CA - 14 killed in San Bernardino mass shooting, 2 Dec 2015 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emerging reports of terrorist links:

Killer couple's links to international terror: US-born gunman was 'in touch with known terror suspects and radicalized online' after 'wooing his Pakistani wife on devout Muslim pilgrimage to Saudi Arabia'

San Bernardino gunman Syed Farook met his Pakistani wife-turned-accomplice Tashfeen Malik while on the hajj in Saudi Arabia and appeared to be radicalized, law enforcement officials revealed this afternoon.

Investigators told CNN that Farook, a native US citizen of South Asian descent, was in touch by phone and via social media with more than one international terrorism subject ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...party-slaughtered-14-leaving-baby-mother.html

This is late -- I'm catching up, but

Welcome to Websleuths,

LogicRules!!

We're glad you've joined our bunch!!

So totally with a dash of undesered guilt

Americans mind their own bussiness - we are scared to help if we see a head on collison in front of us - we will get sued -- we have all seen video of a car behind another car that flies 487 feet in the air and crahses into a forest, and we carefully drive by so as not to damage our car

I think that is american tho

Maybe for some. I have gotten involved. I have been late for work in order to wait for police in order to give a report of an accident. I got subpoenaed to appear in a divorce hearing because I called the police and waited for them to arrive when I witnessed a man hitting a woman at a ngas station. I hollered to her along if I she needed the police and I called them. The man came over and tried t take the phone but I guess my icy glare made him rethink his decision and he left before the police arrived. Maybe people ignore things where you live but I don't find that in my area.

Um... yeah... no thank you, and I don't think others should either. There would be a lot at stake if the garage was a gun factory- you think the type of people that would shoot and kill as many people as time and their weapons would permit would have any problem inviting you in- shutting the door and then quietly shooting you in the back as you made your way to the 'garage'?

totally - I got a meth lab in my garage and cops without a search warrent I am going to invite them on in? That is insane!

I totaly beleive that LE would spend more time talking to you (invol commiment) for repoerting that a neighbors garage light is on

its identical to the mcdonalds guy calling 911 cause there was not enough cheese on his quater pounder totally silly imo

One would be added, the caller , to the LE data base as watch -- mental illiness supspected .

Sorry if this has already been discussed,but does anyone know what this guy got mad at,at the party? Just curious,if this party was the original target or if they had something bigger in mind,but he just got mad and said to his wife,lets do this now.

Sorry if this has already been discussed,but does anyone know what this guy got mad at,at the party? Just curious,if this party was the original target or if they had something bigger in mind,but he just got mad and said to his wife,lets do this now.

No known motive. Yet.

totally - I got a meth lab in my garage and cops without a search warrent I am going to invite them on in? That is insane!

I totaly beleive that LE would spend more time talking to you (invol commiment) for repoerting that a neighbors garage light is on

its identical to the mcdonalds guy calling 911 cause there was not enough cheese on his quater pounder totally silly imo

One would be added, the caller , to the LE data base as watch -- mental illiness supspected .

But no one was planning to call because ' a garage light' was on. The things that seemed to be of concern were along the lines of many packages arriving daily and men of middle Eastern descent coming in and out and having meetings at night. Of course, there are lots of innocent explanations for all of that. It could be a study group, a prayer group, a bunch of family members helping them move in, etc etc. But 'see something/say something' is designed for things just like this, imo.

There is no law that I know of that says you cannot report someone who made you suspicious for ANY reason. Its up to LE to investigate or not once they receive a report.

Everyone is different and anyone could get suspicious of someone for different reasons. Whether its suspected drug sellers next door OR new people showing up all of a sudden in recent weeks that you have never seen before.
IMO common sense needs to rule.

It sounds to me that there were at least 2 people on that block that did not call but were suspicious. The interview I saw was a news reporter last night who had spoken to a female neighbor and he was telling us what she said directly (sorry no link).

It sounds like this person in this article below is another person that also did not call but was suspicious:

"A man who has been working in the area said he noticed a half-dozen Middle Eastern men in the area in recent weeks, but decided not to report anything since he did not wish to racially profile those people."

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015...ch-redlands-home-tied-to-suspect-syed-farook/

I think this is a very important topic because I think people are being coerced into not making those calls when years ago they probably would have called LE.

All JMO of course.

I think you are on to something here. Society has changed much in the last 50 years. I remember being in the Philippines in 2009 or so and talking to a Dutch couple on a tiny island overnight camping. They said they were sick of their society where they lived in an apartment building with tons of close neighbors but nobody talked or paid attention to each other. Technology has isolated us and changed perceptions of what is normal and what is not. If one is consumed by their own lives and devoting their existence to their iphone and amazon.com, well, they generally will not pay the attention needed given our current environment.

hi blue I am lost by this ???

You said "This is america - it is not IMO ok to say cause one is black or muslim that we need to be reporting people cause of their race or nationality" and I agree. I just added a list of non-nefarious reasons there might be some middle eastern men hanging out in the neighborhood to add some levity.

She is here on a K1 visa

For those besides myself who does not know what a K1 Visa is:

A K-1 visa is a visa issued to the fiancé or fiancée of a United States citizen to enter the United States. A K-1 visa requires a foreigner to marry his or her U.S. citizen petitioner within 90 days of entry, or depart the United States.
K-1 visa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes it would be the behavior of a white, black, purple, green, Muslim, Catholic, Buddhist etc. etc. I would report.

The problem, as mentioned in The Daily Beast, is that he and his brother have the same name but a different middle name. So this confuses things. And both middle names start with an 'R'.

There used to be a woman, in her late 80's, that lived around the corner from us. Her great grandson lived with her. He was in his early 20's and had a shaved head and weird tattoos , some on his face. We began having a lot of car breakins and things stolen from garages and yards. Bikes, statues, tools, etc went missing. I began seeing lots of skin head looking white males hanging out in his front yard day and night. So I called LE twice, to say that I thought these might be the burglars.

I had no reason ,other than skin color and hairstyle, to accuse them. But it turned out the cops already knew about them and several were busted soon afterwards. To be honest, if they were black kids, dressed like gangbangers, or Middle Eastern men, I might not have called, because it might have seemed racist. IDK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member