deserves a decent hearing, as he did not receive a fair trial.

I got locked outta WS! I got locked out and couldn't even talk to y'all about Adnan's new trial!! I had to have Tricia reset my password!!!

Are y'all excited? Shocked?

I got locked outta WS! I got locked out and couldn't even talk to y'all about Adnan's new trial!! I had to have Tricia reset my password!!!

I'm excited! I hope it's not too late to find out who really killed Hae.

After Serial, I wasn't sure what to think and thought Adnan was guilty. I'm still in awe with Undisclosed and everything they have brought to light. Rabia is an amazing woman! Everyone needs a Rabia in their corner.

I'm a little shocked and excited! Not so much shocked about the judge's ruling but shocked that he decided so quickly.

But, good shocked.

I guess it's not a new trial right? It's a hearing, I think?

I can't FATHOM what old Bob is gonna be sounding like during his next podcast. He will be absolutely GIDDY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken