IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget Amanda was pregnant.

Very vulnerable.

Her instincts most likely would've been to placate, protect, escape.

Not to introduce a firearm.

All imo.

Yeah, i think we disagree again.

I think a child present makes for a mama bear situation. With a baby in a crib, last thing you want to do is wake the baby by picking them up and moving to another room as um.. a baby would cry and alert them.

So, that being the case you also don't want to take the chance of leaving the baby. I'd say most burglars are looking for a bedroom if they believe no one is home, so at some point he comes up the stairs.

I'd imagine that is where the confrontation would begin in a hall possibly near a stairwell ? i have no idea of the layout of the house, so just speculating. I can see her not leaving the baby alone , weapon in hand, and the burglar getting to that bedroom.

I honestly don't think she's going to want to wait for him to make the first move. just my opinion. I know I wouldn't.

But if you are upstairs with that baby, escape is not easily done without waking a baby first and having to come down stairs. ya know ?

I find it even harder to believe that she'd try to escape without that baby.

Were there any LE statements about her being shot more than once? Wasn't there a report somewhere that she was shot in the hand...torso & head? The hand/torso could have been the 1st shot...maybe she startled him...gun goes off...Is he going to leave a potential witness with a possible non-life threatening wound that could identify him later?....not likely...JMOO ​just thinking what if's...

I doubt she even saw it coming.

Whoever it was was utterly inexperienced and freaked out by what they did

Evidence>>>she was left alive

Experienced hits fire twice in the head, or once in torso once in head.

This tends to imply they shot once and ran in panic - most folks think "oh yeah ill go shoot him/her no worries" and aren't prepared for the horror, the noise, the mess, the smells, the reality of what they've just gone and done.

IMO<<<<<<<

I think a child present makes for a mama bear situation. With a baby in a crib, last thing you want to do is wake the baby by picking them up and moving to another room as um.. a baby would cry and alert them.

So, that being the case you also don't want to take the chance of leaving the baby. I'd say most burglars are looking for a bedroom if they believe no one is home, so at some point he comes up the stairs.

I'd imagine that is where the confrontation would begin in a hall possibly near a stairwell ? i have no idea of the layout of the house, so just speculating. I can see her not leaving the baby alone , weapon in hand, and the burglar getting to that bedroom.

I honestly don't think she's going to want to wait for him to make the first move. just my opinion. I know I wouldn't.

But if you are upstairs with that baby, escape is not easily done without waking a baby first and having to come down stairs. ya know ?

She had a baby INSIDE her. Maybe you have to be a mom to understand that...

Any attempts to overpower an intruder puts that baby at risk.

I don't think she saw it coming and if she did, she was so frozen by fear and shock she could barely react.

Shooting a young woman in the head...I don't know...even for a Christian persecutor that seems extreme.

Also there's no point committing horrible acts if you don't leave literature behind claiming that act. Terrorists always claim their crimes for this reason.

I would say far more personal. It was only a small congregation.

Corinthians reminds us that even Satan hides himself in the Light.

I know, just a horrible thought occurred to me. Think-tanking, I guess. Tanking is probably more like it.

I find it even harder to believe that she'd try to escape without that baby.

Did you hear about the recent case in Charlotte?

Semantha Bunce, 21, a combat medic in the National Guard, was in her Charlotte home breast-feeding her 4-month-old son in her bedroom when intruders barged in Tuesday, November 3, according to CNN affiliate WSOC.

As the intruders broke into the home and opened fire, Bunce fired back with her own weapon.

"I think it was a shock to the intruders just as much as it was to her," her husband, Paul Bunce, told the affiliate.

Her son was unharmed in the shooting, police said.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/09/us/breast-feeding-mom-home-intruders-charlotte/

It doesn't fit.

Shooting a young woman you don't even know in the head is an execution.
:(

I keep seeing you say this and that it's a crime of passion to shoot in the head.

In a situation where you want to BE SURE that the witness of your crime is dead, you likely shoot the head.

When someone is rushing you and you want to stop them, you aim for the torso.

Neither of these are necessarily about "passion" , "execution", or "hate" motivated as I saw you post on another reply.

passion / hate etc is usually overkill. Overkill is more shots than needed to kill. so you are confusing me with your assessment.

someone who wants to ensure you are dead, chooses a head shot. my opinion of course, but I'm pretty confident that i'm not off on this one.

Are zombie kills passionate ? ;)

We don't know that any of the individuals questioned were at the scene of the crime, or involved in any way.

Oh I know... was just pointing out that 4 suspects were questioned in regards to her murder.

From the links posted earlier...
"Four men were questioned in connection to Amanda Blackburn's killing Thursday."

I apologize if I have posted something wrong. I thought that if it was in MSM we could post and link to it. My apologies.

I keep seeing you say this and that it's a crime of passion to shoot in the head.

In a situation where you want to BE SURE that the witness of your crime is dead, you likely shoot the head.

When someone is rushing you and you want to stop them, you aim for the torso.

Neither of these are necessarily about "passion" , "execution", or "hate" motivated as I saw you post on another reply.

passion / hate etc is usually overkill. Overkill is more shots than needed to kill. so you are confusing me with your assessment.

someone who wants to ensure you are dead, chooses a head shot. my opinion of course, but I'm pretty confident that i'm not off on this one.

Are zombie kills passionate ? ;)

I suggest a burglar shooting a pregnant mom in the head, IS overkill.

A burglar shooting a mom in the head and then Not Stopping to Make Sure She is Dead <<<utterly pointless.

Whoever it was had never gone hunting that's for sure.

Whoever it was was NOT an experienced hit

Whoever it was panicked.

In fact, the entire thing went from Burglar success (earlier) to Total Burglar Fail (half killing someone).

No word on what burglar did in between, I hope theyre checking the cctv of the local mcdonalds...

Just posted the link again... I also included a link in #885 and #889, and I know it's been posted quite a bit over the past 24 hours. Sorry for any confusion.

I read four suspects yesterday too. But then it went to three and then two are being held on unrelated charges (not related to Amanda's murder).
LE stated the two cases are unrelated or only might be related.
This is confusion because, the two robberies may be related - one near the apartments and one two doors down from a potential third robbery where Amanda was murdered.

Got that? :thinking:

I read four suspects yesterday too. But then it went to three and then two are being held on unrelated charges (not related to Amanda's murder).
LE stated the two cases are unrelated or only might be related.
This is confusion because, the two robberies may be related - one near the apartments and one two doors down from a potential third robbery where Amanda was murdered.

Got that? :thinking:

Yup, it is all very confusing. There is SO much contradictory information being reported. And so very little factual information being released by LE.

She had a baby INSIDE her. Maybe you have to be a mom to understand that...

Any attempts to overpower an intruder puts that baby at risk.

I don't think she saw it coming and if she did, she was so frozen by fear and shock she could barely react.

She had two children present. Are you a mother ? (not being sarcastic, just asking)

Again, it's not an attempt to stalk and kill him. It's a woman in a bedroom with likely open door with a man coming up the stairs. The confrontation is not optional. I'd put money on that woman being an aggressor in that situation as opposed to waiting for him to make the first move.

just my opinion again, but do find it hard to believe she doesn't attack first if stairs are only way out and a baby in crib (and inside her).

A burglar shooting a mom in the head and then Not Stopping to Make Sure She is Dead <<<utterly pointless.

Whoever it was panicked.

In fact, the entire thing went from Burglar success (earlier) to Total Burglar Fail (half killing someone).

No word on what burglar did in between, I hope theyre checking the cctv of the local mcdonalds...

I think we can take "pregnant" off the table because at 12 weeks she was not showing (as evidenced by photos shown of her a few days prior at a Halloween party and also the likelihood she was in pajamas at that time of day). So, shooting a woman, who could I.D. you in a lineup, is overkill?

Maybe he was on his way out and noticed Davey leaving. Crime of opportunity.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Exactly. This, in fact, seems to be the most plausible theory according to investigators. http://www.indystar.com/story/news/crime/2015/11/13/impd-may-address-blackburn-slaying-press-conference/75696864/

Officials characterized the crime as a "random" act of opportunity. The suspect entered the Blackburn home after burglarizing another home two doors down, police said. Earlier this week, IMPD said officers had established no links between the two crimes at that time.

The new information presented Friday also established a more definitive timeline of the attack. Maj. Eric Hench, IMPD's assistant commander of investigations, said the first burglary happened around 5:30 a.m. Tuesday. Television sets and laptops were taken from the home.

At 6:11 a.m., Hench said, Davey Blackburn left his home to head to the gym. His wife was still at home, and the couple's toddler was in his crib.

"We believe that when Mr. Blackburn left to go work out," Hench said, "they saw an opportunity to burglarize another home."

She had two children present. Are you a mother ? (not being sarcastic, just asking)

Again, it's not an attempt to stalk and kill him. It's a woman in a bedroom with likely open door with a man coming up the stairs. The confrontation is not optional. I'd put money on that woman being an aggressor in that situation as opposed to waiting for him to make the first move.

just my opinion again, but do find it hard to believe she doesn't attack first if stairs are only way out and a baby in crib (and inside her).

Eh, I don't know. Everyone is different. I'm a mom of two and I think I'd freeze or quite literally have a heart attack. I'd just be completely petrified.

Whoever it was panicked.

Yeah, I think we even disagree on what overkill is. haha

Overkill to me is far more bullets or stabs than needed.

Shooting someone , whoever, in the head.. doesnt' mean passion or hate, it means you want to ensure they are dead.

But yeah, not going to debate this, i'll let what I have theorized and my definition of overkill stand on it's own.

Certainly it could potentially go down many ways.

I think we can take "pregnant" off the table because at 12 weeks she was not showing (as evidenced by photos shown of her a few days prior at a Halloween party and also the likelihood she was in pajamas at that time of day). So, shooting a woman, who could I.D. you in a lineup, is overkill?

But also this murder happened only a couple of days after they announced that they were pregnant. So the person that killed her may have known she was pregnant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member