CA - 14 killed in San Bernardino mass shooting, 2 Dec 2015 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would need a little more than guy/s hanging out in a garage to make a call. Most of us get that hinky feeling when several things are not adding up. LE is not likely going to get a warrant based on a simple call but perhaps can check them out. As to who rents/owns the property. Check into them further and perhaps something may turn up allowing a warrant. It never hurts to make a call. IMO it's all we got. For now!

The PC police are out in full force. And we can choose to close our eyes to what possibly happened in this case. However, I truly believe that we will see more and more of this type of violence because the arms of ISIS and other radical groups is far reaching and HAS reached across the ocean and into America. Whether it is one person who is radicalized, a married couple, or a group...this PC first stuff needs to stop. Eyes and ears need to be open to ALL possiblilities! ALL OF THEM - including radicalization. No, I don't believe all Muslims will become radicalized...not at all, but it obviously is becoming an increasing problem and needs to be considered.
Good post! Thank you.

It doesn't have to be a direct ISIS operation for it to be radicalized terrorism. I have read terrorist propaganda in the past that calls upon young men to take up personal Jihad against unbelievers. I don't understand why people are afraid to call this what it is. Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Knock on the door and talk to whoever answered. Depending on what the neighbor told them, maybe ask if they could look in the garage.

Um... yeah... no thank you, and I don't think others should either. There would be a lot at stake if the garage was a gun factory- you think the type of people that would shoot and kill as many people as time and their weapons would permit would have any problem inviting you in- shutting the door and then quietly shooting you in the back as you made your way to the 'garage'?

RE half-dozen Middle Eastern men in the area

IMO only

Lanza was white
Homes was white
Congress woman one was white
church one was white
planned parenting was whie
paris folks were french citizens for the most part
This is america - it is not IMO ok to say cause one is black or muslim that we need to be reporting people casue of their race or nationality

thats hitler -- we learned from that I would hope

RE half-dozen Middle Eastern men in the area
Wedding
Engagement
Diwali
Eid
Purim
Michigan - Ohio State game
Etc
:)

IMO, political correctness passed the point of being a powerful, necessary and useful tool of human rights advocacy long ago and has become more and more a tool used to oppress opinion, dissent and debate. It is, JMO again, antithetical to free speech. When people lose their ability to sense irony, to see the importance of humour in our culture (and, I believe, our culture is worth defending), to be able to defend positions with logic and instead resort to shutting down argument with PC limitations, they become unable to discern the truth of what is happening under their noses.

If warning signs predictive of trouble or danger concerning this case (and undoubtedly many others), as mentioned in the article linked below and others, were ignored because there was a perception of a potential PC backlash to observations of such behaviour, and, as a result, a danger to the observer's professional and social well being, then political correctness must be examined. Political correctness has, it seems, become a shield behind which cultural values--like freedom of speech--have been attacked. Political correctness, in its current form, seems to have become a liability.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015...ch-redlands-home-tied-to-suspect-syed-farook/
The pendulum swings too far...

+1

Had she not feared calling, there might be 14 families with their loved one at home today.
I hate to think of the backlash and attacks she night have suffered due to political correctness had she accused her Muslim neighbor of hinky business though. I am even wary of posting my true thoughts here in this forum because someone might inevitably slap my hand and call me a right wing nut or something. Jmo.

So if the his mother lived there also where is she? and where was she yesterday?

ETA: there's no way she wasn't aware of what was going on in their home.

The F.B.I. has begun treating its inquiry as a terrorism investigation, two law enforcement officials said Thursday. The suspects’ extensive arsenal, their recent Middle East travels and evidence that one had been in touch with people with Islamist extremist views, both in the United States and abroad, all contributed to the decision to refocus the investigation

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/04/us/san-bernardino-shooting.html?_r=0

Mr. Bowdich said that Mr. Farook visited Pakistan last year, and that he and Ms. Malik entered the United States from Pakistan in July 2014. She traveled on a Pakistani passport and entered the United States on a K-1 visa, a 90-day visa given to fiancés planning to marry Americans. The couple applied on Sept. 30, 2014, for a permanent resident green card for Ms. Malik, which requires passing pass criminal and national security background checks using F.B.I. and Department of Homeland Security databases, and she was granted a conditional green card in July 2015.

Just a point to ponder but if you make a call your neighbor is not going to be privy as to who exactly made the call.

I think if you really suspect something is off and have a gut feeling...you know if and when to call.

Hi mom

We gotta look at from LE view - you use your garage and have company -- your under arrest , and we are coming into your garage- what would LE do -- nothing - casue its againist the law - that is the deal

"gut" feelings do not not allow LE to enter your home !

the guys on the train had every right to attack a dude running around with a machine gun on the train just like passengers on a plane when someone is attempting to open a door at 30000 feet imo

My little neighborhood is a series of cul-de-sacs off a circle. We scrutinize every unknown vehicle or person walking into our area. If we feel unsure about them, the police will come out to check them out for us. The police department has advised us to do this for everyone's safety. These days one cannot be too careful! IMO.

Just a point to ponder but if you make a call your neighbor is not going to privy as to who exactly made the call.

Hi Bravo!

LE cannot (thank god)doing anything about have friends "who look like they are" are Muslims - its not againist a law!

Hi mom

We gotta look at from LE view - you use your garage and have company -- your under arrest , and we are coming into your garage- what would LE do -- nothing - casue its againist the law - that is the deal

I agree.

I also don't think this woman ever seriously considered calling LEO. I think she noticed these things but didn't think much of it until AFTER this happened.

So if the his mother lived there also where is she? and where was she yesterday?

ETA: there's no way she wasn't aware of what was going on in their home.

All I have read is the their 6 month old baby was dropped off at his Mothers stating they had an appt. to attend so I assume she lived elsewhere.

1 year and 4 months she was in this country.

All I have read is the their 6 month old baby was dropped off at his Mothers stating they had an appt. to attend so I assume she lived elsewhere.

Oh okay I tought I read she was dropped off at the great grandmothers and his mother lived with them. So much confusing information out there.

Um... yeah... no thank you, and I don't think others should either. There would be a lot at stake if the garage was a gun factory- you think the type of people that would shoot and kill as many people as time and their weapons would permit would have any problem inviting you in- shutting the door and then quietly shooting you in the back as you made your way to the 'garage'?

I think Popsicle was answering what would/could LE do?

I agree that the publics only job is to report someone if they truly are suspicious of them for some reason. Again common sense applies.

Its totally up to LE what to do with a report.
I have seen those crime shows a lot and what LE usually does is knock on the door and talk to the people. LE is usually pretty good at seeing their reactions during their questioning. If LE has their own suspicouns after visiting the people that someone reported about, then LE has ways to pursue it further.

I hate to think of the backlash and attacks she night have suffered due to political correctness had she accused her Muslim neighbor of hinky business though. I am even wary of posting my true thoughts here in this forum because someone might inevitably slap my hand and call me a right wing nut or something. Jmo.

I obviously so agree - no worries if I sae neghbors continually having UPS packages from the Gun Gallery . com would have no issue mentioning .

Garage lights on is hardly (only cause we know now what was happening)

I would not even notice a neighbors garage light on or have company that looks "muslim" just would not register to me

nor would african american neighbors who are visited by african americans prompt me to think better call the cops there are africian americans going into my neighbors house !!!

ring ring ring ! yes I want to report that my neighbor has africian american human beings come to their where they pay to live

Dispatcher : we will send someone out right away - and they are coming to you for a mental health screening !!!

Its numbing to me IMO

Hi Bravo!

LE cannot (thank god)doing anything about have friends "who look like they are" are Muslims - its not againist a law!

Hey there. Oh I agree. I would call if anyone was showing signs of being up to something. Would not have to be Muslim. In the case with Auntie we knew other things before we were told they were Syrian. We were worried. Then thought maybe gun/drug runners but were worried for all the elderly folk in her building. It was their behavior that alerted us first. I will admit it being Europe and then hearing Syrian it was the cap for us to do something. It was never just about them being Syrian. Good to see ya ma dear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong