KY - Gabriella Doolin, 7, Allen County, 14 Nov 2015 #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disgusting monster!!

What Gabbi must have endured, unspeakable, no words seem adequate here. Her family...holding them close in my thoughts tonight.

Any chance that jailhouse interview could be deemed inadmissible for any reason, not that that makes a difference if there's DNA, etc.

I had a feeling from the get go this was the work of an older pedophile, like Hailey Owens' and Cherish Periwinkle's killers. So often I suspect a teen perp, not sure what it was about this case exactly that specifically made me suspect otherwise...

I've caught up on all the posts here. Some good insight and observations re these latest developments. Thanks to all.

So...was it a fence or a trash can? He says "like I said, rubbed against a trash can." Ugh, no. That's not like what you said. What you said was a fence. He's trying to remember what lie he told.

There's a mumbled "coulda" in there that's not easy to pick up on. He says, "I coulda rubbed against a fence." He's theorizing...and very weakly at that.

I would guess this guy has a meth problem by his herky jerky movements and the speed with which he's aged in the last year. The pictures from 2014 on his wife's FB page look virtually nothing like him now. It could be another substance, as there's none of that telltale lateral jaw movement that hardcore meth junkies often have, but I still strongly suspect it. I do think he's lying, but just throwing this out there as a possibility--he could've been on a meth binge and been awake so long he became delusional and doesn't remember what he did. A friend of mine was raped by her brother after he was awake for 15 days on meth...he didn't remember it at all.

All the people from my former social circle became meth addicts, so I got really up close and personal with what it looks like. And it's real ugly.

I don't know, I hear the prisons are full of "innocent people." cough cough

There are innocent people in prison, and when that happens it's a huge travisty of justice, not something to be dismissed, nor scorned. But that's a topic for another thread. :/

I had a feeling from the get go this was the work of an older pedophile, like Hailey Owens' and Cherish Periwinkle's killers. So often I suspect a teen perp, not sure what it was about this case exactly that specifically made me suspect otherwise...

I've caught up on all the posts here. Some good insight and observations re these latest developments. Thanks to all.

I thought the complete opposite. Thought it was a kid. Ya just never know :(.

There's a mumbled "coulda" in there that's not easy to pick up on. He says, "I coulda rubbed against a fence." He's theorizing...and very weakly at that.

I would guess this guy has a meth problem by his herky jerky movements and the speed with which he's aged in the last year. The pictures from 2014 on his wife's FB page look virtually nothing like him now. It could be another substance, as there's none of that telltale lateral jaw movement that hardcore meth junkies often have, but I still strongly suspect it. I do think he's lying, but just throwing this out there as a possibility--he could've been on a meth binge and been awake so long he became delusional and doesn't remember what he did. A friend of mine was raped by her brother after he was awake for 15 days on meth...he didn't remember it at all.

All the people from my former social circle became meth addicts, so I got really up close and personal with what it looks like. And it's real ugly.

I agree. There is such a drastic difference from the pictures with his wife up to now. It's incredulous really. Something has to be going on. And he was twitching, jittery, shaky, you name it during the entire interview. It was difficult to watch him. My only experience with meth is from "Breaking Bad" :blushing: but it seems like it fits.

There are so many horrible things about this case. I was really hoping it was an accident and somebody panicked and killed her. I didn't want to even think the worst, which of course happened.

What's so scary about this as a parent is that this isn't something we can really explain to our kids. TM was a parent of the kids' friends. All the kids played/cheered together. We drill down to our kids about stranger danger, good touches/bad touches, find an adult if you're in trouble, etc. But we can't teach them to fear every single adult in their lives. This will not be helpful to raising them to go off in the world. I guess as I'm typing this, the thing that comes to mind is reinforcing them to have ownership of their intuitive feelings and instincts. If they start to feel something doesn't feel right in their gut, go with it and feel empowered to get out of the situation. But we can't tell them to fear every single person they come into contact with in their daily lives.

He's just so smug. Disgusting. Seems like he's pretty pleased with himself. He keeps smirking and looking down to the left. It really bothers me. He strikes me as someone that would have perpetrated crimes before and just got away with it...leaving him to believe he will get away with this one as well. I believe LE has solid evidence to convict him. They were determined to get this right. I will be completely surprised if Gabbi was his first victim. *JMO*

Exactly. My first thoughts were it's either a teenager just starting out, or an adult who is escalating. I will be surprised if this is the only time he has done this.

His manner of speech reminds me very much of someone I know who has been to prison several times for meth. I'm not saying this guy uses, but the resemblance in his speech and mannerisms is uncanny. I don't believe a word coming out of Timothy Madden's mouth, and he doesn't seem to either.

A question for the locals: Do you refer to a football game as a "ballgame"? TM, in the interview, says that they locked down the "ballgame", which I thought was a word used to mean baseball game.

Do you notice his account of the chronology of events?
1. description of the suspect
2. Gabbi's body found "later on that night"
3. lockdown of the ballgame

MIEURE: Why did they connect you to this murder?

MADDEN: Small-town gossip. They said I fit the suspect.

MIEURE: Do you know what that was?

MADDEN: Six foot tall. Brown coat. Long beard. Pretty much that’s all I knew about it. But then I knew they found the little girl’s body later on that night and then locked the ballgame down.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/30572992/transcript-murder-suspect-timothy-madden-speaks-to-wdrb-news

I agree. There is such a drastic difference from the pictures with his wife up to now. It's incredulous really. Something has to be going on. And he was twitching, jittery, shaky, you name it during the entire interview. It was difficult to watch him. My only experience with meth is from "Breaking Bad" :blushing: but it seems like it fits.

Researching sexual predators and serial killers for almost a decade, there is one common denominator that crops up again and again; an indirect or direct connection to methamphetamine use or abuse..

"There is a phrase you hear in addiction circles about meth; meth makes a good guy go bad, and a bad guy even badder. Most sexual predators/serial killers of late that I have researched, more often than not, there seems to be a common denominator of methamphetamine either directly or indirectly. This has been the case even before the 1980s CA speed freak killers. It was not by accident that TBI Director Mark Gwyn compared the 04/11/2011 Holly Bobo abduction/murder to the methamphetamine-related murders by James Christopher Tatrow, back in the 1990s.

<see link below> <BBM>

Two effects of meth is increased labido, and an extreme unpredictably brazened and violent behavior..
The meth epidemic seems to be creating psychopathic personalities in otherwise normal law abiding citizens.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-from-TN-2014-discussion-2-***ARREST***/page4

TN Senators convened March 11th, 2014 for a judiciary committee hearing to look at several bills aimed at curbing meth use in Tennessee, and TBI Director Mark Gwyn shared some pains of the drug from the front lines of law enforcement. It&#8217;s relevant in this hearing because TBI Director Mark Gwyn said Holly Bobo&#8217;s murder kidnapping case has to do with meth.

&#8220;I worked one of the first methamphetamine-related murders back into the 90s, where a guy kidnapped two young men, tortured them for seven days, killed both of them, threw them off into Center Hill Lake,&#8221; Gwyn said. &#8220;Fast-forward to 2014, and I thought in my career that would be the only time I would ever see anything like that.&#8221;

<The appeal in the case that TBI Director Mark Gwyn compared the HB case too>
http://www.tncourts.gov/sites/default/files/OPINIONS/tcca/PDF/984/tatrowjc.pdf

A question for the locals: Do you refer to a football game as a "ballgame"? TM, in the interview, says that they locked down the "ballgame", which I thought was a word used to mean baseball game.

MADDEN: Six foot tall. Brown coat. Long beard. Pretty much that&#8217;s all I knew about it. But then I knew they found the little girl&#8217;s body later on that night and then locked the ballgame down.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/30572992/transcript-murder-suspect-timothy-madden-speaks-to-wdrb-news

Does that mean he wasn't there when they found Gabriella and also wasn't there during the lockdown? If not, where was he?

Notice in the TV interview he says, "I'm very innocent." When you add the adverb, it becomes a red flag to detectives. Innocent people will say, "I'm innocent." But they won't say, "very innocent." Sign of guilt.

His demeanor during that interview is off to say the least. I was very surprised, having been charged with the R and murder of a child, that he wanted to speak publicly. Typically, your sex offenders want no cameras and not to talk and to lay low and hope for the best because they are ashamed of their behavior and know how society feels about sex offenders. So, I'm thinking while watching, what is his motivation to speak ? Three resasons that I can think of. A) He's innocent B ) He's not very smart. C) Absolute sociopath.

His demeanor during that interview is off to say the least. I was very surprised, having been charged with the R and murder of a child, that he wanted to speak publicly. Typically, your sex offenders want no cameras and not to talk and to lay low and hope for the best because they are ashamed of their behavior and know how society feels about sex offenders. So, I'm thinking while watching, what is his motivation to speak ? Three resasons that I can think of. A) He's innocent B ) He's not very smart. C) Absolute sociopath.

I'll take b and c, Bob, for the win!

Uhhh, yeah, I'll go with C) for $100, thanks.

MADDEN: Six foot tall. Brown coat. Long beard. Pretty much that&#8217;s all I knew about it. But then I knew they found the little girl&#8217;s body later on that night and then locked the ballgame down.

I'm not local county wise, but yes a football game is a ballgame. Football & basketball rule here. Both are called ballgames.

Full Video Interview of Timothy Madden with Transcript

MIEURE: I’ll go ahead and have you say and spell your name – first and last.

MADDEN: Timothy Madden. T-I-M-O-T-H-Y. M-A-D-D-E-N.

MIEURE: Okay, Timothy. What do you have to say about the charges you’re facing?

MADDEN: It’s all bogus. I’m a very innocent man. They can ask anybody that knows me.

MADDEN: Six foot tall. Brown coat. Long beard. Pretty much that’s all I knew about it. But then I knew they found the little girl’s body later on that night and then locked the ballgame down.

MIEURE: Do you know the Doolin family?

MADDEN: Yes. I know I went to school with him.

MIEURE: You went to school with her dad?

MADDEN: With her daddy, yes.

MIEURE: Okay. How well did you know them? Are you a family friend?

MADDEN: Yeah. I mean, yeah, I was friends with him all through school. And then we ran around together there after school for a while. And then my little daughter, she plays cheerleading with her – with the little girl.

MIEURE: If you’re innocent, why would someone accuse you of this?

MADDEN: I have no idea. I have no idea.

MIEURE: You’re from Scottsville?

MADDEN: Yes.

MIEURE: Okay. Were you at the game that night?

MADDEN: Yup. I was at the game. My son was playing football, and my little daughter was there with us too.

MIEURE: Hm. So now what? I mean, you’re in jail—

MADDEN: I’m in jail, yeah, but I still am innocent. So we’ll figure a way out of it.

MIEURE: How are you going to do that?

MADDEN: I’ll have a lawyer, I reckon, the only way. Because I have nothing to hide. I’ve cooperated every way that they wanted me to cooperate.

MIEURE: Hm. What types of rumors were going around that—

MADDEN: Oh, it’s all over Topix. And then when I do get out of here, I will sue KSP and everybody else that’s slandering my name.

MIEURE: Do you have any bad blood with the Doolin family?

MADDEN: No. Not at all.

MIEURE: What’s your relationship like with her dad?

MADDEN: Good.

MIEURE: Have you talked to him at all today?

MADDEN: Nope.

MIEURE: What do you want to say to them?

MADDEN: I’m sorry for your loss. I feel sorry for them, but it wasn’t me.

MIEURE: What do you want to say to the public?

MADDEN: Well, if they find the right person, I will come out and I will, like I said, sue everybody that’s slandering my name and put me where I am at today. Because I am innocent – [INAUDIBLE] know I am. And everybody knows me, knows I am.

MIEURE: Tell me -- walk me through the day today, from – I mean, they arrested you around 11:30 this morning. Did they just show up at your house—

MADDEN: I have no idea. I don’t [INAUDIBLE] time it was. But I seen ‘em driving up and down the road, and I seen this truck driving up and down the road. And it kept circling in the driveway, backing out, going up and down the road, and we’s up at my father-in-law’s house. And then he…and I told him, I said, ‘There’s that truck still up there at the end of the road.’ So he went up there to talk to them and he just waited up there and waited up there, so I figured I would go up there and see what was going on, so I walked up there and got about halfway up there, and they got out of the truck and came down there and said I had a warrant for my arrest.

MIEURE: How did they get a warrant signed in the first place?

MADDEN: They say they got evidence, but…

MIEURE: What type of evidence do they have against you?

MADDEN: I don’t know. I don’t know. I’ve not seen it.

MIEURE: Did they tell you?

MADDEN: [NODS NO]

MIEURE: Had they questioned you at all before your arrest?

MADDEN: Oh yeah, several times. Interrogated me, like three or four times. Polygraph. I give ‘em my clothes that night. I think – yeah, they did mention I had blood on my clothes or something, but because I rubbed against a fence – like I said, rubbed against a trash can. That’s the only thing I know where I’d get blood from, but it wasn’t me.

MIEURE: Is there any DNA evidence that they’ve—

MADDEN: No.

MIEURE: Did they said if—

MADDEN: I don’t -- If it is, it ain’t mine, you know, so—

MIEURE: Okay.

MADDEN: So maybe it will work out, because I’m an innocent man. I shouldn’t be here.

MIEURE: What’s your family thinking right now?

MADDEN: Oh, I have no idea. I’ve not seen then since they put me in the car. I’m sure they’re terrified and upset.

MIEURE: Okay. Anything else you want to say to anyone?

MADDEN: Nope. Just tell my kids I love them. Daddy will be alright.

MIEURE: So you have kids about the same age as the Doolin kids?

MADDEN: Well, I’ve got – one of them is. I’ve got, scattered out from 20 years old to…he’ll be a four-month-old the 25th.

MIEURE: How are you going to claim your evidence besides…I mean, if you were there that night, is there anyone that will—

MADDEN: Oh yeah, there were several people there. I’ve got all kinds of people to verify that I was there, you know, and seen me. I even took pictures on my phone to prove I was there, you know, to send to my ex-wife because she wasn’t there, and she wanted to see Blake playing football. So, I mean, I’ve got – I believe I’ll be okay.

MIEURE: Did they ask you questions about, like, you know, ‘Were you in the bleachers when Gabbi went missing?’ and things like that?

MADDEN: Oh yeah. Several times.

MIEURE: And what’s your – what are you claiming?

MADDEN: Last time I seen her, I was we was – I was – sitting on the side of the [INAUDIBLE], like I always, watching the…smoking a cigarette. And she walked by. And the other two girls came acro – through there first…I don’t know…a minute before. And then she came over there looking around, and I said, ‘Well, they want that way.’ And that was the last time I saw her.

MIEURE: And people were searching at that point?

MADDEN: No. [INAUDIBLE] And then nobody started searching for – I don’t know – 30 or 45 minutes, I guess.

MIEURE: So you saw her go by, back toward –

MADDEN: Well, she came in front of the bleachers to the back of the bleachers. [LONG PAUSE, AS MICROPHONE IS ADJUSTED.] And that’s all I know.

MIEURE: Okay. I guess, just, if you want to summarize: Why are you so confident that you’re innocent?

MADDEN: Because I know I am. I’ve done nothing wrong.

MIEURE: And you’re confident police won’t find any DNA evidence against you?

MIEURE: Who do you think did it?

MADDEN: I have no clue.

MIEURE: What do you want to say to that person?

MADDEN: [LAUGHS.] Bad individual out there.

MIEURE: I mean, if someone came—

MADDEN: He’s crazy.

MIEURE: --if someone came forward, that could mean your freedom.

MADDEN: Right.

MIEURE: Do you have anything you want to say to them?

MADDEN: Well, they need to. Because I know it wasn’t me. And my family knows it ain’t me. And everybody in Scottsville knows it me. If they know me, anyway, you know.

MIEURE: Why are people pointing fingers?

MADDEN: I have no idea. I guess ‘cause KSP started the rumors…

MIEURE: Okay, anything—

MADDEN: Because when they showed up at the house, they brought the news cameras with them, so [INAUDIBLE] that’s how it all started.

MIEURE: Huh.

MADDEN: But I ain’t got nothing else to say.

MIEURE: Okay. Alright. Thank you.

PHOTOJOURNALIST JEFF GORDON: Have you been arrested before?

MADDEN: Years ago.

GORDON: On what?

MADDEN: Cold checks. Traffic tickets.

MIEURE: Just misdemeanors?

MADDEN: Yes.

GORDON: Are you a sex offender?

MIEURE: Thanks for your time. We appreciate it.

**INTERVIEW ENDS**

"I even took pictures on my phone TO prove I was there."

To me, this is the most telling part of the interview. He didn't say he took pictures on his phone "that" prove he was there. It sounds as though he's actually telling us he took them because then they WOULD prove he was there. Who needs proof they were at a LL football game?

"I even took pictures on my phone TO prove I was there."

To me, this is the most telling part of the interview. He didn't say he took pictures on his phone "that" prove he was there. It sounds as though he's actually telling us he took them because then they WOULD prove he was there. Who needs proof they were at a LL football game?

His son was playing according to the interview.

His son was playing according to the interview.

I know that. But he said the reason he took pictures was to prove he was there. THEN he goes on to "explain". Lots of other ways to have said the same thing if the reason he took them was to show them to his ex-wife, IMO

I know that. But he said the reason he took pictures was to prove he was there. THEN he goes on to "explain". Lots of other ways to have said the same thing if the reason he took them was to show them to his ex-wife, IMO

Agree. I'm reading up on T***X now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member