Date of Birth: May 7, 1968
Age at Time of Disappearance: 12 years old
Race: Caucasian
Height at Time of Disappearance: 4'11 to 5'0
Weight at Time of Disappearance: 80-90 lbs
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Brown
Alias(s) / Nickname(s): Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: She has a small scar on her inside right forearm and a small mole at the center of her mid-back
Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Not available
DNA: Not available Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance

Jackie went missing on May 21, 1980, 2 weeks after her 12th birthday.

She disappeared from her bedroom with no signs of struggle.

A chair was found by her window. Height and weight are approximations.

Investigating Agency(s)
If you have any information about this case please contact;

Sonoma County Sheriff's Office
Phone Number: 707-527-2994

Agency Case Number: 3698-28
NCMEC Case Number: NCMEC601762

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Information Source(s)
Google News
NamUs
The Doe Network: Jackie Kay Boyer - 3016DFCA

LINK:
JBoyer.jpg

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3016dfca.html

I just joined Websleuths & just have to say that I'm so heartbroken over missing people - especially children. There's so many cases that I'm interested in, but this is the first one I recognized when scanning the forums.

I wish more details were given in cases. She's only 12, so it seems like she most likely met with foul play, but why was there a chair by the window? Was she considered a runaway, then met with foul play? We're her parents abusive?

I always wonder in many children's cases if the parents are involved and make up the missing story? So many questions. I truly hope Jackie is okay, and if not, her family finds out what happened to her.

I am trying to find anyone else who has looked into this case. I can only find a small amount of information on her both here and on the web. On her Charley Project page it states that there was a chair by the window of her room and pry marks on the window, but no indications of a stuggle.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/boyer_jackie.html

Does anyone have any information on this girl other than the Charley project, doe network and the odd mention here and there on rule out lists? I've found her mentioned on a zodiac forum, as well as others, but can find no further info about her actual disappearance.

There is remarkably little out there on this case, which is surprising given the facts (a 12 year old disappearing and the circumstances). Looking at records one possible explanation is the absence of anyone to keep the case in the spotlight. Although I cannot be sure I am reasonably confident that her parents were Dennis Boyer and Beverly Williams and that she was born in Del Norte in 1968. The parents (if I am right) married in Del Norte in 1967 as teenagers. Presumably they moved the 300 miles to Windsor in the 1970s. The tragedy is that it seems Beverly probably died in 1983 and Dennis in 1987. Consequently the death of both parents would remove the focus from the case. Whilst I am not certain of these facts they are sourced from records on Ancestry and are the only records which fit (and they also explain the low profile).

It does appear that Dennis and Beverly also had a son, Randy, born in 1970.

What did her parents die of? Suspicious they died so young.

What did her parents die of? Suspicious they died so young.

I do not know the causes of death. The Ancestry records just show the deaths without any cause. I guess finding the cause would require the death certificates, absent an online obituary (which I have not found). I agree the deaths are unusual with both dying in their 30s, but the records do show these ages for the deceased so I am reasonably confident with the identifications given ages and location.

I wonder if the parents were involved in drugs or caught up in a fast crowd and that caused the disappearance of their child. Did her disappearance make a big splash in the local media?

Missing for 37 years:

Jackie Kay Boyer

attachment.php

I wonder if the parents were involved in drugs or caught up in a fast crowd and that caused the disappearance of their child. Did her disappearance make a big splash in the local media?

Not very much to add in regards to media coverage.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/boyer_jackie.html

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/8852/209

http://www.nampn.org/cases/boyer_jackie.html

I wonder if anyone in her remaining family is still looking for her? Too sad.

Attachments

• boyer_jackie.jpg
    boyer_jackie.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 69
Looks like randy is still alive and living in Alaska.

There may be another one I have missed, but the one who lives in Anchorage cannot be the brother. The brother was born 1970 and the Anchorage Boyer lists his first job as 1979 on Linkedin.

There may be another one I have missed, but the one who lives in Anchorage cannot be the brother. The brother was born 1970 and the Anchorage Boyer lists his first job as 1979 on Linkedin.

I found one on fb living in Fairbanks and he lists his hometown as Windsor

CA – Jackie Kay Boyer, W/F, 12, Windsor, Sonoma Co – 21 May 1980

Jackie Kay Boyer

boyer_jackie.jpg Jackie Boyer.JPG

Last Contact: Wednesday, May 21st, 1980

Missing From: Windsor, Sonoma, California

Physical Description:

Race: White
Sex: Female
DOB: 05/07/196812
Height: 4’11” - 5’0” (59”-60”)
Weight: 80-90 lbs.
Hair: Blonde/Strawberry – Dark Brown, Shoulder Length (Per 05/28/80 News Article a few other articles noted her hair as brown.
Eye Color: Brown
Clothing: Pink nightgown, maroon nylon ski jacket, blue tennis shoes, gold ear studs. Possibly wearing a gold colored Timex watch with a black leather band, white shell necklace.
Characteristics/Medical/Scars: Olive complexion, small scar inside of right forearm, pierced ears, small mole center of back
Transportation:
Fingerprint Status
: Not available
Dental Status: Charting available and entered
DNA Status: Sample submitted – Tests complete

Circumstances:
Jackie was last seen in her bedroom @ 9:30pm on Wednesday May 21st. The following morning Jackie’s Father went to her room that she shared with her brother @ 7:00am and discovered Jackie was gone. Jackie’s Mother had already left for work when her husband found that she was missing.

Mr. Boyer checked the house he found pry mark’s on Jackie’s bedroom window, a screen from the living room window was missing, a slit had been cut in the kitchen window screen and the screen for the bathroom window had been removed. A chair was found outside of the living room window where it had been pried open from outside. (*This is different than by her bedroom window in which I found noted one in another town's newspaper. All other's stated it was the living room window.. So in any case a chair was found where it's exact location is varied by reports).

Her brother that was in the room was noted as “sound sleeper” and heard nothing during the night nor early morning hours.

There were a few items reported missing; pink nightgown and gold ear studs she was wearing when last seen, a maroon nylon ski jacket, blue tennis shoes and $ 7.00. It is also believed she was wearing a gold colored Timex watch with a black leather band, white shell necklace.

Jackie's parents are now both deceased

Investigating Agencies:
Sonoma County Sheriff’s Office
600 Administration Dive, Room #103
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
MP Case # 3698-28
Tele: 707.565.2185
Web: Violent Crimes Investigation Unit

NCMEC:
MP Case # 601762

Information Sources:
NAMUS
MP Case # 8852: Missing Person Case
Case Manager: Allison O’Neal
Tele: 517.372.4169
E-Mail: allison.oneal@unthsc.edu

The Charley Project:
http://charleyproject.org/case/jackie-kay-boyer

The Doe Network Case # 3016DFCA:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3016dfca.html

News/Blogs:
05/28/80 – The Press Democrat
06/13/80 – The Petaluma Argus Courier
06/18/80 – The Press Democrat
06/18/80 – Cloverdale Reveille
06/19/80 – Sonoma West Times and News

Last edited:
NAMUS Rule-Outs as of 11/14/18
* Just a note there have been several VA UID's that are appearing across the board on MP's in NAMUS.

UP8419
01/16/2001
Isle of Wight VA

UP7690
09/11/2005
Orange CA

UP102
07/04/1984
Warren KY

UP12683
06/06/2014
Newport News VA

UP6796
11/18/1985
Alleghany VA

UP6661
02/03/1991
Stafford VA

UP6249
11/14/1980
Rockingham VA

UP8493
12/06/1993
Fairfax VA

Jackie Kay Boyer – The Charley Project

Jackie Kay Boyer
  • jackie_kay_boyer_1.jpg
Jackie, circa 1980

• Missing Since05/21/1980
  • Missing FromWindsor, California
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Date of Birth05/07/1968 (50)
  • Age12 years old
  • Height and Weight4'11 - 5'0, 80 - 90 pounds
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Blonde hair, brown eyes. Jackie has a small scar on the inside of her right forearm, pierced ears and a small mole in the center of her back.
Details of Disappearance
Jackie was last seen in her bedroom at her home in Windsor, California at 9:30 p.m. on May 21, 1980. She has never been heard from again. She was discovered missing at 7:00 a.m. the next day. There was a chair by the bedroom window and pry marks on the window, but no indications of a struggle.

Jackie didn't have a boyfriend at the time of her disappearance and wasn't having any problems in her life. Few details are available in her case.

This case bothers me. A 12 year old dissapears like this and there is so little info.

At first it sounds like an apparent abduction but considering that so many items were missing I believe she either may have left on her own accord, with someone she knew. If an intruder came and took his time to steal all those items no way that her brother wouldn't have woken up,

Or is it possible it's all staged? maybe she was killed (by accident perhaps) before and they wanted to make it look like she was abducted. I would like to know moreabout her family situation and why this case didn't get more attention.

Hi Everyone,

I've found a match that's been haunting me for a couple days I want to show you.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

-To me they both have very similar features, especially the eyes and chin.
-The height is very similar 4'11 vs 5'-5'-5"
-The unidentified female was found 160 miles away from the location Jackie disappeared about 5 months after.
-News articles shows that Jackie's blue jogging shoes were missing. The Jane Doe was found wearing size 3.5 Adidas with a white strip.
-The only negative I see is that the Jane Doe is listed as 18-27. I don't know how accurate this is, but size 3.5 doesn't sound likely to be an adult female and fits a young girl like Jackie instead (although my husband mentioned it could be a men's size shoe).

Thank you for looking.
Original

Original

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members