CA - 14 killed in San Bernardino mass shooting, 2 Dec 2015 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm liking the Chief. He's being very clear and very open. He's just confirmed the SUV was rented yesterday. Another presser later today.

Rented 3 or 4 days ago, but due to be returned yesterday

Names of those murdered will be released starting this afternoon by the coroner.

I'm liking the Chief. He's being very clear and very open. He's just confirmed the SUV was rented yesterday. Another presser later today.
Actually, he said it was rented 4 days ago and due to be returned yesterday.

-digital media is incredibly important in obtaining motive.
-too early and would be irresponsible to speculate on motive.

This smells highly like an act of homegrown terrorism with planning and cooperation with outside sources. Coming from a Law Enforcement perspective there are a few things that make me feel this way.

1.) Witness in the area reported seeing middle eastern males meeting in the neighborhood for an extended time before the shooting.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...eastern-men-near-calif-shooting-suspects-home-

2.) Police located pipe bombs or other bomb material that failed to go off. Some sources say that no explosive material was inside or that they may have been "mock" or "poorly designed" explosives.

3.) The style of clothing worn by the suspects is not everyday apparel. The clothing has been reported to be military style and the suspects were said to be tactical vests.

In my opinion this was an operation that had some planning and there is much more to this story.

They will not speculate! The motive is not yet known!

All 4 guns legally registered.

Registered or purchased? California recently put new laws into requiring bullet buttons on weapons of this sort, a four year old AK wouldn't have had a bullet button on it and I really can't see these guys buying new lower receivers in order to comply.

If they didn't comply then the guns were NOT legally registered in that state.

CNN presser: FBI Rep, David Bowdich, reiterates what LE indicates - event was likely pre-planned.

He came back in the US July 2014, do not know all the countries he visited but he did visit pakistan, she is from there, she was on a K1 visa.

I lost my reply to pappa rob as Thread #1 closed. Just chiming in to say ITA:

We are all human beings. What matters is how we treat each other. IMV, the damage inflicted yesterday is almost incomprehensible. Lives were lost, many more were hurt, and I can't even wrap my head and heart around the numbers collaterally damaged.

IMO, one of the residual effects is fear. To allow this to infiltrate would be a victory, and this is unacceptable to me.

Our strength lies in our diversity. This rings true here on WS. I know I can count on the vast wealth of knowledge of my fellow WSers. I believe we bring so very much to the virtual table because of our differences and because we are inherently the same.

As I seek to allay the overwhelming cognitive dissonance that has arisen as a result of the events of 12/2/15, I look to the threads here to do so. I've said this before: WS is like a beautiful handmade quilt, woven together by your thoughtful posts, built by each thread and forum. All together, these are the ties that bind us, and each day we become stronger. Of course, we don't all agree. I know I learn new things all the time. The beauty of it all is that no thread is exactly alike! Yet, at the most basic level, we are comprised of the same thing.

pappa rob, thank you for reminding me of this. I will keep this in my :heart:

Hopefully, we will come out stronger on the other side.

:twocents:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*advertiser censored*'t Dir LA Office FBI, David Bowdich:

- we would rather be slow & correct

- we do not know motive>we're looking at digital media

- re international subjects>we're still looking into that

Basically, he answered questions with, we don't know this & we don't know that...

designs of IED and inspire magazine? We knew that question would come up and we are looking into it. <<<< whats this about?

- n/m, i googled.

So many people's lives have changed. Makes me so sad. Even a baby now is left parent-less. Why??!!!!!
I know I will never know these answers. As well I'm thinking about all the people that witnessed this that might have already had mental disorders such as anxiety or PTSD. How will this affect everyone that was witness to this from the employees, people using the services, and all the emergency workers.
My heart aches for my American neighbours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank god those twelve other bombs were not planted. This could have been far, far worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member