CA - 14 killed in San Bernardino mass shooting, 2 Dec 2015 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have an idea when the next press conference will be today? I thought I read there would be one more - but I'm not sure where to see this information. (I don't have TV so I can't see CNN etc.)

I believe somebody posted a bit ago there was a Presser at 8:30 EST. Anyone know for sure?
ETA- I see you have been answered in the time i typed lol

Sorry if this has already been discussed,but does anyone know what this guy got mad at,at the party? Just curious,if this party was the original target or if they had something bigger in mind,but he just got mad and said to his wife,lets do this now.

I was wondering if Farook had come across any anti-Muslim talk at work and that might have set him off. I found this article about one of the victims, Nicholas Thalasinos and a threat he received on FB. It appears Thalasinos was very outspoken regarding Muslims.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/...ictim-had-been-Cape-May-County-inspector.html

SNIP:" His last post, as captured by a Facebook friend, described a message he had gotten from a Facebook member called "Med Ali Zarouk" who told him "you will never sucsseed (sic) to make a country for jews ... soon you'll get your a-- kicked, you will die and never see Israel as country believe me never."

Authorities have not released any motive for the shooting, or suggested an intended target. Thalasnos was a Messianic Jew and posted frequently about Israel and politics. His posts included several that compared Muslims to Nazis."

I haven't read all of the pages, so apologize if this has been answered. Does anyone know if they targeted specific victims or was it random?

I was wondering if Farook had come across any anti-Muslim talk at work and that might have set him off. I found this article about one of the victims, Nicholas Thalasinos and a threat he received on FB. It appears Thalasinos was very outspoken regarding Muslims.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/...ictim-had-been-Cape-May-County-inspector.html

SNIP:" His last post, as captured by a Facebook friend, described a message he had gotten from a Facebook member called "Med Ali Zarouk" who told him "you will never sucsseed (sic) to make a country for jews ... soon you'll get your a-- kicked, you will die and never see Israel as country believe me never."

Authorities have not released any motive for the shooting, or suggested an intended target. Thalasnos was a Messianic Jew and posted frequently about Israel and politics. His posts included several that compared Muslims to Nazis."

I can see how there might be problems between the two of them. Wow.

I haven't read all of the pages, so apologize if this has been answered. Does anyone know if they targeted specific victims or was it random?

Sorry i dont have a link handy but from what I have read/heard it appeared to be random

If this was a young white couple who did this, they would be called a modern day Bonnie and Clyde.

But she also said that some of Farook’s social media posts seem to have been deleted before the attack.

http://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/14-dead-17-wounded-in-california-shooting-2-suspects-dead/

Two weeks ago, Farook and one of the co-workers he killed, 52-year-old Nicholas Thalasinos, had a heated conversation about Islam, according to Kuuleme Stephens, a friend of the victim’s.

Stephens said she happened to call Thalasinos while he was at work and having a discussion with Farook. She said Thalasino told her that Farook “doesn’t agree that Islam is not a peaceful religion.”

Shooting 30+ people because ONE co-worker said something you don't like seems a bit extreme.

It also seems like victim blaming.

Shooting 30+ people because ONE co-worker said something you don't like seems a bit extreme.

It also seems like victim blaming.

Maybe it's a combination of workplace violence and terrorism. They were going to do it anyway and he decided to make it personal.

One sheriff’s office in Ulster County, New York, about an hour north of New York City, is urging citizens who are licensed to carry firearms to make sure they do so in the wake of the San Bernardino shooting. Here is the message in full:

December 3, 2015

ATTENTION LICENSED HANDGUN OWNERS

In light of recent events that have occurred in the United States and around the world I want to encourage citizens of Ulster County who are licensed to carry a firearm to PLEASE DO SO.

I urge you to responsibly take advantage of your legal right to carry a firearm. To ensure the safety of yourself and others, make sure you are comfortable and proficient with your weapon, and knowledgeable of the laws in New York State with regards to carrying a weapon and when it is legal to use it.

I also want to remind all Police/Peace Officers both active duty and retired to please carry a weapon whenever you leave your house. We are the thin blue line that is entrusted in keeping this country safe, and we must be prepared to act at any given moment.

Thank you,

Paul J. Van Blarcum
Ulster County Sheriff

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...s-live-updates#block-5660cfafe4b08a7077c935cc

Two weeks ago, Farook and one of the co-workers he killed, 52-year-old Nicholas Thalasinos, had a heated conversation about Islam, according to Kuuleme Stephens, a friend of the victim’s.

Stephens said she happened to call Thalasinos while he was at work and having a discussion with Farook. She said Thalasino told her that Farook “doesn’t agree that Islam is not a peaceful religion.”

He sure showed him.

It's one thing for a peaceful person to argue this. I totally get that! It's another for someone planning a bombing and shooting to argue this....

Weird how our brains can hold so many completely contradictory ideas in them at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77