GUILTY GA - Abbey Hebert, 17, stabbed to death, Acworth, 14 Nov 2015

I wonder what they argued about.

I don't know, what do young, or even somewhat older ladies usually argue about? Normally money, or a guy, I'd guess a guy.

Seems like drugs were involved at least somewhat:

I really doubt it was marijuana, unless it's that synthetic "spice", or laced with something else.

And

From: http://www.ajc.com/news/news/crime-law/warrant-argument-with-cousin-preceded-cobb-girls-s/npNyk/

Maybe whatever she smoked was laced with something? Generally marijuana by itself wouldn't have quite so extreme and violent an effect AFAIK...

Maybe whatever she smoked was laced with something? Generally marijuana by itself wouldn't have quite so extreme and violent an effect AFAIK...

I agree so much with this. There's been so many cases that I've read about recently where marijuana is mentioned and all I can think is that there must have been something more. It makes me wonder why they mention marijuana at all? Politics at play?

I really feel for the dad. It would be devastating to lose a child no matter what but it would be different if it's your only child.

I hope that the offender talks.

I read it as though the accused said she thought it was marijuana. Is wet still a thing? PCP laced marijuana seems like a candidate in this case, IMO. I read that they did tox screens, it'll be interesting to see what the results are and also what they release as motive. Various articles have said that neighbors heard lots of screaming and yelling so maybe there is something in what was yelled to help clarify things.

No. I believe Olivia's first court appearance is 12/10. Still no attorney of record listed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After reading this I'm speechless. They are reporting someone's opinion as fact. I mean no disrespect to the victims father but lots of young girls bleach their hair. It doesn't mean you are trying to be like someone else. Same with the Facebook photos.

I don't think this was a jealously of looks things. Both girls were gorgeous.

What does it say?

I read it as though the accused said she thought it was marijuana. Is wet still a thing? PCP laced marijuana seems like a candidate in this case, IMO. I read that they did tox screens, it'll be interesting to see what the results are and also what they release as motive. Various articles have said that neighbors heard lots of screaming and yelling so maybe there is something in what was yelled to help clarify things.

I was thinking this too. I know that people do smoke pcp laced marijuana, there's also a synthetic marijuana called k2 or spice that I saw a documentary on. It causes all sorts of bad reactions, both physical and psychological, here's a link about it:

http://health.usnews.com/health-new...2015/08/18/the-dangers-of-synthetic-marijuana

Whoops, edited to add that I should read through everything before posting because I just saw you already mentioned this possibility, sorry to be repetitive!

What does it say?

Basically the article states That obsession and jealousy was the motive. It quotes dad and grandma saying perp was obsessed with Abbey based on her bleaching her hair like Abbeys and putting many pics of his daughter on her Facebook.

Olivia Smith's first court appearance will be on 12/17. Not sure why it took so long.

Her attorney of record is Jimmy Berry. He has represented Fred Tokars and Lynn Turner.

The interesting thing about him is he used to be partners with Vic Reynolds and now Vic Reynolds is the Cobb Co DA.

Do we know if this court appearance happened today?

After stabbing her step-cousin to death, Olivia Smith wasn’t shy about what she’d done, according to testimony Thursday in a Cobb County courtroom.

Smith, 18, went to a neighbor’s house after she stabbed Abbey Hebert with a kitchen knife on Nov. 14, according to investigators. Smith allegedly told the neighbor that Hebert, 17, made her smoke something and then she stabbed her because God told her to, a detective testified Thursday.

Smith’s attorney believes her bizarre violent behavior will be traced back to whatever the pair had smoked, Channel 2 Action News reported. But police have said no traces of drugs were found at the Hebert home, where Abbey was killed in the front yard. Toxicology tests are pending to determined what may have contributed to the slaying
http://www.ajc.com/news/news/crime-law/teen-accused-of-stabbing-step-cousin-said-god-told/npmtq/

When will this case go to trial?? It's been a year!

When will this case go to trial?? It's been a year!

Do you think it will go to trial? I think they will end up doing a plea deal. I don't think she is denying she did it, so they only need to agree on the degree of murder.

Do you think it will go to trial? I think they will end up doing a plea deal. I don't think she is denying she did it, so they only need to agree on the degree of murder.

I would think not. I figured there'd be a plea agreement but if so then what's the hold up? Someone on Facebook said that jury notices are being sent out...?

I would think not. I figured there'd be a plea agreement but if so then what's the hold up? Someone on Facebook said that jury notices are being sent out...?

Perhaps her lawyers want to present a diminished capacity defense?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back