CA - 14 killed in San Bernardino mass shooting, 2 Dec 2015 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
www.nbcnews.com/storyline/san-berna...m-trip-spared-san-bernardino-survivor-n473686
Asked how many friends he'd lost in the shooting, Baccari replied, "Everybody that died."

He added, "I assumed Syed was our friend as well."

Emph. mine

That last bit.... made me tear up a little. :(
It doesn't sound as if everyone there hated Syed F. !

DM is beginning to release names of the victims ; I didn't know if someone had a post/link to that page ;
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3344907/PICTURED-victims-San-Bernardino-massacre.html

Sounds like this was a pretty diverse group... so far nothing stands out-- imo -- that would in any way warrant an attack of this savagery.

from above link :
The next morning, 24 hours after he last received a text messages from his boyfriend, Kaufman's aunt who raised him called Reyes with the bad news.

'I'm so emotionally drained right now,' Reyes told the LA Times on Thursday. 'I don't know if I want to scream, cry or break a window.'

Poor guy. :(
So sorry for his loss !
And for all of the hurting relatives and friends ; my utmost condolences.

:banghead: :furious:

:moo:

Someone had asked if there was any anti-Islam talk in the workplace. Below is some recent reporting on such:

The radicalized San Bernardino gunman clashed with a Jewish co-worker over religion just two weeks before he and his Pakistani wife stormed an office holiday party where they massacred 14 people.

Syed Farook, 28, got into a heated argument with colleague Nicholas Thalasinos, a Messianic Jew who was identified today as one of the victims of Wednesday’s rampage. ...

Thalasinos was passionate about pro-Israel causes and was known to rant about Islam on Facebook.
The New York Post reported that Thalasinos' Facebook page was filled with negative comments about Muslims and references to his conservative beliefs.

In one of his final status updates on Tuesday, Thalasinos responded to an anti-Semitic tirade allegedly penned by an apparent Muslim living in Ukraine, who railed against Jews and Israel.

‘Anyway my new hobby appears to be BLOCKING PAGAN ANTISEMITIC TROGLODYTES so I'm just passing this along to warn others,’ was Thalasinos' reply.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...party-slaughtered-14-leaving-baby-mother.html

I think it is important to find out the motive. IMO, if it was just a workplace issue, and they were whackjobs that hated the co-workers, then this would be the end of it.

But I am not thinking that was the case here. All of the other ammo and pipe bombs were still in the garage. And reports of other men being there with him many times makes me wonder if it was a bigger cell. if so, then we need to uncover it so they do not attack another group of innocents.
I think the fact that they didn't hightail it out of town, plus their return to the residence AND the fact that they didn't commit suicide or suicide by police leads me to the idea that they weren't done that day. Perhaps they had a secondary target location? The disgruntled worker theory just isn't cutting it for me at all. I think his attitude at the party was reflective of his psyching himself to come back and wreak havoc.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Someone had asked if there was any anti-Islam talk in the workplace. Below is some recent reporting on such:

The radicalized San Bernardino gunman clashed with a Jewish co-worker over religion just two weeks before he and his Pakistani wife stormed an office holiday party where they massacred 14 people.

Syed Farook, 28, got into a heated argument with colleague Nicholas Thalasinos, a Messianic Jew who was identified today as one of the victims of Wednesday’s rampage. ...

Thalasinos was passionate about pro-Israel causes and was known to rant about Islam on Facebook.
The New York Post reported that Thalasinos' Facebook page was filled with negative comments about Muslims and references to his conservative beliefs.

In one of his final status updates on Tuesday, Thalasinos responded to an anti-Semitic tirade allegedly penned by an apparent Muslim living in Ukraine, who railed against Jews and Israel.

‘Anyway my new hobby appears to be BLOCKING PAGAN ANTISEMITIC TROGLODYTES so I'm just passing this along to warn others,’ was Thalasinos' reply.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...party-slaughtered-14-leaving-baby-mother.html

BBM

$20 bucks says he is absolutely not Jewish.

Jeez it's so hard to see the actual victims. May their souls be at peace and may their loved ones find a way to pick up the pieces of their broken hearts. So senseless and awful.

And as far as calling the cops, I think hindsight is 20/20 and it's easy to say what you would do in that situation but I think it's unfair to put blame on her. In most people's minds people are not crazy, sadistic murderers, even if they are strange. And heck, even my hubby and I disagree over calling cops all the time. He is so cop calling happy it drives me nuts! "Oh there is a car I haven't seen outside" he calls the cops. A while ago I came inside from walking the dog, and I was like "oh my gosh, Lu just jumped out of his skin because someone's shooting a gun" and he instantly freaked out and called the cops, but I grew up in the country, so a gun being shot in the distance didn't even register with me as something to call the cops about. For me, it would have to be something very obvious, like a guy loading a tv in to his car with no plates at my neighbors house who happen to be out of town, IYKWIM.

One sheriff’s office in Ulster County, New York, about an hour north of New York City, is urging citizens who are licensed to carry firearms to make sure they do so in the wake of the San Bernardino shooting. Here is the message in full:

December 3, 2015

ATTENTION LICENSED HANDGUN OWNERS

In light of recent events that have occurred in the United States and around the world I want to encourage citizens of Ulster County who are licensed to carry a firearm to PLEASE DO SO.

I urge you to responsibly take advantage of your legal right to carry a firearm. To ensure the safety of yourself and others, make sure you are comfortable and proficient with your weapon, and knowledgeable of the laws in New York State with regards to carrying a weapon and when it is legal to use it.

I also want to remind all Police/Peace Officers both active duty and retired to please carry a weapon whenever you leave your house. We are the thin blue line that is entrusted in keeping this country safe, and we must be prepared to act at any given moment.

Thank you,

Paul J. Van Blarcum
Ulster County Sheriff

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...s-live-updates#block-5660cfafe4b08a7077c935cc
My parents live in Ulster County NY and are registered hand gun owners, there are many pro NRA in the area, still I am surprised and a bit scared that an official feels it necessary to put out an alert like that. Doesnt seem too responsible. I don't know, maybe because I am so scared of guns.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jeez it's so hard to see the actual victims. May their souls be at peace and may their loved ones find a way to pick up the pieces of their broken hearts. So senseless and awful.

And as far as calling the cops, I think hindsight is 20/20 and it's easy to say what you would do in that situation but I think it's unfair to put blame on her. In most people's minds people are not crazy, sadistic murderers, even if they are strange. And heck, even my hubby and I disagree over calling cops all the time. He is so cop calling happy it drives me nuts! "Oh there is a car I haven't seen outside" he calls the cops. A while ago I came inside from walking the dog, and I was like "oh my gosh, Lu just jumped out of his skin because someone's shooting a gun" and he instantly freaked out and called the cops, but I grew up in the country, so a gun being shot in the distance didn't even register with me as something to call the cops about. For me, it would have to be something very obvious, like a guy loading a tv in to his car with no plates at my neighbors house who happen to be out of town, IYKWIM.

Lol!!
My dad used to call the cops if anyone parked in front of our house. Cuz, ya know, he owned the street.

People magazine.

attachment.php

http://www.people.com/article/san-bernardino-shootings-remembering-the-victims

Just want to add in the name from caption: "Michael Wetzel and his family."

Federal officials said all four weapons were purchased legally in the United States four years ago - the handguns by Farook himself and the assault rifles by a third party.

A federal law enforcement source told the LA Times Farook and Malik bought the guns at Annie's Get Your Gun, a firearms store in the city of Corona that bills itself as a 'family-friendly gun store.' A person who identified themselves as the owner denied that the store sold the weapons to the shooters.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...red-14-leaving-baby-mother.html#ixzz3tJ4EuGgJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam