4 years later, what do we think of the case / verdict now?

They don't know HOW she died?Does duct tape across the nose and mouth ring a bell?

They don't know HOW she died?Does duct tape across the nose and mouth ring a bell?

So I've been following another case where a florida woman is involved in the murder of her baby. Chance Walsh. Here we have similar circumstances. A volatile person/persons (the couple is charged) murders a child with motive not fully understood but can be inferred based on their particular addictions. The child is left to decompose, then wrapped in plastic bags and then buried in a wood. The parents go off the radar to avoid being asked about the baby. It's eerily similar. I pray they don't get acquitted because the jury doesn't understand the motive. It only took a few minutes to kill that child and from the details there was no grand planning involved just a moment of sheer selfishness. I believe with KC it was a regret of having Caylee and reaching a point where she couldn't take it anymore /couldn't pretend anymore. The state more than proved its case. The duct tape and plastic bags were more than enough to prove suffocation as much as the bruises on Chance proves the blunt force was the murder weapon. I can only hope the jury doesn't reach the conclusions that KC jury did.

Not being able to prove why or how or where or even when, does not change the fact that there was a dead 2-year-old stuffed in a trash bag with duct tape tangled in her hair and where her face should have been. No report of disappearance or 911 call, no explanation from the last person to see the child alive and proof that a dead Caylee was in the car that was in the sole possession of FCA. Simply another "Mother" that murdered her child. Some say that the justice system worked in this case, I say, the system needs changing.

What i have been reading this case is a real mind-boggler.
Indeed question is why
First I thought may be she killed the child accidentally and there was no intent to kill.
Maybe she accidentally overdosed w choloform as she wanted the kid quiet and have fun with boyfriend etc
Then panicked and made up the nanny story.
However the internet searches reveal it was more or less planned, she searched home made weapons?
Perhaps killed because she could, in this case she is psychopath and that's a travesty she was acquitted.
Hopefully she pays one way or another.

There was no indication that the child was abused, often children that die in parents hands have also been mistreated, I think it made it difficult for the jury to believe Casey wanted to harm the child, because this child was well cared for.
Maybe Casey reads it, pretty sure she does with all the time in her hands, I can only say you are a pathetic coward and little girl was so unlucky to have you! Hope it haunts you 4ever.

Sent via Tapatalk

What i have been reading this case is a real mind-boggler.
Indeed question is why
First I thought may be she killed the child accidentally and there was no intent to kill.
Maybe she accidentally overdosed w choloform as she wanted the kid quiet and have fun with boyfriend etc
Then panicked and made up the nanny story.
However the internet searches reveal it was more or less planned, she searched home made weapons?
Perhaps killed because she could, in this case she is psychopath and that's a travesty she was acquitted.
Hopefully she pays one way or another.

There was no indication that the child was abused, often children that die in parents hands have also been mistreated, I think it made it difficult for the jury to believe Casey wanted to harm the child, because this child was well cared for.
Maybe Casey reads it, pretty sure she does with all the time in her hands, I can only say you are a pathetic coward and little girl was so unlucky to have you! Hope it haunts you 4ever.

Sent via Tapatalk

Caylee was only well-cared for when Cindy or other people like roommates and friends took care of her. Casey badly neglected her, didn't make efforts to feed her, let alone healthy food or let her play with other kids her age. Just look at what the roommates and friends have to say about the care of Caylee. It probably wasn't the first time Casey used her trunk as a babysitter/drugged her with Xanax.

You have to ask yourself, what would Caylee's life been like if it had been just her and her mother. I think she was well cared for in spite of her Mom. There was no love and care there only regret.

I honestly feel like if she had been just with her mother or just with her grandparents, things would be quite different. Looking at what we actually know (I find it really unlikely Xanax was involved), Casey wasn't mother of the year, but I don't think she was horrible either. I believe a huge part of what happened resulted from Casey's need to appease her parents when she wasn't willing or able to. To be as responsible for Caylee as they understandably wanted her to wasn't going to happen - that should have been obvious from the hidden pregnancy etc., and confirmed after her birth. I don't blame them for wanting her to step in and be the mother, but there were so many clear issues. They kept Casey safe as a child, but that's not all that matters in terms of getting someone to adulthood in one piece and functional, as they sadly learned the hard way. I think had they just agreed to take primary responsibility and let Casey be a part-time mom, it would have been relatively ok, even though they'd be enabling her. If Casey had been able to separate from her parents or had ones who were less influential, she may have been less than ideal, but I don't think the pressure would have mounted to the point that it did. All speculation, of course, and all easy to say in hindsight. So sad.

I honestly feel like if she had been just with her mother or just with her grandparents, things would be quite different. Looking at what we actually know (I find it really unlikely Xanax was involved), Casey wasn't mother of the year, but I don't think she was horrible either. I believe a huge part of what happened resulted from Casey's need to appease her parents when she wasn't willing or able to. To be as responsible for Caylee as they understandably wanted her to wasn't going to happen - that should have been obvious from the hidden pregnancy etc., and confirmed after her birth. I don't blame them for wanting her to step in and be the mother, but there were so many clear issues. They kept Casey safe as a child, but that's not all that matters in terms of getting someone to adulthood in one piece and functional, as they sadly learned the hard way. I think had they just agreed to take primary responsibility and let Casey be a part-time mom, it would have been relatively ok, even though they'd be enabling her. If Casey had been able to separate from her parents or had ones who were less influential, she may have been less than ideal, but I don't think the pressure would have mounted to the point that it did. All speculation, of course, and all easy to say in hindsight. So sad.

BBM

I'm not sure that Casey asked her parents to take primary responsibility of Caylee.

Casey definitely passed on her primary responsibly of being a mother to Caylee.

JMO

Cindy tried to take primary responsibility for Caylee- she and George were essentially her parents all her short life anyway- she told her co-workers that she would have applied for guardianship if it hadn't been so expensive to do it.
She threatened Casey with that action, in hopes of stimulating some caring response, but got nowhere, just got more resentment from Casey.
Casey dumped newborn Caylee at the first opportunity, relinquishing care to her mother, then her best friend, who she duped into babysitting full time, so she could "go to work" - this carried on for months until the friend found out there was no job. Then she turned her over to the Grunds to babysit while she 'worked' until they ran out of patience with her. In between she showed up regularly at Cindy's place of work to leave her as Cindy left for home- to make sure her evenings were free. She never really had full responsibility for the care of Caylee, and just as well, as she proved so many times, she didn't want the child around. When Cindy reached the end of her rope with the thefts from her mother, Casey actually thought she might be liable for Caylee's care full time, she got rid of her. If that's not a "horrible mother" I'm not sure what would be.

BBM

I'm not sure that Casey asked her parents to take primary responsibility of Caylee.

Casey definitely passed on her primary responsibly of being a mother to Caylee.

JMO

I should have used better wording - I know she didn't ask, but it seems like her mother used it as a threat or a control mechanism. I think her mother very much cared about Caylee was wiling to take responsibility for her, but in her understandable frustration with Casey, also made it clear that if that happened, it was a failure of Casey. That's not an unreasonable take, but given Casey's issues and their relationship issues, I think it made Casey feel trapped. She knew if that happened, it would be used against her forever. So while all the babysitting quite obviously took the burden/stress off Casey, I think the idea of making that the default situation stressed Casey out a lot. I see the disapproval and control issues being more likely possible triggers than having to care for Caylee. Not that it makes any difference in the outcome or liability, but it makes more sense to me. And I think Casey's parents knew how much that sort of thing messed with her head and had gotten so caught up in those dynamics that they couldn't see the bigger picture. Enabling her, then getting sick of her and demanding she get it together when she wasn't going to was a recipe for disaster. I feel very bad for them as these things always become a mess with a grandchild involved and they were not able to be objective, but the situation needed to be stabilized. Either by spending the money to go for custody and drawing a line with Casey, or by enabling her without fighting with her and just babysitting. They seemed in denial about the fact that she wasn't going to stabilize on her own and had some real problems.

My heart of heart feel Caylee was becoming more vocal, and would soon be able to verbalize what happened during the day. Caseys "work" cover would be blown. Cindy and George would know Casey was not working. Kids spill the beans innocently. My friends young 3 yr old listening to a story her mother was telling about an injury. 3 yr old spoke up adding the ice used for application to injury was wrapped in underwear. Mother was horrified, then realized her husband grabbed first thing to wrap ice in, which was from clean laundry on chair. Kids are literal. Caylee would soon blow Caseys cover.
I have thought about the injustice in this case and have come to feel Casey is feeling consequences of her punishment. She loved to socialize, now she cannot. Casey is in seclusion for the most part. Casey may have felt she wanted to get away from her parents and their control, but now that she is in seclusion may rethink those wishes.
The very life she wants is restricted by being labeled as Casey Anthony. She can't show her face.
Categorically, she is the most despised person in Florida.

There was definitely injustice done in this case but IMO FCA has not suffered from any punishment. She has continued on with her life by sponging off of someone else just as she did before. She has been seen in bars and other places so she is still getting out and doing what she wants just as she always has. We would have never known about her before if it weren't for her missing daughter. We just don't hear much now because she is old news.

As far as Caylee, we may never know the truth of what happened that Sunday afternoon or night. She may have already spilled the beans on what was going on.

IMO, FCA is staying low only because her keepers have told her she will make mega bucks if she does so until they can make the big deal. As long as they are taking care of her, paying her bills, housing her, she's got it made. She's living higher on the hog than she ever could have thought about doing.

One day, it will all end and she will have to fend for herself. How she will be able to handle that is what I for one am waiting for.

There was definitely injustice done in this case but IMO FCA has not suffered from any punishment. She has continued on with her life by sponging off of someone else just as she did before. She has been seen in bars and other places so she is still getting out and doing what she wants just as she always has. We would have never known about her before if it weren't for her missing daughter. We just don't hear much now because she is old news.

As far as Caylee, we may never know the truth of what happened that Sunday afternoon or night. She may have already spilled the beans on what was going on.

IMO, FCA is staying low only because her keepers have told her she will make mega bucks if she does so until they can make the big deal. As long as they are taking care of her, paying her bills, housing her, she's got it made. She's living higher on the hog than she ever could have thought about doing.

One day, it will all end and she will have to fend for herself. How she will be able to handle that is what I for one am waiting for.

I do wonder what the people think of FCA after they realize WHO she is and WHAT she did. Some would not care, but I do wonder about those that do. I don't think she has any real true friends except for that attorney and maybe his wife for some reason. I cannot figure out why the wife would help FCA out. JMO and thoughts

I should have used better wording - I know she didn't ask, but it seems like her mother used it as a threat or a control mechanism. I think her mother very much cared about Caylee was wiling to take responsibility for her, but in her understandable frustration with Casey, also made it clear that if that happened, it was a failure of Casey. That's not an unreasonable take, but given Casey's issues and their relationship issues, I think it made Casey feel trapped. She knew if that happened, it would be used against her forever. So while all the babysitting quite obviously took the burden/stress off Casey, I think the idea of making that the default situation stressed Casey out a lot. I see the disapproval and control issues being more likely possible triggers than having to care for Caylee. Not that it makes any difference in the outcome or liability, but it makes more sense to me. And I think Casey's parents knew how much that sort of thing messed with her head and had gotten so caught up in those dynamics that they couldn't see the bigger picture. Enabling her, then getting sick of her and demanding she get it together when she wasn't going to was a recipe for disaster. I feel very bad for them as these things always become a mess with a grandchild involved and they were not able to be objective, but the situation needed to be stabilized. Either by spending the money to go for custody and drawing a line with Casey, or by enabling her without fighting with her and just babysitting. They seemed in denial about the fact that she wasn't going to stabilize on her own and had some real problems.

See I totally agree with this. That's why I believe the flurry of calls had everything to do with who had control of this situation. You can see a tiny bit of this in the jail house tapes when KC and CA are speaking about the arrest, KC is literally falling apart and losing all cool but in her mind CA is patronizing her. Not that CA had any first hand knowledge of what KC was going to do to Caylee at that moment with the duct tape and suffocation. It was more of a tit for tat game with the phone and if they were going to go on with the way things have always been.

I watched every day of the trial including that fateful day. I remember watching with all of you, the pure shock and devastation of watching a murderer walk free. I believe the jury was tragically wrong and will never think differently.

It is reported that she is living in West Palm Beach. She recently had a garage sale and has a gym membership under an alias. She is supposedly living on Cortez.

:seeya: Good Morning,

I have not been here in a while ... but dropping by to wish everyone here a very

Happy and Prosperous New Year !

:newyear: :party: :newyear:

:fireworks::fireworks::fireworks:

I will never understand this jury's verdict. IMO, the State proved first degree murder. The jury simply got mired in a bunch of her lies when they should have ignored them due to the fact that she had no credibility in the first place.

Her actions proved murder. There was ample circumstantial evidence in the trunk of Casey's car that Casey (who was sneaking around the house when her parents weren't home and was going out of her way to avoid them) was the one threw Caylee in the woods and she did it all by herself. Nothing pointed to George besides the jurors deciding that they were body language experts, ignoring evidence and being all around lazy.

No one dumps a child in the woods after an accident and shows so little remorse or concern for them. The jailhouse tapes should have shown them that Casey was full of crap, George was doing everything he could to find Caylee and convince her to talk to the police and that she was the type of evil person to falsely accuse her father of molestation and dumping her daughter's body in the woods. Casey even laughed off the drowning in them. If that jury honestly thought that she was in any way afraid of George or doing his bidding, they are blind and deaf.

The sheer scope of her manipulation during those tapes should have showed the jury exactly who was in control of this situation and that Casey was no victim. There was one reason and one reason only that she was stalling and that she didn't lead the police to Caylee's body after they gave her an out by telling her that they had seen plenty of accidents over the years. She did not want to lead them to Caylee's body because it would prove that Caylee did not die of an accident.

I mean look at her behavior, she acted like anyone who asked about Caylee was irritating her, while she was in jail all she cared about was herself and HER life being taken from her, she led the police on a wild goose chase and then blamed them for the failure to find Caylee. THEY weren't looking hard enough, they were only focusing on her. She even tried to cast suspicion on Jesse Grund.

She was callous and manipulative. Is that how someone who is scared acts? Her behavior did matter, because not only was it circumstantial evidence, it showed consciousness of guilt, it showed that she was ready to let anyone take the fall for Caylee's death as long as she could claim zero responsibility for it. What in that shows that she deserves the benefit of a doubt after her car reeks of decomposition and contains forensic evidence of a dead body in it and her child shows up triple bagged in the woods behind her house with duct tape attached to her hair in the vincinity of her face? That isn't even counting the searches for "neck-breaking', "household weapons", "chloroform", "how to make chloroform", "recipe for chloroform." Now I don't believe Casey chloroformed Caylee. I think she thought about it, but ultimately, like burying Caylee in the backyard, it was too much effort. I think she looked up "fool-proof suffication" and then killed Caylee by suffocating her in some way.

Casey did not feel guilty Caylee was dead, Casey did not feel bad that Caylee was dead, Casey did not CARE that Caylee was dead. That was made abundantly clear during the jailhouse conversation when she yelled and screamed at her parents and told them that she should have gotten her out of jail and then described how she had "finally broke down." The catalyst for that? She pictured her parents having a huge barbecue on Caylee's birthday (without Caylee) and everyone sitting around relaxing by the pool and eating chili without her.

I would go so far as to say she was glad Caylee was dead because she wanted to hurt her mother after her mother threatened to throw her out and take custody of Caylee.

I still can't believe the jury fell for Baez's nonsensical story and felt there was any reason to be suspicious of George. I hope Kronk wins his lawsuit because accusing him of taking Caylee's remains and keeping them at his house for months when there was zero evidence of that was despicable and ridiculous. The prosecution should have, after Kronk took the stand, questioned him about exactly what the defense accused him of on the national news (which was not just hiding Caylee's body but MURDERING her and claiming that he should be a suspect in Caylee's murder.)

IMO, the prosecution presented clear evidence that Casey was the only one who could have killed Caylee and dumped her body. All they are guilty of is taking the high road and giving the jury and their reasoning skills too much credit.

In fact, I still can't accept that jury verdict. Honestly, I think Baez cheated somehow and I don't think the rest of the defense team knew about it. (From what I've gathered, he was constantly blindsiding them.) After reading about him trying to use that video of DC searching the woods to frame George, Kronk and DC when he knew full well that he was the one who asked DC to search Suburban drive, I think he's capable of anything.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back